Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:00:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DIANNA: the IANA Decentralized design concept  (Read 16094 times)
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 07:53:35 PM

If I do this, I automatically make this DNS closed to other anonymous networks, as they will require i2p router to run. The DNS client must be light.

However it is possible to add i2p BOB transport protocol as additional layer along with TCP/IP

Then it would be totally anonymous if the blockchain only existed inside the I2P network.  The problem with Tor is you have to rely on a certain number of output nodes which could all/most be monitored and also blocked.
I'm sure that there will always be TOR exit nodes somewhere in the world that aren't blocked from accessing the DIANNA blockchain. 

I just don't like Tor as the only reason it went public because it makes the CIA darknet bigger for them to hide in.  I'm not a expert but I think a blockchain that solely exists inside the I2P network is a smart idea.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 08:02:34 PM

If I do this, I automatically make this DNS closed to other anonymous networks, as they will require i2p router to run. The DNS client must be light.

However it is possible to add i2p BOB transport protocol as additional layer along with TCP/IP

Then it would be totally anonymous if the blockchain only existed inside the I2P network.  The problem with Tor is you have to rely on a certain number of output nodes which could all/most be monitored and also blocked.
I'm sure that there will always be TOR exit nodes somewhere in the world that aren't blocked from accessing the DIANNA blockchain. 

I just don't like Tor as the only reason it went public because it makes the CIA darknet bigger for them to hide in.  I'm not a expert but I think a blockchain that solely exists inside the I2P network is a smart idea.
Ok. But then you limit it's availability. If you are concerned about being anonymous you could access the registrar using I2P and do the DIANNA lookups with I2P. I'm sure sites will pop up allowing you to access DIANNA through I2P, TOR, and just the regular old web.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 08:17:11 PM

Ok. But then you limit it's availability. If you are concerned about being anonymous you could access the registrar using I2P and do the DIANNA lookups with I2P. I'm sure sites will pop up allowing you to access DIANNA through I2P, TOR, and just the regular old web.

Check who is the biggest sponsor of Tor - https://www.torproject.org/about/sponsors.html.en - The US government and taken from the official Tor homepage - Tor was originally designed, implemented, and deployed as a third-generation onion routing project of the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory. It was originally developed with the U.S. Navy in mind, for the primary purpose of protecting government communications - All Tor traffic exits through a number of public nodes which are all known. These nodes could all be/being monitored and blocked.
Like I said I think a blockchain that solely exists inside the I2P network is a good idea as all Tor traffic is probably monitored and could be stopped by the US government.  The only reason they let it exist is to make the CIA darknet bigger for them to hide in. 

pent (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 08:32:47 PM

Check who is the biggest sponsor of Tor - https://www.torproject.org/about/sponsors.html.en - The US government and taken from the official Tor homepage - Tor was originally designed, implemented, and deployed as a third-generation onion routing project of the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory. It was originally developed with the U.S. Navy in mind, for the primary purpose of protecting government communications - All Tor traffic exits through a number of public nodes which are all known. These nodes could all be/being monitored and blocked.
Like I said I think a blockchain that solely exists inside the I2P network is a good idea as all Tor traffic is probably monitored and could be stopped by the US government.  The only reason they let it exist is to make the CIA darknet bigger for them to hide in. 
Looks like their child brought a lot of problems like Silk Road =)

There is no sense to make Tor/I2P transport layer to commucate to TCP/IP through it via out proxies at all.

Anyway, I need to get it work over TCP/IP first.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 09:20:20 PM

Looks like their child brought a lot of problems like Silk Road =)

There is no sense to make Tor/I2P transport layer to commucate to TCP/IP through it via out proxies at all.

Anyway, I need to get it work over TCP/IP first.

Like I said I only think the US let their creation public and continue is to grow their own darknet to make it easier for them to hide in.  They could monitor all exit nodes and they could block them all so I don't think Tor can be relied on long-term to hide in the internet but a blockchain that solely exists within the I2P network would be a very robust way to hide your mining, transactions and wealth.  As I don't think Tor can be relied on to access your bitcoins anonymously so a I2P alternative would offer complete anonymity as I don't know a way to connect to the bitcoin blockchain from I2P apart from a proxy (again which could be monitored and blocked) only using Tor.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2012, 09:36:37 PM

The websites your going to create DNS for hidden from censorship 'ect.' I think it makes sense to include them within the network.  If it won't work for Tor create a public blockchain for it(which shows its weakness) and a hidden blockchain within the I2P for that network.  If the SilkRoad got massive or this new 'Armoury' Tor site did or alt-currencies got massive and the US tried to block them but people were still using them via Tor the US could and would pull the plug on Tor if the thorn in their side got to big.  So if alt-currencies were outlawed and they also pulled the plug on Tor it would be very difficult for alt-currencies to be usefull but a block chain within I2P could still be used if people could get access to the I2P client because apart from outlawing encrypted web-traffic I see no way of stopping I2P unless they monitored a persons internet traffic.  You see with Tor they only have to monitor/block the output nodes which would be easier for them to find then monitoring every persons internet traffic for I2P traffic.  I think they would find it hard to ban Tor or I2P but to stop Tor it would easier (like I said they like a large Tor network for the CIA to better hide in) than I2P.  So an alt-currency within I2P could end up the only alt-currency if the likes of bitcoin got massive and the governments thought they were loosing too much tax.       

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 12:11:14 AM

The websites your going to create DNS for hidden from censorship 'ect.' I think it makes sense to include them within the network.  If it won't work for Tor create a public blockchain for it(which shows its weakness) and a hidden blockchain within the I2P for that network.  If the SilkRoad got massive or this new 'Armoury' Tor site did or alt-currencies got massive and the US tried to block them but people were still using them via Tor the US could and would pull the plug on Tor if the thorn in their side got to big.  So if alt-currencies were outlawed and they also pulled the plug on Tor it would be very difficult for alt-currencies to be usefull but a block chain within I2P could still be used if people could get access to the I2P client because apart from outlawing encrypted web-traffic I see no way of stopping I2P unless they monitored a persons internet traffic.  You see with Tor they only have to monitor/block the output nodes which would be easier for them to find then monitoring every persons internet traffic for I2P traffic.  I think they would find it hard to ban Tor or I2P but to stop Tor it would easier (like I said they like a large Tor network for the CIA to better hide in) than I2P.  So an alt-currency within I2P could end up the only alt-currency if the likes of bitcoin got massive and the governments thought they were loosing too much tax.       

Your assumption is that bitcoin tech (maybe not alt-currency offshoots) is not a CIA darknet project like Tor. Check your assumptions maybe?

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 12:31:54 AM

Your assumption is that bitcoin tech (maybe not alt-currency offshoots) is not a CIA darknet project like Tor. Check your assumptions maybe?

Possibly but I don't want to get to into conspiracy theory's apart from I do think the US government could shutdown Tor and also outlaw bitcoin transactions.  Leaving me no way to access the bitcoin block chain anonymously but if there was a I2P network that would not be a problem.    To be honest my own conspiracy theory's regarding bitcoin creation are more due with 'A.I' - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity  Grin

pent (OP)

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 01:39:44 AM

Moving forward =)

I started development repo and made some sketches in Java.

Details here:

http://dianna-project.org/forum/index.php/topic,11.0.html
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 12:38:17 AM

So I just watched an amazing (albeit long) presentation about SSL. He brings up some great points against DNSSEC that I had not thought about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Wl2FW2TcA

Convergence is just about SSL certificates and trust, and not about the DNS layer.  I think a plugin that works with convergence or a standalone plugin that works on some of the same ideas could really help build a usable Distributed DNS.

One of the most important parts of DIANNA (and Namecoin or even any other distributed DNS) is the ability to trust self signed SSL certificates. It cuts out the huge and unnecessary job of Certificate Authorities while not reducing security. 

The beauty of convergence is that you just click a button in Firefox and it works, and IMHO we need that for a DDNS to take off.

HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 07:40:00 AM

Is this project still active?

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 09:05:22 AM

I believe it is not. the dedicated forum is filled with spam.
I was very enthusiastic about it at the beginning, but I now realize it is probably not going anywhere.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2012, 12:55:19 PM

2) crash somehow MMM-2011 pontzi nonsense <--
 this will free 'pent' from his delusions and will put him back on right track   Wink

the fact that he gets involved in a Ponzi scheme is another reason why I do not think he is serious

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 04, 2012, 01:52:02 PM

I looked at their GitHub some weeks ago and the one and only change they made was to "become free of the Bitcoin developers" by using Freenode as the seed IRC server (Freenode doesn't like this!) and similar nonsense. At that point, I ceased taking DIANNA seriously.

ptshamrock

Activity: 484

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 05:50:13 PM

sad it ends like that Sad

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
ptshamrock

Activity: 484

View Profile
June 28, 2012, 05:50:46 PM

petn if ur really good at projects & programming contact me via pm..maybe i have something interesting

"Money needs to be depoliticized, and the time has come for the separation of money and state to be accomplished."
ArsenShnurkov
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:16:55 AM

http://waqur.livejournal.com/455527.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  All
  Print  

Jump to: