Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:06:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Send cash with bitcoins (+60 000 offices around the world)  (Read 5338 times)
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:05:32 PM

Keep your distance from this service and any others offered by paraipan.  He is hurting the Bitcoin community.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64176.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 11:23:22 PM

Keep your distance from this service and any others offered by paraipan.  He is hurting the Bitcoin community.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64176.0

Thanks for the update man. I cant believe he filed a complaint.

All respect gone.

Such a shame, I had a great proposal for him to make a boatload of money by working with us. Thats out the window

How can I trust him now

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 11:26:18 PM

A very short sighted act this guy did.
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 11:31:41 PM

I am a little confused about this service

you say that you can go exchange Bitcoins for cash at any of these "offices"
but you also say funds will be available in 24-48 hours

can you elaborate (details please) on how I can go to my local quickie mart and get Apu to give me cash for Bitcoins?
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 11:37:45 PM

Thanks for the update man. I cant believe he filed a complaint.

All respect gone.

Such a shame, I had a great proposal for him to make a boatload of money by working with us. Thats out the window

How can I trust him now

I don't know what kind of partnership we might had if you make case of such claims about me. Hope for the best and that people in the community see the danger before it hits them.

edit: any moderators around ? please help guys

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 11:48:03 PM

I was watching this idea and it looked very interesting to me.  Actually looked like a fresh idea.  What the hell where you thinking?

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 12:01:51 AM

I was watching this idea and it looked very interesting to me.  Actually looked like a fresh idea.  What the hell where you thinking?

if you're so kind to read the post in the other thread you will understand my motives

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 12:25:06 AM

I know your busy politicking right now but could you please answer my question? I am really interested in being a customer. If I could exchange Bitcoins for cash locally I would be doing this every week, you have an office about 30 miles from me, its a little ghetto quickie mart in the bad part of town but as long as I go in the morning or middle of the day I should not have to worry about getting shot...

That is what this thread is about isnt it? Your promoting this service? Well I have a Question.. Smiley
RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 12:35:45 AM

Are you an employee or owner of CONTACT?  Or are you some sort of affiliate?  What is your AML program for this service? 
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 12:40:31 AM

Do you have an office in China?

paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 12:43:16 AM

I know your busy politicking right now but could you please answer my question? I am really interested in being a customer. If I could exchange Bitcoins for cash locally I would be doing this every week, you have an office about 30 miles from me, its a little ghetto quickie mart in the bad part of town but as long as I go in the morning or middle of the day I should not have to worry about getting shot...

That is what this thread is about isnt it? Your promoting this service? Well I have a Question.. Smiley

thanks and sorry for not giving you the deserved attention, please send a PM with any questions you may have regarding your needs and i will gladly answer them all

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 12:43:52 AM

I was watching this idea and it looked very interesting to me.  Actually looked like a fresh idea.  What the hell where you thinking?

if you're so kind to read the post in the other thread you will understand my motives

Oh, I read it...many time. All I see is hypocrisy.

Your quotes:

Today a legal complaint against bitcoinica.com was filed with the Spanish authorities, given their legal status is unknown and any requests for providing information are left unanswered.
I strongly suggest anyone, having issues with bitcoin being associated with money laundering and unregulated speculation, doing the same thing in their jurisdiction. English translation is not available at this moment but will be faxed when ready to bitcoinica.com by the competent authorities.

I will withdraw my complaint if bitcoinica publicly proves that it had all the required documents and complies with AML regulations.

However, your essentially taking cash for a service without any AML compliance. Do you work for them? You realize this is illegal right?

FinCEN Law:

This guidance is intended to explain general issues concerning the registration requirement
under 31 CFR Part 103.  
Solely an Agent.  A business that is an MSB solely because it serves as an agent of another MSB is not
required to register.  
Source: http://www.fincen.gov/financial_institutions/msb/pdf/FinCENfactsheet.pdf

Are you an agent of CONTACT?

-----

According yo your logic, I'm not trying to 'hate' on you right now so please dont take it personally. I'm simply trying to make sure everyone is following their 'AML regulations'.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 12:47:45 AM

Are you an employee or owner of CONTACT?  Or are you some sort of affiliate?  What is your AML program for this service? 

affiliate thanks to okpay.com. I collect and store sender identification and receiver is identified before collecting funds. I comply with the service sending limits that are under AML regulations.

Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 12:51:26 AM

affiliate thanks to okpay.com. I collect and store sender identification and receiver is identified before collecting funds. I comply with the service sending limits that are under AML regulations.

Thanks for the polite response.  Smiley

I'm not familiar with OKpay's affiliate program with CONTACT, so let's leave it be.

*watching the thread*

RaggedMonk

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 12:52:27 AM

Do you have measures in place to detect and prevent structuring?

Does OKPAY know that you are using their service to exchange currency, instead of just sending money?
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 12:59:51 AM

Do you have measures in place to detect and prevent structuring?

Does OKPAY know that you are using their service to exchange currency, instead of just sending money?

the service doesn't support structuring, i had to search this one on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Structuring

okpay complies on their part doing the exchange from various e-curencies

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 01:06:44 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 01:17:29 AM by bitcool

Are you an employee or owner of CONTACT?  Or are you some sort of affiliate?  What is your AML program for this service?  

What sending limit?
According to okpay webstie:
>> No Boundaries: OKPAY Company service is available worldwide with practically no limit on transaction amounts and volumes;

Edit: says benefit #7, link https://www.okpay.com/en/solutions/freelance.html
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 01:19:55 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 01:58:56 AM by paraipan

Are you an employee or owner of CONTACT?  Or are you some sort of affiliate?  What is your AML program for this service?  

What sending limit?
According to okpay webstie:
>> No Boundaries: OKPAY Company service is available worldwide with practically no limit on transaction amounts and volumes;

Edit: says benefit #7, link https://www.okpay.com/en/solutions/freelance.html

i understand you are not a native english speaker as me, by "no boundaries" they mean "no frontiers" and yes they have limits like all money services do.

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 01:24:56 AM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 01:37:56 AM by genjix

Anyone who does business with this guy would be highly unethical. He has used the law (which exists to protect customers) as a commercial weapon. He has a conflict of interest. It is when companies (and large corporations) use the law in this manner that a society becomes corrupt. This guy is a promoter of corruption.

http://bitcoinmedia.com/bitcoinica-legal-complaint/
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2012, 01:29:51 AM

i already answered you in the thread you posted this first

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64176.msg753541#msg753541

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: