Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:22:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legal complaint against bitcoinica.com  (Read 13935 times)
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 04:36:17 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2012, 11:04:27 PM by paraipan

Today a legal complaint against bitcoinica.com was filed with the Spanish authorities, given their legal status is unknown and any requests for providing information are left unanswered.
I strongly suggest anyone, having issues with bitcoin being associated with money laundering and unregulated speculation, doing the same thing in their jurisdiction. English translation is not available at this moment but will be faxed when ready to bitcoinica.com by the competent authorities.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 04:39:14 PM

this is going to hurt mtgox...

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:58:37 PM

Today a legal complaint against bitcoinica.com was filed with the Spanish authorities, given their legal status is unknown and any requests for providing information are left unanswered.
I strongly suggest anyone, having issues with bitcoin being associated with money laundering and unregulated speculation, doing the same thing in their jurisdiction.

Wait, you are suggesting people attack bitcoinica?

Why? What have they done? As far as I know, they've been behaving honestly. I've seem some issues about lack of reserves, but nothing fraudulent.
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 05:06:33 PM

I strongly suggest anyone, having issues with bitcoin being associated with money laundering and unregulated speculation, doing the same thing in their jurisdiction.

Wait, you are suggesting people attack bitcoinica?

Why? What have they done? As far as I know, they've been behaving honestly. I've seem some issues about lack of reserves, but nothing fraudulent.

Yeah. It is this attitude that got TH shutdown.

Spain has good relations with Chile police I would think.

FYI this is NOT helping anyone but your greedy self.

How much are they paying you to rat bitcoinica out ?
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 06:05:59 PM

what do you mean ?

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 06:34:39 PM

what do you mean ?

mtgox codes are being traded at bitcoinica..

paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 06:37:22 PM

what do you mean ?

thanks for telling me that, i will make sure the police knows about it

ThomasV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 06:40:58 PM

what do you mean ?

not sure if you are serious...

paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 06:50:23 PM

what do you mean ?

not sure if you are serious...

i mean if they will call me to request for more information

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:27:41 PM

Dude, I lost all respect I had for you...

And good luck for your money transmitting business that you so eagerly promote on this forum.
I'll make sure to stay away from it, and I'm sure many others will do the same.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:31:16 PM

what do you mean ?
Bitcoinica is like a 3rd of MtGox's volume? I heard that somewhere, don't know if it is correct. But if it is, yes it will hurt MtGox's volume.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
bulanula

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:32:55 PM

i mean if they will call me to request for more information

LOL. I just want to know how much you get paid for this Cheesy

Seems that now members of our own community are the so-called "establishment".

Good one paraipan !
ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:33:33 PM

meelba will be joining in on the fun soon Wink

(BFL)^2 < 0
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:42:23 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 08:29:29 PM by Otoh

lol, it's a dununcia - anyone can file these & they go nowhere 99% of the time, it means I'm upset about something I saw on the Internets so it must be banned - actually it says I wish to bring this matter to the attention of the authorities, it says there's some site on the web that's only in English not Spanish & though I've not lost any money on it I think that others may do so in the future so please check it out, Spain isn't the Generalísimo of the Internets or for that matter have any jurisdiction in Singapore, Delaware, or 99% of the rest of the world since they lost their colonial rapespoils, it's a total red herring ego trip FUD

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
teflone

Activity: 770

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:48:40 PM

I strongly suggest anyone, having issues with bitcoin being associated with money laundering and unregulated speculation, doing the same thing in their jurisdiction. English translation is not available at this moment but will be faxed when ready to bitcoinica.com by the competent authorities.

WTF ? 

I hate bitcoinica at times too..

But you posting this is just pure stupidity..  because you make no point in describing your issues with them to us ?

Just a spanish document that could be anything..  you could be filing a report about a lost dog for all I know or care..

How about some actual details ?
I would love to further laugh about the idea you wish to promote ?

Are you a mtgox peon ?

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:02:11 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 08:38:06 PM by psy

@teflone and @senbonzakura: I hope you guys are ready for the complaint paraipan will also make about you operating an illegal "bank"...

...and it's islamic... the spanish SWAT will raid you both, you terrorists, just so you learn not the attack their subway system!  Roll Eyes

@teflone: I could translate it to you but I'll just tell you the general guidelines.
1- He discovered a website in the internet who takes money from people without asking for identification documents.
2- That the only information they have in the webiste is about how to send money to them.
3- That in a later date they started accepting deposits from people and they play with them on the market and promise high returns on the investment.
4- That he has asked more information about the company in public forums, I suspect bitcointalk.org, and have got no answers from the company, thus believing they are a sweat shop.
5- He hasn't personally lost any money or patrimony with said company but it's his desire that the police investigates them

tl;dr: He's a jealous snitch.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:09:15 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2012, 09:09:47 PM by Otoh

it's not even close to an accurate description of what Bitcoinica does or claims to do, the denuncia states that they are soliciting investments for a fund that which will be invested in highly speculative way that they will then use to pay elevated rates of interest, Bitcoinica does not do this - it's not a fund, an investment, doesn't promise high returns or any at all for that matter - the person who wrote this is either a moron or just doesn't have a clue, maybe both

I could go in to the local cop shop & fill out a similar form, though in most jurisdictions I would actually have had to have lost some money first, the result would be identical anywhere in the world - yep, yet another one to file in the looney bin

edit: I suppose with the swaps there is some offer now of a return for funds deposited which I guess is what this is based upon so that may be of relevance, also the complaint says that no ID information is gathered from those participating, looks like an oblique attack on the whole Bitcoin concept imo, but aimed at Bitcoinica rather than Bitcoins itself

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
paraipan (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2012, 08:23:46 PM

WTF ?  

I hate bitcoinica at times too..

But you posting this is just pure stupidity..  because you make no point in describing your issues with them to us ?

Just a spanish document that could be anything..  you could be filing a report about a lost dog for all I know or care..

How about some actual details ?
I would love to further laugh about the idea you wish to promote ?

Are you a mtgox peon ?

I don't "hate" bitcoinica at all and don't work for any interested party around bitcoin project, only for myself. I will withdraw my complaint if bitcoinica publicly proves that it had all the required documents and complies with AML regulations.

Complaint was filed with Spanish National Police and passed onto their Internet investigation division. It's mostly a legal request to investigate on the matter, given there is a high risk of fraud. I'm not allowed to translate the document myself and a legal translator costs money that I better spend on my needs. Additional domain registrant info was provided too.

gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:43:53 PM

Lame move, dude. You are hurting the bitcoin community.

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:44:34 PM

Your motive for doing this?

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: