Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:19:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Litecoin Development Club  (Read 24451 times)
StewartJ (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 21, 2012, 01:53:52 AM

Maybe there should be a website, where new apps could be proposed and potential users could vote on the best idea, so coder could decide what to work on first...?

Or just create another thread and use the polling feature.

I think there is lots of ideas floating around now for coders/developers to create great games and apps for LTC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinsarefun

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 09:38:02 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2012, 10:27:34 PM by bitcoinsarefun

check out my litecoin faucet @ http://freelitecoins.appspot.com

I will be making some improvements over the next day or so but it's pretty functional right now

[ANNOUNCE] Litecoin faucet - http://freelitecoins.appspot.com
StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:41:47 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2012, 03:22:04 AM by StewartJ

I will be making some improvements over the next day or so but it's pretty functional right now

Yes!  A Litecoin Faucet at last!  

This is great, it will help build up the Litecoin client base.

If you need any assistance for design, need a faucet graphic, do some beta testing, please let me know. Also, I will PM you some details on funding the faucet, will be happy to contribute on a regular basis for that

I would ask anyone who has a vested interest in LTC, to either donate funds to the Faucet, or add the faucet link to your Forum signature, or add a link to your web site/blog.

Many Thanks for doing this.
bitcoinsarefun

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:07:54 PM

Yes!  A Litecoin Faucet at last!  

This is great, it will help build up the Litecoin client base.

If you need any assistance for design, need a faucet graphic, do some beta testing, please let me know. Also, I will PM you some details on funding the faucet, will be happy to contribute on a regular basis for that

I would ask anyone who has a vested interest in LTC, to either donate funds to the Faucet, or add the faucet link to your Forum signature, or add a link to your web site/blog.

Many Thanks for doing this.

Thanks for the kind words, I have a "prettier" version I'm working on right now but I've got a few other projects I'm trying to wrap up.

As my time frees up, I should be able to work on some other litecoin related projects as well, so if anyone has any suggestions on where to focus, hit me up Smiley

StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 06:13:25 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2012, 08:27:03 PM by StewartJ

The Litecoin Faucet text has been cleaned up a bit, a new graphic added, and the LTC pool for it has grown to almost 50 LTC make that 170 LTC.

Check it out here: http://freelitecoins.appspot.com/

Thank you Bitcoinsarefun for taking the time to get this up and running.

I will be recommending your IT services.

StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 11:02:37 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2012, 03:34:01 AM by StewartJ

I could contribute some Java, PHP or MySQL code for a game, but I can't do graphics. If anyone is interested in a collab to create a game, or so, drop me a note.

I think I have a concept for an LTC based game that might be more be practical and doable than the ones previously discussed.
I can help with graphics too.

- Online based game (flash, java, php, ?)
- Single player (not complicated multi-player)
- LTC "treasure" based

Let me know if you're interested Daybyter, or anyone else for that matter.

S.

1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 11:31:14 PM

I could contribute some Java, PHP or MySQL code for a game, but I can't do graphics. If anyone is interested in a collab to create a game, or so, drop me a note.

I think I have a concept for an LTC based game that might be more be practical to get up an running, than the ones that have been discussed. I can help with graphics.

- Online based game (flash or Java)
- LTC "treasure" based

Let me know if you're interested.

S.

This is a great idea. The current problem with all altcoins is too much supply and nothing to spend it on. If players could buy online widgets, then a demand for litecoins may be leveraged from demand for digital goods.
StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 11:48:55 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2012, 12:06:15 AM by StewartJ

I think I have a concept for an LTC based game that might be more be practical to get up and running, than the ones that have been discussed. I can help with graphics.

- Online based game (flash, Java, ?)
- LTC "treasure" based

S.

This is a great idea. The current problem with all altcoins is too much supply and nothing to spend it on. If players could buy online widgets, then a demand for litecoins may be leveraged from demand for digital goods.

My thoughts exactly, we need to build demand.  

The ease of movement of crypto-currency as internet cash, combined with the currently low USD-to-LTC value makes it ideal for
online gaming.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 12:12:45 AM

The link in my sig is a web-based client that gives access to a number of servers, you could try selling loot on any of them for litecoins.

On my server. the one listed as "CrossCiv" server, there are already a number of players who are interested in a bunch of the cryptocoins. I don't know if any of the other servers would be friendly to the idea of selling stuff for litecoins, you never know, some games frown on players selling stuff to each other...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 02:52:49 PM

Hi!

I think I have a concept for an LTC based game that might be more be practical and doable than the ones previously discussed.
I can help with graphics too.

- Online based game (flash, java, php, ?)
- LTC "treasure" based

My idea was to start with a single player game, too. Every player would mine on his own, but would be connected to the server, which delivers the webstart code, but also acts as a pool server. If a player buys better equipment in the game, he transfers some litecoins to the pool owner.

I think Flash would be easier to start, since you don't have to download a webstart file and execute it. But I don't know any flash miner implementation at the moment (haven't looked for it yet).

Maybe Haxe would be worth to look at, since it can be compiled to Flash or an iPhone app as an example.

bitcoinsarefun

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 07:32:19 PM

I've been toying with the idea of offering irc bounce services in exchange for  litecoin.

Would anyone be interested, the total cost would be 2USD a month converted to LTC at the current buy rate. right now that would be about 225 LTC
1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 08:13:02 PM

I've been toying with the idea of offering irc bounce services in exchange for  litecoin.

Would anyone be interested, the total cost would be 2USD a month converted to LTC at the current buy rate. right now that would be about 225 LTC

I understand the need to have income in terms of fiat but crypto currencies will never really take off as long as folks are converting to and from USD. You have to be able to charge in LTC regardless of what the current market value is. That's the only thing that will bring stability to cryptos (including BTC).
bitcoinsarefun

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 08:22:09 PM

I understand the need to have income in terms of fiat but crypto currencies will never really take off as long as folks are converting to and from USD. You have to be able to charge in LTC regardless of what the current market value is. That's the only thing that will bring stability to cryptos (including BTC).

While I do understand where you are coming from, I can't really set an arbitrary price using litecoin right now. What I can do is figure out a fair USD value for the services I provide and offer the ability to pay in Litecoin

StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 04:40:56 AM
Last edit: February 29, 2012, 05:06:42 AM by StewartJ

I have updated the Thread Announcement to report on the Litecoin Faucet progress.

Also I have revised the LTC Game Ideas with the following text to help clarify and keep a certain focus:

- Develop Online / Flash Games that use LTC currency in innovative ways
----  There's been interesting discussion about this aspect of Litecoin, here are two LTC gaming ideas worth considering:
------- Pay-LTC-as-You-Play Online/Flash Game
------------ Put up a flash/online game on a web page, embed a javaminer script to create LTC income for the author of the game.
------------ Players of the flash game create the LTC with spare CPU cycles, with player's permission.
------- LTC Reward / Treasure Online/Flash Game
------------ Create an online "mining/treasure" game where LTC is given as a reward for reaching a level, reaching your quest. Player has an
------------ LTC account while they are playing game, gaining/losing LTC as they play.
---- Building LTC-based games of this sort would go a long way to help build potential demand and prove the viability of Litecoin.

Keep your ideas coming and any gaming/coding/hosting help is much appreciated.

Stewart
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 05:20:41 AM

I kinda want an R-Type game (top down shooter) with upgrades purchaseable for LTC...might be a bit easier for me to code than the farmville thing.
StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 05:27:41 AM

I kinda want an R-Type game (top down shooter) with upgrades purchaseable for LTC...might be a bit easier for me to code than the farmville thing.

I've thought about that concept: buying upgrades with LTC in the game.

Would help pay game author and contribute game rewards for the players as well.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 29, 2012, 06:02:33 AM

There are actually quite a few players I see online from time to time in my "CrossCiv" server (which can be reached using the web-launched client mentioned in my sig) who trade in Litecoins, amongst other varieties of cryptocurrency.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 29, 2012, 06:36:11 PM

Hi!

I've thought about that concept: buying upgrades with LTC in the game.

Would help pay game author and contribute game rewards for the players as well.

Buy 20 missiles for 1 LTC to kill level-end enemy, or so.

StewartJ (OP)

View Profile
March 02, 2012, 02:58:17 PM

Renewed interest in the LTC Poker Development on this thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=66809.0
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 09:22:00 PM

This thread should make note of the recent litecoin gpu mining software...
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: