Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:47:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN][GLYPH] GlyphCoin - | Cryptsy BTC/LTC | Bittrex | Glyphbox Release  (Read 64006 times)
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:58:46 AM

Orderbook is looking good, the name of this coin is good and the fact that this coin got intstantly listed on Cryptsy must make its team good as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
marada

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:13:03 PM

ALL OF THE RECENT 100 BLOCKS ARE Proof of Stake.

Is this the end of the POW?

I see some POW blocks are still coming, but at irregular intervals.
Can't explain why.
Filthy

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:09:19 PM

Can someone explain the minting or staking process to me,, I have had my coins staked since 6/20 and its 6/30 now and no rewards, the wallet says im staking and reward times are always   just a few minutes away, but i never get any steak meat. What is wrong if anything and what should i expect to see as a reward? I see in Chainz that POS rewards are flowing out like crazy, and I'm in line way early. My Glyph Wallet is encrypted and unlocked for staking, and up to date.
Thanks
Filthy

This is how do my GLYPHS stake:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yvsyid09cdztgcf/glyphs_stake.png

Can you say how long it took , and how the coins are spread out?

The exact time is visible. Now it is about three hours waiting for a reward. There are 812 Glyphs in this wallet. Your weight depends of the amount of coins you have. The net weight depends of the amount of coins staking in the network. Stake Interest 10% per annum.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but what I think it means if you stake all your coins all the time:
- if all existing GLYPHS are in stake - you get 10% per year - this actually doesn't happen, people keep their coins offline or at the exchanges.
- if a half of existing GLYPHS is in a stake - you get 20% per year for keeping all your coins in a stake all the year,
- if a quoter - you get 40% per year and so on.

Staking! Help!
I wish you would have read my post, i feel like were waisting time.
my wallet says where you pointed, by hovering the mouse over the green arrow bubble that my network stake rate is about 1/3 of the network. i should see big rewards, but in the top left under ammount, my stake is always 0.0, and I'm going on 11 days now without one single reward. And again, how long does it take to stake coins? 12hours - infinity? whats an average?
thanks in advance for any assistance.
marada

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:19:25 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 03:42:55 PM by marada

Sorry. I couldn't understand what was wrong and it's why I could only show how it should be for a comparison.
Now I think you may be at a wrong fork. Having 1/3 of network weight suggests it.

Could you post your output of getmininginfo from the wallet console?
We could see better what is going on.

What I would do if I were you:

1. Backup your glyph data folder.
2. Make a new one and copy your wallet.dat there (keep the backup of this file in a safe place or best the backup of the whole data folder).
3. Launch the wallet so it rebuild the blockchain.
PeterPalmBeach

Activity: 336

SellALL, BuyBTC

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:23:19 PM

Are we in PoS yet ?
All new blocks are PoS
Any update on the new wallet ?
Filthy

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:11:39 PM

Sorry. I couldn't understand what was wrong and it's why I could only show how it should be for a comparison.
Now I think you may be at a wrong fork. Having 1/3 of network weight suggests it.

2. Make a new one and copy your wallet.dat there (keep the backup of this file in a safe place or best the backup of the whole data folder).

How do I backup the data folder? the glyph wallet file is an application, cant see any files within it.
Filthy

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:20:38 PM

How do I backup the data folder? the glyph wallet file is an application, cant see any files within it.

please send instruction for backup data folder "for dummies" i cant find it. only the glyph application file.

heres the get info you asked for

11:13:07

getmininginfo

11:13:07

{
"blocks" : 22964,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 1114.00161125,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.00339243,
"search-interval" : 1
},
"blockvalue" : 5000000000,
"netmhashps" : 18911.46437956,
"netstakeweight" : 78743.82422294,
"errors" : "",
"pooledtx" : 0,
"stakeweight" : {
"minimum" : 0,
"maximum" : 0,
"combined" : 0
},
"stakeinterest" : 1000000,
"testnet" : false
}
BBZ

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:37:08 PM

there is some nice wiki how to stake:

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Proof_of_Stake

Your blockchain seems to be ok - compare block number to blockchain explorer: http://chainz.cryptoid.info/glyph/

Wallet and blockchain on windows is stored in: c:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\<nameofcoin>
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:40:36 PM

Hello, dev here.

The "trollbox" function is still under development, its taking our dev longer than we thought.

We are considering ending POW early and going to a full POS at around 2 million coins.

What does the community think about this idea?

I'm liking this idea of going to POS sooner then expected very much.  Please keep us updated on what you decide. Smiley

Anyone wanna estimate how many coins there will be at POW end?

My bet is 3 000 000 GLYPH Wink

I can't guess but how long until POW ends in your estimation?  Not sure what is being planned for this coin and would like an update from the Devs if this coin has anything in the works?

I wanted to point at difference between coin generation plan and reality...

At block 21000 (now) according to plan there should be like 2 450 000Glyph generated and like 4 550 000 Glyph left to pow generate.

Explorer shows 1 450 000.

With like 66% POS blocks there could only be 1 500 000 out of remaining pow coins generated.

That was my estimation 1 450 000 + 1 500 000 => ~ 3 000 000 GLYPH.

Thanks for breaking that down for me I found it useful and I do appreciate it.  
BBZ

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:59:43 PM

Thanks for breaking that down for me I found it useful and I do appreciate it.  

The more POS blocks the less coins Wink With current 90-100 % of POS blocks Glyph could end with less than 2M coins Wink

Hint: Glyph has twin coin Wink
Filthy

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:20:44 PM

Can someone explain the minting or staking process to me,, I have had my coins staked since 6/20 and its 6/30 now and no rewards, the wallet says im staking and reward times are always   just a few minutes away, but i never get any steak meat. What is wrong if anything and what should i expect to see as a reward? I see in Chainz that POS rewards are flowing out like crazy, and I'm in line way early. My Glyph Wallet is encrypted and unlocked for staking, and up to date.
Thanks
Filthy

This is how do my GLYPHS stake:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yvsyid09cdztgcf/glyphs_stake.png

The exact time is visible. Now it is about three hours waiting for a reward. There are 812 Glyphs in this wallet. Your weight depends of the amount of coins you have. The net weight depends of the amount of coins staking in the network. Stake Interest 10% per annum.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but what I think it means if you stake all your coins all the time:
- if all existing GLYPHS are in stake - you get 10% per year - this actually doesn't happen, people keep their coins offline or at the exchanges.
- if a half of existing GLYPHS is in a stake - you get 20% per year for keeping all your coins in a stake all the year,
- if a quoter - you get 40% per year and so on.

Staking! Help!
I wish you would have read my post, i feel like were waisting time.
my wallet says where you pointed, by hovering the mouse over the green arrow bubble that my network stake rate is about 1/3 of the network. i should see big rewards, but in the top left under ammount, my stake is always 0.0, and I'm going on 11 days now without one single reward. And again, how long does it take to stake coins? 12hours - infinity? whats an average?
thanks in advance for any assistance.

So now my question on staking is,,
how does the guy in the picture above get so many stake transactions and i only have .7 glyph in 2 transactions after 11 days? and now my stake is started over. because of the transaction. will it be another 10-11 days before i get another .7glyph? i have over 6,000glyphcoins up for stake.
marada

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:35:50 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 07:46:54 PM by marada

@ Filthy

BBZ is right. I only guessed it could be a wrong fork but now I see it isn't.
So no need to backup your wallet and rebuild the blockchain.

Files location depends of operating system. (Only in case if you need to backup a wallet in the future).
BBZ told you where it is usually located in Windows systems.
I use Linux and my data folder is in /home/username/.glyph
Don't know where it is in Mac OS.

Now I guess your problem has something to do with wallet encryption.
The proposed guide may help, especially the last chapter.
If it doesn't help you can consider giving up the encryption, let us know.

Sorry I didn't help after your first post, but just wasn't sure what was going on.
Wanted to show you where the staking info is and get some more detail from you first.

how does the guy in the picture above get so many stake transactions and i only have .7 glyph in 2 transactions after 11 days? and now my stake is started over. because of the transaction. will it be another 10-11 days before i get another .7glyph? i have over 6,000glyphcoins up for stake.

It is why I think you weren't really staking. The encryption could interrupt your staking.
It is also important how long do you have your wallet open. I had it unencrypted and kept open 24 hours a day.
Now more people may decide to stake so it can affect the network weight. I was staking when the most forgot to do so.
Let's see how will it go for you and me in the next days.
Filthy

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:47:04 PM

@ Filthy

BBZ is right. I only guessed it could be a wrong fork but now I see it isn't.
So no need to backup your wallet and rebuild the blockchain.

Files location depends of operating system. (Only in case if you need to backup a wallet in the future).
BBZ told you where it is usually located in Windows systems.
I use Linux and my data folder is in /home/username/.glyph
Don't know where it is in Mac OS.

Now I guess your problem has something to do with wallet encryption.
The proposed guide may help, especially the last chapter.
If it doesn't help you can consider giving up the encryption, let us know.

Sorry I didn't help after your first post, but just wasn't sure what was going on.
Wanted to show you where the staking info is and get some more detail from you first.

It is why I think you weren't really staking. The encryption could interrupt your staking.
It is also important how long do you have your wallet open. I have it unencrypted and kept open 24 hours a day.
Now more people may decide to stake so it can affect the network weight. I was staking when the most forgot to do so.

how do i turn off the encryption?
BBZ

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:51:57 PM

It is also important how long do you have your wallet open. I have it unencrypted and kept open 24 hours a day.

Just 1 insignifficant question, do you have your wallet running 24/7 ? I believe not, becuse you got 1 stake now - so you can stake. Wallet needs to be online so your coins can compete on network to be staked!
marada

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:22:17 PM

Just 1 insignifficant question, do you have your wallet running 24/7 ? I believe not, becuse you got 1 stake now - so you can stake. Wallet needs to be online so your coins can compete on network to be staked!

Could happen I forgot to launch the wallet after restarting the computer i.e. after kernel update.
It is also overclocked and could have crashed when I was sleeping and be offline for a while.

Basically my machine is running all the time and I try to keep wallet always online.
Some rare exceptions can happen.
BBZ

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:04:45 PM

that was meant for Filthy, not for you Wink
marada

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:16:43 PM

That is the question!

I would setup a new wallet without the encryption and send my coins there.

In case you want to try do the following steps.
Be careful. Make sure you understand what are you doing.
You can make a backup of you wallet data folder in case.
Try first with one glyph. If you are successful you can try with a bigger amount.

1. Close the wallet & change the name of the wallet data folder (you know already where it is) temporary to for example "glyphcoin-old"
3. Launch the wallet. It will create a new data folder and DO NOT encrypt it. # Now you are in the new unencrypted wallet
4. Copy your new receiving address to the safe place (text file).
5. Close the wallet.
6. Change your current (the new) wallet data folder name temporary, i.e. glyphcoin=>glyphcoin-new
7. Change your old data wallet name glyphcoin-old=>glyphcoin again & launch the wallet # Now you are again in the old wallet
8. Send your glyphs to the new address (copy the new address from the text file).
9. Exit the wallet, change data folder name glyphcoin=>glyph-old again and glyph-new=>glyph
10. Launch the wallet # Now you are in the new wallet and waiting for your glyphs.

You can simply switch between two wallets by changing the folders' names.
If you have a dot "." before folder name you need to keep it also all the time. The name may depend of operating system. I don't know what do you have.
Filthy

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:22:16 AM

That's why I was so freaked out, its been online 24/7 for all 11 days, encrypted but unlocked for staking.

I will move computers and setup new wallet and send them, thanks for the help all. I guess that first crutial week I missed is gone now. I can't move the coins till tomorrow, so maybe we can think of something else to salvage my week, but I doubt it. Since it did one stake transaction it has split coins and started over.
Also I was under the impression that if one wanted to he could bring the wallet online and unlock it once every 90 days to retrieve his stake, is this false?
In any event, mine was online and unlocked 24/7  Undecided
Filth  Kiss
originalchilli

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 01:02:24 PM

Dev update:

The "trollbox" wallet feature is almost complete, and we are considering ending POW earlier - however, not enough of our users are staking coins to maintain a healthy POS-only network.

We're talking to exchanges to see if they can stake some coins, and perhaps some of you will.

Also in consideration is an anon-mixer masternode type system with wallets that would be staking and keep the network strong.

Thanks for the renewed interest. Good things are coming - not just any coin gets Cryptsy insta-add Wink

www.glyphcoin.com

thanks for the update Dev

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER -  @originalchilli
wakhidNkcom

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

Nkcom Collection Shop

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:23:39 PM

nice interface of wallet  Wink
can i join this community? hahaha..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: