Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:07:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483644 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:40:26 PM

You guys announced this announcement with the release of the wallet that would be ,....HYPING it...  Well over promise under delivered.... look at the price negatively effected...... told u this was simple to see the price drop coming with a PDF announcement.. was just pointing it out earlier and the numbers solidify my argument

Have to say that I agree with pookielax31 to some extent (except his comments on price, because yes, the minor downtrend started 40 minutes before the ann released).  

That being said, this type of announcement should not have been hyped in the way it was (in this thread and on twitter).  Almost no new information was revealed.  Anyone following XC already has a good sense of the team members involved.  Likewise we already knew that EM was being developed alongside REV2.  So really, what information was new?  

In addition to this, the opening paragraph was mediocre at best... and released with typos (REV3)?

I'm all for having an official statement on the team involved with XC, don't get me wrong.  But this type of announcement did not deserve ANY trumpet blasts in advance (or if it did, they needed to be much more specific, because an updated team roster is hardly news).

And before anyone starts calling me a FUDDER / Cinni dev (w/ comprised intentions) -- I own more XC than you, times 10.  

I disagree. I follow XC daily and I learnt stuff from that announcement. And having it all in a professionally presented PDF is nice to point the FUDsters too.

It gave me confidence to see such a large and skilled team has been attracted by Dan's credentials and XC tech.

Maybe I missed something but I wasn't expecting a mindblowing announcement. Maybe you was expecting amazon to announce they are accepting XC or something.
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:40:53 PM

You guys announced this announcement with the release of the wallet that would be ,....HYPING it...  Well over promise under delivered.... look at the price negatively effected...... told u this was simple to see the price drop coming with a PDF announcement.. was just pointing it out earlier and the numbers solidify my argument

Have to say that I agree with pookielax31 to some extent (except his comments on price, because yes, the minor downtrend started 40 minutes before the ann released).  

That being said, this type of announcement should not have been hyped in the way it was (in this thread and on twitter).  Almost no new information was revealed.  Anyone following XC already has a good sense of the team members involved.  Likewise we already knew that EM was being developed alongside REV2.  So really, what information was new?  

In addition to this, the opening paragraph was mediocre at best... and released with typos (REV3)?

I'm all for having an official statement on the team involved with XC, don't get me wrong.  But this type of announcement did not deserve ANY trumpet blasts in advance (or if it did, they needed to be much more specific, because an updated team roster is hardly news).

And before anyone starts calling me a FUDDER / Cinni dev (w/ comprised intentions) -- I own more XC than you, times 10.  

The ann. was not hyped a single tweet and a single post was made about it. Later a follow up stating that it's not a technical ann. was made. I seriously don't think that's hyping but I could be wrong.

Hyping was done in trollboxes.. mostly by " the group " Wink
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:41:48 PM

wait... im confused... did the announcement already come out ?

someone answer me...
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:44:10 PM

someone answer me...
http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/14-06-16%20Team%20Announcement%20D.pdf
weedsmoke420

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:49:47 PM

Yes! It showcases the transparency of members involved, as well as their feats accomplished. Their mission statement at the end signifies their commitment to a decentralized mesh network with blockchain 2.0 application support.

http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/14-06-16%20Team%20Announcement%20D.pdf

Listen to flume and xxyyxx4agUdtime
bitcad4u

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:49:55 PM

I agree this was not over hyped... this adds transparency..and the fact we have real names on this shows this is something the devs are PASSIONATE about.  This coin will be top 5 within 2 months. Mark this post and come back to thank me.

KimmyF

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:54:03 PM

I work for/with retailers all day, this people are just starting to learn & see what crypto can do for there own businesses. I can tell you that a statement like this team made today means a lot to them, they want to know who is behind the tech that they (might) ask there customers to use.
Privacy is also a big deal for them but only if the reputation & name is clean. Last thing they want is being associated with names that make them think about SR & "the underground of the internet"
They also have a lot of other demands (like distributed payment verification) Have good hopes stuff like that will be in the framework around XC

Personally think that getting XC out to the 'first time' crypto users opens the door to a great future
july77

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:55:50 PM

Hi,

What do i earn, if i set-up and XNode ?

Thanks
weedsmoke420

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:57:51 PM

Hi,

Thanks

You'll receive payments based on the amount you allocate to your Xnode. I believe for one with 550, payments occur almost daily and are about .02-.08 each, and they come in as spastic bursts of two or three at a time. The payments that is.

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 06:58:19 PM

well said.

no need trumpet blasts.

to be honest, a little bit disappointed compared to excitement from all the updates from ATC.

weedsmoke420

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:00:03 PM

well said.

no need trumpet blasts.

to be honest, a little bit disappointed compared to excitement from all the updates from ATC.

The community at large was taking a significant hit as people were falsely accusing the team of housing members that had nothing to do with the coin. This eliminates all of that entirely, the 'trumpet blasts' you mentioned were one twitter post and a forum ANN, and they served as publicity for this resolution of a known issue.

I couldn't be more content with this fix.

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:02:55 PM

ok guys.

anther soccer game begun.

move on with further plans and time line.

we need a new website update with all these information.

KimmyF

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:03:23 PM

Hi,

Thanks
Interesting question, we can talk about the fees you will collect but how many transfers will you be processing?
Is it possible to show on a blockexplorer or offical websites some stats about how many Xnodes there actually are compaired to the number of online wallets.
Sensitive info, probably to soon to show the world just now but maybe a nice addition after the framework starts taking form

Maybe a 'break-even' calculation would be nice, compairing 1K coins minting vs 1K in a Xnode: How many transactions are needed to increase your profit
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 07:18:43 PM

Hello all

Thank you for the feedback on the announcement. We value it and we would like to apologize for how it was delivered‏.

The intent was not to create hype, but rather to simply bring the announcement to your attention.

In future all future ANN's will follow a strict process to avoid repeating this same mistake‏. I think I underestimated how excited people are about XC.

That said, I'm incredibly excited to be part of this team.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:27:11 PM

Hello all

Thank you for the feedback on the announcement. We value it and we would like to apologize for how it was delivered‏.

The intent was not to create hype, but rather to simply bring the announcement to your attention.

In future all future ANN's will follow a strict process to avoid repeating this same mistake‏. I think I underestimated how excited people are about XC.

Truthfully, all the criticisms I had were minor.  And they were meant to be constructive (regardless of whether or not they were valid -- that is for you to decide).  There are some announcements that deserve to be hyped, and some that do not, IMO (it really depends on what type of information is being disclosed).  So, it may not be the best to follow a strict process for every announcement -- for example, if you are releasing special info (like REV2 specific details) -- this deserves to be hyped ahead of time (to maximize buyer confidence leading up to a release).  

Anyways, overall the announcement was good!  And I am incredibly excited to be a supporter of this coin.  
mikesrevenge

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:31:09 PM

If you call yourself an investor of XC and was upset by this announcement DUMP now and move on.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:31:16 PM

Hello all

Honestly, something as simple as posting about the team does not needed to be announced before posting it, because essential by saying your making an announcement soon, it will be considered as something big is going to be announced, and it will be hyped only for people to be disappointed, I hope next time only big news should have per-anouncements. - Long term supporter of XC

I guess we can disagree about this.  I think announcing the full team is kind of a big deal. I'm floored that other people don't see it that way.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:41:32 PM

Hello all

Honestly, something as simple as posting about the team does not needed to be announced before posting it, because essential by saying your making an announcement soon, it will be considered as something big is going to be announced, and it will be hyped only for people to be disappointed, I hope next time only big news should have per-anouncements. - Long term supporter of XC

I guess we can disagree about this.  I think announcing the full team is kind of a big deal. I'm floored that other people don't see it that way.

+1.

As far as I can see it wasn't an announcement that was pumped for days in advance. I saw a couple of forum posts a few hours before hand.

Please still keep with the announcements. It's worked because now everyone who has read this topic can't miss the information Wink

My only feedback is, give a hint on what the announcement is going to be eg the team, the technology, marketing initiative.

Anyone who tries to improve XC gets my support, whether they do well or not.
bitcad4u

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 07:43:13 PM

Announcing the full team with some REAL names is pretty big deal imo
mecc

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:15:11 PM

The team introduction is a very important piece of information for new investors/speculators. Anyone who did their homework early on would have found ATC's linkedin. You would have 10-50X your principle from that point. A very small amount of people did this. I had an eye on the view counts of ATC's old threads. Though if I recall correctly, I believe ATC mentioned he had a small team working with him. Three or four guys, one with a PhD. This was in the old thread when people were calling him out.

So with this information up front, more people should feel comfortable with XC. This is especially important after all the FUD. A lot of it was on ATC's background, his code, his ability, even his interest in mining (I know, wtf?). We have another coin developer on the team who speaks highly of XC. I didn't even know we had another coin developer. That means a lot to me. It's also good to have new members joining. I've done my part by telling people I know about XC. People don't seem to understand that XC doesn't stop at anon. Anon is just the beginning. The future plan was laid out on day one. You think anon coins are the competition. Think bigger.

Look at all these other coins trying to capitalize on anon or simply use it as a buzz word. How long have they been trying? Zerocoin implementation for example. How many have made it? What are their goals after? Look at XC. Now look at your coin. I'm not going to fud on other coins. Do your research. Someone is going to say I'm brainwashed by ATC. We're all brainwashed. I've seriously looked at just about every coin. Hidden premines, instamines, etc. I'm tired of mining stuff that turns to poop or a pump and dump. Voot a while back, Flash yesterday. Burner attempting to be pumped today. Just had to vent. I love all these alt coins, but it should be easy to see. XC has the most potential right now. Other devs are looking at it, trying to copy it, attack it. We even got devs who hold XC. What does that tell you? I hope it's a smooth ride to the top for everyone but we all know there's going to be turmoil. XC is a roller coaster.

Don't want to start trouble, but I've seen pookie on the polo troll box. Not someone you want on the team IMO. Do you know what pookie is slang for?
Pages: « 1 ... 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 [416] 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: