Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:57:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KiB] Kibweecoin | Proof-of-Contribution | Under rework  (Read 36966 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
becausePool

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:03:24 PM

By the way, we are working to get a trusted SSL, at the moment we are dealing with the self-signed one.

Try ssls.com,  They are pretty cheap and accept BTC

https://becausepool.com 1% fee on all coins.
Custom MPOS with single account for all coins. NOMP stratum servers.
Follow us on twitter @becausePool for updates during launches

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kib (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 09:58:42 PM

Okay the Certificate is now a 'trusted' one Wink

It's okay from my side, if just 1 can confirm.
smoothdoger

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 10:00:06 PM

Okay the Certificate is now a 'trusted' one Wink

It's okay from my side, if just 1 can confirm.

Yup, all is good Kib  Cheesy
Kib (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 10:04:52 PM

Awesome, thanks for the feedback !
minerpools

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:14:01 AM

http://kib.minerpools.com/

Registrations open!

- Dedicated server 512 SSD, 32GB RAM, 8 Core Processor
- 24/7 support at #minerpools freenode channel https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/minerpools
- Block finder bonus -
- 1% Fees
- No hassle, just login and mine

Get Ready! stratum for KibWeeCoin: stratum+tcp://190.143.38.247:4002 -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

sq

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:17:42 AM

Almost there!!!

jiandan

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:35:43 AM

no Wallet?
Kib (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:11:47 AM

(W0rkH0rse: your topic has been deleted for free troll attack.)

For today launch

Hi,

today is the Coin source code launch, and by the way, the PoW will start with the PoC.

To get the release hours please check here:
https://www.altcoincalendar.info/coins/536-KiB
http://www.cryptolaunch.net/kibweecoin.html

In no cases the coin will release before the hours above.
Even if we should be on the right time, it may happen that the coin will release with a decay of maximum 1 hour.

The link to get the sources is here:
https://github.com/kibwee/kibweecoin

For the Contributors:
don't forget to enabled your Contribution from the website if you want to be in the firsts Contributors.
The first Roll will happen on Block 280, after this Block, every 60th Block will generate a Roll.

If you want to become a Contributor, you can find a Guide here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=642933.msg7276036#msg7276036
azhago

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:14:03 AM

Windows binaries, or only sources ?

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:46:29 AM

Hello, I would like to claim the translation in French :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650726

I am finishing details right now but I claim the fact that I am the first to make a French translation.

bitcoin_newbie

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:17:54 AM

One more question. Lets say I buy some shares at 0.0001 now. After 20 days, when KiB is at bittrex trading at some price, will the share price increase correspondingly? And is it possible to convert my shares to KiB coins and sell at bittrex later?
Matni

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:18:29 AM

I will admit this is an interesting concept and I'll be paying attention to this. Good luck with your launch later, hope it's smooth and without trolls.

https://twitter.com/CryptoMatni
"I am Lindsey Lohannnnnnnn"
Kib (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:24:41 PM

Windows binaries, or only sources ?

Sources at the moment.

One more question. Lets say I buy some shares at 0.0001 now. After 20 days, when KiB is at bittrex trading at some price, will the share price increase correspondingly? And is it possible to convert my shares to KiB coins and sell at bittrex later?

That's 2 questions  Grin

To be fair with everyone, we are not planning to change the price, except in case of absolute necessity.

You can't turn your Shares into KiB. As the coin isn't premined, we have only 472 every 60 blocks to splits between all active contributors. But as said upper, we will work on a way to extract the Shares in the form of a code (like the BTC-e code).
altcoinherald

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:29:01 PM

Your coin has been added to the Altcoin Launch Calendar:

http://altcoinherald.com/3838

We'll stay tuned for further developments with your coin.

Kib (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 12:37:50 PM

Thanks altcoinherald, I updated the OP.
smoothdoger

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 12:40:16 PM

woooot launch day!
sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:05:02 PM

what's special about this coin? Dont get the Proof of Contribution thing? How do you measure if someone has contributed?
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:06:44 PM

Nice to see an innovative coin around here lately. Good luck with the launch dev. Smiley
JTB800

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:11:57 PM

Wow, this one takes some brainpower to follow!

I'm still a bit confused, but I think I get the main concept. Like many, I am unsure how this is superior to an IPO, but I do get that fairness is the goal.

47 billion "shares" versus actual coin number can be a bit confusing, but I see why you say that share totals are "irrelevant".

It is very (very!) difficult to comprehend if the share price is reasonable. And the fact that one cannot sell their "shares" but may be able to (some day in the future) do something or another in the blockchain is well, above my head at the moment. (I will have to dig in further on the concept, I guess).

Overall, I think the concept is a really fun idea, if nothing else. It even involves a bit of strategy as to when to turn on and off the shares.

A couple of minor, well, suggestions, I suppose, not really complaints. As English is clearly a second language to you (Kib), you are doing fantastic. But, you know, as actual English goes, well, you need a bit of work Cheesy . That doesn't really matter of course as, for the most part, you are perfectly understandable and your work on the coin is unrelated to whatever language you speak. Anyway, I'm just saying that after the initial rollout, you might want to think about maybe recruiting a friend who speaks English to give you a hand on the thread. It is definitely not fair, but I have found that many people are distrustful of coins where the main guy on the coin can't speak English. Think of it as the Wolong effect. (Wolong is a famous coin scammer, supposedly from China).

Which brings me to the name. I have seen people on this thread complaining about it. I think this is where the language gap comes into play. Kibwee may sound awesome and maybe even clever (who knows) in your language. However, it is a bit awkward to say in English. A "B' followed by a "W" is just not common in English. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of one word that uses those two letters together. Anyway, I think that is part of why you are getting complaints about it -- it's certainly no reflection on you.

But, back to the more important things:

This seems like an exciting new concept and I can't wait to see how it goes! Good luck to KIB!
Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 01:26:32 PM

Wow, this one takes some brainpower to follow!

I'm still a bit confused, but I think I get the main concept. Like many, I am unsure how this is superior to an IPO, but I do get that fairness is the goal.

47 billion "shares" versus actual coin number can be a bit confusing, but I see why you say that share totals are "irrelevant".

It is very (very!) difficult to comprehend if the share price is reasonable. And the fact that one cannot sell their "shares" but may be able to (some day in the future) do something or another in the blockchain is well, above my head at the moment. (I will have to dig in further on the concept, I guess).

Overall, I think the concept is a really fun idea, if nothing else. It even involves a bit of strategy as to when to turn on and off the shares.

A couple of minor, well, suggestions, I suppose, not really complaints. As English is clearly a second language to you (Kib), you are doing fantastic. But, you know, as actual English goes, well, you need a bit of work Cheesy . That doesn't really matter of course as, for the most part, you are perfectly understandable and your work on the coin is unrelated to whatever language you speak. Anyway, I'm just saying that after the initial rollout, you might want to think about maybe recruiting a friend who speaks English to give you a hand on the thread. It is definitely not fair, but I have found that many people are distrustful of coins where the main guy on the coin can't speak English. Think of it as the Wolong effect. (Wolong is a famous coin scammer, supposedly from China).

Which brings me to the name. I have seen people on this thread complaining about it. I think this is where the language gap comes into play. Kibwee may sound awesome and maybe even clever (who knows) in your language. However, it is a bit awkward to say in English. A "B' followed by a "W" is just not common in English. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of one word that uses those two letters together. Anyway, I think that is part of why you are getting complaints about it -- it's certainly no reflection on you.

But, back to the more important things:

This seems like an exciting new concept and I can't wait to see how it goes! Good luck to KIB!

I think there was a bounty for correcting the english thread, why not do it and reap the reward  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: