Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:55:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a loan. Have collateral  (Read 4732 times)
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 08:40:53 AM

- it is possible to convert coins to cash fairly quickly, but it wasn't claimed that he actually did.  Maybe they went to the store with a credit card.

Of course he could have, but then he could have done it anyway without signing up to a forum, practically lay his life story in front of everybody, ask for a small amount of bitcoin, read and answer a bunch of replies from skeptical (rightfully so) people etc etc...

I'm not saying that this is a scam. Don't forget I wrote this:
If this works out there is still hope for humanity.....

I wasn't being sarcastic. I do believe there are good people and maybe just this time two managed to connect (the milkman and patrick).

But after I was burned on my very first loan here -and I admit I did no checking, I trusted the judgement of  veteran lenders here- Every deal here looks suspect to me. I would be very happy to see this loan work and restore a certain amount of trust in people.....

I too have some hope for humanity, but I leave most of the charity stuff to my wife because she is nicer than I am.  Sucks that your first loan went bad, but then that's the nature of the forum and the lending "game".  My preference is to help some, not get ripped by to many and earn some decent interest off others to fund the first and cover some of the second.  That's not an invitation to pick on my good-will, and I am known as "Mr Hold-a-grudge" to some.  (Ask my dead mother in law about that if you don't believe me.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 09:43:15 PM

No hockey updates?  When is this loan scheduled to default?
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 11:49:43 PM

Not for a few more weeks - but I expect it to.  Then I'll arrange a collection.
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 12:03:39 AM

Did you ever get the watch?
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 05:32:44 AM

Wasn't much point getting to posted to me at the time, but I should have got it sent to my friend in Minnesota.  (still, there is some shit that might happen there)
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 09:46:46 AM

-1 to "hope for humanity"  Sad

hope I'm wrong

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 09:59:17 AM

Wow, reading through this thread I also believe this is the Gambling junky going by the name of Rexcoin.

OOPS.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 02:19:41 PM

I doubt it is Rexcoin but Last Active:  March 13, 2012, 03:58:33 AM  is a bad sign.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 09:07:13 PM

update ?

Due in two days - I have a collection agent lined up.  Nicholas Milks is very easy to find.

As an aside, he does like hockey, and seems to have a daughter.  I know his work history, and his dad is Norman (around 60 years old), and has a nice, modest house.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
April 13, 2012, 10:59:04 PM

I think that established/advertising Lenders should be voted in as MODs for the Lending section in order to see IP addresses of prospective borrowers so that in case of scams etc, they could get started on ID legwork immediately and not have to rely on Theymos or anyone else if under time constraints.

Patrick, Burt, Kluge, Ina, senbonzakura......? ....others ?

This would definitely help in the pursuit of info gathering for defaulted loans and user identification etc.

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 12:01:17 AM

It is worth noting that over the past three months I've become a little wiser and am getting slightly better information from new customers.  Having said that, I also have a group of long-time customers that have proved their reliability and who I am happy to continue lending to without extra information.

In this case, I have good contact information, address, phone number, cross-references to other family members.

It is also worth nothing that some of the potentially fraudulent borrowers are being put off by the extra scrutiny, by either disappearing or changing their minds about requests.  That's a pretty natural evolution.

I'd also like to note I had a play on one of INAU's games and risked 75 coins for fun (got back 60) and not too fussed about the loss as my holdings have grown quite a bit over the past six months.  So while this 70 coin loan might be bad, it certainly doesn't break the bank.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 12:11:07 AM

It is worth noting that over the past three months I've become a little wiser and am getting slightly better information from new customers.  Having said that, I also have a group of long-time customers that have proved their reliability and who I am happy to continue lending to without extra information.

In this case, I have good contact information, address, phone number, cross-references to other family members.

It is also worth nothing that some of the potentially fraudulent borrowers are being put off by the extra scrutiny, by either disappearing or changing their minds about requests.  That's a pretty natural evolution.

I'd also like to note I had a play on one of INAU's games and risked 75 coins for fun (got back 60) and not too fussed about the loss as my holdings have grown quite a bit over the past six months.  So while this 70 coin loan might be bad, it certainly doesn't break the bank.

I still think you guys should be made MODs and the current 'Cabal' of larger lenders take control of the Lending forum.
I think you guys all share information and consult each other currently, so you are in a perfect position to further streamline things around here.

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 12:20:16 AM

I still think you guys should be made MODs and the current 'Cabal' of larger lenders take control of the Lending forum.
I think you guys all share information and consult each other currently, so you are in a perfect position to further streamline things around here.

Actually, from a governance point of view, that would be a mistake. 

As lenders, there may be occasions where moderators need to step in and provide an alternative point of view.  This separation of functions is important in many places, and I would not like to be in the conflicted position of having to pass judgement on my own actions - that would be a bad outcome for all concerned.  This is much like the SEC overseeing trading banks, and I'm sure most people wouldn't like to know the banks set the rules and then chose to ignore them without having to answer to anyone.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1130

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 12:43:08 PM

Personally you could not pay me enough to be a mod.  That is one very difficult job.  Thanks to all the mods for all of your fine work.  We all really appreciate it!

Now that I think about it, maybe that first statement was rash.  How much does a moderator position pay? Wink

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 01:02:08 PM

watching

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2012, 01:03:59 PM

If rexcoin is an addicted gambler it reminds me of scabbers who used to scam these boards and ripped me off a lot of coin.

PatrickHarnett

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 02:13:28 AM

update ?

Due in two days - I have a collection agent lined up.  Nicholas Milks is very easy to find.

As an aside, he does like hockey, and seems to have a son.  I know his work history, and his dad is Norman (around 60 years old), and has a nice, modest house.

A new update is available, but in the interests of commerce, it is available by private subscription.

Using my special Milkman39 address 1GJxrD74LoNC2x6pijY8Xe55ASdK74iyko you need to send 1 BTC plus a small random number of santoshi's and verify the amount by pm to receive the "what happened next" update.  (for example, 1.0003428) 
senbonzakura

Activity: 602
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 03:47:56 AM

?
Electricbees

Activity: 322

We are bees, and we hate you.

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 04:06:00 AM

?
I am equally curious...

Donations are welcome!
1BEES19ds5gEnRBoU1qNFPfjRXe94trMG3
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 02, 2012, 04:37:50 AM

update ?

As an aside, he does like hockey, and seems to have a son.  I know his work history, and his dad is Norman (around 60 years old), and has a nice, modest house.

A new update is available, but in the interests of commerce, it is available by private subscription.

Using my special Milkman39 address 1GJxrD74LoNC2x6pijY8Xe55ASdK74iyko you need to send 1 BTC plus a small random number of santoshi's and verify the amount by pm to receive the "what happened next" update.  (for example, 1.0003428) 

I would think that Milkman ran off with the money, and Patrick was trying to recoup the costs by selling information on him  Grin
Just my guess though.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: