Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:38:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of fraudulent compaines and corporate failures  (Read 8549 times)
Little P 1 (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:00:40 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 07:28:50 AM by Little P 1

Dear Bitcoiners

I hope your well. My name is Malcolm O and I am running the start up Cryptovest Financial Services https://cryptostocks.com/securities/126

The disclaimer

This list is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to cause slander upon any of the companies , businesses or people listed here. Cryptovest, Bit4ME and the Little Phoenix Investment Group have no views or opinions in regards to the validity of the accusations posted here. The list is user generated and users of bitcoin talk are the accusers or defenders of the companies listed here.
All users are encouraged to do their own research before coming to a decision on the companies found in this list. Where possible that will be available in the details section.
This list is intended to encourage crypto investors to take more time before making investments into companies.
While I will do my best to moderate the list with the little spare time I have but I take no responsibility of its accuracy or claims. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

The disclaimer

Other lists
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651315.0

I am trying to compile a list of the companies that have failed in the crypto space specifically ones that have raised funds and then had a problem loosing their investors funds.

Thank you in advanced ill give a reward to everyone who adds a new company to the list. One reward for each company found and details of the incident or links to the details provided.

I would appreciate the help I know a lot of exchanges over the years, mining companies and small businesses have gone under  or forced buy
backs.

Please give details name of operator - location - amount lost ect - date set up anything else u can remember ( This is a working list I will update it weekly as you give me more suggestions)

examples of corporate failures ( more suggestions welcome)

(long start - over 1-2 years and still not operating)
corporate failure - Bankruptcy
Investor fraud (forced buy back below market value or Forced buy backs
Internal Fraud - stolen funds
Poor management
Bad practice  
poor ethical practice/standards

Company Name    -    Type of Failure -  details -        -accused                    Source

NEO & BEE      - Fraud/ loss of holdings  audio note on NEO
MT GOX  - Fraud/ loss of holdings

LABCOIN  - internal fraud          - ( details 7000 to 10,000 BTC  -accused Alberto Armandi, Fabrizio Tatti, Alessia Tatti, Daniel Larsson, aka theSwede75 who is presently press officer at Cointerra  reference) -            Reported by user E Sam

Active Mining - internal fraud - incompetence                                                    Reported by user steyehn updated by damiano

bASIC-Mining - CreativeX ran off with funds                                                       Reported by user damiano
COG - Garr mismanaged                                                                                  Reported by user damiano
Kylemax Studios - Owner gambled away IPO money.                                             Reported by user MrWDunne
Vircurex - miss management - loss of more than 1000 btc                                     Reported by user anasazi

JDBIF from cryptostocks - miss management / fraud -( details  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=504126.0)    Reported by user jonsi

BitcoinBourse: - Forced by back BitcoinBourse/ miss management ( details  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=361852.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=346503.0 )                                              Reported by user jonsi  +1 by user MrWDunne  

Bakewell: -(details https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104489.0  )                    Reported by user jonsi

Kenilworth Exploration (Australian Mineral Exploration):  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=200701.40    
                                                                                                                  Reported by user jonsi

Feedzebirds.com   Internal fraud ( funds used to fund own site, stop paying out dividends ) Bad management - focus on other personal sites      Ipo- may 24, 2012 Joint project of erik voorhees and ira miller Erik voorhees- currently being investigated  
                                                                                                                Reported by user steyehn

WeExchange/Ukyo    -(details https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=337523.0)
                                                                                                              Reported by user thehun

Ziggap (details (Bitfunder) Stolen funds -https://bitcointa.lk/threads/either-ryan-schreiber-founder-of-ziggap-has-gone-off-the-deep-end-or.112868/                                                                                              Reported by user the Newar

Asic Coop (GLBSE / Bitfunder   (-details Stolen funds / equipment https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=88008.0)
                                                                                                           Reported by user Newar

http://mybitcointrade.de/  (-details Stolen funds - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=115572.5)      
                                                                                                         Reported by user Newar

BTCQuick - Hacked/Incompetence/Shut down without warning - Jerrod Bunce  
                                                                                                         Reported by user adept

Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS) - (-details  Lost BTC: ~415. Operator of the fund ran off with the money Link to thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=228327.0)                                                                    Reported by user Bonam

FAS, FASBIT, and GRID
                                                       (-details listed on Cryptostocks Early warning signs https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=457431.0)
                                                                                                        Reported by user nwfella

Disputed cases

BMF - incompetence/ internal fraud  (DISPUTED)       - ( details  https://bitcointa.lk/threads/bmf-has-lost-access-to-its-wallet.321036/ )                                                                                                                                                  Reported by user damiano updated by user fluffypony
BMF - incompetence/ internal fraud (-details user claims to have only lost 800 usd of clients money ) originally reported by Reported by user damiano disputed by user Usagi

pending details

Inputs.io - trade fortress                     Reported by user damiano
coinlenders- tradefortress                   Reported by user damiano
 btc invest                                        Reported by user damiano
WeExchange/Ukyo                              Reported by user thehun

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
E.Sam

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 02:26:02 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 03:49:58 PM by E.Sam

LABCOIN - internal fraud - 7000 to 10,000 BTC - Alberto Armandi, Fabrizio Tatti, Alessia Tatti, Daniel Larsson (aka theSwede75 who is presently press officer at Cointerra) - Reference
steyehn

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 02:47:24 PM

Active Mining - internal fraud
Little P 1 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:00:18 PM

LABCOIN - internal fraud

Please give details name of operator - location - amount lost ect - date set up anything u can remember
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:29:55 PM

I'd update active mining and add just "incompetence"
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:30:33 PM

BMF - incompetence
RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:31:31 PM

Mpex exchange fruad

They fake trade volumes, no way they are doing 700btc a day in trade.

damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:31:49 PM

bASIC-Mining - CreativeX ran off with funds

COG - Garr mismanaged
damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:35:11 PM

Inputs.io - trade fortress

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 03:36:04 PM

coinlenders- tradefortress as well I belive

damiano
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:37:01 PM

Also btc invest ? I think

The list is endless
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:40:58 PM

Kylemax Studios - Owner gambled away IPO money.

Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:46:44 PM

Use the search feature.

Someone made a list of active stocks and their market caps about a year ago.  Run through the list and you will find that the operators of nearly all of them defaulted and ran with the money in some fashion.  Then go back and find all the listings for GLBSE from the year before that, again you'll find that 95% wiped out their 'investors'.

Then you can search for mining bonds; basically every operator of mining bonds defaults at some stage.

After you are done your research, you might as well fold up your exchange as you will realize that all you are doing is enabling fraud.
Little P 1 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:53:46 PM

Use the search feature.

Someone made a list of active stocks and their market caps about a year ago.  Run through the list and you will find that the operators of nearly all of them defaulted and ran with the money in some fashion.  Then go back and find all the listings for GLBSE from the year before that, again you'll find that 95% wiped out their 'investors'.

Then you can search for mining bonds; basically every operator of mining bonds defaults at some stage.

After you are done your research, you might as well fold up your exchange as you will realize that all you are doing is enabling fraud.

A list of active stocks doesn't always mean fraud or mis management.

Thanks for the heads up on mining bonds ^^ ill take a look.

Thanks if you find the list for me or the post i would really appreciate it.

I will give you each a reward for each company you find. As much detail as possible must be provided.

Kr,

Malcolm O
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 03:57:07 PM

Use the search feature.

A list of active stocks doesn't always mean fraud or mis management.

Since those 'active' stocks are all gone now, it means exactly that.  A small handful of them refunded investors, a couple are still in the process of bleeding their investors dry.  The rest wiped out their bagholders.
anasazi

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 04:21:58 PM

Cryptostocks/Vircurex. Accusations ranging from shady business practices too outright scam. It's more or less clearly documented in various threads on this forum.
MrWDunne

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:17:15 PM

Cryptostocks/Vircurex. Accusations ranging from shady business practices too outright scam. It's more or less clearly documented in various threads on this forum.
Vircurex maybe, definitely a screw up though.

Cryptostocks, while has a lot of scams on there is a generally functional site.

Little P 1 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:23:25 PM

Dear Anasazi,

Please give full details for your reward.

We are listed on Cryptostocks ourselves but I have heard that they lost over 2000 btc on Vicurex to be edible for the prizes u need to be the one to give the details.

Kr,

Malcolm O
Little P 1 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:26:37 PM

Mpex exchange fruad

They fake trade volumes, no way they are doing 700btc a day in trade.

Dear RiverBoatBTC,

U need some basic proof for me so i can add it to the list.  Also many exchange tinker with volumes so I don't know if i can count that as fraud in such an unregulated market its just bad practice.... hmmm Bad practice... I will make a new category ^^

Little P 1 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:33:04 PM

Also btc invest ? I think

The list is endless

Dear Damiano,

Please give me as many as you can find , pref the date , owners , amount lost as well.

I will give you a reward for each one you find if the list is endless you will get a much bigger reward as thanks!!!

I really appreciate it.

Kr,

Malcolm O
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: