Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:57:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Don't buy bitcoins"  (Read 17492 times)
Nick13ro

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 02:52:56 AM

Actually I agree the guy looked very likeable.

When writing "get him" I was interested to find out who he is, now knowing that you know him, even better: Now we may be able to explain a bit better what the benefits of bitcoins are.

I am facebook friends with him.  I know exactly who he is, he's stayed over at a friend of mines house.  As I said before, there's no point in trying to convince him anything once his mind is made up.  He's still convinced Dick Chaney personally installed thermite in the WTC.

He's most likely wrong about him doing it personally, but beyond that...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tomcollins

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 01:26:11 PM

When writing "get him" I was interested to find out who he is, now knowing that you know him, even better: Now we may be able to explain a bit better what the benefits of bitcoins are.

I am facebook friends with him.  I know exactly who he is, he's stayed over at a friend of mines house.  As I said before, there's no point in trying to convince him anything once his mind is made up.  He's still convinced Dick Chaney personally installed thermite in the WTC.

Do you think it is impossible that planes full of jet fuel could have burned the building enough to deform the steel frame of the building causing a collapse?
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 01:30:31 PM

Please don't start a 9-11 debate.

Nick13ro

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 02:02:00 PM

Do you think it is impossible that planes full of jet fuel could have burned the building enough to deform the steel frame of the building causing a collapse?

Yes, that too. Also it's clear the buildings gave in starting at the bottom going up and then falling into their own footprint. Damage at the top would not have done that, only controlled demolition would have. Not to mention world trade center 7 fell the same way without getting hit by any planes.
Nick13ro

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 02:02:29 PM

Sorry. Too late. Smiley I hope it doesn't get too ugly. Tongue
tomcollins

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 02:35:06 PM

I'm not gonna get into it, but 9/11 threads are good fly traps IMO.  Shouldn't have been so naive to think we don't have nutters who don't understand physics here too.  Or just naive or ignorant.  But we can take it to another thread if you want.
Nick13ro

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 02:53:56 PM

I'm not gonna get into it, but 9/11 threads are good fly traps IMO.  Shouldn't have been so naive to think we don't have nutters who don't understand physics here too.  Or just naive or ignorant.  But we can take it to another thread if you want.

No need. I'm satisfied I'm not a nutter and that jet fuel could not have collapsed those buildings, certainly not the way they did. The way I see it the only ones insane are the ones believing otherwise. A bomber crashed into the empire state building before and that building is still standing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-KXXsN8vc&feature=related And no, I don't believe the official pancaking crap. Feel free to feel all l superior for siding with the bought and paid for government experts. I suppose you also believe in the global warming cult.
tomcollins

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 03:26:40 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2011, 03:42:07 PM by tomcollins

I'm not gonna get into it, but 9/11 threads are good fly traps IMO.  Shouldn't have been so naive to think we don't have nutters who don't understand physics here too.  Or just naive or ignorant.  But we can take it to another thread if you want.

No need. I'm satisfied I'm not a nutter and that jet fuel could not have collapsed those buildings, certainly not the way they did. The way I see it the only ones insane are the ones believing otherwise. A bomber crashed into the empire state building before and that building is still standing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-KXXsN8vc&feature=related And no, I don't believe the official pancaking crap. Feel free to feel all l superior for siding with the bought and paid for government experts. I suppose you also believe in the global warming cult.

A B-25 bomber weighs 21,120 lbs.
A 767 weighs 395,000 lb.

This is like getting hit by a marble and saying that a bowling bowl would do the same damage.

I don't need to side with government experts, I'll side with my anarchist expert.  One floor of the WTC weighed a LOT.  That much weight dropping 10-12 feet results in a HUGE force.  If a plane can cut a hole in the side of it, one floor falling can certainly do as much damage.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 03:31:47 PM

Eventually with all our toasty electronic hashing machines we will be the global warming cult.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 06:59:17 PM

A B-25 bomber weighs 21,120 lbs.
A 767 weighs 395,000 lb.

This is like getting hit by a marble and saying that a bowling bowl would do the same damage.

More importantly, a B-25 has a fuel capacity of 670 gallons. A Boeing 767 has a fuel capacity of between 16,000 and 24,000 gallons. It's not even in the same ballpark.

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
grondilu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1076

View Profile
April 27, 2011, 07:15:24 PM

Oh I've just realised that this topic is mine so I can stop this 9/11 debate if I want.

And I do want to stop it.

Sorry guys.      Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: