Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:23:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This forum is full of future millionaires  (Read 14564 times)
Wary

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Who's there?

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:58:58 PM

You cannot buy or invade another country. This is the 21st century and we have organizations such as the United Nations to prevent such incidents.
Crimea.

Fairplay medal of dnaleor's trading simulator. Smiley
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:36:55 PM

Here's my advice:
GO ALL IN

Don't pussy foot it around, you are already late. Making 200$ profit is lame, 2k is lame too. Here's your lifetime opportunity to make a shit load of wealth, don't just test it to see if it really works, you will not get another chance. Paper money has always been worthless, start with that basic knowledge.

BE THE OPPORTUNISTIC DOG:

Take a student loan if you must. Anything that is not too hard-core to get you in jail. If it all fails you should not have your life or freedom at risk but everything else if needed.

"keeping an eye on the price" is a shit excuse for not buying. But I must admit, I waited 2 months before I bought my first bitcoins at the price of 4.5$ each. And I regretted for not buying when they were 4. Now my friends consider me the most successful high risk investor in my puny little frog pool country.

But then again, one should only give advice when asked. no one asked me and if they did I'd say "you're on your own" Tongue

I'm with Hyena on this one.  Spent 15 years of my life "playing it safe" and conservative, and it got me nowhere really. While other more daring risk takers during that time made a killing.  No more for me, I've flipped the switch.  Bitcoin will either prove to be the game changing technology and cryptocurrency that many believe it will be, or it will go down to zero.  And I guess if that happens I'll ride it down along with millions of others.  But I just don't see that as the outcome, at least not for the next 3-5 years.  It's going to turn the world of finance on it's head.  And I'm strapped in.
serenitys

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:50:49 PM

BE THE OPPORTUNISTIC DOG:

Shocked

OMGLOL that is so wrong.

funny as hell but just wrong  Grin

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
HurricanOday

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 12:25:18 AM

I wasn't trying to start a forum war, was just trying to get more opinions. I don't really like the statement "invest only what you are willing to lose" Does anyone want to lose money here? I would also like to clarify again that I have 8 coins with an average buy in around 500 (cause of the last couple of coins) so I have already made over 1k. I think people will always say damn I should have went all in when/if bitcoin skyrockets.

I only learned of bitcoin because a friend told me his sad story about how he was going to invest in 1k when it was really low then it sky rocketed, he could have made a lot of money. I planned on spending 5k but that was back when it was hovering at 420 for a long time and even went down to 350, so I thought maybe bitcoin was going to tank. So I have slowly bought more coins

I could put more money in and I know it would be a risk but is the risk vs investment worth it esp when I already have 8 coins. When then would I at least get my original investment back?

You've kicked off an interesting exchange rather than a war. What are your own wants from this? Do you want to just make a decent gain over the course of months to a year or see where it goes in the long haul?

Well I would def consider myself in for the longer run. I work at boeing in seattle/renton area in WA state and have barely a year in, right now I make $17 and in 5 years will jump up to the max pay which will be around 35$ an hour. My credit isn't great but I have been working on it and will be looking to buy a house middle/end of 2016. At that time I would be making close to 20$ an hour and hopefully bitcoin has been good to me so I could use some money for a nice down payment for a house. Depending on how high it goes my house could include a batcave. My gf (prolly wife in a couple of years) makes 40k now, so end of 2016 we will probably have about 80k+ year income. I also have student loan debt to pay off so bitcoin going up could also help me take care of all/most of that. Nice decent house around 250-350k seems like an attainable goal esp if bitcoin goes 5-10k a coin or more that some people speculate.

So basically in 2-3 years I would like to have some money for a house and then with the rest I would be going along for the ride. Maybe continuing to buy more, but I am def considering buying more coins now just want to watch what the price does.

[   eGOLD  M I N I N G   ]    Mining. Hosting. Cloud Mining.
                                INVEST NOW                               
❪❪ WP | How it Works ❫❫   ◾ telegram  ◾ facebook  ◾ twitter
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:56:44 PM

I'm with Hyena on this one.  Spent 15 years of my life "playing it safe" and conservative, and it got me nowhere really. While other more daring risk takers during that time made a killing.  No more for me, I've flipped the switch.  Bitcoin will either prove to be the game changing technology and cryptocurrency that many believe it will be, or it will go down to zero.  And I guess if that happens I'll ride it down along with millions of others.  But I just don't see that as the outcome, at least not for the next 3-5 years.  It's going to turn the world of finance on it's head.  And I'm strapped in.

Great post.  I think a lot of us here may be like this.  At least those of us in the 30+ age range.  My best friend is a wealth advisor for ameriprise and has gone the "warren buffet" route (extremely slow returns, gradual, but guaranteed) and he still struggles to do all the things he wants to do.  I was the same way, and when Bitcoin came, something just made me change.  Threw caution to the wind.  I said "f*ck it" and started buying and buying and buying at $80.00.  Friends calling me crazy.   I actually felt like a total fool at the time.  But it became like an addiction.  The more I read about it, the more something inside me *knew* this was going somewhere.  One of my only super powers is shit like this.  I know when I see something that is going to be huge.  Even if everyone around me says it wont.  I have yet to be wrong.  I just have *never* taken the leap because I was afraid to take the risk.   I literally was in the sales office of a new condo complex in 2003 ready to buy as the housing boom was getting started.  It was a gamble.  And I didn't take it.  I could have purchased a place for $120,000 that sold for $750,000 less than a year and a half later.   I *always* miss the boat.  And I always know I'm missing it.  But never had the balls to go for it.  

This time I am "all in".  Because this time I listened to my intuition and decided to take the risk on it.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
pinksheep

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:17:54 PM

Great post.  I think a lot of us here may be like this.  At least those of us in the 30+ age range.  My best friend is a wealth advisor for ameriprise and has gone the "warren buffet" route (extremely slow returns, gradual, but guaranteed) and he still struggles to do all the things he wants to do.  I was the same way, and when Bitcoin came, something just made me change.  Threw caution to the wind.  I said "f*ck it" and started buying and buying and buying at $80.00.  Friends calling me crazy.   I actually felt like a total fool at the time.  But it became like an addiction.  The more I read about it, the more something inside me *knew* this was going somewhere.  One of my only super powers is shit like this.  I know when I see something that is going to be huge.  Even if everyone around me says it wont.  I have yet to be wrong.  I just have *never* taken the leap because I was afraid to take the risk.   I literally was in the sales office of a new condo complex in 2003 ready to buy as the housing boom was getting started.  It was a gamble.  And I didn't take it.  I could have purchased a place for $120,000 that sold for $750,000 less than a year and a half later.   I *always* miss the boat.  And I always know I'm missing it.  But never had the balls to go for it.  

This time I am "all in".  Because this time I listened to my intuition and decided to take the risk on it.

-B-

I'm just like you. Something, I don't know what, just seemed to tell me that this was the thing that was going to change my life. It's now an addiction for me too; I have no idea how many hours I have spent reading about BTC since January, but it's a LOT. Still, if this isn't a contradiction to what I've just wrote, I won't really believe it until it actually happens & I can buy & do the things I've always wanted to.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:43:25 PM

I literally was in the sales office of a new condo complex in 2003 ready to buy as the housing boom was getting started.  It was a gamble.  And I didn't take it.  I could have purchased a place for $120,000 that sold for $750,000 less than a year and a half later.   I *always* miss the boat.  And I always know I'm missing it.  But never had the balls to go for it.  

-B-

I know exactly what you mean.  I have passed on other opportunities in my past, and they have always come back to remind me what an idiot I am.  

My dad passed on a $300K beachfront 3-story house in Charleston, SC in 1997.  That same house now goes for $5.5M.  He also passed on being an early investor in 1986 in a little known company that makes computer operating systems and office software... maybe you know the one?  Hehe.  He also passed early on a little known company where you could rent movies on VHS tape and take them home to watch.  Guess who?

From now on, I'm not gonna be that guy.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3968

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:44:58 PM

-B-

I'm just like you. Something, I don't know what, just seemed to tell me that this was the thing that was going to change my life. It's now an addiction for me too; I have no idea how many hours I have spent reading about BTC since January, but it's a LOT. Still, if this isn't a contradiction to what I've just wrote, I won't really believe it until it actually happens & I can buy & do the things I've always wanted to.

interesting...I had this feeling, but not too often. I wonder if a significant percentage of bitcoiners have this possibly genetic trait.
We might be the upcoming X-men...I kid, I kid.
Some theoretical background of the future affecting the past (Aharonov, etc):
http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news/2012/aug/03/can-the-future-affect-the-past
bitcoinsrus

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:50:16 PM

I literally was in the sales office of a new condo complex in 2003 ready to buy as the housing boom was getting started.  It was a gamble.  And I didn't take it.  I could have purchased a place for $120,000 that sold for $750,000 less than a year and a half later.   I *always* miss the boat.  And I always know I'm missing it.  But never had the balls to go for it.  

-B-

I know exactly what you mean.  I have passed on other opportunities in my past, and they have always come back to remind me what an idiot I am.  

My dad passed on a $300K beachfront 3-story house in Charleston, SC in 1997.  That same house now goes for $5.5M.  He also passed on being an early investor in 1986 in a little known company that makes computer operating systems and office software... maybe you know the one?  Hehe.  He also passed early on a little known company where you could rent movies on VHS tape and take them home to watch.  Guess who?

From now on, I'm not gonna be that guy.

Let me know what else your dad is not investing in  Grin
(dont worry, my dad bought facebook, so I know what your going through Sad )
igorr

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:51:44 PM

This forum is full of future millionaires

haha

Cлaвьcя, Oтeчecтвo нaшe cвoбoднoe,
Бpaтcкиx нapoдoв coюз вeкoвoй,
Пpeдкaми дaннaя мyдpocть нapoднaя!
Cлaвьcя, cтpaнa! Mы гopдимcя тoбoй!
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 08:58:22 PM

Most here won't resist the temptation to spend. Very few here will actually be millionaires.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
pinksheep

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:08:04 PM

Getting out will definitely be the hardest thing to do. I know how much I need to build the house I want, but if & when it reaches that price, I'm gonna be wondering should I hold on, not just to get enough for the house, but in case it goes much higher & enables me to have a higher standard of living. I'd hate to get out at say $50,000 & have to work hard to pay the bills & then see it go to $100,000 or way above. Getting out will be much harder than getting in.

PRIMEDICE
MICRO
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1037

CEO @ Stake.com and Primedice.com

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 09:18:27 PM

Most here won't resist the temptation to spend. Very few here will actually be millionaires.

Yeah that is what made most of miners to sell on 50$ , u will always think this profit is good enough. U need to sell at some point but when , that is the 1M$ question.

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████     ████                  ████
▄████▀            ████    ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▄████▀   ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
█████           ▀▀▀▀    ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
 █████▄           ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄       ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀        ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄        ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████        ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███      ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌ ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██
████▌          █████        ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄ ▄▄ ▄ ▄▄ ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀
████▄       ▄▄████▀       ▄█▀   ▀ ▄█▀  ▀█▄ ██▀▀██▀▀██▀███▄▄      ▄▄██
 ██████████████▀▀  ▄███▄  ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██   ▀▀█████████▀▀
   ▀██████▀▀▀      ▀███▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀▐▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀    ▄▀█████▀     ▀█▄
▄█▄    █        ▀▄   ███▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▄       ▄▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀       ███
███     ▄▄███████▄▄     ▄▀█
█  ▀▄ ▄▀ ▀███████▀ ▀▄ ▄▀  █
▀█   █     ▀███▀     ▀▄  █▀
▀█▄▄█▄      █        █▄█▀
▀█████▄ ▄▀▀ ▀▀▄▄ ▄▄███▀
▀█████        ████▀
▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀

● OVER 1000 GAMES
● DAILY RACES AND BONUSES
● RAKEBACK & VIP RANKS
● 24/7 LIVE SUPPORT
Raystonn

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:33:23 PM

Sell regularly as price hits new highs.  Aim to keep your total withdrawals at around 10% of the fiat values of your Bitcoins.  Do not buy back in with the withdrawn funds when price drops and you will be protected from a complete failure of Bitcoin.  This gives you most of the price appreciation and some protection in case we suddenly go to 0.

This means any new fiat you receive should go 90% to BTC, and any increases in BTC price should result in a sell of 10% of the profit due to the increase.
CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 09:36:54 PM

I've already taken my profits. No matter what, I've got more than what I put in out of it. It's binary for me now. It either works, or it doesn't. Either I'm rich, or not. Fuck it, let's go.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:20:17 PM

Im all in as well.  Invested $10k in the $400 range and will keep buying and using btc.  Im 35 and have disposable income.  Im tired of playing it safe.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 10:25:44 PM

Im all in as well.  Invested $10k in the $400 range and will keep buying and using btc.  Im 35 and have disposable income.  Im tired of playing it safe.

That is proving to be a very nice entry to the market now. Do you plan on day trading with any of your investment, perhaps leverage using alts? Or are you holding for the long game?

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:03:51 PM

That is proving to be a very nice entry to the market now. Do you plan on day trading with any of your investment, perhaps leverage using alts? Or are you holding for the long game?

Long.  I want to sell half in 2 years towards a new house.  Or hopefully I can use them instead of having to convert to fiat.  The rest will be held for at least 10 years. 
podyx
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:12:18 PM

I'm thinking of taking a huge fucking loan but i'm kinda afraid that my money will get stuck in limbo somewhere/scammed.
pinksheep

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:13:02 PM

I like this article a lot Smiley I didn't know that Amazon had anything bitcoin-related planned. Hopefully, it'll help bring forward the day when we all celebrate being millionaires  Grin

http://www.benzinga.com/tech/14/06/4605694/actions-by-3-fortune-500-companies-signal-bitcoins-price-may-surge-in-2014

PRIMEDICE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: