Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:08:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Observer Effect (take 2: over $1000 by 21 July - 8 Aug)  (Read 14209 times)
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:48:10 AM

Normally I would accept technical patterns as good indicators or hints at least of what to expect. But in the case of bitcoin i'm afraid it makes no sense
at all! especially at this stage of it's development. We are driven by events and news not trend.  Adoption rates create a trend in and of themselves, but there are far too many wild card factors moving this market to predict, not least of which:

a) Governments accouncements for or against bitcoin.

b) Mt.Gox type negative events (I'm personally expecting BTC-e.com to be a repeat of that, they are so cloaked in secrecy it stuns me anyone would ever send money there!.)

c) Retail adoption rates. This is accelerating, and the competition is hotting up in that space as the bitpays of this world try to establish themselves as no 1.

d) Global financial market, as it melts bitcoin goes up, try predicting when THAT will happen!

e) The emergence of regulation for bitcoin companies.

f) Remitance adoption, probably the biggest short term driver as this is the one that is so tangible and doable now. At the moment only 0.02% of the world are using bitcoin!

g) Individual country issues (Argentina debt default for example) citizens piling into bitcoin to prevent a repeat of previous collapse there.

The list goes on and on... and you want to try and predict with a chart?Huh?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JulieFig (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:33:50 AM

Normally I would accept technical patterns as good indicators or hints at least of what to expect. But in the case of bitcoin i'm afraid it makes no sense
at all! especially at this stage of it's development. We are driven by events and news not trend.  Adoption rates create a trend in and of themselves, but there are far too many wild card factors moving this market to predict, not least of which:

b) Mt.Gox type negative events (I'm personally expecting BTC-e.com to be a repeat of that, they are so cloaked in secrecy it stuns me anyone would ever send money there!.)

c) Retail adoption rates. This is accelerating, and the competition is hotting up in that space as the bitpays of this world try to establish themselves as no 1.

d) Global financial market, as it melts bitcoin goes up, try predicting when THAT will happen!

f) Remitance adoption, probably the biggest short term driver as this is the one that is so tangible and doable now. At the moment only 0.02% of the world are using bitcoin!

g) Individual country issues (Argentina debt default for example) citizens piling into bitcoin to prevent a repeat of previous collapse there.

Calm down, it's just a harmless little exercise. I'm more just curious to see how it goes, and I'm certainly not advocating basing trades on this prediction (for lack of a better term).

We all know bitcoin, the first phenomenon of its kind, is by its very nature unpredictable. Charts and whimsical predictions just allow us to think we have some measure of control over something that is inherently uncontrollable. Where's the harm in that?

1ACcUJkhaCjb9LuzdHkuTj3rEwhx5PZ3mk
howardb

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:11:19 PM

Calm down, it's just a harmless little exercise. I'm more just curious to see how it goes, and I'm certainly not advocating basing trades on this prediction (for lack of a better term).

We all know bitcoin, the first phenomenon of its kind, is by its very nature unpredictable. Charts and whimsical predictions just allow us to think we have some measure of control over something that is inherently uncontrollable. Where's the harm in that?

You are misreading me, i'm not agitated at all! simply pointing out the pointless nature of the discussion. But I agree, no harm in it at all.
trader001

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:45:04 AM

Don't forget government also going after gambling website which uses bitcoin.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4465

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:48:23 AM

Which government? Which gambling websites in which countries?

Why is this supposed to matter?
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:04:43 AM

All these prediction threads are hilarious.

Under construction.
madmat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 08:39:34 AM

You seem to forget USA is not the only country in the world.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:04:17 PM

This. Bunch of morons who have no idea what they're talking about

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:06:41 PM

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
the_poet
Legendary

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:44:33 PM

I'll tell you a little secret: nobody can predict anything, unless you're the one (or one of those) influencing the market.

Under construction.
Raystonn

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:49:24 PM

I'll tell you a little secret: nobody can predict anything, unless you're the one (or one of those) influencing the market.

It sounds to me like you're predicting that nobody can predict anything.
the_poet
Legendary

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:51:34 PM

This is not a prediction, but a fact.

Under construction.
Raystonn

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:57:31 PM

This is not a prediction, but a fact.

Assuming you actually mean that nobody can accurately predict anything, and not just make a prediction, you'd have to wait to see what happens in the future to check if you are right.  Making a statement about what will or will not happen in the future is a prediction.  So you've made a prediction.
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:49:10 PM

We will see btc breaking through 100000 in 2016,

*-* posts like this make my tears off of happiness *-*
crocko

Activity: 826

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:22:30 PM

Hello !
What it is wrong with your graph?
You have predicted for the July 2014, a Bitcoin price of $4,900 or at least $1,000 ..
Here we are now in July, and in fact the BTC price still bouncing around the $600  Huh

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:24:28 PM

Hello !
You have predicted for the July 2014, a Bitcoin price of $4,900 or at least $1,000 ..
Here we are now in July, and in fact the BTC price still bouncing around the $600  Huh

July is not over yet.
crocko

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:42:20 PM

Hello !

July is not over yet.
I like your optimism !
But I don't see any major event on the horizon which can affect the BTC price.
There is only one exception: Winklevoss Bitcoin ETF, but this will not happen in July..

BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 02:50:33 PM

Hello !

July is not over yet.

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Bbbbbaby you just ain't seen nothing yet!
crocko

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:05:21 PM

Hello !

July is not over yet.

I agree with you guys, but I am tired to wait for that day when the BTC will worth "something".
At this price of $600, you can't do to much with a BTC. Even if you purchase an ASIC, you will never get ROI..
IMHO ~ $600 it is not a good price for the top coin of this world.

Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:09:34 PM

Hello !

July is not over yet.

I agree with you guys, but I am tired to wait for that day when the BTC will worth "something".
At this price of $600, you can't do to much with a BTC. Even if you purchase an ASIC, you will never get ROI..
IMHO ~ $600 it is not a good price for the top coin of this world.

Why would you buy a mining machine - buy more bitcoin instead. You will get more coins for your fiat buying at market, and get a better return if the price goes up.
That graph above is not fact, its a prediction based on prior patterns , predictions don't have to be right, patterns do not have to repeat. Have some patience.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: