April 26, 2024, 03:02:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: n/a
n/a
n/a
n/a

Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 296 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][VOOT] OLD THREAD  (Read 302083 times)
exoton

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:06:19 PM

Sorry for my thickness but still I will have to pay for potential goods that may or may not arrive after purchase, right. Or I am missing something?

And, of course, I will have no recourse whatsoever because, well, there's no trail that I even bought anything to begin with let alone pay for it, right?

Sounds like a plan.

Slow down, it seems you have concluded that anonymous marketplace will not work out. Vootmarket is not the first marketplace in the world.

Some features that are on anonymous marketplace
Escrow services
Trust system
Arbitration

Yes, you are completely right: I have concluded that the anonymous marketplace will not work, whether it is Vootmarket or Ringingbellsmarket. There's simply not a market -yet-, not even a non-anonymous one, for crypto -and there are several that have tried for a long time already-, let alone an anonymous one. But perhaps I will get something of value out of this after all, what exactly is the feature "Trust System"? Escrow services and Arbitration, by definition, serve no purpose whatsoever in an anonymous environment. By definition. But perhaps the "Trust System" is the Pandora's Box that explains it all?

But unfortunately you don't have any idea about this topic, in your mind there's no way people can buy things off Internet anonymously.

I was hoping you would be able to explain it to and convince me.

Obviously I was wrong.

Hey, it seems there's always going to be people willing to buy hot air. After all they bought this coin which is corroboration of that, quite precisely.

imagine you want to buy something that is strictly forbidden in your country , you just pull out your cellphone , look for the seller on the vootmarketplace with best ratings and have it delivered to your fake (or real) adress , its like silkroad just better (more anonymous) and silk road had quite a lot of volume last time i checked ...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deephouse

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:08:17 PM

Sorry for my thickness but still I will have to pay for potential goods that may or may not arrive after purchase, right. Or I am missing something?

And, of course, I will have no recourse whatsoever because, well, there's no trail that I even bought anything to begin with let alone pay for it, right?

Sounds like a plan.

Slow down, it seems you have concluded that anonymous marketplace will not work out. Vootmarket is not the first marketplace in the world.

Escrow services
Trust system
Arbitration

Yes, you are completely right: I have concluded that the anonymous marketplace will not work, whether it is Vootmarket or Ringingbellsmarket. There's simply not a market -yet-, not even a non-anonymous one, for crypto -and there are several that have tried for a long time already-, let alone an anonymous one. But perhaps I will get something of value out of this after all, what exactly is the feature "Trust System"? Escrow services and Arbitration, by definition, serve no purpose whatsoever in an anonymous environment. By definition. But perhaps the "Trust System" is the Pandora's Box that explains it all?

But unfortunately you don't have any idea about this topic, in your mind there's no way people can buy things off Internet anonymously.

Hey, it seems there's always going to be people willing to buy hot air.

We bought a freaking hot air ballon to go to the moon  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:21:15 PM

Sounds like a plan.

Escrow services
Trust system
Arbitration

Obviously I was wrong.

Hey, it seems there's always going to be people willing to buy hot air. After all they bought this coin which is corroboration of that, quite precisely.

imagine you want to buy something that is strictly forbidden in your country , you just pull out your cellphone , look for the seller on the vootmarketplace with best ratings and have it delivered to your fake (or real) adress , its like silkroad just better (more anonymous) and silk road had quite a lot of volume last time i checked ...

Now we are talking! See Ms Collect? not that difficult... So what you are after here is a market like the one the FBI took down. But you are so smart that believe that this time around the FBI will not be able to take it down, right?

Yep, yep, I had that intuition but expected to be wowed... How could I possibly doubt this has a chance in hell, when it is obvious that hot air will go to the moon? I am sure just buying 1,000 Voot would make you all rich by Xmas. Lambos, homes... the whole shebang... Now I GET it indeed.

Thank you "infinitechaos" for your honest attempt. I'm sure you will understand I can't possibly take this seriously...
loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:25:01 PM

^^Lol. Bag holders say the craziest shit. Keep it up, I'm sure vrc will get pumped again.  They just need to set up another deal with a pump team and your good to go.
DrSnAzZy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:28:06 PM

Sounds like a plan.

Escrow services
Trust system
Arbitration

Obviously I was wrong.

Now we are talking! See Ms Collect? not that difficult... So what you are after here is a market like the one the FBI took down. But you are so smart that believe that this time around the FBI will not be able to take it down, right?

Yep, yep, I had that intuition but expected to be wowed... How could I possibly doubt this has a chance in hell, when it is obvious that hot air will go to the moon? I am sure just buying 1,000 Voot would make you all rich by Xmas. Lambos, homes... the whole shebang... Now I GET it indeed.

Thank you "infinitechaos" for your honest attempt. I'm sure you will understand I can't possibly take this seriously...

TL;DR

Funny, price rises, Fudders come back!

Vootcoin!
DrSnAzZy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

VootCoin PR/IRC Admin

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:34:42 PM

The VootMarket will have no masternode, meaning it cant be brought down.

Vootcoin!
sebalino

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:48:43 PM

Very interesting investors in DIME Flappy SPA XLB CNL AGS .... most fud VOOT coin. These neurotic fuders will certainly find themselves in my post. Cool
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:53:31 PM

The VootMarket will have no masternode, meaning it cant be brought down.

No wonder the price has skyrocketed -and continue skyrocketing-! Oh wait...
infinitechaos

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 05:54:00 PM

You're welcome. I can see how one might have a hard time taking the notion of an anonymous market seriously, given that it's never really been done before.

But I certainly believe that technology can lead to the development of a truly anonymous market. Will VootMarket accomplish this in perfection right away? No, that's not likely. But the dev has a solid reputation and seems to be dedicated to taking the steps and doing the work necessary to get there. Therefore, I am looking forward to the release this week so that we can all get a better idea of what's in store for anonymous markets in the future.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
   ▄███▀       ▄▄▄       ▀███▄   
  ███▀       ▄██▀██▄       ▀███ 
 ▐██▌        ██   ██        ▐██▌
 ███         ██▐█▌██         ███
▐██▌          ▀▐█▌▀          ▐██▌
▐██▌          ▄▐█▌▄          ▐██▌
  ███▄       ▀██▄██▀       ▄███ 
   ▀███▄       ▀▀▀       ▄███▀   
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

Android app available now
▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
whale123

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:17:06 PM

First decentralised market place - it definitely will need to get promoted on the launch day. Marketplace is what made Bitcoin skyrocket. If we manage to launch decentralised one and let people know about it (very important step!) we will be rich!

sebalino

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:27:57 PM

First decentralised market place - it definitely will need to get promoted on the launch day. Marketplace is what made Bitcoin skyrocket. If we manage to launch decentralised one and let people know about it (very important step!) we will be rich!
Grin
SP4RK7

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:32:15 PM

Sounds like a plan.

Escrow services
Trust system
Arbitration

Obviously I was wrong.

You mean the site the FBI took down that was back up a few days later and still is to this day?
rubenaco

Activity: 378

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:43:41 PM

So whats the deal with the Anon Exchange? Where can I find some technical information about this Anon Exchange? Some teaser screenshots perhaps?

Hold on, it will be ready for live trading this week. No time for whitepaper fufu lame shit #Gratata  Cool

Grin

why voot went to few satoshis?

I don't have time to see all threat... could anyone help me with a little summary?thanks

I'm not sure what you mean. VOOT has not 'went to few satoshis'. It's currently trading at 1.1k satoshis.

MsCollec,

Can you explain what is your role on VSC/Visacoin which proved as a SCAM? It seems that you used to work for VSC!!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=384097.msg4202650#msg4202650

In the very same post you linked to above, MsCollec clearly replied 'No' to the question regarding his/her (sorry, MsCollec, not sure which it is) involvement with VSC development.

Why ask again here?
hi there

I read somewhere that was a few satoshis at first, I will have misinterpreted

thank you

open your mind!!
infinitechaos

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 06:47:37 PM

hi there

I read somewhere that was a few satoshis at first, I will have misinterpreted

thank you

Gullu explained what happened for you here in this post:

So whats the deal with the Anon Exchange? Where can I find some technical information about this Anon Exchange? Some teaser screenshots perhaps?

Hold on, it will be ready for live trading this week. No time for whitepaper fufu lame shit #Gratata  Cool

Grin

why voot went to few satoshis?

I don't have time to see all threat... could anyone help me with a little summary?thanks

original dev left/abandoned/whatever within few days after the birth of Voot.
shortly after that MsCollec took the coin under his wings.
for some time coin remained few sats and then started to climb up.

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
loges

Activity: 308

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:45:04 PM

Please stop with the ie stuff.  Just try to leave it out of here if you can.
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:20:19 PM

The exchange will be released Saturday night
infinitechaos

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:26:57 PM

Awesome, were you successful in auctioning the 500k from the dev fund to finance the final payments you needed to make?

Or is that still on the table? If so, I might have to see my local BTC supplier this evening...

▄▄█████████████▄▄       
     ▄███▀▀▀         ▀▀▀███▄     
     ▀███▄▄           ▄▄███▀     
        ▀▀█████████████▀▀       
B I T N A T I O N
G O V E R N A N C E  2.0

▀█▄▄           
 ██▄▀███▄▄       
 ████▄▀████▀▄▄   
 ██████▄▀█▀█████
 █████▀▄███▄▀▀   
 ███▀▄██▀▀       
 █▀▄█▀▀         
INSTALL PANGEA
       IOS coming soon
MsCollec (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:49:18 PM

Awesome, were you successful in auctioning the 500k from the dev fund to finance the final payments you needed to make?

Or is that still on the table? If so, I might have to see my local BTC supplier this evening...

The auction is still open, I'm waiting for BTCarchitect's bid
sebalino

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 10:55:01 PM

Great news  Grin
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 11:35:02 PM

Hi Barabbas / IE Look what i found. Now quit filling the thread with total bullshit. If you are not here for the future and to add positivity to VOOT then GTFO.

PS: They are the same person.

This is like "the price going up" quote. You hit all the nails right in the head ah?

Simply amazing... that individuals like this somehow retain the ability to type (I can only imagine how many hours per phrase though).

Wow

Pages: « 1 ... 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... 296 »
  Print  

Jump to: