Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:35:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KiB] Kibweecoin | Proof-of-Contribution | Under rework  (Read 36974 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
willzminame

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

TEAM BTX

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:19:40 PM

patiently waiting for lauch to start mining Smiley
smoothdoger

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:32:11 PM

just wanted to pass along that i bought a few shares and they were properly credited to my account.
In case any of you were a little uneasy about it, it seems to work just fine so far  Smiley
Francecrypto

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:33:34 PM

Bought 1k share and they also were credited without problem. Now waiting for launch  Wink

Kib (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:42:16 PM

Hi,

Looks like an awesome coin... Shame it's a self-moderated thread. Oh well, I guess I'll pick up the next PoC coin.

Could you expend a bit and explain why to you think it's a bad thing ?

I'm up to debate on this, I made this thread self-moderated to avoid trolls and not justified attacks. Until now 3 posts has been deleted and I told it each time I did it:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=642933.msg7212258#msg7212258
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=642933.msg7194177#msg7194177
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=642933.msg7286530#msg7286530

Wow, this one takes some brainpower to follow!

I'm still a bit confused, but I think I get the main concept. Like many, I am unsure how this is superior to an IPO, but I do get that fairness is the goal.

47 billion "shares" versus actual coin number can be a bit confusing, but I see why you say that share totals are "irrelevant".

It is very (very!) difficult to comprehend if the share price is reasonable. And the fact that one cannot sell their "shares" but may be able to (some day in the future) do something or another in the blockchain is well, above my head at the moment. (I will have to dig in further on the concept, I guess).

Overall, I think the concept is a really fun idea, if nothing else. It even involves a bit of strategy as to when to turn on and off the shares.

I can understand that the theoretical side is pretty harsh to understand. The concept is very new, peoples have a lots of questions.
The relationship between the PoC mechanics and the market is very important and lead to a lots of maths, schemes and explanations.
For a basic practice, PoC is very easy to get (just check the website for a better understanding).
If you have any questions because something isn't clear, I'm here to provide an answer.

A couple of minor, well, suggestions, I suppose, not really complaints. As English is clearly a second language to you (Kib), you are doing fantastic. But, you know, as actual English goes, well, you need a bit of work Cheesy . That doesn't really matter of course as, for the most part, you are perfectly understandable and your work on the coin is unrelated to whatever language you speak. Anyway, I'm just saying that after the initial rollout, you might want to think about maybe recruiting a friend who speaks English to give you a hand on the thread. It is definitely not fair, but I have found that many people are distrustful of coins where the main guy on the coin can't speak English. Think of it as the Wolong effect. (Wolong is a famous coin scammer, supposedly from China).

Yes English is a second language and absolutely not my native one. The mainstream for Crypto is in English, and I have to deal with that.
As Francecrypto said, I have some bounties pending for helping me to fix my typos or mistakes.
I'm aware of the importance to have a perfect english, we will only reach this with the help of native speakers. We may even have to recruit a community manager in the future.

Which brings me to the name. I have seen people on this thread complaining about it. I think this is where the language gap comes into play. Kibwee may sound awesome and maybe even clever (who knows) in your language. However, it is a bit awkward to say in English. A "B' followed by a "W" is just not common in English. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of one word that uses those two letters together. Anyway, I think that is part of why you are getting complaints about it -- it's certainly no reflection on you.

Kibwee is harsh to say for most peoples, even on my language.
I like the "UFO effect" of this name.
But if this become a real issue, we will change it, just for KibCoin or so.
Anyway, thanks for your detailed feedback.

But, back to the more important things:

This seems like an exciting new concept and I can't wait to see how it goes! Good luck to KIB!

Thanks ! We are very impressed to see so many peoples supporting the project.
MajidBC

Activity: 182

KryptKoin is one of the best!!!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:42:31 PM

Finally, a little innovation! I think PoC will bring some investors here. And 0% premine is great. I will mine this.
vanish9

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:49:50 PM

http://kib.pool.mn/ is ready for pre-registrations!
Mining will be available when Kibweecoin launches!
Feel free to register and configure your miners before the coin launch

http://kib.pool.mn/ offers:
• 0,99% fees
• Powerful dedicated server
• DDOS Protection
• Friendly support via email, jabber or support forums
• Skilled admin

Please, join us

Kib (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:50:00 PM

- Reminder -
The sources code release is in ~2 hours, if you're a Contributor and want to Contribute straight after the launch: don't forget to turn on your contribution !
bitcoin_newbie

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 02:54:51 PM

Kib. You the man. After asking so many questions, I think I finally understood how this whole system works. This is very innovative. I am a shareholder now and have turned on contributions. All set for the KiB roll Smiley
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:02:21 PM

POC seems really like an IPO  Huh
bitcoin_newbie

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:04:55 PM

POC seems really like an IPO  Huh

It seems like it but it's completely not. Even if it is, this is innovative, so I wouldn't mind. Some IPOs have won for innovation & dev work.
bitcoin_newbie

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:06:33 PM

And how long does it usually take for the deposit to be converted to shares? Mine is currently pending.
smoothdoger

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:07:51 PM

And how long does it usually take for the deposit to be converted to shares? Mine is currently pending.

was about 6 confirms, took me about 40mins
bitcoin_newbie

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:09:03 PM

was about 6 confirms, took me about 40mins

Thanks mate. Will wait for some time.
Kib (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:21:23 PM

Kib. You the man. After asking so many questions, I think I finally understood how this whole system works. This is very innovative. I am a shareholder now and have turned on contributions. All set for the KiB roll Smiley

You're welcome, if you have any other questions, you know where to find me Wink

edit:
updated the OP with a new pool: http://kib.suvpool.com
Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:33:07 PM

You have to wait the bitcoin payment is fully confirmed, check it in your wallet (and keep it open until it's done)

donglaidongwang1

Activity: 50

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:45:00 PM

I  want some shares . Sad
bitcoin_newbie

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:49:31 PM

You have to wait the bitcoin payment is fully confirmed, check it in your wallet (and keep it open until it's done)

Thanks. Got shares credited.

And one suggestion. To make it fair for early adopters, the share price has to gradually increase every 'n' days by some 'x'. Otherwise I will be getting lesser and lesser KiBs once more active shareholders are on board which is logically fine but I would like some advantage for being an early adopter. Kib, please think about this. Thanks.
smoothdoger

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:02:57 PM

Thanks. Got shares credited.

And one suggestion. To make it fair for early adopters, the share price has to gradually increase every 'n' days by some 'x'. Otherwise I will be getting lesser and lesser KiBs once more active shareholders are on board which is logically fine but I would like some advantage for being an early adopter. Kib, please think about this. Thanks.

the whole point of the POC system is to stop the very thing you want from happening.....
RockAndPool

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:03:24 PM

www.rockandpool.com need your hashes!

0.1% Fee
Contact us at #rockandpool @ freenode

Choose one of the stratum servers and let's rock the hashes!

URL (difficulty 0.001): stratum+tcp://mining.rockandpool.com:9161

URL (difficulty 0.01 vardiff): stratum+tcp://mining.rockandpool.com:9162

URL (difficulty 0.1): stratum+tcp://mining.rockandpool.com:9163

Username: your  wallet address
Password: anything

sgminer --kernel darkcoin -ostratum+tcp://mining.rockandpool.com:9161 -u your  wallet address -p anything

Optimized GPU Miner: ./sgminer -k x11mod -o stratum+tcp://mining.rockandpool.com:9161 -u your  wallet address -p anything

CPU Miner: ./minerd -a X11 -o stratum+tcp://mining.rockandpool.com:9161 -u your  wallet address -p anything

Let's hash lets rock! - mining at rockandpool is now like soloming cause the lack of hashrate!
Francecrypto

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:21:48 PM

Well once they is more shareholders the amount of KiB earned will be less and the price will go up. So that's how you get rewarded as an early adopter i think. Unless mining yield way way more coin than shareholding.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: