Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:01:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 953 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [CLOAK] Cloakcoin | No Premine | X13 | Decentralized Market and PoSA  (Read 1266168 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bicheng

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:59:17 PM

CLOAKCOIN DEVELOPERS ARE SIMPLY AMAZING.The work efficiency is very high, continue to work hard.
duru

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:05:43 AM

how the hell is uro so far ahead of us? .006 to .05? wow Hope we have a day like that

.006 to .05 to .01 in a few hours = pumped and dumped.  I much prefer cloak's steady rise.

That whole thing there was weird, as was the attention it was getting... I flush urea down the toilet every day, don't really want my money going that route. (I wont post anymore about uro... just a strange wagon to jump on imo)

the computer has increased the purse of words
CryptoAllDay

Activity: 578
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:06:46 AM

OK. I downloaded the new wallet. Now what? (facepalm incoming)  Grin

This wallet fixes a bug in PoS code - you should now begin to stake properly (perhaps after block 59860).  The next update (in several hours) will contain the PoSA code.
Unless I missed something obvious (probably did) I haven't found a way to start the new wallet. Is there a startup exe in one of the folders?

The source was uploaded by accident, the link has been fixed with a working .exe file.

Wait what? Is this something to worry about?
FiatLiberty

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:11:16 AM

OK. I downloaded the new wallet. Now what? (facepalm incoming)  Grin

This wallet fixes a bug in PoS code - you should now begin to stake properly (perhaps after block 59860).  The next update (in several hours) will contain the PoSA code.
Unless I missed something obvious (probably did) I haven't found a way to start the new wallet. Is there a startup exe in one of the folders?

The source was uploaded by accident, the link has been fixed with a working .exe file.

Wait what? Is this something to worry about?

Downloaded new wallet. Works great!
nanoprobe
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Traveling in subspace

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:24:29 AM

Same here. Great work devs!
Got the dreaded LIVEAY32.dll is missing message when I started the new wallet. Fixed it but wondering why I never saw that error with any of the earlier versions of the wallet.  Huh

You'll never know what you're living for until you know what you're willing to die for.
Never look back, something might be gaining on you.
AngusCanine
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

To weird to live To rare to die

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 12:35:25 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 12:56:15 AM by AngusCanine

my wallet is not syncing  stuck on block 55426 as well as my balance has moved over to stake prior to patch and this is not correted by the patch is it because it wont sync , I feel a little helpless here. should I try to delete wallet and start over (yes I have backed up wallet), maybe follow the previous advice ,

1. Make copy of wallet.dat -DO NOT MISS THIS else coin gone
2. Get rid of the entire appdata\roaming\cloakcoin folder
3. Run the wallet
4. stop it and copy your saved wallet.dat back in
5. create a cloakcoin.conf file in the appdata\roaming\cloakcoin folder
6. add some nodes eg this is the content of my file:

Get latest nodes from... http://cloak.blockexplorer.cc/nodes/

7. Run the wallet again and let it sync

I had to restart it a couple of times to get the sync to complete
If your coins don't show (happened to me) : go to debug console and enter and run repairwallet
zing96

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:58:26 AM

my wallet is not syncing  stuck on block 55426 as well as my balance has moved over to stake prior to patch and this is not correted by the patch is it because it wont sync , I feel a little helpless here. should I try to delete wallet and start over (yes I have backed up wallet), maybe follow the previous advice,somebody assure me this will pan out.

A couple things you can do:

1) Get the latest Cloakcoin.conf file -> http://cloak.blockexplorer.cc/nodes/download.php

2) Add it to %appdata%\CloakCoin.

3) Restart your wallet and see if it will catch up.

Also - check to make sure you're on the right fork.  You can verify by going to Help -> Debug Window -> Console.  In that window type:  getblockhash <blocknumber>   Replace <blocknumber> with whatever block number you want to compare the hashes against.  Pick the latest one you can.  For example, if your wallet is stuck on block 55000, type:  getblockhash 55000.  Then compare that hash with the hash of that block in the block explorer.  If they don't match, you're on the wrong fork.  If they do, then you're on the right fork, but just behind.

If all that fails and you're on the right fork, back up your wallet, get that Cloakcoin.conf file and re-download the entire block chain from scratch.  Your coins are safe as long as you have your wallet file.

Edit:  It can and has taken me previously more than 20-30 minutes for it to sync the entire block chain.  At one point I had to restart the wallet several times for it to finish syncing.  This was several versions ago though.  I've not had any issues since I did that.
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:08:55 AM

my wallet is not syncing  stuck on block 55426 as well as my balance has moved over to stake prior to patch and this is not correted by the patch is it because it wont sync , I feel a little helpless here. should I try to delete wallet and start over (yes I have backed up wallet), maybe follow the previous advice,somebody assure me this will pan out.

1) Get the latest Cloakcoin.conf file -> http://cloak.blockexplorer.cc/nodes/download.php

Also - check to make sure you're on the right fork.  You can verify by going to Help -> Debug Window -> Console.  In that window type:  getblockhash <blocknumber>   Replace <blocknumber> with whatever block number you want to compare the hashes against.  Pick the latest one you can.  For example, if your wallet is stuck on block 55000, type:  getblockhash 55000.  Then compare that hash with the hash of that block in the block explorer.  If they don't match, you're on the wrong fork.  If they do, then you're on the right fork, but just behind.

If all that fails and you're on the right fork, back up your wallet, get that Cloakcoin.conf file and re-download the entire block chain from scratch.  Your coins are safe as long as you have your wallet file.

Edit:  It can and has taken me previously more than 20-30 minutes for it to sync the entire block chain.  At one point I had to restart the wallet several times for it to finish syncing.  This was several versions ago though.  I've not had any issues since I did that.

so im on the wrong fork...  what should I do next?
zing96

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:10:12 AM

so im on the wrong fork...  what should I do next?

Delete and re-download the blockchain from scratch.  Sorry - I think TheDagger posted one somewhere so it can give you a head start...

Edit:  Here it is:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg7701317#msg7701317
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:12:00 AM

Delete and re-download the blockchain from scratch.  Sorry - I think TheDagger posted one somewhere so it can give you a head start...

Edit:  Here it is:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg7701317#msg7701317
where can I find that file to delete?
zing96

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:16:37 AM

Edit:  Here it is:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg7701317#msg7701317

It is step 2 of the *original* process:

Make sure to back up your wallet (outside of this folder)!!

If you press Start and type %appdata% and hit enter in Windows 7 (probably Windows 8 too), you'll be taken to C:\users\<your_username>\appdata\Roaming.  In here you'll find a folder named CloakCoin.  This is where the blockchain and your wallet are stored.
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:19:32 AM

It is step 2 of the *original* process:

Make sure to back up your wallet (outside of this folder)!!
just to be sure backup from the file tab andselect a separate folder from appdata
zing96

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:21:10 AM

yes - back it up to your desktop or a thumb drive.  Just make sure you have a backup.
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:22:58 AM

yes - back it up to your desktop or a thumb drive.  Just make sure you have a backup.
step three run the wallet until when? it syncs? running the wallet means what ?opening it ?
zing96

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:24:30 AM

yes - back it up to your desktop or a thumb drive.  Just make sure you have a backup.
step three run the wallet until when? it syncs? running the wallet means what ?opening it ?

Personally, I would let the wallet sync the whole block chain first.  Just let it run until it has synced.  You may need to restart it a couple times.  Just be patient.  When it is done syncing:

1.  close the wallet,

2.  put your wallet file in %appdata%\Cloakcoin

3.  start the wallet back up.

4.  Go to Help -> Debug Window -> Console and type "repairwallet" (no quotes).
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:28:45 AM

Personally, I would let the wallet sync the whole block chain first.  Just let it run until it has synced.  You may need to restart it a couple times.  Just be patient.  When it is complete,

1.  close the wallet,

2.  put your wallet file in %appdata%\Cloakcoin

3.  start the wallet back up.

4.  Go to Help -> Debug Window -> Console and type "repairwallet" (no quotes).
will try this fingers crossed. the backup file has to from today or can it be from when I deposited my coins? another note because this scares me also is my balance is in the stake line and in the balance line is zero? whats going on there haven't heard anybody talk about this?
zing96

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:31:46 AM

Personally, I would let the wallet sync the whole block chain first.  Just let it run until it has synced.  You may need to restart it a couple times.  Just be patient.  When it is complete,

1.  close the wallet,

2.  put your wallet file in %appdata%\Cloakcoin

3.  start the wallet back up.

4.  Go to Help -> Debug Window -> Console and type "repairwallet" (no quotes).
will try this fingers crossed. the backup file has to from today or can it be from when I deposited my coins?

It can be from any time.  However, if you've generated new addresses, then you should make a new back up.  If you change your encryption settings (e.g. you decide to lock your wallet), you need to make a new backup.
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:32:46 AM

Thank you im hoping this balance/stake issue resolves itself?
zing96

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 01:39:15 AM

More than likely - if you staked on the wrong fork, then the repairwallet will fix you up when you're on the correct fork.
AngusCanine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 01:49:47 AM

More than likely - if you staked on the wrong fork, then the repairwallet will fix you up when you're on the correct fork.
no my entire balance has moved over to the stake line
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 953 »
  Print  

Jump to: