Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:05:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Approves Bitcoin Wallets  (Read 9437 times)
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 12:57:05 AM

After apple "bans" bitcoin and caused all sorts of drama, now they support it?

I remember several users pledged to destroy their iphones and recorded it when apple initially banned the use of bitcoin apps. Funny stuff.

There was no regulation for bitcoin. Apple was doing what they had to do to protect themselves. Living is the past and faulting someone for not accepting bitcoin earlier isn't going to help expand Bitcoin into what we want it to be. Now that Apple is allowing bitcoin into their store, why not give praise where it's due? It was a smart decision and everyone will benefit from it.

I think apple had previously banned the bitcoin apps so they could study and understand Bitcoin better so they could develop policies about their apps to protect themselves and their images

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
forever21

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:30:36 AM

After apple "bans" bitcoin and caused all sorts of drama, now they support it?

I remember several users pledged to destroy their iphones and recorded it when apple initially banned the use of bitcoin apps. Funny stuff.

There was no regulation for bitcoin. Apple was doing what they had to do to protect themselves. Living is the past and faulting someone for not accepting bitcoin earlier isn't going to help expand Bitcoin into what we want it to be. Now that Apple is allowing bitcoin into their store, why not give praise where it's due? It was a smart decision and everyone will benefit from it.

I think apple had previously banned the bitcoin apps so they could study and understand Bitcoin better so they could develop policies about their apps to protect themselves and their images

what could it be? lol so it is just mean that applke is afraid of bitcoin?  Shocked in that case well i thibnk that was a dumb excuses dev and some people used bitcoins
bitcoins can make apple more popular and vice versa what is the used of their regulation when they have some bitcoin related apps but they dont have any wallet lol but it could be more safe to have a bitcoin wallet on ios than android
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:37:08 AM

We were all better off sticking to Android, the best option for bitcoin enthusiast.
Its About Sharing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:44:35 PM

We were all better off sticking to Android, the best option for bitcoin enthusiast.

I agree in part. The HUGE problem is security. Catch 22 situation here.
I understand hot wallets should not have much in them, but the idea of having a wallet on Android (at this time) is a bit scary.
I just trust Apple products a lot more here.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 05:36:07 PM

The Blockchain.info CEO showed a few screenshots of what the new blockchain.info iphone app will look like

http://newsbtc.com/2014/06/18/nic-cary-teases-new-blockchain-wallet-apple-ios/
forever21

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:43:15 AM

bitwallet and coinbase is now on apple i guess the rumor is true i am currently downloading the bitwallet apps
FlowerMatt

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:05:04 AM

Oooh SHIT. Nice. If this refers to bitcoin (as an 'approved currency') then Bitcoin became just a little more frictionless for millions of users virtually overnight as everyone releases their apps.

FlowerMatt

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:06:49 AM

Awesome move. Respect to all the individuals and companies working tirelessly to build an awesome ecosystem with or without Apple that has gained momentum and credibility in the face of some of the worst dirt (e.g. Silkroad, CryptoLocker, Mt. Gox) a product can imagine, to the extent that it's now so credible and well-spoken about that a company like Apple reverses its decision.

FlowerMatt

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:08:46 AM

Let's hope this ends up being as it sounds.

tigeRshoes

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:14:56 AM

As someone finishing development of an HTML5 wallet targeted at Apple users...
Fuck.
DumDumz

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:31:13 AM

The comments say the app developer is a scammer and it's not safe to use the application.

kresimirnovakovic

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:46:55 AM

I agree, because it allows for greater flexibility, especially when it comes to multiple-coin support and features. Some features are available to android devices' apps that simply are not available to the sandboxed walled garden of Apple and its approval process.

(I may be a bit biased though, I have always loved customisability to bits and that was the reason that I got my phone (nexus 5) and use the operating system that I do (debian))
rhino34567

Activity: 288

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:25:21 AM

The comments say the app developer is a scammer and it's not safe to use the application.
What app are we talking about here?

Judging by the fact that those pictures of blockchain.info were shown, my guess is that it has not been submitted yet. I'm anxiously waiting for it.

forever21

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:31:53 AM

who will use an application from a not trusted person Cheesy of course people still choose blockchain or offline wallet to protect their coins the only good things about smartphone is you can carry it on the go if you dont know how to use paper wallet then ios/android apps is the last resort
JypsiCreme

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:47:31 AM

As someone finishing development of an HTML5 wallet targeted at Apple users...
Fuck.

HTML5 = cross-platform. That has value.
StatusSeeking

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:57:45 AM

This is true.
The effort wouldn't be all in vain, it's just that the main motivation in making the app was to provide an option for Apple users. If they have the choice of an in-browser HTML5 app and a native app from the store, the native app will probably win Wink
PalmerLaura

Activity: 116

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:26:55 AM

This is true.
The effort wouldn't be all in vain, it's just that the main motivation in making the app was to provide an option for Apple users. If they have the choice of an in-browser HTML5 app and a native app from the store, the native app will probably win Wink

The problem with the native app is that we've been burned by Apple already on this issue. It's like the abusive mate coming back home with flowers and saying, "I'm not going to hit anymore."

PalmerLaura

Activity: 116

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:28:57 AM

This is true.

We don't know when Apple will lose it's cool and start slapping us around again. That native app might lose support and worst case scenario, it's removed suddenly during a software update and I have no recourse to getting those coins.
I'd prefer an in-browser HTML5 app.

cccarnation

Activity: 146

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 08:42:08 AM

This is true.

PhoneGap/Cordova it and then you have a native app too

illymoka

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:04:13 AM

This is true.

No, because being able to log onto my wallet without having to use my iPhone is primordial.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: