Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Do I Tell My Daughter That People Across Europe Fear Minorities Like Us?  (Read 2008 times)
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:30:32 AM

americans are racist altough they claim not to be

That is a pretty broad brush you are painting with.

Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:47:55 PM

Europeans being a race (many are arguing that races don't have a gene support and that they don't real exist) or not isn't the point.

Historically, many of them, especially in the XVIII and XIX century, looked to the other members of the Caucasoids, in North Africa and Asia, as different from them, inferior. And did even worst to other groups.

Never mind that those peoples already had civilizations when the europeans were still scavenging dead animals.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
hello_good_sir

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 05:03:12 AM

That's the stupid thing I find about racism and xenophobia, you get any of these morons to submit to a DNA test and you'll find they'll at least have 5% something that isn't what they claim they are, single cultures are dead and soon the single race will be dead as well Tongue

I'd like to do some DNA testing on both the BNP white supremacists and Muslim supremacists, I'm sure we'll all be in hysterics, the Muslims will probably find out they have some kind of Christian ancestors and then the white supremacists will have some african blood in them or something.

This is why I think racism is a fucking joke and people should never take it seriously.

This is a common misconception.

Among whites on 23andme, it is estimated that 96 or 97% of them are of pure European descent.  The remainder have an average of less than 1% non-European ancestry, meaning 1 non-white great great great great great grandparent out of 128.  The one-drop rule formed a protective barrier for whites.

Of course this is the 23andme data set, a self-selected group which skews towards the curious, nerdy, and financially secure.  The other end of the spectrum probably has a little more non-white ancestry.  I suspect that most "Cherokee" ancestry among lower class Americans is actually very distant black ancestry, but again it can't be much.

5flags (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 06:48:50 AM

The comments in this thread are pathetic. You politically correct ass wipes make me want to puke.

Bigotry is a mode of primitive thought. You might feel comfortable in indulging in it, but that's no reason to expect everyone else to be so backward.

Look in the fucking mirror. The whole fucking mess of collective society is always an abject failure. The only thing that ever works is the individual and the frontier.

Yea...you're talking to an anarchist. I'm pretty sure I agree.

I could care fucking less about your endless (useless and reinforcing failure) political pontification and hot air balloons masturbation.

Aside from making me think you're a very angry person, I'm not sure that sentence actually means anything.

Tell your daughter to focus on gaining a skill and being productive in the Knowledge Age

Yea...it's not my daughter...that was the title of the article...it was the author's daughter.

(or nurture her to be a good wife to a man who can, feminism BS be damned), where guvmint won't be able to provide for her any more. Wasting her time on this crap shows you don't have a clue how to be a parent (and the guvmint has been doing that job very poorly for you, indoctrinating her mind with this nonsense).

I'm always impressed when a person's inexplicable anger makes them say stuff that a five year old could pick apart. I hope you have a better day today. Chin up.

http://5fla.gs - @5flags on Twitter
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:17:10 AM

That's the stupid thing I find about racism and xenophobia, you get any of these morons to submit to a DNA test and you'll find they'll at least have 5% something that isn't what they claim they are, single cultures are dead and soon the single race will be dead as well Tongue

I'd like to do some DNA testing on both the BNP white supremacists and Muslim supremacists, I'm sure we'll all be in hysterics, the Muslims will probably find out they have some kind of Christian ancestors and then the white supremacists will have some african blood in them or something.

This is why I think racism is a fucking joke and people should never take it seriously.

Among whites on 23andme, it is estimated that 96 or 97% of them are of pure European descent.  The remainder have an average of less than 1% non-European ancestry, meaning 1 non-white great great great great great grandparent out of 128.  The one-drop rule formed a protective barrier for whites.

Of course this is the 23andme data set, a self-selected group which skews towards the curious, nerdy, and financially secure.  The other end of the spectrum probably has a little more non-white ancestry.  I suspect that most "Cherokee" ancestry among lower class Americans is actually very distant black ancestry, but again it can't be much.

Yeah, you just proved my point, that's not a misconception at all, I was only being rough with the percentages and using it as an example but the point is no matter how 'pure' you might think you are or your ancestry is standard human pervertedness dicatates that at some point along your line one of your ancestors will have decided to go fuck a non-european just because Tongue

My family for example breeds like rabbits and we have a few interracial couples in my family as well to the point where I have four names, another reason I'm very grateful to Bitcoin because I don't always have to enter in personal information into those stupid fields that always break when I actually try to enter it in properly.
5flags (OP)

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:28:36 AM

Humans share about 50% of their DNA with bananas.

The implications are clear. Smiley

Cranky4u

Activity: 810

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:39:37 AM

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mehdi-hasan/ukip-ethnic-minorities_b_5409716.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

Take the Front National, which won the European elections in France. Its leader, Marine Le Pen, bangs on about the "progressive Islamisation" of her country and compares Muslims praying in public to the Nazi occupation of France. Consider also the Danish People's Party, which topped the polls in Denmark. Its founder Pia Kjærsgaard refers to Islam as a "political movement" and claims that the Quran teaches Muslims "to lie and deceive, cheat and swindle".

Muslims are the new Jews, Islamophobia the new anti-Semitism.  It's a shameful, hateful repetition of history.
Easy...tell her that just like Islamic states that do not want Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Aethists, etc...the predominaetly Christian Europeans do not want Islamic minorities becoming majorities.

It swings both ways basically

5flags (OP)

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 07:46:06 AM

Easy...tell her that just like Islamic states that do not want Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Aethists, etc...the predominaetly Christian Europeans do not want Islamic minorities becoming majorities.

So the argument should be that because we have Muslim bigots in other parts of the world, we should have non-Muslim bigots in Europe?

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 08:10:28 AM

So the argument should be that because we have Muslim bigots in other parts of the world, we should have non-Muslim bigots in Europe?

Yep, why not? If someone cannot carry a holy scripture, of any religion, nor talk about said religion in an Islamic country then why should Islamic people expect to be able to conduct their religious activities in another country?

I believe that if anybody wants freedom of religion then they should also practice or push for that right in any country, not just the 'easy ones'.

As I said, it goes both ways...

Put another way, would you fight so hard for a Christian to preach the bible in the UAE or for a Buddhist to meditate in public in Egypt? I don't think so...

5flags (OP)

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 08:21:50 AM

Yep, why not?

Because it's a primitive though process indicative of low intelligence. How about that for a reason?

I believe that if anybody wants freedom of religion then they should also practice or push for that right in any country, not just the 'easy ones'.

Sure. Two problems with that:

1. Why are you advocating global bigotry rather than global tolerance?
2. Why is an argument against bigotry in Europe in any way shape or form weakened by the fact that people are naturally more interested in the politics of the countries in which they live.

Yes. Are you opposed to bigotry? Or supportive of it? It goes both ways.

Put another way, would you fight so hard for a Christian to preach the bible in the UAE or for a Buddhist to meditate in public in Egypt? I don't think so...

I'm routinely critical of Islamism (political Islam), which I view as being as insidious as Zionism or Nazism.

But I won't submit to primitive, unintelligent thinking. Just because Muslims in, say, Egypt are, on average, less respecting of women than non-Muslims men are of women in Europe...is that an argument to be less respecting of Muslim women in say, France? That's a terrible argument.

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 08:31:46 AM

Yep, why not?

Because it's a primitive though process indicative of low intelligence. How about that for a reason?

Sure. Two problems with that:

1. Why are you advocating global bigotry rather than global tolerance?
2. Why is an argument against bigotry in Europe in any way shape or form weakened by the fact that people are naturally more interested in the politics of the countries in which they live.

Yes. Are you opposed to bigotry? Or supportive of it? It goes both ways.

I'm routinely critical of Islamism (political Islam), which I view as being as insidious as Zionism or Nazism.

But I won't submit to primitive, unintelligent thinking. Just because Muslims in, say, Egypt are, on average, less respecting of women than non-Muslims men are of women in Europe...is that an argument to be less respecting of Muslim women in say, France? That's a terrible argument.

Overall people are tired of being attacked for having an opinion that Islamic fundamentalists do not agree with. I for one, am tired of this as well, and firmly believe that your viewpoint stems from one of a passive-aggresive whom fails to address the primary issue of equality.

A deep desire for so called equality at the expense of others is the root cause of this European, nigh global, angst.

Why must you, being the pro-Islamic movement, thrust your viewpoint onto the general public and scream discrimination when asked to fix your own backyard first, namely the Islamic countries that no free thinker wants to live in.

*Sigh*

If only such a free thinker as yourself would campaign for freedom of religion in Islamic fundamental countries then maybe you would find Europe more accepting.

Please go forth to such countries and campaign for freedom of global religion...

5flags (OP)

Professional anarchist

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:49:02 AM

Overall people are tired of being attacked for having an opinion that Islamic fundamentalists do not agree with. I for one, am tired of this as well, and firmly believe that your viewpoint stems from one of a passive-aggresive whom fails to address the primary issue of equality.

And Muslims in general are tired of being associated with the actions of the minority.

A deep desire for so called equality at the expense of others is the root cause of this European, nigh global, angst.

I'm not sure that makes much sense.

Why must you, being the pro-Islamic movement, thrust your viewpoint onto the general public and scream discrimination when asked to fix your own backyard first, namely the Islamic countries that no free thinker wants to live in.

Again, you're not making any sense.

I have openly stated that I am am a devout atheist of European Jewish decent. I have openly stated that I view Islamism as being comparable to Nazism and Zionism in some respects - and this makes me the pro-Islamic movement? What mental deficiency allowed you to perform that particular act of mental gymnastics?

If only such a free thinker as yourself would campaign for freedom of religion in Islamic fundamental countries then maybe you would find Europe more accepting.

I don't live in an Islamic fundamentalist country. Nor will I. I do live in Europe. How is this difficult for you to understand? Your rather primitive intellect would, 100 years ago have been making similar arguments about Jews. It's pretty pathetic.

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:51:52 AM

And Muslims in general are tired of being associated with the actions of the minority.

I'm not sure that makes much sense.

Again, you're not making any sense.

I have openly stated that I am am a devout atheist of European Jewish decent. I have openly stated that I view Islamism as being comparable to Nazism and Zionism in some respects - and this makes me the pro-Islamic movement? What mental deficiency allowed you to perform that particular act of mental gymnastics?

I don't live in an Islamic fundamentalist country. Nor will I. I do live in Europe. How is this difficult for you to understand? Your rather primitive intellect would, 100 years ago have been making similar arguments about Jews. It's pretty pathetic.

We are not discussing you but the article....thanks but I am bowing out of this tangential discussion now

Trading
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:11:04 PM

Among whites on 23andme, it is estimated that 96 or 97% of them are of pure European descent.  The remainder have an average of less than 1% non-European ancestry, meaning 1 non-white great great great great great grandparent out of 128.  The one-drop rule formed a protective barrier for whites.

Of course this is the 23andme data set, a self-selected group which skews towards the curious, nerdy, and financially secure.  The other end of the spectrum probably has a little more non-white ancestry.  I suspect that most "Cherokee" ancestry among lower class Americans is actually very distant black ancestry, but again it can't be much.

I wonder if people know that our main ascendents left Africa about 70,000/60,000 years ago and when they arrived in Europe, about 40,000 years ago, they were probably still very dark. We all descend mainly from a group of between 200 and 500 africans.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Pepin

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:28:56 PM

Europeans mixed with Neanderthals. Every European has between 3 and 5% of Neanderthal genes. Yes, Europeans are a very superior and pure race.

Well, Neanderthals DID have bigger brains and more muscle...
Trading
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:51:47 PM

The neanderthals were "recovered" by a sentimental generation of archeologists in the sixties, when they discovered that the neanderthals cared for their wounded. But they had their qualities. Strong people, yes.

But that didn't helped them much. There is uncertainty on what happened, but it seems, at least in some parts of Europe, that we killed them and impregnated their women... as we did against the homo erectus in Asia, when we arrived there, and so many times later on against other human beings in new lands.

A few thousands years after we arrived and the neanderthals and the homo erectus were extinct or absorbed by us.

They didn't almost changed their hunting tactics or instruments for 200,000 years. They hunted big game at close range (killing mammoths at close range, crazy guys...), instead of trowing spears on them. Only after contacted us, they started to change. They were basic people.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: