Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:39:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This forum is full of future millionaires  (Read 14560 times)
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:12:21 AM

Bitcoin is not JUST money. It's also a store of value (digital gold), a payment protocol and a digital safe that can be made as strong as you want it to be. The potential upper bound for bitcoins value is all the wealth in the world.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
WoopDeBoop

Activity: 271
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:24:26 AM

Thirty years ago if you'd said we'd all have multiple computers each and 90% of them would run one OS people would have thought you mad.

Fifteen years ago if you'd said google would control over 70% of searches people would have doubted you.

five years ago if you'd said Android (which was released 6 years ago) would be on 80% of peoples phones they'd have laughed at that too.

Certain technology takes off

We're all just hoping we've hitched our wagons to the right rocket. (to mangle a phrase)

the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:31:28 AM

Thirty years ago if you'd said we'd all have multiple computers each and 90% of them would run one OS people would have thought you mad.

Fifteen years ago if you'd said google would control over 70% of searches people would have doubted you.

five years ago if you'd said Android (which was released 6 years ago) would be on 80% of peoples phones they'd have laughed at that too.

We're all just hoping we've hitched our wagons to the right rocket. (to mangle a phrase)

On top of that, adoption of change is getting faster and faster. Look at what Netflix has done as an alternative to paid cable in less than a decade. And then there's amazon, which has gutted many different markets by keeping things cheap and simple to buy. Disruptive technologies which help the consumer save money catch on really fast. This is why I think the remittance sector will be the first on btc's hit list.
WoopDeBoop

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:45:33 AM

On top of that, adoption of change is getting faster and faster. Look at what Netflix has done as an alternative to paid cable in less than a decade. And then there's amazon, which has gutted many different markets by keeping things cheap and simple to buy. Disruptive technologies which help the consumer save money catch on really fast. This is why I think the remittance sector will be the first on btc's hit list.

Yep, but by the same token another coin could come along, zip right past us and make gazillionaires out of some other crowd.

Let's just hope it's not the dogecoiners lol

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:16:24 AM

Yep, but by the same token another coin could come along, zip right past us and make gazillionaires out of some other crowd.

No it can't. You can't just "zip past" 100 petahashes per second.

i am satoshi
WoopDeBoop

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:24:54 AM

People said no one could overthrow myspace as the number one social network site.

bananaControl

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:37:04 AM

People said no one could overthrow myspace as the number one social network site.

Apples and oranges, you don't seem to understand how it works.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:42:06 AM

And the average Myspace user invested zero and switching sites was a case of a few clicks.

It's not quite the same scenario.
WoopDeBoop

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:45:49 AM

And the average Myspace user invested zero and switching sites was a case of a few clicks.

I know that, but my point is with technology no one really knows what's going to happen.

Pretty sure we were meant to be flying to work 20 something years ago, wearing silver suits and all our food came in pill form by now.

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:47:45 AM

^^ I'm waiting for a time machine. Grin
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:49:41 AM

I know that, but my point is with technology no one really knows what's going to happen.

Pretty sure we were meant to be flying to work 20 something years ago, wearing silver suits and all our food came in pill form by now.

True indeed, but when enough people have enough of their own money involved it becomes a powerful incentive to stick with something that's good enough.

I guess the next 3 years or so will show us what's what.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:50:36 AM

Not to mention the millions of dollars invested in infrastructure around bitcoin, (and litecoin is leeching of some of it), unlike all the other coins.

MySpace did not have all that infrastructure around it.

Imagine if a new coin would arise. All the merchant acceptance would have to start over from scratch. Not likely to happen.
MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:26:28 PM

Not to mention the millions of dollars invested in infrastructure around bitcoin, (and litecoin is leeching of some of it), unlike all the other coins.

MySpace did not have all that infrastructure around it.

Imagine if a new coin would arise. All the merchant acceptance would have to start over from scratch. Not likely to happen.

Yeah it would be rly hard for any altcoin to get to where btc is now. There are already better coins but its hard to switch .
Bitcoin cant die , like zimmah said, there is to much into infrastructure, to many people and business accepting and using it, it got and its gaining momentum and then its nearly impossible to stop it.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:48:55 PM

There are already better coins

No there aren't. They take what bitcoin devs have created and copy it with a marketing twist for a quick pump and dump, then discarded. Bitcoin is actually developed. As soon as bitcoin implements side chains, all altcoins become irrelevant, instantly.

Altcoins are actually only useful (apart from speculation) as testing grounds for wild, silly, dangerous ideas which are not in bitcoin. Good ideas then get into bitcoin core. There's no "better" coin, as no coin is static and all can be changed to the 'better' one's code. So the only "better" coin is the more reliable one.

i am satoshi
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 01:51:03 PM

The only reason 10BTC would be worth $1,000,000 is because of hyperinflation, in which case I wouldn't sell my coins and would be using them for directly buying stuff instead.

there will never be more than 21 mil bitcoin.

There is no reason why someone can't create another crypto currency with a higher limit.  Simple 'divide US dollars by 21 million bitcoins = $$$$$ WIN' calculations are far to simplistic.
Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 01:52:17 PM

There are already better coins

No there aren't. They take what bitcoin devs have created and copy it with a marketing twist for a quick pump and dump, then discarded. Bitcoin is actually developed. As soon as bitcoin implements side chains, all altcoins become irrelevant, instantly.

All altcoins are a scam.
DolanDuck

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:03:00 PM

1 million dollars for a bitcoin is unimaginable in the current days, but if we look at the past,
when the value was less than 1$, who would have bet on today prices?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
piramida
Legendary

Borsche

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:09:40 PM

1 million dollars for a bitcoin is unimaginable in the current days, but if we look at the past,
when the value was less than 1$, who would have bet on today prices?

When the value was below $1 saying that bitcoin will be worth $100 one day was a funny joke. As it is now with 6+ digits. Not all jokes come true, but some do...

i am satoshi
MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 02:34:49 PM

The only reason 10BTC would be worth $1,000,000 is because of hyperinflation, in which case I wouldn't sell my coins and would be using them for directly buying stuff instead.

there will never be more than 21 mil bitcoin.

There is no reason why someone can't create another crypto currency with a higher limit.  Simple 'divide US dollars by 21 million bitcoins = $$$$$ WIN' calculations are far to simplistic.

And there is no reason why someone would create alt coin with higher limit. Coz when btc gets to high we can just start using mBTC, uBTC and finally satoshi , there is more than enough units of bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 02:35:18 PM

anyone holding over 10 bitcoin today will probably have 1 million USD (in today's purchasing power) in 10-20 years.
most of the fiat pundits who mock bitcoin today will be eating their hat when the USD finally implodes.
be glad you are lucky enough to be here in this moment in time when bitcoin is first invented, it will be quite a story to tell...

I really hope that will be the case, it's a really hopefull prediction.
However it's still a prediction and before it becomes reality, we have a long way to go.
But yeh im trying to atleast get 10 bitcoins, and hopefully more.
Because I believe that prediction can become reality
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: