Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:55:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin ever goes mainstream  (Read 29017 times)
novadragon

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 02:48:29 PM

If bitcoin ever go mainstream, bitcoin might become more easy and simple in use
but no one knows the future of bitcoin
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kenbytes

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 03:37:07 PM

If bitcoin goes mainstream , it will be fun. Just imagine paying for everything via bitcoin , sounds too good

gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:10:05 AM

If bitcoin ever go mainstream, bitcoin might become more easy and simple in use
but no one knows the future of bitcoin

That is true, but as you said that no one know the future of bitcoin, and that is the problem that everyone has in their minds, that whether to trust bitcoins or not, but I don't see that it would get on mainstream in the near future, as it is very difficult to replace fiat, As we know that the market cap of fiat is much more as compared to bitcoins, and it would be difficult to replace fiat very easily.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:52:00 AM

If bitcoin goes mainstream , it will be fun. Just imagine paying for everything via bitcoin , sounds too good

sounds fantastic, but it will take a good amount of years will we ever see global adoption. we need patience and support bitcoin by buying things with it.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 11:10:47 AM

sounds fantastic, but it will take a good amount of years will we ever see global adoption. we need patience and support bitcoin by buying things with it.

Yes patience pays, definitely we need to be more patient and optimistic related to bitcoins as we know that it can be a major currency in the future, if it gets into a mainstream than that would be a blessing for people as they can buy anything by using bitcoins and decentralisation is an added advantage with bitcoins, as a bitcoin users we want that it should get on mainstream as soon as possible.
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 11:01:49 AM

The inequality on the distribution of wealth is astonishing, even if that graphic only takes in account financial assets and not material goods, including small enterprises, land and houses.

Anyway, bitcoin won't contribute to a more equitable world, on the contrary.

That wasn't my point.

But since you raise it, if the mainstream entered bitcoin (with their paltry 29% of the wealth) before the 0.111% and then refused to trade with the 0.111% in anything but bitcoin then bitcoin would indeed contribute massively to balancing the inequity in global monetary holdings.

You have been given a tool, a new weapon in an age old struggle, it is up to all of us to choose how to use it.

We both know that most "mainstream" people are not pioneers on technological advances, like bitcoin; they won't arrive first than the financial elite. Most people would have to buy bitcoins at very high prices, making rich the geeks and elites (with good advisers) that arrived first.

And most mainstream people don't have any kind of financial independence that might able them to force the financial elites to do anything. They depend on loans to buy almost anything to try to show to their neighbors how "successful" they are.

And long before a small part of this people were bitcoiners, its price would skyrocket. We just need a small percentage of the wealth to be transferred to bitcoin to provoke astonishing prices increases. Less than 0.1% would be enough.

As stated on the original post, I think bitcoin will just aggravate inequality.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2015, 11:19:52 AM

Really, for Bitcoin to go mainstream, it would have to be a lot more noob-friendly than it is now.
I honestly don't see my dad even using blockchain.info to pay for pizza or whatever.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 01:32:14 AM

Really, for Bitcoin to go mainstream, it would have to be a lot more noob-friendly than it is now.
I honestly don't see my dad even using blockchain.info to pay for pizza or whatever.

I think that the android app wallets + services like coinbase and whatever the one is that helps merchants cash out to fiat have made great strides in this department.  I know that when I've bought face-to-face goods with bitcoin it was as easy as scanning a QR code and hitting okay.  Not too bad, as user-friendly goes, IMO.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 07:20:22 AM

I think it will never go to the mainstream. It will be always like now the alternative for the mainstream currencies.
Skinnyman

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:11:39 AM

Can your dad not use Paypal? PP isnt much different from blockchain.info. Besides, it doesn't matter about the older generation. They'll die off eventually but the younger generation are brought up understanding technology so it'll be far easier for them.

I think it will never go to the mainstream. It will be always like now the alternative for the mainstream currencies.

That's what they said about the internet and look where we are now.
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:25:01 AM

Whew. I'm really tired of hearing this old chestnut.
Why do you say this stuff?
I think tv sets will never go mainstream coz they're way too complicated for people to understand.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:22:55 AM

I think tv sets will never go mainstream coz they're way too complicated for people to understand.

... pizza will never go mainstream, it's just too hard to understand how you make the round dough and why the crust doesn't burn before the cheese melts.

dodgecharger

Activity: 1005
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:44:54 PM

Mainstream will happen is exactly the way things are happening now - with the gradual but persistent adoption of Bitcoin into the mainstream economy.
Trading (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:00:16 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 01:42:19 PM by Trading

https://gds.blog.gov.uk/2015/09/01/registers-authoritative-lists-you-can-trust/

An UK governmental service is studying the possibility of adopting a blockchain system to register public data.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:58:48 AM

Survival of the fittest. I see bitcoin has all the capability to be a fittest. Bitcoin can solve many financial crisis. Many peoples border problems. Many people's saving dilemmas. Many people's banking. These are few example. At least one is enough to be a mainstream money.
Nikolai the Barber

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 09:26:24 AM

... pizza will never go mainstream, it's just too hard to understand how you make the round dough and why the crust doesn't burn before the cheese melts.

Haha that's pretty funny but it's true. I'm sure peoples parents were worried about using debit cards and atms at first too.
xhoneyael

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 10:42:03 AM

i think bitcoin have lot of potential to go mainstream..
and as of now there some who already adopting it..
but we cant say its mainstream because it not even 1% of population..
but i think more will come so lets just wait for it

coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 10:49:42 AM

Bitcoins potential itself will make it as a mainstream payment method very soon. Many financial experts have already agreed that.
Chomsky

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 10:53:52 AM

Survival of the fittest. I see bitcoin has all the capability to be a fittest. Bitcoin can solve many financial crisis. Many peoples border problems. Many people's saving dilemmas. Many people's banking. These are few example. At least one is enough to be a mainstream money.

It has the capability for sure and I think it can certainly help in some of those sectors you mentroned but for it to go mainstream per se I think it will have to be accepted by many stores and merchants.
Trading (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 10:02:10 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 10:22:52 PM by Trading

The strongest repression will come from States with weak currencies, that are too afraid of seeing their fiat coins dumped because of a run to bitcoin as a safe haven:
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-websites-blocked-venezuelan-government/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: