Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:20:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin ever goes mainstream  (Read 29017 times)
mallard

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:51:29 AM

I think that a lot of people here only want Bitcoin to become mainstream so that their investment will increase in price, not because Bitcoin is innovative and cool.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:34:05 AM

I think that a lot of people here only want Bitcoin to become mainstream so that their investment will increase in price, not because Bitcoin is innovative and cool.

I agree with you but this is ok, why not?
We support some revolutionary technology at the very early stage, when just a few people give their support, and later we receive huge rewards for our faith and initial support.
It's the same in the real market where many people became very reach because they bought some very cheap shares and later sold for very good price Smiley

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 11:41:41 AM

Bitcoin -- as it currently is -- is just not going to go mainstream by design.

It doesn't mean that Bitcoin has no future as an alternative and/or interbanking solution, or that smart layers couldn't use it as a store of value and/or transactional lower layer. However, the days when Bitcoin was seen as a stupid get-rich-quick scheme are probably over, and it's a good thing.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 12:45:24 PM

this will always be true, even in the case bitcoin will be the king and used directly to purchase everything

without money you can't survive or be happy in some case

but as long they help bitcoin going mainstream who care? it's fine for me
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 01:36:28 PM

this will always be true, even in the case bitcoin will be the king and used directly to purchase everything

People will be happy just because of success of bitcoin and that success is possible because of the innovation behind bitcoin. So, if bitcoin goes main stream is a effect of chain reaction of many things and that would trigger many things, people's joy is one of them.
mallard

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:10:36 PM

People will be happy just because of success of bitcoin and that success is possible because of the innovation behind bitcoin. So, if bitcoin goes main stream is a effect of chain reaction of many things and that would trigger many things, people's joy is one of them.

I mean that they don't give a fuck about the success of Bitcoin, they just want to get rich with no effort.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2015, 02:42:35 PM

I think that it will be take long for it to be used as regular money.

In fact, regular money took long to be used in its electronic version. I still know people that do not trust much on online bank transfers and payments. Due to Bitcoin being full online, well, it will take some time.

I am happy if it is a way to store value for some time.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 02:55:30 PM

In fact, regular money took long to be used in its electronic version. I still know people that do not trust much on online bank transfers and payments. Due to Bitcoin being full online, well, it will take some time.

I don't think even after Long time it will happen. Very difficult to replace the existing currencies with Bitcoin.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
October 17, 2015, 10:04:45 PM

Well i bought a ton of stuff using bitcoin as i would do with fiat, so i think it's getting to a point where you can in fact compare it with fiat. Hell, in AUS you can even pay
taxes with it. It will take some time for it to gain the traction we want it to be on, and each one of us can help by purchasing with them, holdnig, trading..
I think it's not the question of if it will go mainstream, but when. Just don't hold your breath.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 12:36:47 AM

Yes but nothing is impossible about this issue, Bitcoin is growing up already daily, and the number of boitcoin's users and supporters increase highly by time, so everything is possible in the near future even turning Bitcoin to the most used currency worldwide
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 05:40:53 AM

Well i bought a ton of stuff using bitcoin as i would do with fiat, so i think it's getting to a point where you can in fact compare it with fiat. Hell, in AUS you can even pay
taxes with it. It will take some time for it to gain the traction we want it to be on, and each one of us can help by purchasing with them, holdnig, trading..
I think it's not the question of if it will go mainstream, but when. Just don't hold your breath.

Which I agree as well. If we see the progress it has made albeit slow, but at least we know it is going forward. I think it needs more atm, more exchange services which don't ask all the long list of information just to deposit and withdraw money, more bitcoin based remittance business and we should be there.

txbtc

Activity: 499

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 05:57:56 AM

If the amount of people using bitcoin continues to go up and with corresponding increase in services, at some point BTC will become to mainstream
RyanX

Activity: 140

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 11:39:54 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2016, 01:10:09 PM by RyanX

I don't think even after Long time it will happen. Very difficult to replace the existing currencies with Bitcoin.

Bitcoin will coexist with existing currency for a long time. Fiat is easily printable by governments so goverments like it.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:43:56 AM

Bitcoin will coexist with existing currency for a long time.

Yes it will be there for long time but it can't replace with any existing currencies and it will be used as alternative currency to buy online.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 02:15:16 PM

Bitcoin will coexist with existing currency for a long time.

probably, forever, like other fiat money are coexisting with their counterpart

and you can put there in the magic hat, some other crypto aside form bitcoin
codishmumu

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:46:03 PM
Last edit: October 19, 2015, 02:02:49 AM by codishmumu

It will be when I make my merchandise. Don't worry you guys. I'm gonna do everything in my power to make these items beautiful and jaw dropping to give wonderful advertisement for Satoshi's work. All you have to do is give me a chance. I love you all very much from the bottom of my heart because you've honestly given me concepts to believe in, and I'll honestly do anything to contribute to the growth of this currency.

One day, bitcoin will be worth one million USD each, and we can all enjoy our success together.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 10:54:58 PM

It will be when I make my merchandise. Don't worry you guys. I'm gonna do everything in my power to make these items beautiful and draw dropping to give wonderful advertisement for Satoshi's work. All you have to do is give me a chance. I love you all very much from the bottom of my heart because you've honestly given me concepts to believe in, and I'll honestly do anything to contribute to the growth of this currency.

One day, bitcoin will be worth one million USD each, and we can all enjoy our success together.

If you can create artwork that pushes Bitcoin into mainstream, every day life; I will quit everything, pack my bags, and move to wherever in the world you are and work under you as your assistant.
codishmumu

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:24:39 PM

It will be when I make my merchandise. Don't worry you guys. I'm gonna do everything in my power to make these items beautiful and draw dropping to give wonderful advertisement for Satoshi's work. All you have to do is give me a chance. I love you all very much from the bottom of my heart because you've honestly given me concepts to believe in, and I'll honestly do anything to contribute to the growth of this currency.

If you can create artwork that pushes Bitcoin into mainstream, every day life; I will quit everything, pack my bags, and move to wherever in the world you are and work under you as your assistant.
Under me? With me.

I don't believe any of us are higher than the next worker. No man or woman is an island. ^___^

Right now, I'm designing fashion merchandise with the bitcoin symbol in gold, and without the circle in the background. I will also be hand sculpting bitcoin symbol chains, bracelets, earrings, and various bracelets. I am also going to be working on some hand knitted sweaters, hats, scarves, gloves, arm warmers and so on with the bitcoin symbol hand embroidered onto them in gold embroidery floss.

I'm almost done with my first scarf and matching hat. From there, I will be hoping to get back on the mascot that I created for Bitcoin as well. I'm honestly excited. I know these items will look fabulous and really get the word out on Bitcoin currency.
jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
October 18, 2015, 11:28:12 PM

Under me? With me.

I don't believe any of us are higher than the next worker. No man or woman is an island. ^___^

Right now, I'm designing fashion merchandise with the bitcoin symbol in gold, and without the circle in the background. I will also be hand sculpting bitcoin symbol chains, bracelets, earrings, and various bracelets. I am also going to be working on some hand knitted sweaters, hats, scarves, gloves, arm warmers and so on with the bitcoin symbol hand embroidered onto them in gold embroidery floss.

I'm almost done with my first scarf and matching hat. From there, I will be hoping to get back on the mascot that I created for Bitcoin as well. I'm honestly excited. I know these items will look fabulous and really get the word out on Bitcoin currency.

Oh, didn't realize what you were referring to haha, I actually think I saw both of your threads about the scarf and the mascot.

As far as logo changes go, I'm all for it. Branding and logos have significant psychological impact, and I really think that changing the logo to gold would make a huge difference in the eyes of potential Bitcoiners. Good luck Smiley
Trading (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 04:58:05 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 07:49:16 PM by Trading

https://www.coindesk.com/russian-minister-confirms-plans-to-ban-bitcoin-to-fiat-conversions/

Things seem to be going for the worst in Russia

However, in China, a country much more important for bitcoin, political perspectives on Bitcoin seem to be improving.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115435/china-unofficially-authorizes-bitcoin-price-turns-bullish

However, it seems the chinese government now is happy with Bitcoin because thinks that it has less volatility. They are mistaken, volatility won't stop. One has to wonder what would happen if Bitcoin's price real skyrocketed. Chinese authorities fear an active that have huge valuations, because after a big boom always come a bust. And that can ruin the savings of many chinese investors and create social and political unrest, jeopardizing the chinese government.

Do you remember what was the trigger of the major crash of 5 December 2013? Yes, chinese governmental repression. The chinese Central bank published a note warning against bitcoin and forbidding chinese banks to deal with it (http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2013-12-05/china-s-pboc-bans-financial-companies-from-bitcoin-transactions ). At 29 November 2013, we had a first huge crash, but the price had recovered.

It seems Bitcoin has two both probable futures: becoming a threat to all currencies with a huge price or to die-off/survive on the fringes of the Internet, because of governmental repression. And both are simultaneous possible in different moments. A huge success followed by repression.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: