Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:49:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483646 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:15:45 PM

I agree code should stay closed
screw the DRK fud as they desperated tried to do everything to damage XC as their scam coin was drop to the ground. it's good for them now seen their coin is being pump a little bit.

When does dev come to here to open some review?~

Today, We don't want to announce a specific time so people don't start yelling. It will be a partial review since we don't want people to copy our code. The dev has always said that it will be a portion of the code.

I'm not programmer
So I didn't know one thing
The code will be opned (Dev said)
So the copy and clones of XC is not considerable things isn't it? (will be made after opening)
Then why dev show us a portion?
I don't know why
Could you tell me the reason? Smiley

Code will be closed source for a while.

It should stay closed.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
greyskies

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:16:04 PM

Hegelian dialect.

Problem, reaction, solution.

Problem... no open source?

Reaction... scamcoin!

Solution... reveal code.

End result... trolls who are too lazy to do their homework will jump on the clones so they can get what mommy and daddy promised them.

Please don't reveal any more than you have to. just my 2 bits.

Also, DarkSend is closed source!
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:16:53 PM

I don't think the code should be revealed until XC reaches critical mass.
Rraider

Activity: 180

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:17:49 PM

Today, We don't want to announce a specific time so people don't start yelling. It will be a partial review since we don't want people to copy our code. The dev has always said that it will be a portion of the code.

I'm not programmer
So the copy and clones of XC is not considerable things isn't it? (will be made after opening)
I don't know why

It should stay closed.  Cloning of code to make new shitcoins is out of control.  You will be doing the community justice by keeping it closed

just my .02

Agreed. You don't see many companies saying "here is our code so you guys can check it out?" If you DON"T LIKE IT then DON"T MINE, BUY OR TRADE IT. Just go away and do your thing elsewhere we could care less.

I totally disagree

If I invested time, money and braincells into a project that could be a game changer then by golly, I will reveal my secrets at the drop of a hat because some random trolls are yelling "scam!!!"

Right ? ? ?

Grin Grin Grin

We also want Coke  & KY Fried Chicken original recipes  Roll Eyes
insanedumps

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:17:59 PM

+1
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:18:41 PM

+1

Feedback noted and passed on but yeah I totally agree.
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:23:15 PM

Actually most people are wanting to look at the source to evaluate whether or not this is worth investing in.

There have been many scams in altcoins.  So auditing code, is pretty essential, imo. 

The fundamentals of distributed cryptocurrency, and trustless actors (including the original devs), is dependent on open source.  Otherwise you are basically left with a centralized coin, where you need to trust the dev.

Ultimately, nothing wrong with that.. but it is what it is.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:25:01 PM

Why is the code being revealed at all? It will only generate more trolling.. I don't see other coins being asked to "reveal the code"

As has been suggested earlier, if you dont want to invest in a coin where you cannot see the code, easy answer - go somewhere you can....

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
tat123

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:27:07 PM

Why is the code being revealed at all? It will only generate more trolling.. I don't see other coins being asked to "reveal the code"

As has been suggested earlier, if you dont want to invest in a coin where you cannot see the code, easy answer - go somewhere you can....

XC is making waves... other coins make ripples.
Grifftech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:30:52 PM

I'm not programmer
I don't know why

It should stay closed.  Cloning of code to make new shitcoins is out of control.  You will be doing the community justice by keeping it closed

just my .02

Agreed. You don't see many companies saying "here is our code so you guys can check it out?" If you DON"T LIKE IT then DON"T MINE, BUY OR TRADE IT. Just go away and do your thing elsewhere we could care less.

I totally disagree

If I invested time, money and braincells into a project that could be a game changer then by golly, I will reveal my secrets at the drop of a hat because some random trolls are yelling "scam!!!"

Right ? ? ?

Grin Grin Grin

We also want Coke  & KY Fried Chicken original recipes  Roll Eyes
LOL well said Smiley
fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:32:34 PM

This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.

Anyone creating a non moderated version of this topic?

Its only moderated to keep out fud spam, but any real question or concern is not deleted,  you can check to original thread, however if you feel its necessary to start a new thread, feel free to.

I think a "a self-moderated topic" is more detrimental to the coins image than whatever this FUD thing is that people keep saying. All I hear lately is shut your FUD and have no idea what they are talking about.

Moderated topics make you look like a scammer. They make you look like you have something to hide. They make you look like you are just in this for the money.

Grifftech

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:33:03 PM

Actually most people are wanting to look at the source to evaluate whether or not this is worth investing in.

There have been many scams in altcoins.  So auditing code, is pretty essential, imo. 

The fundamentals of distributed cryptocurrency, and trustless actors (including the original devs), is dependent on open source.  Otherwise you are basically left with a centralized coin, where you need to trust the dev.

Do you ask Microsoft to look at their code for a new OS before you buy their stock? Did Facebook or Google release their code before they had their IPOs?? NO!!! The Dev owes no one ANYTHING!! invest at your own risk, if you can't deal with that, invest elsewhere. No one is forcing you to invest here. Crying out loud what a bunch of whining babies who feel they are entitled to something.
Grifftech

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

Its only moderated to keep out fud spam, but any real question or concern is not deleted,  you can check to original thread, however if you feel its necessary to start a new thread, feel free to.

I think a "a self-moderated topic" is more detrimental to the coins image than whatever this FUD thing is that people keep saying. All I hear lately is shut your FUD and have no idea what they are talking about.

Moderated topics make you look like a scammer. They make you look like you have something to hide. They make you look like you are just in this for the money.

That is your perception, I don't think it does that in any way.
dragnar

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:34:05 PM

yea and non moderated forums are filled whit fud teams screaming murder 24/7 witch is also bad

lol no ty
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:34:31 PM

I see no problem with it being centralized while it's in development and gaining popularity. I'm sure the developer is fully aware that it won't be fully adopted by the crypto community until the code is revealed.  But, we are a long way from that.  Until then, I say keep it closed.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:34:33 PM

There have been many scams in altcoins.  So auditing code, is pretty essential, imo.  

The fundamentals of distributed cryptocurrency, and trustless actors (including the original devs), is dependent on open source.  Otherwise you are basically left with a centralized coin, where you need to trust the dev.

Do you ask Microsoft to look at their code for a new OS before you buy their stock? Did Facebook or Google release their code before they had their IPOs?? NO!!! The Dev owes no one ANYTHING!! invest at your own risk, if you can't deal with that, invest elsewhere. No one is forcing you to invest here. Crying out loud what a bunch of whining babies who feel they are entitled to something.

Except this is an open source community, while everything you just cited isn't.

Calling people childish with those examples, you clearly are in your teens.

micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 07:34:46 PM

Microsoft and facebook are not distributed cryptocurrencies...

Like i said, there's nothing wrong with NOT being a cryptocurrency... as you say Facebook has facebook credits, which is a great billion dollar business..

But one of the major tenets of cryptos is open source.  That's just a fact, not an opinion.

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
Grifftech

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:35:48 PM

Except this is an open source community, while everything you just cited isn't.

Open source in terms of usage of Bitcoins original block chain. Who says if you develop some new kick ass technology that you have to give it away. that is asinine
Grifftech

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:36:30 PM

Has Darksend code been released???
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:37:19 PM

Has Darksend code been released???

lol

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: