Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:17:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Minerals development - top priority
E-sports Betting services + wallet betting features - 254 (48.7%)
Anonymity development - 135 (25.9%)
Multipool further development - 28 (5.4%)
SC2 tournaments - 56 (10.7%)
Wallet improvements (chat, price, better design) - 49 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 522

Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 453 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MIN] Minerals - POS | Developing own anon solution |  (Read 742147 times)
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:27:13 PM

By the way guys, keep in mind that the devs got min 1% of the total supply, its like instamine just better. The owe all pools and put 1% on every pool, just sad :/

+ they own 100% of the hashingpower so doublespend is possible all time.

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mitchellmint
Legendary

Activity: 1139
Merit: 1000

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:27:26 PM

Pretty sure both Polo and Bittrex have already indicated that they are staying away from the coin due to it being closed source for the moment. They might reconsider after PoW is over tho.

Source is available for exchanges.

If you are so sure then give us your source of information.

I can confirm that the Exchanges have been in communication with the Developer.

Buy TRUSTplus.  We are building a Financial Platform.
mitchellmint
Legendary

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:32:49 PM

paper wallet launching very soon

I already have it.   Use Decimal 50.  http://cryptolife.net/upwg/

mitchellmint
Legendary

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:35:02 PM

By the way guys, keep in mind that the devs got min 1% of the total supply, its like instamine just better. The owe all pools and put 1% on every pool, just sad :/

+ they own 100% of the hashingpower so doublespend is possible all time.

You figured that out all on your own?  After witnessing some awesome show of strength and courage from the developer, I assure you... The developer believes what his is doing is right and not compromising to make money.

Minerals (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:36:38 PM

Good explanation as to why Bittrex wont add this:

<@bittrex-rami> I don't like the concept
<@bittrex-rami> I don't want to encourage it
<@bittrex-rami> and source doesn't protect me from double spends
<@bittrex-rami> distributed hash does
<Scorpianz> What do you mean by distrubtuted hash?
<Scorpianz> *distributed
<@bittrex-rami> if anyone is in a position to do a 51% attack
<@bittrex-rami> then I want to know about it, and disable that wallet
<@bittrex-rami> the way they've structured their launch
<@bittrex-rami> they control 100% of the hash
<@bittrex-rami> puts us at risk
<earlz> yea, but they seem trust worthy, right RIGHT
<@bittrex-rami> now our systems would detect the first double spend and shut ti down
<Scorpianz> What is this 51% attack
<@bittrex-rami> but it could still hurt me if the first batch of double spends was large enough

Since we've inadvertently commented.... I might as well make an official statement.  We've stayed pretty quiet on the matter and we normally stay impartial on coins; but Source code available != open source.  In this case, we have a scenario where a single entity controls all the hashpower of a coin.  This means at any given time, the blockchain can be completely rewritten to anything a malicious entity wanted it to.  I'm not saying that is the intention, but from the POV of an exchange, the lack of decentralization adds an extremely high risk to our users and business. Once the hash power is spread around some and we feel the network has its own built in checks and balances is when we'll probably add.  

If we are missing something here, please let me know.  I'm always the first to admit i don't know everything.

Thanks
richie@bittrex

Thanks a lot for commenting. I understand your concern and from your point of view it makes sense not to list us until after hashing power is distributed more evenly. However, what we can propose is to connect your daemon to all six pools, in this case by monitoring total pools' hashrate against network hashrate one could react before anything problematic happens - which is of course not our goal.

MVNWT9QtaryFdzexcHNyiJa3hzZB5Ja85P
Minerals (OP)

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:39:28 PM

i think its better off not being on an exchange at this time unless it was poloniex or bittrex.  i would take that ccex exchange off asap it only makes the coin look like shitcoin when u have it on 3rd tier exchanges.  i see a ton of new coins that go downhill by starting with the wrong exchange.  why dont u do a poll and decide what the community wants to do.  but at this point i m ready to jump ship.
The reason we pushed for exchange is so that people have an alternative way to store coins before we release wallets. Trading is a mere side effect. C-cex is top 3rd tier exchange and I think that it should have some trust.

Minerals (OP)

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:41:16 PM

Good explanation as to why Bittrex wont add this:

<@bittrex-rami> I don't like the concept
<@bittrex-rami> I don't want to encourage it
<@bittrex-rami> and source doesn't protect me from double spends
<@bittrex-rami> distributed hash does
<Scorpianz> What do you mean by distrubtuted hash?
<Scorpianz> *distributed
<@bittrex-rami> if anyone is in a position to do a 51% attack
<@bittrex-rami> then I want to know about it, and disable that wallet
<@bittrex-rami> the way they've structured their launch
<@bittrex-rami> they control 100% of the hash
<@bittrex-rami> puts us at risk
<earlz> yea, but they seem trust worthy, right RIGHT
<@bittrex-rami> now our systems would detect the first double spend and shut ti down
<Scorpianz> What is this 51% attack
<@bittrex-rami> but it could still hurt me if the first batch of double spends was large enough
Thanks a lot! I will try to talk to them on their IRC chat.

pagona

Activity: 676
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:56:23 PM

what do you guys get with 280x card, gigabyte in my case

life is amazing
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:59:46 PM

I already have it.   Use Decimal 50.  http://cryptolife.net/upwg/

yes but now you have it customized for Minerals
http://coinok.pw/wallet/min

1 BTC = 1 BTC
tacee

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:00:10 PM

[MIN] Minerals. Launched!

Listed on C-Cex.com!

Website | Twitter | Reddit | Github | Forum | IRC

NEWS

We are now listed on C-CEX.com - you can safely withdraw your coins to the exchange and trade/store them on the exchange until windows wallets are released.

Pools' wallets blockexplorer links:
SCV
MULE
PROBE
DRONE
REFINERY
EXCTRACTOR

Why Minerals?
Inspired by StartCraft, Minerals is a POW/POS cryptocurrency designed to be as evenly distributed as possible across vast group of miners, investors and other communities. Because of its even distribution of coins, Minerals is intended to be appealing to non-crypto community as well.

Premine, IPO, instamine?
There is no premine, no IPO, no instamine.
  • Instamine is avoided by rewarding first 100 blocks with 1 MIN.
  • There is no IPO.
  • There is no premine.

Dev’s interest?
The dev team will have the interest in the coin, in its further development and marketing by cutting out the middlemen – pools. There is no reason for miners to pay fees to pool owners, who don't contribute to coin development and are only interested in instantaneous profit from the coin and easily move on to another coin. Moreover, pools often wage wars and DDoS each other which only creates anxiety and instability in the network and is detrimental for the coin. Therefore, there will be no third-party pools, all pools will be operated by us. There will be a total of six pools (scv, mule, probe, drone, refinary, exctractor), each with 1% fee. This pool fee will be used for further coin development and to keep our interests aligned. Fees collected from the pools will be stored in a designated public address and each coin movement will be publicly disclosed.

Multipools problem?
There will be no multipools as all pools are operated by us - no dumping of coins and no messing up with the network difficulty.

Solo mining?
In order to avoid potential ASICs and big farms from dominating the coin network there will be no solo mining.

Big farms/ASICs?
Hashing power of each worker and/or IP will be limited to not more than 50 MH/s (see the poll) by limiting the number of shares that a worker can send to the pool per unit of time.

How do you achieve all of this?
The only way to avoid Miltipools, ASICs, big farms and third-party pools is by not providing the wallet and the source code until after the POW stage ends. The source code will be provided to exchanges which will be operational from the start. Moreover, to remove any doubt about the validity of the coin and it's source code third-party experts will be given the sorce code for validation and checks. The wallets might be provided before the end of the POW stage.

How to receive mined coins?
You can use the exchange or keep your coins in our pools until the wallets are provided.

Block explorer?
Available at launch.

Name: Minerals [MIN]
Algo: X11
Block time: 30sec
Block reward:
Blocks 1-100:   1 MIN
Blocks 101-20090: 1500 MIN
Last POW block 20090.  (7 days of mining)
Total POW coins: 30,000,000
Block retarget: every block
POS interest: 5% per year
Coins stake after 10 hours
Confirmations per transaction 4
Coins mature after 50 blocks
Premine: 0 (0%)

BLOCK EXPLORER

Windows Wallet:

Online Wallet
Mac Wallet
Linux Wallet
GitHub

These are the only legit pools that you can mine Minerals at:

SCV (1% fee) US East (N. Virginia)
DRONE (1% fee) EU (Ireland)
PROBE (1% fee) US West (N. California)
MULE (1% fee) US West (Oregon)
REFINERY (1% fee) Asia Pacific (Singapore)
EXCTRACTOR (1% fee) South America (São Paulo)

Please register at several pools and use some pools as a failover.

https://c-cex.com/?p=min-btc
https://c-cex.com/?p=min-usd
https://c-cex.com/?p=min-ltc
https://c-cex.com/?p=min-nmc
https://c-cex.com/?p=min-doge
https://c-cex.com/?p=min-ftc

Video 1 = 2,000 MIN
Video 2 = 2,000 MIN
Video 3 = 2,000 MIN
Games 1 = 1,000 MIN (reserved by virtualdn)
Games 2 = 1,000 MIN
Games 3 = 1,000 MIN
Merchants = 2,000 MIN
Faucet = 1,000 MIN (reserved by animalroam)
Blog Posts & Articles = 200 MIN Each
Translations = 200 MIN Each
Chinese (completed by zxm7001)
Russian (completed by wanvo)
Polish (bounty claimed by szwagiercz)
Spanish (reserved by Wolf Rainer)
German (bounty claimed by Reese212)
Greek (reserved by bspus)
Italian (bounty claimed by splawik21)
Dutch (reserved by Bfljosh)
French (completed by followtheboss. Bounty of 200 MIN will be payed out after launch)
Korean
Other Things Please Contact Us

We plan to sponsor Starcraft II Heart of the Swarm tournament with a total prize coins of 100'000 MIN!
First place: 50,000 MIN
Second place: 30,000 MIN
Third place: 20,000 MIN
Think you have what it takes to participate in the tournament and win Minerals? Sign up today by sending your info to our email: dev@minerals.pro

This logo isn't perfect, there is a bounty for a cool logo (that will be chosen by bitcointalk.org community)
Logo bounty = 1000 MIN

MINERALS : X11 POW/POS WITH NO WALLET DOWNLOAD BEFORE END OF POW article by jdebunt

CAN WE HAVE A BETTER EXCHANGE PLEASE? BITTREX->POLONIEX->MINTPAL .THE PRICE ON C-CEX IS SO LOW AND SO IS  THE VOLUMN . Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided
Minerals (OP)

Minerals Dev

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 06:03:45 PM

I've just talked to Bittrex - they will list us only after the POW stage ends. It was a bit of misunderstanding regarding the way we set up mining and initially they were ok with listing us until they've realized that pools are controlled by us. I still think that C-CEX is relatively good exchange and at least it provides way to store your coins .

chinchs

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:06:47 PM

3.2Mhs
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:10:21 PM

I've just talked to Bittrex - they will list us only after the POW stage ends. I still think that C-CEX is relatively good exchange and it provides way to store your coins at least.

+1

this is a novel concept we're throwing hashes at.  Minerals Dev deserves their 1%, they are providing trusted pools, and working on a way to keep the big farms and deep pockets from gaining the upperhand.  I mean you guys were going to pay 1% to somebody anyways right?  The proof is in the pudding that we have a working daemon (c-cex must)  The pools have been stable for me (oops I used US East & Europe) If you need money tomorrow please direct bitching and hash somewhere else.  If you can wait until this time next week or earlier continue here. POS will begin for everyone equally its going to be great.  I look forward to POW ending and the rest of the exchanges adding us.  I heard tf2honeybadger at poloniex say he is open to potentially adding it after pow but shared the same concerns now as bittrex manager richie who spoke earlier.  

Dev maybe we can change the topic and outline what the plans are once POS takes hold and exchanges have added us.  What kind of hints to the future can you drop on us like a dangling carrot?!

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
Bojcha

Activity: 848
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:10:38 PM

3.2Mhs
zedomax

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:10:56 PM

I've just talked to Bittrex - they will list us only after the POW stage ends. It was a bit of misunderstanding regarding the way we set up mining and initially they were ok with listing us until they've realized that pools are controlled by us. I still think that C-CEX is relatively good exchange and at least it provides way to store your coins .

OK, as long as u r still working on it.
huynhthuan999

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:16:18 PM

hope bittrex add MIN
virtualdn
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:18:15 PM

scratch game!!  Smiley Wink Cheesy

http://coinok.pw/scratch/min

please donate to increase prizes

1 BTC = 1 BTC
sovie

Activity: 1274
Merit: 265

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:24:15 PM

TO ALL NOOBS AND GREEDY PEOPLE THIS COIN WILL NOT HAVE A WALLET AND WILL NOT BE ADDED

TO BITTREX MINTPAL ECT UNTILL                                          POW HAS FINISHED

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THIS THEN PLEASE GO MINE SOMETHING ELSE YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN FAIR WARNING!!

AND NO AMOUNT OF QUESTIONS OF WHY AND BITCHING WILL CHANGE THIS.

THIS COIN IS NOT FOR YOU GO AND TRADE AND MINE CLOAK AND BITCH AND FUD ON THEIR FORUM

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING Grin

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
mitchellmint
Legendary

TRUSTplus Dev

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 06:25:29 PM

Its not all that hard.  I just take the Bulk Wallet Codes and plug it into a PDF that makes QRs.  In this instance, I just needed a place to dump my coins.  

I print 11x17 sheets with 8 dollar bill size of private money for events.  Ron White calls them COOO-pins.  I use different coins but keep to the fab 5 (BTC,LTC,FTC,DOGE and CCX)  Minerals is extremely new and SUPER digital.  I might print a sheet and have a celestial artist paint something super cool and load it up with coins.  Starcraft Dollars would be cool.

Keep hashing!!

virtualdn
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:26:46 PM

Its not all that hard.  I just take the Bulk Wallet Codes and plug it into a PDF that makes QRs.  In this instance, I just needed a place to dump my coins.  

I print 11x17 sheets with 8 dollar bill size of private money for events.  Ron White calls them COOO-pins.  I use different coins but keep to the fab 5 (BTC,LTC,FTC,DOGE and CCX)  Minerals is extremely new and SUPER digital.  I might print a sheet and have a celestial artist paint something super cool and load it up with coins.  Starcraft Dollars would be cool.

Keep hashing!!

what's your point. use the service you want nobody is forcing you to use it.

1 BTC = 1 BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... 453 »
  Print  

Jump to: