Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:25:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GoldReserve][XGR]X11 Unique Stabilizer Fund, BACKED BY GOLD NOW!  (Read 164047 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
captainbluff

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:00:50 PM

how much total gold does this coin own

7 grams and counting
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:18:09 PM

We could possibly set up and run a multipool for XGR. Depends how much interest/demand there is for it.

Hi! Thats sounds a wonderful idea! As I see the market and the new coins, there is a rennaisance of ASIC and Scrypt ASIC miners, devs who started a SHA-256 or a plain Scrypt coins have huge hashrates!
I do not want to take away the possibility  of mining with GPUs but to get a buying pressure we may have an agressive plan here.

GoldReserve Donation Acc: BTC: 16g8LVMpKAREXXQNRTUkxDNCoBykouTFZ9
GoldReserve Donation Acc: XGR: GftR1m2Gh8RPsNbQBZZ2xYHbWa7ps2dp8e
yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:39:18 PM

.... Look at the XC multipool, it's barely alive for X11 and CLOAK discontinued their multipool. My suggestion would be to contact coinking.io multipool and find out how we can get XGR as an option for payout.

I'd be interested how many people really use alt payouts @coinking.io. This could give an idea how many people would mine there for XGR.

The point is that BTC profitability is lowering each week. Imo the majority of people who mine on multipools mine for BTC and not altcoins for BTC for another altcoin. We didn't have high hash rates during XGR PoW, why should there be much more hashrate on a multipool for XGR?

A multipool will ask for BTC or XGR to set this up but to get real buy support with several BTC per day (this could really drive the XGR price up!) we would need maybe 100 GHash (X11) mining altcoins for BTC traded to XGR then. That's my point, I doubt that we will gather all that hashrate to really affect the price of XGR. With other algos (scrypt, sha256, scrypt-n) the profitability isn't any better than X11.

The solution is as simple as that who wants to "mine" XGR: mine on the most profitable multipool for BTC and put that BTC directly into buy orders on our main exchange allcoin.com.

cafords65

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:00:51 PM

Let me begin by saying I like the XGR concept. I never mined the coin but I have added a decent sum of BTC to the XGR market cap. Please understand I am trying to be constructive.

I believe the multi-pool concept is a zero sum game. The price of XGR will only increase if there is direct investment in the coin. If the miners in the multi-pool do not wish to hold XGR and sell on the exchange then the purchases by the multi-pool are negated. Thus the price/market cap simply does not increase.

Now, imho, if you would like the value of XGR to increase then two things must occur.
1. An exchange for fiat currencies --> XGR directly.
2. Merchant acceptance of XGR for payment of goods and services.

I believe you do wish to create a long lasting store of value in this coin. So the question is why is BTC successful? Again, imho, it is because BTC can be used to purchase real goods and services. In essence, BTC is also a fiat currency because it is only backed by trust; trust that there will be value in the future.

This is where XGR is unique and is not tied solely to trust, but a commodity. This is where I see value.   
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:08:16 AM

Would appreciate it if you could briefly summarise:
1) the strengths of this coin?
2) the weaknesses of this coin?
3) promises made? kept? any FUD?

Specifically to the dev(s), what will be the key original code/feature(s) in this coin?
You're using a newbie account. Will you be providing "Proof of Developer"? http://cryptoasian.com/coin-list/
Do you have C++ expertise?
smoothdoger

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:18:11 AM

Specifically to the dev(s), what will be the key original code/feature(s) in this coin?
You're using a newbie account. Will you be providing "Proof of Developer"? http://cryptoasian.com/coin-list/

The dev has already done POD, most of the info you want is on the first page
yogibaer
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:56:08 AM

Zoltan, did you contact https://www.litebit.eu/ for an option to buy/sell XGR directly for fiat?
mullakuz

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:12:28 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 10:40:03 AM by mullakuz

Dude! I just had a mad brain fart and came up with an idea -

Can you put a feature in the wallet where I can use a % of my POS to donate to the XGR Fund? Like some kind of Super-Stake?

That would be so boss I don't give a f...k.

I spend a lot of my time doing what is perceived as nothing.
mullakuz

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:36:37 AM

Let me begin by saying I like the XGR concept. I never mined the coin but I have added a decent sum of BTC to the XGR market cap. Please understand I am trying to be constructive.

I believe the multi-pool concept is a zero sum game. The price of XGR will only increase if there is direct investment in the coin. If the miners in the multi-pool do not wish to hold XGR and sell on the exchange then the purchases by the multi-pool are negated. Thus the price/market cap simply does not increase.

Now, imho, if you would like the value of XGR to increase then two things must occur.

I believe you do wish to create a long lasting store of value in this coin. So the question is why is BTC successful? Again, imho, it is because BTC can be used to purchase real goods and services. In essence, BTC is also a fiat currency because it is only backed by trust; trust that there will be value in the future.

This is where XGR is unique and is not tied solely to trust, but a commodity. This is where I see value.   

Wow when you break it down like that it really makes sense. +1

Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:47:54 AM

These questions proofs that you do not read even the OP. I see you are not a newbie, but I have to tell you that you should use the OP first, if you have further questions, I can answer them accordingly.

Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:49:10 AM

Zoltan, did you contact https://www.litebit.eu/ for an option to buy/sell XGR directly for fiat?

Hey yogibaer, I contacted them but they say they work with Bittrex and Cryptsy so if I want to list there I have to be on those exchanges.
But you can send them support tickets to ask for XGR there is no harm in that!

Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:53:09 AM

So, XGR, at the moment, not in the position to reach webshops and stores. I am aware of that we need merchants who accept XGR and I know where to start, but I think the time is not the best to start with that. I have plans and I think I have the right person to make those plans come true but we need to work on that first. When XGR will have a few improvements I am planning I will start bombing the merchant to add us to their list!

And of course as GoldReserve is connected to gold, the first merchant I have in mind will be a bullion merchant! We have a good change to get their but I want to improve it a bit, to be 99%!

dataMaestro

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:15:39 PM

This altcoin looks very interesting. Keeping an eye on it  Grin

And of course as GoldReserve is connected to gold, the first merchant I have in mind will be a bullion merchant! We have a good change to get their but I want to improve it a bit, to be 99%!

My 2 cents: a(nother) merchant you might want to pitch the idea to use this coin is EuroPacific http://blog.europacmetals.com/2014/05/euro-pacific-precious-metals-now-accepts-bitcoin/.
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:27:35 PM

This altcoin looks very interesting. Keeping an eye on it  Grin

My 2 cents: a(nother) merchant you might want to pitch the idea to use this coin is EuroPacific http://blog.europacmetals.com/2014/05/euro-pacific-precious-metals-now-accepts-bitcoin/.
Well, Peter Schiff is a whale, as Bitcoin itself. My coin is not big enough to interest to him! He see the marketing and market gaining power in Bitcoin thats why he is accepting it.

I approached https://www.coaex.com/ they are open for negotiation but I need to do some improvement before I will start that.

And I am not talking about months here, within weeks that can be a reality!

captainbluff

Activity: 422

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:12:04 PM

Well, Peter Schiff is a whale, as Bitcoin itself. My coin is not big enough to interest to him! He see the marketing and market gaining power in Bitcoin thats why he is accepting it.

I approached https://www.coaex.com/ they are open for negotiation but I need to do some improvement before I will start that.

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, you won't be able to tackle all the tasks alone.
Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 01:11:07 AM

Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, you won't be able to tackle all the tasks alone.

I am working on a better looking wallet with extra functions. I have a few things in my mind but I need some feedback on what is important and what can wait?
I am thinking of News (twitter feed), block explorer, and exchanges info in the first round.

mullakuz

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:50:01 AM

I am working on a better looking wallet with extra functions. I have a few things in my mind but I need some feedback on what is important and what can wait?
I am thinking of News (twitter feed), block explorer, and exchanges info in the first round.

A field in the wallet where I can allocate a % of stake to the reserve.

Mesterlovesz74 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:14:30 PM

A field in the wallet where I can allocate a % of stake to the reserve.

Ok, that is interesting, I will see what can I do.

liberatorium

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 10:44:41 PM

anybody have a link to a wallet that works? or addnodes? mine never had an active connection. i've uninstalled it several times, to see if re-installing helped (appdata-roaming and all i could find), but still not getting anywhere. even though it says on the homepage there is a new wallet (with ticker change), mine is still showing version v1.0.0.0 after installation. tia
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #dzMhUiEfK01L7JQO
yogibaer
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:57:34 AM

use in the goldreserve.conf

addnode=xgr.blockexplorer.cc

Wallet should sync fine!
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 »
  Print  

Jump to: