Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:39:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266182 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Givatoshi_Moremoto

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:18:53 PM

Wow! This is really innovative!
Could be the next big thing.

It always was.

It is most innovative coin since BTC came out, look at the fact it has in wallet anon tech on way, and works with exchanges. This coin delivers on promises, works and pure innovation from team.

If this coin is not in the top 5 coins in few months, we know it's cause whales and manipulators are stopping it cause they hold darkcoin or another choosen anon coin.

Cryptoolate

Activity: 250
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:44:58 PM

Wow! This is really innovative!
Could be the next big thing.

It always was.

It is most innovative coin since BTC came out, look at the fact it has in wallet anon tech on way, and works with exchanges. This coin delivers on promises, works and pure innovation from team.

If this coin is not in the top 5 coins in few months, we know it's cause whales and manipulators are stopping it cause they hold darkcoin or another choosen anon coin.

+1 Cryptodaknight

AGATE  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ Facebook Telegram Twitter Medium   ▄▄▄▄▄▄   AGATE
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █    PayPal of Cryptocurrencies     █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
████  Blockchain Protocol + 12 Working Modules - Use Crypto as Cash  ████
Qiuyue201

Activity: 537
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:03:05 AM

Any ideas how high might it get when we hit mintpal?
Try to be reasonable!
thcmakaveli

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:13:40 AM

Try to be reasonable!

Well with 4.5 Million supply, I would say at least 0.001. After we hit mintpal and cryptsy maybe we could taste 0.01 Wink
cryptodaknight

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:15:33 AM

Try to be reasonable!

Well with 4.5 Million supply, I would say at least 0.001. After we hit mintpal and cryptsy maybe we could taste 0.01 Wink

I'd agree, that is conservative and reasonable, if we look at darkcoin prices. But really if it's fully working and rises to cream of the crop prices would be much higher.
Jerfer

Activity: 121

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:34:28 AM

I'm new to proof of stake.

So the APR for Cloak is 6% and I start earning that interest after 6 hours. Does that mean interest is paid (added to my balance) every 6 hours, 4 times a day?

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
zing96

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:36:37 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 12:47:36 AM by zing96

So the APR for Cloak is 6% and I start earning that interest after 6 hours. Does that mean interest is paid (added to my balance) every 6 hours, 4 times a day?

No.  Sorry for the short answer...

Let's say you have 1 deposit of 100 coins.  When those coins reach 6 hours old, they're now eligible for staking.  At 6% annual staking rate, that means you'll get 100*.06 = 6 coins per year, or 6/365 = 0.0164 coins per day.

PoS isn't a bank style interest rate though.  It's similar to PoW mining.  The more coins you have staking, the better chance you'll stake a block.  You can see the PoS difficulty in your wallet by going to Help->Debug Window->Console and typing "getdifficulty".  Currently, Cloak is at 0.00123904.

The amount of coins you have staking is kind of similar to the amount of hash rate you have during mining.  The higher your hash rate, the better chance you have of finding a block.  Same (kind of) thing applies with PoS.  You WILL get 6% per year on your coins, but it doesn't mean you get them every 6 hours.  And unless you got all your coins at the exact same time, all your coins will be of different ages.

At any time you can get your staking "weight" by hovering over the Cloak logo in the lower right.  It will show you approximately how long it will take to receive your stake.

Long story short, no, you don't get them every 6 hours.  Generally speaking if you leave your wallet open, you'll begin to stake.  The more coins you have the more (and faster) you'll stake.  However, once you stake a block, those coins now reset in age.

Does that help?  If I'm incorrect anywhere, please correct me.
Vinculin

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:38:29 AM

Try to be reasonable!

I'd agree, that is conservative and reasonable, if we look at darkcoin prices. But really if it's fully working and rises to cream of the crop prices would be much higher.

$1 USD is not a hard goal. I was with blackcoin before and saw all time low (500 sat).

The lesson that i learnt from BC is the best is yet to come.

Innovative coins (not hype coins) will eventually find its place in the cryptoworld.
Jerfer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:41:54 AM

No.

Kewl.

Nevermind.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
heartastack

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:42:31 AM

So the APR for Cloak is 6% and I start earning that interest after 6 hours. Does that mean interest is paid (added to my balance) every 6 hours?

Not quite. PoS like PoW is a luck-based problem solving algo. The more coins you have is like having more hashing power for PoW. And you have a chance to stake a share in 6% addition of total coin supply. So it's 6% of the 4.5M coins. Not compounded for each wallet as you've suggested (thank god). It's quite reasonable - not enough for people to dump the interest and crash the coin, but enough incentive to hold.

Even this is not 100% true, as it is actually only +6% of coins that are staked. It is unlikely that the whole 4.5 mil will be staking because coins held on the excahange generally are not staked, and some people do not unlock the wallet for staking.
zing96

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:48:10 AM

No.

Kewl.

Nevermind.

I edited my response above to be more specific.  Sorry about that.
szuwi

Activity: 160

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:08:16 AM

i trust you guys, and vote almost every hour!
Jerfer

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:11:23 AM

Not quite. PoS like PoW is a luck-based problem solving algo. The more coins you have is like having more hashing power for PoW. And you have a chance to stake a share in 6% addition of total coin supply. So it's 6% of the 4.5M coins. Not compounded for each wallet as you've suggested (thank god). It's quite reasonable - not enough for people to dump the interest and crash the coin, but enough incentive to hold.

Even this is not 100% true, as it is actually only +6% of coins that are staked. It is unlikely that the whole 4.5 mil will be staking because coins held on the excahange generally are not staked, and some people do not unlock the wallet for staking.

Let's say you have 1 deposit of 100 coins.  When those coins reach 6 hours old, they're now eligible for staking.  At 6% annual staking rate, that means you'll get 100*.06 = 6 coins per year, or 6/365 = 0.0164 coins per day.

PoS isn't a bank style interest rate though.  It's similar to PoW mining.  The more coins you have staking, the better chance you'll stake a block.  You can see the PoS difficulty in your wallet by going to Help->Debug Window->Console and typing "getdifficulty".  Currently, Cloak is at 0.00123904.

The amount of coins you have staking is kind of similar to the amount of hash rate you have during mining.  The higher your hash rate, the better chance you have of finding a block.  Same (kind of) thing applies with PoS.  You WILL get 6% per year on your coins, but it doesn't mean you get them every 6 hours.  And unless you got all your coins at the exact same time, all your coins will be of different ages.

At any time you can get your staking "weight" by hovering over the Cloak logo in the lower right.  It will show you approximately how long it will take to receive your stake.

Long story short, no, you don't get them every 6 hours.  Generally speaking if you leave your wallet open, you'll begin to stake.  The more coins you have the more (and faster) you'll stake.  However, once you stake a block, those coins now reset in age.

Thanks guys! I understand it a lot better now. I'm about to transfer 3,000 CLOAK to my wallet. Can't wait to see the results after the 6 hours.

heartastack

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:22:07 AM

Thanks guys! I understand it a lot better now. I'm about to transfer 3,000 CLOAK to my wallet. Can't wait to see the results after the 6 hours.

with 3k coins you can expect just under 1 cloak per day, averaged over the year. Good luck!
Givatoshi_Moremoto

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:31:26 AM

once your coins stake, it will divide in half, say you transfer 3000 coins and they stake after 6 hours, after staking, you'll have 2x 1500 groups of coins staking, and they will keep dividing in 2s.  4x750, 8x375 so on and on.
so your staking will keep getting smaller but you'll have more of incoming coins in smaller increments. you can however consolidate your coins once in awhile by moving them back and forth between your wallet. you can just create more address. goto coin control feature and click on each groups and send them to your 2nd address.
consolidating your coins will result in refreshing your coin ages, but you will get bigger stake amount at once rather than hundreds of micro interest payments.

I usually consolidate once every couple of days, when I have more than 100 groups of coins. I like getting big blocks of interest rather than bunch of smaller ones. just a preference because it's easier to calculate how much interest I get per day.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:03:20 AM

i trust you guys, and vote almost every hour!

Voted , not every hour but when i remember to  best i can do  Grin

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Xaltotun

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:04:52 AM

Well folks that's it. I didn't become a millionaire overnight and so I sold all my Cloakcoin and bought up a bunch of Glyph.

Just kidding! Grin

...waiting for work to be available on that multipool.

███████▀▄▄███████▄▄
█████▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
███▀▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▄▀█
██▀▄███▀██▀▀     ▀▀███▄
██ ███▀           █▄▀███
██▄███             ██▄███
███▄▀   ▄▄███████▄▄ ██ ██
▀█▀▄ ▄█████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄  ██ ██
  █▀▄██▀▀▄▄█████▀▄█▄██ ██
 █▀▄██ █▀▀     ▄██▄███▄█
██ ██ █▀▄███████▀▄███▄█
██ ███ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄███▀ ▀ ▄█
██ ███▀▀█████████▀ ▄█ ███
▀██ ██             ██ ███
█▄██▄▀█           ███ ███
██▄███▄▀▄▄     ▄ ████ ██
███▄▀▀███████▀▀▀▄███ ██
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▄█▀
█████████████████▀

████▀
█  ███▀  ▀
█  ██▀  ▀
█  █▀  ▀
█  ▀  ▀
█  ▄  ▄
█  █▄  ▄
█  ██▄  ▄
█  ███▄  ▄
    ████▄
||  Ann Thread  ||  Discord  ||  Facebook  ||  Twitter  ||   Github  ||
THE FIRST PYTHON BLOCKCHAIN

▀████
▀  ▀███  █
  ▀  ▀██  █
    ▀  ▀█  █
      ▀  ▀  █
      ▄  ▄  █
    ▄  ▄█  █
  ▄  ▄██  █
▄  ▄███  █
  ▄████
heartastack

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:09:44 AM

Well folks that's it. I didn't become a millionaire overnight and so I sold all my Cloakcoin and bought up a bunch of Glyph.

Just kidding! Grin

I must say I'm very confused that 100's of BTC can flow through a scamcoin like that which remarkably hasn't even promised anything or even detailed what it is meant to be. furthermore if you look in the thread it just got debunked as a direct copy/paste of mastiffcoin without even changing the private key code, giving mastiffcoin devs direct access  Shocked. Just... no words...
zing96

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:19:37 AM

Just kidding! Grin

I must say I'm very confused that 100's of BTC can flow through a scamcoin like that which remarkably hasn't even promised anything or even detailed what it is meant to be. furthermore if you look in the thread it just got debunked as a direct copy/paste of mastiffcoin without even changing the private key code, giving mastiffcoin devs direct access  Shocked. Just... no words...

If you haven't read the Glyph thread, it's entertaining and the fun starts here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644141.msg7357792#msg7357792.  So glad CLOAK is founded on features and competent developers who have delivered.
duru

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:57:04 AM

Just kidding! Grin

If you haven't read the Glyph thread, it's entertaining and the fun starts here:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644141.msg7357792#msg7357792.  So glad CLOAK is founded on features and competent developers who have delivered.

I mailed that dev early on to ask if he had any short term goals or if he was simply going to keep it as a pow/pos for the time being and he replied with...  "yes"

the computer has increased the purse of words
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: