Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:43:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IMET’s response to AMT (Advanced Mining Technology Inc) negative allegations  (Read 3934 times)
IMET (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:34:25 AM

IMET is a reputable contract manufacturing and product development company that has been in business for 14 years.  Our reputation is utmost important, so we wanted to address the negative allegations presented by AMT and Josh Zipkin. 

IMET was contracted to build Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for AMT miners in February of 2014.  The Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) were built to print from various design revisions that were supplied by AMT through Bitmine.  IMET did supply the parts and any part substitutions/placement changes were approved in advance by Bitmine and/or AMT.  IMET does not buy parts from the gray market.  Per our ISO-9000 requirements, we only purchase parts from approved vendors.

After thorough inspection including AOI (Automatic Optical Inspection), the PCBs were delivered to AMT.  Prior to delivery, IMET did verify that the individual PCBs would hash at approximately 200gh/s.  The only discrepancy seen was when there were bad cores in an A1 chip.  In this case, the hash rate was lower depending on the number of working cores.   

AMT was responsible for the mechanical designs, thermal designs (heatsinks), assembly, final test and QC.  The IMET engineering team can confirm that the boards (hash, main, and backplane) worked fine as delivered prior to processing by AMT.

IMET is very competitive in our industry and the prices we charged AMT were fair and reasonable for the work that we did.  Some engineering time was gratis to help keep things moving.  During our last meeting, Josh/AMT wrote a check for services rendered but the bank account had inadequate funds. 

The material that was still left in the shop is being held as collateral until final payment is made.  In the meantime, the IMET engineering team used new boards that were never in AMT’s possession to build up working miners.  The problem is not in the electronics hardware; however, there are opportunities for the PCBs to be optimized.  IMET will give the manufacturing plans to AMT after payment in full for previous and current services rendered.       

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:46:31 AM

IMET is a reputable contract manufacturing and product development company that has been in business for 14 years.  Our reputation is utmost important, so we wanted to address the negative allegations presented by AMT and Josh Zipkin.  

IMET was contracted to build Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for AMT miners in February of 2014.  The Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) were built to print from various design revisions that were supplied by AMT through Bitmine.  IMET did supply the parts and any part substitutions/placement changes were approved in advance by Bitmine and/or AMT.  IMET does not buy parts from the gray market.  Per our ISO-9000 requirements, we only purchase parts from approved vendors.

After thorough inspection including AOI (Automatic Optical Inspection), the PCBs were delivered to AMT.  Prior to delivery, IMET did verify that the individual PCBs would hash at approximately 200gh/s.  The only discrepancy seen was when there were bad cores in an A1 chip.  In this case, the hash rate was lower depending on the number of working cores.  

AMT was responsible for the mechanical designs, thermal designs (heatsinks), assembly, final test and QC.  The IMET engineering team can confirm that the boards (hash, main, and backplane) worked fine as delivered prior to processing by AMT.

IMET is very competitive in our industry and the prices we charged AMT were fair and reasonable for the work that we did.  Some engineering time was gratis to help keep things moving.  During our last meeting, Josh/AMT wrote a check for services rendered but the bank account had inadequate funds.  

The material that was still left in the shop is being held as collateral until final payment is made.  In the meantime, the IMET engineering team used new boards that were never in AMT’s possession to build up working miners.  The problem is not in the electronics hardware; however, there are opportunities for the PCBs to be optimized.  IMET will give the manufacturing plans to AMT after payment in full for previous and current services rendered.      

I was well aware of Joshua Zipkin writing checks he couldn't honor back in March. Sadly, you ain't the only guys. I'm going to try my best to retrieve the posts proving such, but bear in mind that Josh had me delete a many posts on the old thread prior to firing up his self-moderated thread where ALL my posts were deleted. Now, he has reverted to threatening to kill me.

Josh Zipkin is a highly unstable individual, and you can take that to the bank... Oops! Apologies.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:09:13 AM

IMET is a reputable contract manufacturing and product development company that has been in business for 14 years.  Our reputation is utmost important, so we wanted to address the negative allegations presented by AMT and Josh Zipkin.  

IMET was contracted to build Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) for AMT miners in February of 2014.  The Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) were built to print from various design revisions that were supplied by AMT through Bitmine.  IMET did supply the parts and any part substitutions/placement changes were approved in advance by Bitmine and/or AMT.  IMET does not buy parts from the gray market.  Per our ISO-9000 requirements, we only purchase parts from approved vendors.

After thorough inspection including AOI (Automatic Optical Inspection), the PCBs were delivered to AMT.  Prior to delivery, IMET did verify that the individual PCBs would hash at approximately 200gh/s.  The only discrepancy seen was when there were bad cores in an A1 chip.  In this case, the hash rate was lower depending on the number of working cores.  

AMT was responsible for the mechanical designs, thermal designs (heatsinks), assembly, final test and QC.  The IMET engineering team can confirm that the boards (hash, main, and backplane) worked fine as delivered prior to processing by AMT.

IMET is very competitive in our industry and the prices we charged AMT were fair and reasonable for the work that we did.  Some engineering time was gratis to help keep things moving.  During our last meeting, Josh/AMT wrote a check for services rendered but the bank account had inadequate funds.  

The material that was still left in the shop is being held as collateral until final payment is made.  In the meantime, the IMET engineering team used new boards that were never in AMT’s possession to build up working miners.  The problem is not in the electronics hardware; however, there are opportunities for the PCBs to be optimized.  IMET will give the manufacturing plans to AMT after payment in full for previous and current services rendered.      

I was well aware of Joshua Zipkin writing checks he couldn't honor back in March. Sadly, you ain't the only guys. I'm going to try my best to retrieve the posts proving such, but bear in mind that Josh had me delete a many posts on the old thread prior to firing up his self-moderated thread where ALL my posts were deleted. Now, he has reverted to threatening to kill me.

Josh Zipkin is a highly unstable individual, and you can take that to the bank... Oops! Apologies.

Isn't this site mirrored somewhere, might be able to check there..
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:38:14 AM

https://bitcointa.lk/

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
AMT_miners

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 01:47:23 AM

And this may be the only instance when we highly appreciate that.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 03:28:44 AM

you guys were shady since the beginning... not being open and clear, hiding address pretending as if this was due to security and etc, escaping customers' questions, refunds, trying to reopen new threads just because your shady business was getting exposed... anyway i'm glad my intuition proved me right on fraudsters like you...

And this may be the only instance when we highly appreciate that.
IMET (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 01:08:03 PM

I am posting this here since it was deleted by AMT on the New Official AMT Thread and was in response to continued public deformation of IMET.

Cease and desist on these acts of public deformation of IMET.  The truth will come out in the proper forum based on your lawsuit post.
AMT_miners

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:35:35 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 02:51:14 PM by AMT_miners

I am posting this here since it was deleted by AMT on the New Official AMT Thread and was in response to continued public deformation of IMET.

Cease and desist on these acts of public deformation of IMET.  The truth will come out in the proper forum based on your lawsuit post.

Your previous remarks, posts and comments regarding AMT, our dealings, and just about everything you discussed was a direct breach of contract based on the NDA you signed at the start of our dealings.

Threatening the "mysterious answer" of how to fix the boards for an additional payment you felt was due for a 90% failed production run, was a sleazy thing to do.

Your production is what caused our boards to fail, plain and simple.  We have the original boards and all of them suffer from one specific flaw which after more than one PCB diagnostician analyzed them each came to same conclusion - which is IMET failed to do something vital during their production process. The lack of which caused almost all the modules to fail immediately or shortly there after. Those which lasted through testing did not survive more than a few weeks to a month.

IMET If you care so much about your reputation you'll refund us so that we can refund our clients. Or we'll continue and sue you for a lot more than the refunded amount. You'll also spend about that much during these proceedings especially if we join you in the class action. Think about it.

ON A PUBLIC FORUM  

AS SOON AS IMET ISSUES US A REFUND FOR THE HUNDREDS OF MODULES WE HAVE THAT DO NOT WORK WE WILL REFUND ALL CLIENTS WISHING TO RECEIVE REFUNDS.

WE HAVE PAID IMET OVER 200,000 DOLLARS - THAT'S A LOT OF REFUNDS.  

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:38:27 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 02:49:59 PM by loshia

Cease and desist on these acts of public deformation of IMET.  The truth will come out in the proper forum based on your lawsuit post.

Your previous remarks, posts and comments regarding AMT, our dealings, and just about everything you discussed was a direct breach of contract based on the NDA you signed at the start of our dealings.

Threatening the "mysterious answer" of how to fix the boards for an additional payment you felt was due for a 90% failed production run, was a sleazy thing to do.

Your production is what caused our boards to fail, plain and simple.  We have the original boards and all of them suffer from one specific flaw which after more than one PCB diagnostician analyzed them each came to same conclusion - which is IMET failed to do something vital during their production process. The lack of which caused almost all the modules to fail immediately or shortly there after. Those which lasted through testing did not survive more than a few weeks to a month.

IMET If you care so much about your reputation you'll refund us so that we can refund our clients. Or we'll continue and sue you for a lot more than the refunded amount. You'll also spend about that much during these proceedings especially if we join you in the class action. Think about it.

ON A PUBLIC FORUM 

AS SOON AS IMET ISSUES US A REFUND FOR THE HUNDREDS OF MODULES WE HAVE THAT DO NOT WORK WE WILL REFUND ALL CLIENTS WISHING TO RECEIVE REFUNDS.

STOP FUCKING WITH US.

WE'RE DONE TAKING EVERYONE'S SHIT AND WILL START ACTING ACCORDINGLY DUE TO THE LAWS OF THESE GREAT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Poserko (AKA Zipkin)
Did your customers have paid to IMET?
You are the one who took their money. So it is your problem if IMET are going to refund you or not
You are the one who own money to folks here NOT IMET!!!!
So do not make any connection to IMET and YOUR DEBTS!

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
IMET (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:02:48 AM

Your production is what caused our boards to fail, plain and simple.  We have the original boards and all of them suffer from one specific flaw which after more than one PCB diagnostician analyzed them each came to same conclusion - which is IMET failed to do something vital during their production process. The lack of which caused almost all the modules to fail immediately or shortly there after. Those which lasted through testing did not survive more than a few weeks to a month.

ON A PUBLIC FORUM 

With regards to...Threatening the "mysterious answer" of how to fix the boards for an additional payment you felt was due for a 90% failed production run, was a sleazy thing to do.

IMET response...I can't tell you how to fix the boards because there is nothing wrong with them.  The problem is not the boards.  IMET was responsible for PCB Assembly only and can't be held responsible for anything that happened after the PCB Assemblies were delivered to AMT.  Our final payment from AMT was made on a check from a known closed bank account.  These are the facts.  If AMT wants to slander IMET in public, then IMET has a right to respond.  This is the only reason we are on this forum.
temen

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:14:06 PM

Is this the real imet or some shady scam account.One can never be sure in these. They sound reasonable and the other guy does not. Dont know the whole process. In the business one can not just point ones debt to other so even if there was some mishap happening, even then imet wouldnt be responsible for other than amt. methinks this way?
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:00:35 PM

Is this the real imet or some shady scam account.One can never be sure in these. They sound reasonable and the other guy does not. Dont know the whole process. In the business one can not just point ones debt to other so even if there was some mishap happening, even then imet wouldnt be responsible for other than amt. methinks this way?
Yes of course I agree. You know that me and some other folks here are responsible for amt failure right Grin
Zipkin is just responsible to collect money and to deliver crap or nothing with constant bulshit and lies

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
athgaurd

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:30:31 AM

Cease and desist on these acts of public deformation of IMET.  The truth will come out in the proper forum based on your lawsuit post.

Your production is what caused our boards to fail, plain and simple.  We have the original boards and all of them suffer from one specific flaw which after more than one PCB diagnostician analyzed them each came to same conclusion - which is IMET failed to do something vital during their production process. The lack of which caused almost all the modules to fail immediately or shortly there after. Those which lasted through testing did not survive more than a few weeks to a month.

ON A PUBLIC FORUM  

*Yawn* Heard this one before... except they were blaming phin for their short comings. Hey IMET can I have a refund please? Since AMT can't seem to find their money? If this story is true it has a sense of irony to it... the scammer getting scammed? lol
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 06:57:59 PM

ON A PUBLIC FORUM  

fuck you zipkin. you are a lying piece of shit. you have NEVER told the truth. i wish i had .005BTC for every lie you have told on these boards. how were you going to deliver my miner the "first week of January" when you didn't have the damn PCB's in March? you didnt even have the damn power supplies you were crying about! you have ZERO credibility zipkin. you have lied to everyone. you were writing bad checks!!! right, wrong or indifferent in regards to your complaint with IMET it's ILLEGAL to pass bad checks! nevertheless, writing bad checks is exactly the type of lying and deceitful behavior you have exhibited since day 1. you are a crook and con artist. I will consider it a great deed when you are out of business and no longer stealing money from people like me. you have laughed at the misfortune you have brought upon your customers for the last time. keep shelling out money for this lawsuit. im not done with you yet you disgusting pig.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 1632

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:38:50 PM

Were there any legal proceedings in regards to this?

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 04:17:46 PM

Were there any legal proceedings in regards to this?

yes. ongoing.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:48:43 PM

IMET, did you manufacture this board?

The one with the burn marks?

IMET (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:52:03 AM

https://i.imgur.com/wKyCMsU.jpg
We did make that and it was not damaged when delivered to AMT.  One of two things caused that failure.  Either the backplane was shorted out (likely to the hash board heatsinks) or the backplane was not connected to the hash boards correctly (off by a pin or upside down).
AMT_miners

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:58:54 PM

We did make that and it was not damaged when delivered to AMT.  One of two things caused that failure.  Either the backplane was shorted out (likely to the hash board heatsinks) or the backplane was not connected to the hash boards correctly (off by a pin or upside down).

Or the lack of copper in the board itself cause the trails to overheat. IMET chose to cut costs, we paid the price.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 08:18:46 PM

If that was a short and not an overheat, wouldn't a very short piece of track be totally be destroyed, rather than the longer section we see here?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: