Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:06:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: artforz and coblee gpu mining litecoin since the start?  (Read 32573 times)
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 02:58:59 AM

You do know change is part of improving something right?

No, improvements are part of improving something, you fucking twat.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 05:23:35 AM

The biggest change that you could easily do to massively improve Solidcoin would be for you to never surface publicly again.

Want to know my secret for killing Solidcoin with 9 out of 10 people or places that look at it seriously? I simply have them look at the Solidcoin 2 Genesis Block and read for themselves the garbage you put in there.

It speaks volumes on your maturity level and state of mind.

~BCX~

+1 billion dollars (raises pinky)  Grin

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 07:33:49 AM

The biggest change that you could easily do to massively improve Solidcoin would be for you to never surface publicly again.

Want to know my secret for killing Solidcoin with 9 out of 10 people or places that look at it seriously? I simply have them look at the Solidcoin 2 Genesis Block and read for themselves the garbage you put in there.

It speaks volumes on your maturity level and state of mind.

Uh I think you mean the hash code right? The genesis block only contains a short sentence about the US recession. Just point them to the hash code in util.cpp as that contains the funny facts about artforz. Or point out the numerous source code comments containing swears!

I think we should be afraid of your secret weapon, because your past "Secret weapons" which were meant to destroy SC all failed. What's this your like 5th attempt at failing again? Didn't you say you had 5 million SolidCoins at one stage (when there was only 2 million available) ? Haha. Time to go dump the imaginary 5 million coins to crash the price eh, it's just doing too well at the moment.

Must really grind your goat to see us doing so well. Every post of yours talking about SolidCoin is like another gold coin in my pocket. Keep it coming!

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 02:21:42 PM

...SolidCoin is outpacing Bitcoin development...

...We likely aren't going to extend SolidCoin outside of being a transaction based carrier, and let people build other stuff on top of that network. This way it's easier for us to concentrate on what needs improving and other people can solve things using that simplicity.

Any plans for multisignature transactions, or will that be handled externally? Gavin had to shut down his escrow service when it conflicted with the plan for Bitcoin.
CoinHunter (OP)

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 02:55:17 PM

...SolidCoin is outpacing Bitcoin development...

...We likely aren't going to extend SolidCoin outside of being a transaction based carrier, and let people build other stuff on top of that network. This way it's easier for us to concentrate on what needs improving and other people can solve things using that simplicity.

Any plans for multisignature transactions, or will that be handled externally? Gavin had to shut down his escrow service when it conflicted with the plan for Bitcoin.

We're dropping the crappy "Script" engine we inherited from Bitcoin very soon. And that will handle multisig (and everything else) in a much faster and neater fashion. Personally I don't see that much excitement around multisig but some of the other developers think it is a must have.

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 03:27:05 PM

Forum moderation of this board is still around?  Is the board just being ignored?  With recent lingering posts it seems as if civility has been thrown out the window all together... I mean seriously are we all allowed to start running around calling each other [for illustration purposes] "Gypsy goat fucking assholes who fuck their Jew mothers behind the $1 whore house" [for illustration purposes] or something?  Can those kinds of posts be wiped or censored at the very least?

These last few weeks have clearly demonstrated that forum moderation and cultivation of this community, and Bitcoin, are not priorities for the moderators.

It really has become disheartening how this place is turning to shit while management sits in their ivory towers and hides behind the cowardly shield of "we won't censor".

These are "the official" Bitcoin forums, and I'm calling out management on doing a fucking pathetic job.

Theymos needs to step down.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 03:33:45 PM

Except the gold coins in his pocket are the imaginary chocolate ones.

ShortBusCoin is like a box of chocolates, when exposed to light and heat, it melts.

Run Forrest, run.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:06:19 PM

+1 billion dollars (raises pinky)  Grin

OMFG Smoothie out of nowhere!  Where have you been?

Mousepotato
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:15:24 PM

Unlike Bitcoin we don't want to support a protocol developed in 2009 when we have more knowledge on how a true p2p currency should work.

I'm having trouble reconciling this statement with... what ? You're on the 3rd major protocol-breaking rev of SolidCoin now since 2011 ?

Soon to be 4th.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:22:29 PM

Unlike Bitcoin we don't want to support a protocol developed in 2009 when we have more knowledge on how a true p2p currency should work.

I'm having trouble reconciling this statement with... what ? You're on the 3rd major protocol-breaking rev of SolidCoin now since 2011 ?

Soon to be 4th.

Begs the question, if he has more knowledge of how a true p2p currency should work, why has it taken him 4 protocol revs so far, and he still hasn't gotten it right ?

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 04:44:37 PM

If you're willing to swallow the pill of centralized control, then are protocol-breaking changes really a problem? You shouldn't have to worry about being on the wrong side of a fork if your client gets its confirmation from a trusted source instead of its own calculations.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 08:13:31 PM

It's no different than trusting random individuals in BTC (which you do whether you know it or are too deluded not to -- *hint* you trust every node you connect to on the BTC network, maybe it just feels better to you that they are faceless and random?)....

No you don't.  The client DISTRUSTS every node it meets on the network.  That is why it downloads a complete copy of the blockchain to ensure it can trace every transaction back to an origination block.

Every communication, transaction, node list, or block the client receives is verified before acting upon.  Each node will refuse to forward information it considers invalid.  The node strives to get large number of geo-diverse nodes to connect with to ensure it has clear access to the network at large.

TL/DR:
You aren't just wrong you are 180 deg wrong.
The Bitcoin client treats every other node as potentially hostile and looks at all data received from the network with distrust.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
February 16, 2012, 09:24:05 PM

You aren't just wrong you are 180 deg wrong.
The Bitcoin client treats every other node as potentially hostile and looks at all data received from the network with distrust.

So you don't believe it to be possible to be isolated by poison nodes?  You don't believe that if you have enough poison nodes isolating you then you also in fact start acting as a poison node whether you like it or not?  By the simple case that these are possible scenarios your client does trust it's connections to a great degree, it trusts majority rule and I am willing to bet that of the likely 8 connections that most casual/moderate clients/miners have it would not be overly hard for someone to start isolating these nodes and they wouldn't even know it was happening, as they "convince" enough nodes that they are the good nodes and truly legit nodes are the bad ones is it really hard to see how this goes?  So yes you do trust the nodes you connect to, there is really not much of a choice if you didn't trust them the odds would be good that you would not stay connected to the same nodes for long, you would continually seek new nodes in the hopes that there is no way to become isolated by poison nodes for a majority of your connections.

Well my node has 287 connections right now (and for unrelated purposes I have a instance of bitcoind running on amazon EC 2000 miles away) so it is unlikely (although not impossible).  Still even if isolated my node will still treat EVERYTHING as untrusted until verified internally which is why your claim is full of shit.

So it isn't possible for poison node to provide fake proof of a transaction, or provide fake blocks.  The poison nodes (if they have 100% control of information to my node) could prevent me from seeing information but that is about it.  Even in a rare instance of information blackout the fact that the client/node DOESN'T trust anything it gets from the network limits the scope of any attacks that poison node could make.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
February 17, 2012, 01:35:36 AM

Please see: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64239.0

Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 08:25:50 AM

I wasted some time to read this topic from beginning, so... There is the miner?  Grin
Nachtwind

Activity: 700
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 10:17:36 AM

I wasted some time to read this topic from beginning, so... There is the miner?  Grin

None that was ever released... mtrlt claims to have one.. buuuut...
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 10:32:45 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2012, 10:46:56 AM by dishwara

But the graph in http://pool-x.eu/net says 67.2 % litecoin mined by unknown

51% attack going on  HuhHuhHuh??
pooler

Activity: 838

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 11:09:15 AM

But the graph in http://pool-x.eu/net says 67.2 % litecoin mined by unknown

[img]

51% attack going on  HuhHuhHuh??

The total network speed is probably computed using the "getnetworkhashps" RPC call, which can be very inaccurate after difficulty retargets, even when the difficulty doesn't change significantly.

In addition, the 15 MH/s miner that made an appearance at litecoinpool.org a few days ago has now (quite rightly) switched to solo mining. By the way, I have talked with this miner, and I am now pretty sure that this is neither a botnet nor a GPU farm.

BTC: 15MRTcUweNVJbhTyH5rq9aeSdyigFrskqE · LTC: LTCPooLqTK1SANSNeTR63GbGwabTKEkuS7
Nachtwind

Activity: 700

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 11:18:45 AM

I have been running "a few" computers from a few labs on Litecoin getting several hundred KH and was mining solo... if enough people do that you get a large unknown without large botnets or GPU miners..
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 08:04:21 AM

None that was ever released... mtrlt claims to have one.. buuuut...
I think, that you misunderstood me. Smiley I mean that this topic is associated with this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SboyoievYU

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: