Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:42:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 [717] 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483641 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:47:32 AM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 12:05:18 PM by SpringfieldM1A

XC website is a hack job - with cities around the world as a background..Venice = WTFBBQ and a shitty menu on the left that jumps around all over the place.

This was rushed and done by an amateur. The future list looks like a pump and dump hype list. Be realistic.

Agree with you. I hope, XC source code does not resemble it.

Teka, when do you open the XC sources? Just for us to be calm.

I'm not the dev, I'm the community manager. The xc source code is not being open sourced for a long time as in years, we don't want clones of xc and people have asked for it not to be open sourced.

Keep it closed as looooong as you possibly can!

If the source code is going to be kept closed for years then i'm afraid we might loose community support. After all crypto is supposed to be open source.

On the contrary. A large part of the community are investors. What enticed them to invest in the first place is the market leading capabilities / fundamentals of the XC platform, handing this over to the competition in these early stages is a sure way to lose investor trust. I agree to your notion of crypto being open source to some extent, but it is a very idealistic view that the majority of people involved in crypto does so out of sheer idealist motives as apposed to the prospect of monetary gains. However the fact that XC does not reveal an essential part of their technical infrastructure does not oppose the general idea of crypto; being free from banks or other middlemen that capitalize on our need to engage in (international) financial transactions. The decentralized aspect of XC resonates with the idealism of crypto being open source, for it is open to everyone to use, without the need to compromise it's technical advantage over the competition, either being other cryptocurrencies or more established methods of payment such as Paypal.

Although after the XC platform's fundamentals have come into full fruition and when we have reached first mover advantage and have consolidated this position, we could consider helping other currencies with implementing parts of our industry leading infrastructure.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:49:16 AM

XC website is a hack job - with cities around the world as a background..Venice = WTFBBQ and a shitty menu on the left that jumps around all over the place.

This was rushed and done by an amateur. The future list looks like a pump and dump hype list. Be realistic.

I'm not the dev, I'm the community manager. The xc source code is not being open sourced for a long time as in years, we don't want clones of xc and people have asked for it not to be open sourced.

If the source code is going to be kept closed for years then i'm afraid we might loose community support. After all crypto is supposed to be open source.

you moron is talking nonsense. i bet if XC is releasing their code today there will be 100 XC alike tomorrow, yes, tomorrow and all will claimed it's their own code. at this stage is best to have closed source code, for now. it's seem decentralized anon cryptos is very very hot right now and none have it, other then XC. open source is good and recommended but not at this early stage.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:50:02 AM

Dan didn't make the website. Also, sorry decision has been made and it's not changing.

Thank you to be honest person here. Respect you.

One last question to all:

Assume I look at this site:

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich

and found 10 most rich people.

After Rev.2 or Rev.3 have been released at mainnet, I look at that (or similar) site again.

Can I still track top 10 rich people or not?

off course not you will just need to send your coins to another wallet trough the anonimazing feature. I think this can be done right now with REV 1.5 as well noone could crack that REV yet. You will see still the address with the coins on it but there will be no link between the address and the Holder.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:51:30 AM

Dan didn't make the website. Also, sorry decision has been made and it's not changing.

Thank you to be honest person here. Respect you.

One last question to all:

Assume I look at this site:

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich

and found 10 most rich people.

After Rev.2 or Rev.3 have been released at mainnet, I look at that (or similar) site again.

Can I still track top 10 rich people or not?

Yes, you can still track the top 10 addresses (not people) in that list.
Normal transactions from those addresses can still be followed in the blockchain (like a exchange withdraw) but you can't follow the anon transactions comming in or out.
But you will always be able to see there balance. But it is still al to easy for them to split that balance over several addresses.
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:51:59 AM

florida.haunted, your brain has been crashed by your ass?
You could say backdoor could be embedded into every computer. So what should you do? fuck your computer? Just remind you, turn off your computer before fucking it and add some lubricating oil at CPU socket. Have your good time.

There is open hardware example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIA_OpenBook

There is secure open software example:

http://www.openbsd.org/

I've contacted OpenBSD author personally few months ago, he is an amicable person, not afraid about OpenBSD will be cloned.

P.S. I think, Linux, compiled from sources, on any hardware, is sufficient for our purposes.

synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:52:39 AM

Some stats on the first paid press release, before the next one goes out:

Number of headline impressions: 308k

Total deliveries to media entities: 3548

The press release will remain online and will continue to rack up impressions. Since it contains a synopsis of XC's tech, all likelihood it'll continue to be quoted for some time.

On to the next!

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
ruleland

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:54:20 AM

All cryptocurrencies have a broadcasting system that allows nodes to communicate transactions to each other. These transactions hang around until a miner solves a block, and then the transactions get written to the blockchain.

For XC's messaging, we use the broadcasting system (a secure encrypted one), but there's no need to also write messages to the blockchain. That'll just make them public and bloat the blockchain.

Wait, so every chat message will be broadcast to every node?

Two things - 1) Is that at all scalable?  2) It might as well be in the blockchain since someone somewhere will just save them all off (encrypted or not).

not 100% sure, and someone correct me if I'm wrong. But the message will be broadcast using multipath, probably encrypted and split up, so no node will be privy to any of the message
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:55:21 AM

you moron is talking nonsense. i bet if XC is releasing their code today there will be 100 XC alike tomorrow, yes, tomorrow and all will claimed it's their own code. at this stage is best to have closed source code, for now. it's seem decentralized anon cryptos is very very hot right now and none have it, other then XC.

Moron? that's a bit harsh, I thought I made a valid point, oh well I guess everyone is entitled to express their own opinion, here's mine: GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 11:57:18 AM

you moron is talking nonsense. i bet if XC is releasing their code today there will be 100 XC alike tomorrow, yes, tomorrow and all will claimed it's their own code. at this stage is best to have closed source code, for now. it's seem decentralized anon cryptos is very very hot right now and none have it, other then XC.

Moron? that's a bit harsh, I thought I made a valid point, oh well I guess everyone is entitled to express their own opinion, here's mine: GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

open source is good and recommended but not at this early stage. when you're asked for open source at this stage, yes, you can be classified as a dumb moron. but chance is you're not dumb, you're asking for a reason.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:58:20 AM

After years of being active on the internet I am still amazed at how the absence of face to face contact seems to mitigate the need for civil discussion.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:58:46 AM

open source is good and recommended but not at this early stage. when you ask at this stage, yes, you can be classified as a dumb moron

Read my post bitch! I said it should be released in a few months and a piece at a time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

rockstahh

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 11:59:15 AM

Your website is a fail...please replace it with something pro...you manage a 6M$ coin and make this noobish website? please...

A lot of people disagree

The web site is fine. The puke green color theme, not so much.

1MKvsb5ULZrJqX9UjBpgESvfn5ftSg85qH
florida.haunted

Activity: 241
Merit: 125

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:01:53 PM

Normal transactions from those addresses can still be followed in the blockchain (like a exchange withdraw) but you can't follow the anon transactions comming in or out.
But you will always be able to see there balance. But it is still al to easy for them to split that balance over several addresses.

Perfect answer! Respect you too. Also honest person.

Now you can see, even after closed source's Rev.2 or Rev.3 will be released, balances are still being world-wide accessible. Of course, you may split them amoung addresses, but BTC is very sufficient for that too.

Why closed source XC for years instead of open source BTC for past 5 years hard tested worldwide at main net?

May be I mistake, and decentralized mixer is not MAIN feature of XC today?

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:02:22 PM

Your website is a fail...please replace it with something pro...you manage a 6M$ coin and make this noobish website? please...

A lot of people disagree

The web site is fine. The puke green color theme, not so much.

can we stop calling each others moron and bitch?

of course feel free to call fudster  so.

but some issue still open to discuss.

for me keeping it closed source is top choice. maybe in the future XC holders can have a voting system for that.
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:04:57 PM

Now you can see, even after closed source's Rev.2 or Rev.3 will be released, balances are still being world-wide accessible. Of course, you may split them amoung addresses, but BTC is very sufficient for that too.

Why closed source XC for years instead of open source BTC for past 5 years hard tested worldwide at main net?

what a beautiful innuendo tactic here.

but we are not so naive to fall for your trick. 
SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:06:00 PM

At least probs for trying hihi
cyberhacker
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:07:33 PM

At least probs for trying hihi

this man is professional for sure.

but i feel more comfortable if he use his real account here.

but good question to all cryptos.

SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:08:14 PM

You should consider a career in politics or marginal journalism, because you keep repeating yourself while giving the impression that you actually listen to the answers to questions you pose.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:08:39 PM

I wonder why everyone missing a crucial point from yesterday's test.

<cryptico>    19:29:17  distmix 3e57f85d993f561811416b7ff9c37705c16bf4cbc422c010b72f225185e27c1a 1 10.00000000 XE4xFKV9e7cMSukTqaxHk19XKp4P6b7UWv 1

<cryptico>   not really nice..
<atcsecure>   I did 2 tests
<atcsecure>   looks like 1 failed
<cryptico>   lol
<XCtestermang>   lol

Cryptico sent 10 coins to address XE4xFKV9e7cMSukTqaxHk19XKp4P6b7UWv which have never arrived http://cryptexplorer.com/address/XE4xFKV9e7cMSukTqaxHk19XKp4P6b7UWv they got lost in limbo

And before you accuse me of FUD or other things, go and check the irc logs for yourselves...

You, sir, would need to earn some respect back before there's warrant to trust your intentions.

It's well known already that tests are in order to get things working. The testers tried some things, changed parameters, and then got it working. End.

This is COMPLETE FUD - the LOLs between cryptico and myself XC tester were from a joke I posted just the line prior - go read the irc logs for yourself if u dont believe... and cryptico never lost 10 coins as far as i know.. so i dont know who wrote that bullshit.

SushiChef

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 12:10:38 PM

Thanks for you're apologies to the team and community! Respect  
Pages: « 1 ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 [717] 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: