Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:06:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM Investor's Handout and Updates(NEM closed Alpha has begun)  (Read 9877 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:48:41 AM

Great work!

I believe NEM is turning out something really big!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
boestin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:09:39 PM

I think NEM. I just do.
alrose

Activity: 720
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 12:04:33 PM

hold!

..TYCOON..
Social Crypto Trading. Made Simple
..MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM..
xtester (OP)

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:32:09 PM

Letter to all NEM stakeholders

Dear Nemsters,

As you may or may not already know, there have been some changes to the NEM team resulting in a lot of confusion on the Bitcointalk forum.

UtopianFuture has left the team, in good faith, and there has subsequently been a reorganization to reflect his departure.meg

UtopianFuture had been instrumental in organizing this project, but rest assured that the core development team is still intact. UtopianFuture's main role was coordination, providing direction and management of the voluntary association that is NEM. He was never involved in the coding. Hence, development-wise, the project is not impacted.

NEM is based upon the principle of decentralization, such that no single person is indispensable. Since UtopianFuture left, numerous volunteers have  come forward and offered their help. We are in fact honored to know that there are many of you out there who share the same vision as the core development team of creating a new economic movement. We are now stronger than ever and have recruited some of these volunteers to the team to push our ideals forward more aggressively than ever before. Yes, we have since regrouped and are soldiering on to ensure that this project is successful!

With the reorganisation, we have decided that there should be an entirely separate group looking after the promotion of NEM. We have now created a new Marketing Board to spearhead organizing the great NEM community and to spur our movement to greater heights. To say the least, this event has actually made us into a much stronger group.

As a result of the events that have transpired, there have been many unsubstantiated speculations and postulations about what happened. Most of these statements have been emotionally charged and were without any factual basis. These misleading claims have left the community confused.

We would like to take this opportunity to assure you that most of these claims are not true and that it is business as usual for the core team; you should not be influenced at all by some of the characters in the forum that purport otherwise.

The last few months have been rather hectic and to complete a project of this size and nature requires a lot of careful planning and design. It has not been easy, but we believe with the able-bodied team that we have, we shall be able to meet our targets.

In the meantime, and in order to allay the confusion, we have included links to the only official NEM threads on bitcointalk. We have also included the link to our official NEM websites and forum. If you have any questions regarding the incidents that have caused this confusion, you are most welcome to raise those questions in the forum threads or contact one of the core team members directly.

At the same breath, we would like to advise that for those of you who are eligible for the NEM coins, please take care of your BTT accounts. Please do not spam, post addresses or expose your transaction TX-IDs such that your accounts get banned. Your account is key to your claim later.

Due to the incidents in the past, it was decided that a moderated thread would also be created to run alongside the non-moderated thread. Please read xtester's post about why this is necessary here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654845.msg7350705#msg7350705

Official Links:

Materials:

Project Information Memorandum:

Websites

If you cannot find the information you need in the links above please do not hesitate to post any question you may have on the relevant NEM thread. A special thanks goes to rockethead, kodtycoon and makoto1337 for putting this together on such short notice. This letter will now be sent to all NEM stakeholders via PM.

Thank you very much for your attention.

NEM Marketing Team
Spyrofix

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:49:50 PM

I just want to say that none of the devs are giving up on NEM and there is no reason that anyone else should, either!

We are still working hard on coding and the OPEN ALPHA is still on schedule for 06/25.

Good to know!

I truly believe in NEM and its qualities in comparison with other coins.
overthetop2011

Activity: 678

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:48:01 AM

NEM is great! not only the devs but also the whole community!

Thank you for your great work!

Smiley

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
xtester (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:21:00 PM

NEM closed alpha testing has begun. Cool

BCFrictionless

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:07:32 PM

Lookin' mighty fine!
xtester (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:54:58 AM

This is how the mac version looks, it was posted by instacash on the other thread:

cryptonikus

Activity: 595

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:03:12 PM

From the beginning, I understood that point of NEM is to be perfect product. Seeing all what is going on, it very well might be.

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
.DeepOnion.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★  .❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!.
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
joinmicah

Activity: 81
Merit: 16

Crypto-Commodities are the People's Money!

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:31:45 AM

I have to say the NEM Community that is forming here day by day is incredibly generous and I believe
this is going to be a Powerful Force to Reckon with when people realize how nice everybody is here and
how much they all want to help support one another.

The Proof of Importance is an incredible way to get people contributing and helping one another grow
each other projects and market products and services etc.
Breasal

Activity: 585

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:46:26 AM

Thinking of investing but not quite sure how NEM is different than a NXT clone with superficial changes? Can someone explain why I should buy NEM instead of NXT?

Thanks.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:15:52 AM

Thinking of investing but not quite sure how NEM is different than a NXT clone with superficial changes? Can someone explain why I should buy NEM instead of NXT?

Thanks.

You didn't even read the handout did you ?

xtester (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:12:23 AM

Thanks.

Please read the first page, it's especially designed to help with this question.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:15:53 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2014, 10:27:31 AM by TaunSew

Thanks.

You understand how capitalization works, yes?  It's a lot easier for NEM to hit $20 million than for NxT to hit $500 million, in order to see a ten fold return.  Now you may retort and ask why would NEM hit $20 million?  And why wouldn't NxT hit $500 million?  

Easy.  Fair distribution to 2800, which ensures stability as no whales have unfair influence or advantage.  Second - technological innovation, even to the extent that NxT's lead developer wants to copy proof of intent.  There's a general aversion among investors to avoid investing in a 'great quick rich scheme' which benefits a few handful of early birds who continuously dump to cash out.  Hence that distribution caused NxT's capitalization to decline a great deal and placed a cap on its' growth.

https://nxtforum.org/pub-crawl/come-from-beyond-and-nem/

Ironically NEM is actually more innovative than NxT.  NEM can easily incorporate 'side features' like the asset exchange.  NxT on the other hand can't incorporate 'main features' like NEM's PoI, without undergoing a long extensive complete overhaul taking a year (which would be vetoed by the whales as PoS is more profitable for them than PoI) and that's assuming even IF they can get NEM's source codes.  In that regard, NEM will always be a step ahead of NxT.  The 'side features' don't matter in the long run as they're not proprietary and arguably it's lipstick on the pig.  

As for NxT's capitalization, you obviously must not had known about NxT long ago.  I was an early adopter of NxT and I am still waiting for it to recover to $0.11.  NxT tanked after its' distribution became known and for awhile was worth less than Doge Coin, then temporarily went back up (which apparently was a huge orchestration by a guy called John who then stole a lot of money) and now it's on the decline again.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
xtester (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:17:51 PM

Thanks.

You understand how capitalization works, yes?  It's a lot easier for NEM to hit $20 million than for NxT to hit $500 million, in order to see a ten fold return.  Now you may retort and ask why would NEM hit $20 million?  And why wouldn't NxT hit $500 million?  

Easy.  Fair distribution to 2800, which ensures stability as no whales have unfair influence or advantage.  Second - technological innovation, even to the extent that NxT's lead developer wants to copy proof of intent.  There's a general aversion among investors to avoid investing in a 'great quick rich scheme' which benefits a few handful of early birds who continuously dump to cash out.  Hence that distribution caused NxT's capitalization to decline a great deal and placed a cap on its' growth.

Ironically NEM is actually more innovative than NxT.  NEM can easily incorporate 'side features' like the asset exchange.  NxT on the other hand can't incorporate 'main features' like NEM's PoI, without undergoing a long extensive complete overhaul taking a year (which would be vetoed by the whales as PoS is more profitable for them than PoI) and that's assuming even IF they can get NEM's source codes.  In that regard, NEM will always be a step ahead of NxT.  The 'side features' don't matter in the long run as they're not proprietary and arguably it's lipstick on the pig.  

As for NxT's capitalization, you obviously must not had known about NxT long ago.  I was an early adopter of NxT and I am still waiting for it to recover to $0.11.  NxT tanked after its' distribution became known and for awhile was worth less than Doge Coin, then temporarily went back up (which apparently was a huge orchestration by a guy called John who then stole a lot of money) and now it's on the decline again.

With comments like this you only end up doing a disservice to NEM. Please think twice and refrain from continuing this series of antagonizing posts.
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:56:24 AM

Thanks.

With comments like this you only end up doing a disservice to NEM. Please think twice and refrain from continuing this series of antagonizing posts.

What do I miss here? This comment is fairly accurate. It is true that:

1. It is easier for NEM to go up 5 folds to 25million cap than for NXT to go 5 folds to 250 million cap. It is a matter of catching up is easier than innovating.

2. Side features are easier to incorporate than core features.

3. NXT has a distribution problem.

Anyway you guys have to stop asking people not saying their opinions.  I don't see how this post is doing a disservice to NEM.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
ARGpentem

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:33:07 AM

I don't like rebutting your post point by point but there is a such thing like opinion. TS offered his opinion. He obviously does not like NXT very much but he is entitled to his opinion. It puzzles me that some of you think his opinion will harm NEM.

his opinion is not the issue, its the manner in which he expresses it and the incorrect facts he uses to express his opinion that is the issue. i didnt say dont say you dont like nxt or dont say it had bad distribution at launch. so im in no way trying to censor people opinions.

You can ignore him if you want.

that doesnt solve anything, he would still be giving unsuspecting people false information. if i was to block him, i may not see and be able to correct any of his future posts that are false and/or misleading. that post is totally believable to anyone who doesn't know allot. i dont correct him because of his opinion,  its just to prevent someone from getting wrong information from his posts or prevent them being mislead and hopefully prevent lose of finances due to false or misleading info.

Maybe he hate NXT because CFB set a bounty to expose his identity for no obvious reason. I like him as a Nemster and see no harm in his personal opinion.

A freedom fighter. Stop all your bull shit !
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:14:02 AM
Last edit: June 30, 2014, 05:36:19 AM by TaunSew

I don't like rebutting your post point by point but there is a such thing like opinion. TS offered his opinion. He obviously does not like NXT very much but he is entitled to his opinion. It puzzles me that some of you think his opinion will harm NEM.

his opinion is not the issue, its the manner in which he expresses it and the incorrect facts he uses to express his opinion that is the issue. i didnt say dont say you dont like nxt or dont say it had bad distribution at launch. so im in no way trying to censor people opinions.

You can ignore him if you want.

that doesnt solve anything, he would still be giving unsuspecting people false information. if i was to block him, i may not see and be able to correct any of his future posts that are false and/or misleading. that post is totally believable to anyone who doesn't know allot. i dont correct him because of his opinion,  its just to prevent someone from getting wrong information from his posts or prevent them being mislead and hopefully prevent lose of finances due to false or misleading info.

The ad hominens, cherry picking (straw man arguments) and hyperbole examples are logical fallacies and does not disprove what I wrote.  Anyone can use the Google machine and confirm the facts about NxT's distribution and all their recent scandals.

NEM is a better and stronger community.  It's a 180 in community direction if we can't point out the flaws in NxT's distribution.  

By the way,  as for the character assassination, no one has ever came to me in a private message and accused me of causing them to lose finances.  On the contrary, I have had multiple people thank me for getting them into NEM.  I'm not taking credit for anything but you are trying to present the image that I somehow caused people to lose money and I am pointing out the factual opposite. 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:37:25 AM

Thanks.

Easy.  Fair distribution to 2800, which ensures stability as no whales have unfair influence or advantage.  Second - technological innovation, even to the extent that NxT's lead developer wants to copy proof of intent.  There's a general aversion among investors to avoid investing in a 'great quick rich scheme' which benefits a few handful of early birds who continuously dump to cash out.  Hence that distribution caused NxT's capitalization to decline a great deal and placed a cap on its' growth.

What do I miss here? This comment is fairly accurate. It is true that:

1. It is easier for NEM to go up 5 folds to 25million cap than for NXT to go 5 folds to 250 million cap. It is a matter of catching up is easier than innovating.

2. Side features are easier to incorporate than core features.

3. NXT has a distribution problem.

Anyway you guys have to stop asking people not saying their opinions.  I don't see how this post is doing a disservice to NEM.

I do agree with ARGpentem here. I don't find the post to be that negative, but rather fairly rational.

That being said, this isn't the NXT forum and I think we should try to focus on NEM and community building here, rather than talking about potential competitors all the time.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /