Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 08:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KiB] Kibweecoin | Proof-of-Contribution | Under rework  (Read 36998 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kiki6990

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:48:36 PM

pool.mn has less than 51% now, so everything should be ok.

ok but are your shares incrementing?
yes they are, the pool works good now, everything is ok.

The Coin that's 100% Backed by Marijuana Cannabis!
http://CannabisCoin.net   Trade symbol [CANN] - YES WE CANN!
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:49:02 PM

VERY NICE COIN!!! BUT WHY NO IPO?Huh!!! SMALL MINERS ARE ALWAYS MISSING THE BOOT, WE NEED COINS WITH IPO!!!
Globee07

Activity: 397
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:50:02 PM

This thing is the hashrate was more than +51% during the POC blocks, allowing the fork by discovering the block + having the best chain.
I have no answer from the pool operators.

We are taking a decision at the moment.
If we need to restart the coin, we will do it so.

Lets hope they give those block rewards over to the POC console.
To be honest they really should, if not it seems the coin will relaunch and their already earnd coins will be destroyed.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
kiki6990

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:50:43 PM

and here is the truth: you may mine at pool.mn and leave all the coins to yoursefl (infcuding coins from POC blocks, whic are huge - 472 coins per POC block compared to 8 coins per regular block). Or you can go to another pool that donate POC blocks to the dev who will then sell these coins to you for bitcoins

pool.mn is not on a fork, dev is spreading fud coz he's losing his coins right now

although I agree that dev should have some reward for his work but in this case dev wants to take 50% of all Kibweecoins which is kinda huge

I'm not losing my coins, the contributors coins are forked, not mines.
0 coins are coming to me.
I may even have to restart the coin because of this fork. What the point so ?
If you are restarting this coin i`m out of this, i`ll never start mining it again. And i suppose lots of other guys will do the same here!!!

bitdigger2013

Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 07:51:23 PM

This thing is the hashrate was more than +51% during the POC blocks, allowing the fork by discovering the block + having the best chain.
I have no answer from the pool operators.

We are taking a decision at the moment.
If we need to restart the coin, we will do it so.

As a renter who will lose out on a restart I suggest you restart! No way should that pool benefit from 1888 coins+ if this continues.
anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:51:54 PM

and here is the truth: you may mine at pool.mn and leave all the coins to yoursefl (infcuding coins from POC blocks, whic are huge - 472 coins per POC block compared to 8 coins per regular block). Or you can go to another pool that donate POC blocks to the dev who will then sell these coins to you for bitcoins

pool.mn is not on a fork, dev is spreading fud coz he's losing his coins right now

although I agree that dev should have some reward for his work but in this case dev wants to take 50% of all Kibweecoins which is kinda huge

If you are restarting this coin i`m out of this, i`ll never start mining it again. And i suppose lots of other guys will do the same here!!!

^^ this
Globee07

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:53:03 PM

LOL dude people already paid BTC for those poc shares, so we need those poc blocks otherwise its us share buyers getting nothing not the dev.
He got the btc for the shares already.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
ZacharyComstock

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 07:53:08 PM

yeah, yeah, contibutors coins, premine, all the same stuff. No dev would confess that he's secretly wishing to dump coins that he control (through premine or POC as you call it) when there is a good opportunity.

pool.mn is on the same fork as other pool, compare block heights, every pool is on the same block

You may now relaunch the coin as this is clearly not what you have expected

trankil

Activity: 854
Merit: 539

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 07:53:38 PM

so you are  out

because its a new algo and the POC failed and have to be good , if its not good it's not a new algorythm coin but just an X11 coin

this coin is good because its a new way to think

so restart should be fair
Globee07

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:54:42 PM

VERY NICE COIN!!! BUT WHY NO IPO?Huh!!! SMALL MINERS ARE ALWAYS MISSING THE BOOT, WE NEED COINS WITH IPO!!!

There is/was some kind of ipo which is the new distribution system, POS , you buy shares for BTC and you get paid KIB (if it is not taken buy some pool lol )

anarchyx914

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:56:32 PM

Seems to me this is a coding issue. With a relaunch whats to stop the same thing from happening again? There are frequently pools that exceed 50% of the hash rate on coins (IE DedicatedPool) and they don't cause forks/problems.

ficoin

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:56:58 PM

so you are  out

because its a new algo and the POC failed and have to be good , if its not good it's not a new algorythm coin but just an X11 coin

no more agree
kiki6990

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:57:03 PM

so you are  out

it`s a new algo??? maybe it`s new for you brother. You are a supporter of the dev for sure, and now you don`t like what happend with this coin. The dev should be carefull of what code he wrote, there is no other problem!!!

smoothdoger

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:58:51 PM

yeah i agree it looks like a code problem, network seems to be running fine otherwise atm
Devs gunna have to relaunch at a later date, this should have been found on testnet
Kib (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 07:59:40 PM

Technically the POC block should be send to the address of our console.

At the moment they aren't and sent on the pool address. The only way to do it is to chage the source + having +51% of the hashrate and be the best chain.

It's not a bug, it's an attack.

Testnet and non testnet are doing well.
davisgreen

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:00:51 PM

hmm- another failed launch coz dev messed it up- i wasted some btc for poc and some hashing for mining i guess.

got already 100 kib- waste it is then Sad(

▄▀▀▀▄
             █     █
▄█▀▀▄▄       █     █       ▄▄▀▀█▄
█     ▀▄▄    █     █    ▄▄▀     █
 █▄      ▀▄▄ █     █ ▄▄▀      ▄█
   ▀▄       ▀█▄   ▄█▀       ▄▀
     ▀▀▄     █ ▀▄▀ █     ▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄  █▄▀ ▀▄█  ▄▀▀
           ███     ███
        ▄▄▀  █▀▄ ▄▀█  ▀▄▄
     ▄▄▀     █ ▄▀▄ █     ▀▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█▀   ▀█▄       ▀▄
 █▀      ▄▀▀ █     █ ▀▀▄      ▀█
█     ▄▀▀    █     █    ▀▀▄     █
▀█▄▄▀▀       █     █       ▀▀▄▄█▀
             █     █
              ▀▄▄▄▀

▄████████████▄▄████████████████████▄██▄███████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████████████████▄██████████████████▀████▄████████████████
████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀████▄████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▀███████████████
▀████████████▀▀███▀███████████████████████████▀█████████████
ficoin

Activity: 44

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:01:09 PM

At the moment they aren't and sent on the pool address. The only way to do it is to chage the source + having +51% of the hashrate and be the best chain.

Testnet and non testnet are doing well.
so ,what's the plan,relanch?
zhulick

Activity: 227

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:01:22 PM

a relaunch would be a mistake, and i would be one of the people that would be out...

it would be one thing if one pool jumped in early, or somehow maliciously attacked the network, but none of these things happened...

having one pool control more then half of the hashrate at a launch of a new coin is not unusual by any means, and happens all the time... most coins seem to get through this fact without an issue...

plus, there was no fork... all pools are on the same block... there was a mistake in coding that allowed one of the pools to mistakenly claim the POC reward... the pool didn't do this on purpose...

kiki6990

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:01:42 PM

Proove your saying, we want facts, not just words! It`s not about any attack at all, why would anyone attack a coin like this??

trankil

Activity: 854
Merit: 539

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:02:15 PM

it`s a new algo??? maybe it`s new for you brother. You are a supporter of the dev for sure, and now you don`t like what happend with this coin. The dev should be carefull of what code he wrote, there is no other problem!!!

yes new algo

i dont support dev i support innovation
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: