Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:30:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:54:27 PM

Honest question, just trying to educate myself at the moment.
Does xc have a proof of concept for anonymity?
Can you actually send coins right now anonymously?

yes there is a proof of concept u should start reading this :
http://www.reddit.com/r/XCofficialreddit/comments/26p1z1/some_of_the_tech_going_into_xc_for_the_techsavvy/

So at the moment I can send  coins anonymously with XC?

No you cannot send coins anonymously. This functionality was completely removed from the current release.
The mixer was not working properly and apparently the dev was not able to fix it till now.

Are you saying it's now fixed and we are awaiting a new release?
Grifftech

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:55:31 PM

I am just going to make a clone coin and name it FUDcoin, maybe that way it will attract all the FUD from other coins like flies to crap Smiley
Abinito

Activity: 196
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 07:57:33 PM

Actually most people are wanting to look at the source to evaluate whether or not this is worth investing in.

There have been many scams in altcoins.  So auditing code, is pretty essential, imo.  

The fundamentals of distributed cryptocurrency, and trustless actors (including the original devs), is dependent on open source.  Otherwise you are basically left with a centralized coin, where you need to trust the dev.

Ultimately, nothing wrong with that.. but it is what it is.

Do you ask Microsoft to look at their code for a new OS before you buy their stock? Did Facebook or Google release their code before they had their IPOs?? NO!!! The Dev owes no one ANYTHING!! invest at your own risk, if you can't deal with that, invest elsewhere. No one is forcing you to invest here. Crying out loud what a bunch of whining babies who feel they are entitled to something.

Except this is an open source community, while everything you just cited isn't.

Open source in terms of usage of Bitcoins original block chain. Who says if you develop some new kick ass technology that you have to give it away. that is asinine

You are right! So why would this dev share his code with cinni? Thats insane. There is more going on than most of you can imagine. You will all get the truth soon:)

Conscia mens recti, famae mendacia ridet.
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:00:19 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/XCofficialreddit/comments/26p1z1/some_of_the_tech_going_into_xc_for_the_techsavvy/

No you cannot send coins anonymously. This functionality was completely removed from the current release.
The mixer was not working properly and apparently the dev was not able to fix it till now.

Is there a timeline for anonymity to be added to XC?
tat123

Activity: 261

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:01:19 PM

Actually most people are wanting to look at the source to evaluate whether or not this is worth investing in.

There have been many scams in altcoins.  So auditing code, is pretty essential, imo.  

The fundamentals of distributed cryptocurrency, and trustless actors (including the original devs), is dependent on open source.  Otherwise you are basically left with a centralized coin, where you need to trust the dev.

Ultimately, nothing wrong with that.. but it is what it is.

Do you ask Microsoft to look at their code for a new OS before you buy their stock? Did Facebook or Google release their code before they had their IPOs?? NO!!! The Dev owes no one ANYTHING!! invest at your own risk, if you can't deal with that, invest elsewhere. No one is forcing you to invest here. Crying out loud what a bunch of whining babies who feel they are entitled to something.

Except this is an open source community, while everything you just cited isn't.

Calling people childish with those examples, you clearly are in your teens.

Open Source community + Source Opens more communities = CLONES

Net result... XC loses market share and goes into zombie mode, because of dilution.

Because some idiot on social media was yelling scam?

Classic.

Reveal what you have to, but the sauce is for the investors. We paid for it... they didnt!

battbot

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:01:24 PM

So at the moment I can send  coins anonymously with XC?

Dude, this is FUD.  Anonymous transfers work NOW in the wallet.  I am so sick of these trolls.
Abinito

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:02:27 PM

No, its all in progress. See it as a big ipo, without ironic dev (simcoin)

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:02:52 PM

Oh I don't envy you right now Teka, your job of moderating this thread is a tough one indeed and you should be commended for your efforts!!  I wish I could have just .1 XC for every time you have/will repeat "please post the image URL instead of the entire image again", or "stop bashing other coins"........almost seemed there for a minute the more you said stop doing something, the more people did it!  It has been utterly annoying as hell watching SOOOO many grown ass adults acting like fricken children!!

I was a bit surprised after all the crap yesterday and Dan steering clear of the barrage of insults and false accusations, that he slipped today with a stab at DRK.  Please Dev Dan.....don't take part in this crap, it won't help us in anyway.......although I know it must feel somewhat good with all that has been thrown at you!
Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:04:51 PM

Oh I don't envy you right now Teka, your job of moderating this thread is a tough one indeed and you should be commended for your efforts!!  I wish I could have just .1 XC for every time you have/will repeat "please post the image URL instead of the entire image again", or "stop bashing other coins"........almost seemed there for a minute the more you said stop doing something, the more people did it!  It has been utterly annoying as hell watching SOOOO many grown ass adults acting like fricken children!!

I was a bit surprised after all the crap yesterday and Dan steering clear of the barrage of insults and false accusations, that he slipped today with a stab at DRK.  Please Dev Dan.....don't take part in this crap, it won't help us in anyway.......although I know it must feel somewhat good with all that has been thrown at you!

If I had a dollar phrase will soon be known as if I had a XC for every time...

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:06:34 PM

Lol wth which is it? The poster above says it works you say it doesn't.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:06:57 PM

Has Darksend code been released???

lol

I heard darksend uses the closed source code from the fedoracoin mixer , is this true?  

I heard that the DRKsend secretly mine other coins in the background!

Trolling FUD posts not being deleted? I thought it was the idea of a moderated thread.

And the last post was even posted after the moderator had specifically asked you to stop.
Abinito

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:07:03 PM

Can anyone answer this question;

Why would a programmer share his "cutting edge" work with his "competitor" before its even released?

JesstersDead

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

I forgot where I put my wallet.dat

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2014, 08:07:26 PM

Works fine via the console. GUI functionaltiy has not been added yet though.

Cryptsy.com - USD markets coming soon. Go validate your account now!
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:07:42 PM

If I had a dollar phrase will soon be known as if I had a XC for every time...

Thanks, I also have to be as fair as possible, don't want to be a dictator.  That's quite funny Pizipie
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:07:53 PM

Why would a programmer share his "cutting edge" work with his "competitor" before its even released?

They wouldn't.  Next question.
Abinito

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:09:23 PM

Ask teka, only his words count.

Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:10:24 PM

Works fine via the console. GUI functionaltiy has not been added yet though.

Thank you. Can you provide me a TX id to analyze an anonymous transaction made through XC please?
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:11:45 PM

Im still taking all the fud and trolling as a compliment, they are scared of this coin, that's why they come...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
Abinito

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:12:40 PM

They wouldn't.  Next question.

Ok. So than battbot (cinni) didnt saw the code?

Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 08:15:28 PM

So at the moment I can send  coins anonymously with XC?

Dude, this is FUD.  Anonymous transfers work NOW in the wallet.  I am so sick of these trolls.

Then please tell me how can i send coins anonomysly with the current release? The sendfrommixer command was removed, and there is no button to send coins through the mixer.
If you tell me how to do it and it works i will apologize and edit my post.

He said it works through the console.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: