Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 10:13:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mecc

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:59:37 AM

For the list.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=625693.0 Summer coin "NAVAJO ANONYMOUS TECHNOLOGY"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.0 Orange coin "Our process unlike some “Masternodes” intends to be 100% automated, using original ideas from Darkcoin and adding our own."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=607919.0 Sync has nitesend
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639371 Voot nitesend + market planned

Zerocoin is no longer in developement. The tech for zerocoin is available for people to implement (https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin), but no coin has been able to do so. I believe Anoncoin has been attempting this for a long time. If you see bounties for zerocoin tech or anon for a small amount of btc as hype (Liberty Coin, Boost), tread carefully. Zerocash is expected 3-6 months from now. Follow this guy. https://twitter.com/secparam. I believe the major weakness is that it relies on a trusted party and that if someone were to break the tech, you would have no way of knowing. It is cutting edge tech. http://zerocash-project.org/paper. That is what a paper looks like. Not a pump & dump paper.

I don't fully understand all the advantages and con of every coin because I see what I believe is a lot of misinformation. For example, you have chaeplin and other dark supporters saying XC is broken. They post some unrelated links. I'm like all right, whatever. Are you a developer or a security expert? Oh just an everybody type of person. A lot of people talk, but very few who are qualified. Sigh... I'm still trying to learn, but it's stupid with some of the stick figure whitepapers that people put up.

Feel free to remove this post because this isn't XC related.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:11:58 AM

Last fews days , days traders took profits on XC each time they could to follow the pump on others coin. But now it become too dangerous to get out of XC because it is hard to rebuy cheap  (bid side is really dry and buying wall protection) and next big news are too close.

Now,  day traders can only hope to rebuy 10/15 points lower  but they would risk to panic buy 20/30 point higher pretty often . Doesn't seem to be EV+.

In fact i can't understand what could be the value to sell under 150/160 now, the risk rewards is really bad under these level. Even if the price was at 150 , we could only hope to rebuy to 130 and if 160 break we would have to rebuy around 170.

I keep my target around 250 end of the week/ beginning of next week.

I agree with all of this...

I have found some of the sells hard to understand when we have been rising which has made me think - I know its all conspiracy.. But I would not be surprised if some DRK holders with deep pockets have bought XC just to dump into rises... I really do believe they are scared of this coin and have tried everything they can to kill it... They have failed....This may be totally wrong but I cant help but think it... I get the impression they are running out of ammo and that the next rise / or rises are going to be 100% plus type jobs...

they are desperate.

even some new alt is innovative with coin join.  their fanboys are sparing no time to spam all coins claim to release anonymity based on masternode concepts, especially with some innovation.

they really think there shall be only one coin join anon-featured coin.

they are desperate and pathetic.

sooner or later market will take us who will stand out!

You're right, it is a conspiracy. Drk dev is premining secret blocks with the closed source masternodes for every threatening altcoin and constantly dumping them to keep the prices down.
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:18:44 AM

Last fews days , days traders took profits on XC each time they could to follow the pump on others coin. But now it become too dangerous to get out of XC because it is hard to rebuy cheap  (bid side is really dry and buying wall protection) and next big news are too close.

Now,  day traders can only hope to rebuy 10/15 points lower  but they would risk to panic buy 20/30 point higher pretty often . Doesn't seem to be EV+.

In fact i can't understand what could be the value to sell under 150/160 now, the risk rewards is really bad under these level. Even if the price was at 150 , we could only hope to rebuy to 130 and if 160 break we would have to rebuy around 170.

I have found some of the sells hard to understand when we have been rising which has made me think - I know its all conspiracy.. But I would not be surprised if some DRK holders with deep pockets have bought XC just to dump into rises... I really do believe they are scared of this coin and have tried everything they can to kill it... They have failed....This may be totally wrong but I cant help but think it... I get the impression they are running out of ammo and that the next rise / or rises are going to be 100% plus type jobs...

they are desperate.

even some new alt is innovative with coin join.  their fanboys are sparing no time to spam all coins claim to release anonymity based on masternode concepts, especially with some innovation.

You're right, it is a conspiracy. Drk dev is premining secret blocks with the closed source masternodes for every threatening altcoin and constantly dumping them to keep the prices down.

Is that what they did with the 40%+ DRK instamine?

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 10:21:30 AM

For the list.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=625693.0 Summer coin "NAVAJO ANONYMOUS TECHNOLOGY"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=581894.0 Orange coin "Our process unlike some “Masternodes” intends to be 100% automated, using original ideas from Darkcoin and adding our own."
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=607919.0 Sync has nitesend
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639371 Voot nitesend + market planned

Zerocoin is no longer in developement. The tech for zerocoin is available for people to implement (https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin), but no coin has been able to do so. I believe Anoncoin has been attempting this for a long time. If you see bounties for zerocoin tech or anon for a small amount of btc as hype (Liberty Coin, Boost), tread carefully. Zerocash is expected 3-6 months from now. Follow this guy. https://twitter.com/secparam. I believe the major weakness is that it relies on a trusted party and that if someone were to break the tech, you would have no way of knowing. It is cutting edge tech. http://zerocash-project.org/paper. That is what a paper looks like. Not a pump & dump paper.

I don't fully understand all the advantages and con of every coin because I see what I believe is a lot of misinformation. For example, you have chaeplin and other dark supporters saying XC is broken. They post some unrelated links. I'm like all right, whatever. Are you a developer or a security expert? Oh just an everybody type of person. A lot of people talk, but very few who are qualified. Sigh... I'm still trying to learn, but it's stupid with some of the stick figure whitepapers that people put up.

Feel free to remove this post because this isn't XC related.

Thanks for this. It's an excellent post. By all means continue to contribute this kind of opinion.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
synechist
Legendary

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 10:22:36 AM

if i make a mistake, Please correct it in this thread,i will then correct it ASAP.  nobody know everything.

it's just a quick start for Anon coin. you can add more in this table.

thank you very much.

Very interesting, well worth discussing. Thanks!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
policymaker

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:57:03 AM

Gamerstarter's , Mecc's and provenceday's posts and chart(with a couple of tweaking here and there), were pure gold.

Bitcoin was released in 2009, and first alt when? 2010? 2011? This market is seriously immature. Forget about bitcoin, why does litecoin hold any value at all? Its still mineable and just stable. There is no real reason as to why it should hold any real value. The same cannot be said about bitcoin though, cause bitcoin is THE one, the first. We need something stable, something to put trust in, our own "yardstick", or "dollar" you know, and build the scene around it.

The altcoin world is currently comprised of whales/traders and opportunist devs with pump and dump releases. It is not something viable and longterm, but I believe it is more likely for this "bubble" to burst because of the establishment of a real, healthy market thanx to coins like XC, DRK(etc), rather than just triggering its (inevitable) downfall due to its unstability . All that thanx to real investors, those few people that look forward, more likely people who lost the bitcoin train back in '9 '10, putting their trust to this new experience and thriving along with it. Bitcoin just showed us the way, its our job to pave it!

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:12:37 AM

if i make a mistake, Please correct it in this thread,i will then correct it ASAP.  nobody know everything.

it's just a quick start for Anon coin. you can add more in this table.

thank you very much.

Have to say based on the "advantages" of DRK it does seem to have been written by the DRK fan club (king of the anon community?!) ... Also I would revise the disadvantages of DRK to say masternodes payments did not work and required an emergency hard fork.. This problem is yet to be resolved

Rather than the current description on "masternodes did not work perfectly"

No, that's mean currently dark has the biggest cap on coinmarketcap.
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:23:07 AM

Dev is at a conference this weekend as well in Washington where XC will have a stand, REV 1.5 is currently under bounty for people to try and crack the multipath, so far no one can do it.
The conference looks interesting. Do you know how many stands will be there. This is a good opportunity to put XC in front of some serious crypto heads  Wink
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:44:05 AM

Gamerstarter's , Mecc's and provenceday's posts and chart(with a couple of tweaking here and there), were pure gold.

Bitcoin was released in 2009, and first alt when? 2010? 2011? This market is seriously immature. Forget about bitcoin, why does litecoin hold any value at all? Its still mineable and just stable. There is no real reason as to why it should hold any real value. 
People like having alternatives, not just in crypto coins but in just about anything in life
KimmyF

Activity: 978

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:07:23 PM

Bitcoin was released in 2009, and first alt when? 2010? 2011? This market is seriously immature. Forget about bitcoin, why does litecoin hold any value at all? Its still mineable and just stable. There is no real reason as to why it should hold any real value. 
People like having alternatives, not just in crypto coins but in just about anything in life
so true but to bad my wife thinks different & made some exceptions Cheesy
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:17:38 PM

i don't know if some kind of conspiracy exist but it's true that i have seen a lot of irrational trade last few days  (as the dump of 60k xc at 140 the 17 june followed by a panic sold of 20kxc to 111,5, or 20k xc sold few hours after to 120...). These trade was very weird, can't buy so much volume lower,not a lot of profit, no reasons at all to dump, we had only good news last 2 weeks.
I think altcoin market is very irrational and ridiculous, traders don't care about the fondamental valu, it's all about the pump momentum going on. they don't want to stay invested into something because they don't want to miss the next pump opportunity  and they don't want to take the risk to be stuck into a sinking ship.

Altcoins traders don't trust the coins, they just use it to make quick profit and get out as soon as possible because they fear the dump.
Basically they pump a coin all together (sudden high volume trade) often without real reason (crypt), then everybody want a part of the cake and panic sell their own position with bad trade (as we have seen last days on XC) to come into the next big pump thinking they will win money to come back after. In reality only fews traders win big, others buy just before the dump to pay the profit of first pumpers

XC will create the surprise because it will get pump, but higher and faster than what people could expect, and price will stay quite high and stable after the pump.
i think litecoin is dying slowly now, his marketcap will be redistribute to the best altoin remaining (xc is one of them for sure). Last bitcoin bubble we have seen litecoin pump from 1$ to 45$ in 3 weeks, imagine what could arrive to XC with 5 times less coins produced and better technology.

XC over 50$/coin before the end of 2014 isn't a dream.

For altcoins trader  6month is an eternity, for smart money it's nothing. Actually  we haven't a lot of smart money in altcoin market wich explain the low valu of XC.

Litecoin is not dieing... all it would take is for coinbase to add LTC to see LTC back in the 20-40 dollar range... ASIC just came out for LTC which shows a huge infrastructure being built around litecoin.. trust me LTC is not dead.. its "stable" which some would consider a good thing
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:50:25 PM

they are desperate.

Is that what they did with the 40%+ DRK instamine?

No, they are pumping drk up with the 50% instamine and 50% secret premineblocks. You can usually only pump it up with BTC but masternodes are closed source so they can do anything, even pump it up with just DRK!
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:01:17 PM

I'm still trying to wrap my head around what the purpose of yesterdays trading was.  Got it up to almost .0015 and then just disappear.  Not like there was that heavy volume once it got there either.  Yes I see the 87BTC buy wall is still at .0012 but there is such thin margin and such high risk for that margin that it cant be worth it.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:04:58 PM

I think it was a mini test pump to see how easy it would be to move XC up.. Answer = very easy, there is not much selling now at all, any buying and the price rises....

IMO that will be the conclusion of what I think was a test... Expect to see them back for real next time.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:25:39 PM

I think it was a mini test pump to see how easy it would be to move XC up.. Answer = very easy, there is not much selling now at all, any buying and the price rises....

IMO that will be the conclusion of what I think was a test... Expect to see them back for real next time.

Interesting theory. Yeah it definitely has the potential to swing up very quickly however the problem has been it getting dumped back down every time that happens lately, granted the lows seems to be slowly rising.
milkyway

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:33:23 PM

that 12 btc sell wall shouldn't be there..its so tempting...

>>> multiwallet | POS 5% Annual [Anon NanoWallet™ technology] | encrypted communication | Inwallet trading <<<
btler420

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:34:56 PM

that 12 btc sell wall shouldn't be there..its so tempting...

let ppl sell if they want Wink

y1.
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:35:34 PM

Interesting theory. Yeah it definitely has the potential to swing up very quickly however the problem has been it getting dumped back down every time that happens lately, granted the lows seems to be slowly rising.

Chart looks like its about to go up again

ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:48:00 PM

XC fans are so anxious to see the price rise. This test as you call it demonstrated how easy it is to pump this coin and get people's money! I lost some money yesterday, but learned a lesson...

The lesson should be buy and hold  Wink
Artoodeetoo

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:50:42 PM

XC fans are so anxious to see the price rise. This test as you call it demonstrated how easy it is to pump this coin and get people's money! I lost some money yesterday, but learned a lesson...

If you have already bought and sold you hardly seem like you were in for any sort of commitment.. I tend to sip coins gradually lots of small buys and only make large trades (in my terms) once or twice a month.... I don't think any of us are discussing XC in the sense of day trading it...

Pages: « 1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: