Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 03:15:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Approves Bitcoin Wallets  (Read 9443 times)
BillyBobJoe

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:23:04 PM

Yes. This is more about market share for bit coin than an apple vs android thing.

Yes, exactly. That is how it should be.
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 04:32:26 PM

All we need now is a bigger iPhone.  That screen is far too small. Grin
Exergy

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:15:28 PM

Have any apps actually been approved following this chance which support bitcoin? The wording of the new terms is a bit vague, so the proof is in the pudding I guess.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:44:52 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/278hbm/coinjar_with_sending_function_enabled_on_ios/

^ Updated CoinJar already working on iOS in various territories.

Positively surprised indeed! Let's hope they don't go and do a China later on Smiley

Careful guys, there are also comments that the app steals coins. Not sure if bogus but no reason to download and use unless absolutely necessary.
Use only small amounts of BTC.

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
steeev

Activity: 128
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:18:56 AM

Apple announce this in the wake of the Bilderberg conference in Copenhagen - dunno if they were there, but i heard Google were, and the question 'Does privacy exist ?' was discussed...
BitcoinBulls

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 12:38:58 AM

Looks like we were wrong to doubt Apple in this regard, but damn does it feel good to be wrong about this one!

http://bitcoinbulls.com/coinjar-bitcoin-trading-app-store/

cryptopaths

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Crypto Knight

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:08:11 AM

Is there a list of clients currently available for apple?
Musent

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:15:44 AM

This looks like it, maybe why we are once again going up after the big drop off.
This might really start things rolling.

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-apps-in-the-app-store-2014-6

It looks like Apple has updated its app developer guidelines today to allow for Bitcoin apps.

The new clause under section 11.17, which was flagged by folks on Twitter like investor Bill Lee today https://twitter.com/westcoastbill/status/473555837982900226, reads:

Apps may facilitate transmission of approved virtual currencies provided that they do so in compliance with all state and federal laws for the territories in which the app functions.

That sounds like Bitcoin!
Wow, huge news for BTC.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 03:16:07 AM

Bitcoin, you have made it!

Apple haters say what you want, but if Apple has stamped bitcoin as okay, others will follow. 

The fact of the matter is that Apple has a well defined and very conservative line.  If bitcoin is good enough for Apple, lots of other organizations will think it is okay and good enough for them too. 

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 06:15:14 AM

Apple haters say what you want, but if Apple has stamped bitcoin as okay, others will follow. 

The fact of the matter is that Apple has a well defined and very conservative line.  If bitcoin is good enough for Apple, lots of other organizations will think it is okay and good enough for them too. 

It opens up another group to bit coin. Apple users are a very loyal group.

forever21

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:32:27 AM

apple seems to have a only baseline for btc and some bitcoin ticker but i havent seen any wallet application from them
well hopefully they will update it soon its nice to have an on the go wallet while you are away from your computer and using an apple phone when android is not available
Musent

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 12:36:07 PM

The sheeple will definitely follow with this.
BSIG

Activity: 75

Vintage4X4

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2014, 04:57:10 PM

apple seems to have a only baseline for btc and some bitcoin ticker but i havent seen any wallet application from them
well hopefully they will update it soon its nice to have an on the go wallet while you are away from your computer and using an apple phone when android is not available

Blockchain wallet app is still up and running for jb'd devices, non jbd though had to get them prior 12/13.

The appstore even had a cpu miner for mining scrypt coins only hashing at a measly 32khs, u had to set up a stratum proxy elsewhere though, perfect for when everyones iphone is mining for your account.  Grin

AAPL should allow Bitcoin wallet apps provided the source is available for peer review.

Vintage4X4
forever21

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:11:51 PM

Blockchain wallet app is still up and running for jb'd devices, non jbd though had to get them prior 12/13.

The appstore even had a cpu miner for mining scrypt coins only hashing at a measly 32khs, u had to set up a stratum proxy elsewhere though, perfect for when everyones iphone is mining for your account.  Grin

AAPL should allow Bitcoin wallet apps provided the source is available for peer review.

how does it work and what kind of application is that?  Shocked can you pm me the details Grin
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:57:26 PM

Coinjar Returns to Apple app store.

http://www.coindesk.com/coinjar-apple-app-store-features-restored/

We were  waiting for this and its happening now more good news coming for bitcoin communites.

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 06, 2014, 07:54:07 AM

Coinjar Returns to Apple app store.

We were  waiting for this and its happening now more good news coming for bitcoin communites.

Awesome. Now if i can just remember my apple id password.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 02:33:28 PM

First Apple, and now a few days later Facebook is allowing apps for tipping in crypto. 

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:41:45 PM

anyone seen any wallets on the app store?
as of now I have not

From what I read one company with the function to send bitcoin had apps and people had sent through it, but it was only in about 10 countries, and the US wasn't one of them. 

Apple makes an app store for each country, so the content of the app stores very a lot. 

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 04:45:29 PM

anyone seen any wallets on the app store?
as of now I have not

From what I read one company with the function to send bitcoin had apps and people had sent through it, but it was only in about 10 countries, and the US wasn't one of them. 

Apple makes an app store for each country, so the content of the app stores very a lot. 
I'm in AUS and I currently do not see anything

If you are in AUS, can you find an app called coinjar?

Catmoonglow

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:47:01 PM

The comments say the app developer is a scammer and it's not safe to use the application.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: