Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:38:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BitCoin faucets really worth the time?  (Read 17428 times)
KimNam

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:09:59 AM

too bad, claim satoshi from faucet is very little now
hard to find 1000 satoshi on average per claim now
it's only 200-300 / claim Sad
to true mate.
and thats $1 or $2 after spending god knows how many hours of your time visitng the site.

I remember back in 2012 you could do a survey and get 0.5 bitcoins.. those were the days Sad

To be honest, no.

I think that they are just time wasters. Unless, you want to make 1 or 2 dollars.
wow very big paying survey  Shocked
if we calculate from recent price Tongue
how much 1 BTC priices in USD when that surveys give you 0.5 BTC?
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 12:05:53 PM

I am still doing them from time to time Tongue i wouldnt say they are worth it but its something (as im online most of the time anyway, so a small click on 3-4 sites wont affect much)
Made about 90k doge and 0.02 btc in 2 weeks Smiley So its not too bad.
KimNam

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:35:52 PM

I am still doing them from time to time Tongue i wouldnt say they are worth it but its something (as im online most of the time anyway, so a small click on 3-4 sites wont affect much)
how much do you spent for faucet in hours everday?
0.02 BTC is not bad for faucet i think
maybe when you become member, you can easily get more than it if you join signature campaign Grin
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:40:03 PM

maybe when you become member, you can easily get more than it if you join signature campaign Grin

0.02 btc in 2 weeks is actually better than i thought -- you've gotta be putting in a good amount of time, right? that seems worth it IF you can roll those BTC into bigger gains, by trading for instance.
edmundduke
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:25:36 PM

0.02 btc in 2 weeks is actually better than i thought -- you've gotta be putting in a good amount of time, right? that seems worth it IF you can roll those BTC into bigger gains, by trading for instance.

Well, lets say a VPN and referral system works in my favor. I also ALWAYS play the "multiply your coin" game but i dont go too greedy.

I use a system that i like. When i reach for example 700+ Doge or roughly the same in bitcoin i start betting. I use 2 or 4 doge and roll "Under" with 4 and then if i win "Over" with 4. If i loose i simply duplicate the amount so if i loose "Under" with 4 i go "Over" with 8.
This way im always in the positive. The main thing is not to push your luck!! Doing it for 100 rolls or so is ok Wink depends on the day but i havent lost on faucet rolls with that system.
Ive also had some lucky rolls Smiley had a 30k satoshi roll today.

I know its not much, but if you are from a country where the average salary is really low, every bit helps. Besides im just discovering trading and different coins so i take it all as a learning experience!
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:44:15 PM

.02 BTC is still only ~$12 with bitcoin @ $600. In order to earn this much, even if you only spent one hour per day on these sites you would only be making ~$0.85 per hour.

It would not be realistic to be able to earn .02 BTC over 14 hours regardless.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Gimmelfarb

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:52:39 PM

.02 BTC is still only ~$12 with bitcoin @ $600. In order to earn this much, even if you only spent one hour per day on these sites you would only be making ~$0.85 per hour.

It would not be realistic to be able to earn .02 BTC over 14 hours regardless.

it's not much, but to be honest, and i won't state my actual bitcoin holdings, but they are surely considerable to anyone in the newbie forum or anyone doing signature advertising. and i built my way up from $160 1.5 years ago. trading gains can be so large, specifically with altcoins, that the days are not over of putting in $100 and making $10,000 from it in a relatively short time....
edmundduke
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:02:25 PM

Exactly! Trading is the way to go. And you can start with 0.02btc ! I know the gains are also smaller, but one has to start somewhere, and even if i loose that 0.0x btc it wont matter much! Its the experience you gain from it that makes it all worthwhile in the end Smiley
thisisverypointless

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:38:24 PM

Depends on how lucky you are really,

I managed to win $0.3 from freebitco.in (not much but its something for nothing)

Also managed to make about 0.0002 from Luckycheckin and thats hardly been up for a week

Gimmelfarb

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:41:54 PM

Exactly! Trading is the way to go. And you can start with 0.02btc ! I know the gains are also smaller, but one has to start somewhere, and even if i loose that 0.0x btc it wont matter much! Its the experience you gain from it that makes it all worthwhile in the end Smiley

yes, the gains start small from that point -- it's not the same as getting in during early 2013. but, that's when i got in -- and it wasn't the same as 2010 or 2011. so, i think there are still lots of gains to be made, for both big and small fish. Smiley
beaknuke

Activity: 412

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:52:02 PM

Well yes I do Faucets since I started around March and it has been helpful for me to see how it all works here in the bitcoin world.  Although its only small change which in previous years I would just give loose fiat away.

Freebitcoin / FreeDogecoin and the Zebra site are the main ones I do, I dont have any referrals so I make do.

It has that feeling of turning 'Nothing into Something'

Chemistry1988
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:18:50 AM

For those that do faucets: What is the average payout per faucet. And what do you generate in a day, or in a week? I'd be curious to know. Historically, any BTC you can get your hands on pays off pretty big.

+/- 300 Satoshi per hour on average, and even less it seems. 10 hours per day = 3000 Satoshi per faucet per day. 21 000 Satoshi per week. 84 000 per month.

If you do 10 faucets 10 times a day for a month = 840 000 Satoshi's per month. {At current price = +/- $5 US per month}

Well if the price of BTC doubled, the value of those Satoshi's would also have doubled, but it's still very little.

I knew faucets pay very little and don't worth my time at all, but this is even worse than my expectations...
Good to see that you have now joined the 777coin sig program, and hopefully you are earning a lot more bitcoin now.
Azgalush

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:12:30 AM

The only faucets I recommend are www.luckycheckin.com and www.freebitco.in or you could also try the www.landofbitcoin.com faucet, it has a nice twist on it.
KimNam

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:33:33 PM

Well, lets say a VPN and referral system works in my favor. I also ALWAYS play the "multiply your coin" game but i dont go too greedy.

I use a system that i like. When i reach for example 700+ Doge or roughly the same in bitcoin i start betting. I use 2 or 4 doge and roll "Under" with 4 and then if i win "Over" with 4. If i loose i simply duplicate the amount so if i loose "Under" with 4 i go "Over" with 8.
This way im always in the positive. The main thing is not to push your luck!! Doing it for 100 rolls or so is ok Wink depends on the day but i havent lost on faucet rolls with that system.
Ive also had some lucky rolls Smiley had a 30k satoshi roll today.

I know its not much, but if you are from a country where the average salary is really low, every bit helps. Besides im just discovering trading and different coins so i take it all as a learning experience!
so it's from free gambling profit Grin
i thought it's pure from faucet

The only faucets I recommend are www.luckycheckin.com and www.freebitco.in or you could also try the www.landofbitcoin.com faucet, it has a nice twist on it.
nlandofbitcoin really wasting time
even there is a faucet only give us below 50 sat Sad
Yeezus

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:38:52 PM

I wouldn't recommend any faucets. They really aren't worth the time.

Draksum

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:43:06 PM

the only faucets i use are freebitco.in and freedoge.co.in except for some of the POS coins as they help generate more weight
saif92

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 03:49:18 PM

Every person have his own choice you cannot say that these have no worth some members taking good benefit from them and enjoying and some don't like them

Chumlee

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:06:13 PM

faucets are a waste of time considering the minimum wage

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
InwardContour

Merit: 260

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:37:54 PM

Every person have his own choice you cannot say that these have no worth some members taking good benefit from them and enjoying and some don't like them

The amount you will make is so incredibly small that faucets are not worth (almost) anyone's time.

Users often do not do the math to see how much they will earn using faucets, instead they just keep visiting faucets until they receive a payout after several hours of work only to see that they have earned only a few cents.
beaknuke

Activity: 412

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:17:01 PM

I dont have any ref's but I have been using LTC4U since March, not everyday I am spinning the Numbers but quite often, the 2 micoLTC it gives u means nothing really, I did win in the Raffle once which gave me aroundd 2000 microLTC, however I just done my first withdraw and it converts to the value of 1p GBP, WOW was it worth it... NO!

Although LTC is hitting rock bottom, I do like the design of the site, very slick but payout is terrible.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: