Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:34:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT/NEM or Monero/Bytecoin?  (Read 5163 times)
atoni

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 11:23:19 AM

Let's agree to make it one person not to beat around the bush any longer and we can end this discussion Grin

Sure, who likes to read Facts U Dislike anyway Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 12:16:17 PM

there is 176094 wallet addresses holding between 10-100 doge coin..
and your NEM will distribute to what.. few thousands people. which last time i checked there is like ~1500 unique users in BTT. so already we can see there are people taking more then one stake.
and then what. where will the new influx of new people will come to NEM coin come from? What is it offering that is different? is it good enough to grow in numbers not just in $$volumes?

Doge with wallets over 1$ is... 153,956 OK but now...  fail build of doge is in POW...
when reward will drop to 10000 hash-rate will drop to 8Ghs while LTC will have 300Ghs one big farm
can wipe Doge network in future... and ruin your economy, this is fail of Doge POW build...
Doge moving into POS then will be some solution, and you will be forced into that this is only matter of time.
Mark my worlds after few double sped attack POW party will be OVER.

Coins without inflation can't rise forever Doge won't rise too...
Doge in 1st day didn't have 1500 users so is hard to compare to NEM today let it be released and observe...
Look at Doge network how is collapsing over time here you have number wallets over time:
85 000 wallet to -> 15 000 today... still impressive but i talk about trend and you will understand that ( 153,956 number addresses means not too much)
Doge is not in real use. that is the point Doge network is not expanding.
PS: I am Doge fan too but chart is terrible but true.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
devphp

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:36:18 PM

Let's agree to make it one person not to beat around the bush any longer and we can end this discussion Grin

Nah, you just post disinformation, yesterday you said there are only 100 nodes in NXT network, now you say it all belongs to 1 or 3 people. Tomorrow you'll pull another rabbit out of your hat. I understand you want to buy cheap NXTs, everybody does, but it's as cheap as it will go now, so don't waste your time, another couple of weeks and the price will be higher because a lot of new things are coming to NXT.
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:47:57 PM

Nah, you just post disinformation, yesterday you said there are only 100 nodes in NXT network, now you say it all belongs to 1 or 3 people. Tomorrow you'll pull another rabbit out of your hat. I understand you want to buy cheap NXTs, everybody does, but it's as cheap as it will go now, so don't waste your time, another couple of weeks and the price will be higher because a lot of new things are coming to NXT.
I hope so, because i have to tell you I'm starting to get a little nervous at the moment.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
devphp

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 02:52:01 PM

I hope so, because i have to tell you I'm starting to get a little nervous at the moment.

Absolutely no reason to be nervous.
I am, on the contrary, excited about what August and the following months will bring, a lot of changes to the crypto world are coming, and NXT is on the edge of innovations!
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:05:35 PM

Why is that?

I don't even really want to bump this thread since I created it over a month ago and since then I've become much more familiar with both technologies. But your post has made me curious.
M-Plan

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 08:37:40 PM

I have not that knowledge like some other have here in this thread but I guess I can explain you my opinion about this discussion.
NXT was the first POS.
Monero is something you can mine.
NEM will be the first Proof of Interest. I can see the quick proceedings in NEM. NEM brought already the alpha version. There is a great community standing behind this coin. Maybe bigger than in all other coin imo. But it is just what I guess.

Sadly I missed almost everything about Bytecoin. When came this coin up?

Dont forget I'm not that kind of pro like some others here and I'm not so often in btt but I'm very excited about some new developments.
I will keep an eye on NEM and NXT as the most popular second gen coins.

Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:00:09 AM

NXT was the first POS.

Peercoin aka PPCoin was the first PoS coin actually. NXT is the first "PoS 2.0" coin.
atoni

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:07:34 AM

Which disinformation? I was using number from one of Deadelus forum posts where he was begging for people to leave wallets open to have secured network.

And your number of 300 wallets receiving a reward in an entire week is interesting too (thats 300 wallets in entire week lol) Smiley

I didnt say that entire network belongs to a couple of people but 75% of it and for that I used Jl777Hodl interview on Szalasz blog (one is founding member of NXT other is nxt champion so I couldnt have used better sources).

Care to comment on how JL777Hodl pays NXT community to fake volume on Poloniex while at same time he is unloading it to poloniex noobs (and sadly his own community members) at 100% profit in arbitrage?

https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/price-speculation/msg66820/#msg66820

Not to mention that at NXT original thread he is congratulating to himself for having such high volume (which is not laughable because its only 5 btc, but because the fact that its paid fake volume).

atoni

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:28:11 AM

NXT was the first POS.

Peercoin aka PPCoin was the first PoS coin actually. NXT is the first "PoS 2.0" coin.

Entire crypto 2.0 is debatable.

Ripple was first crypto 2.0 and it set the standards (2 years ago). It offers instant transactions, ability to send any currency anywhere (you can send even USD, EUR, BTC, or airline points) instantly, asset exchange (where you have the ability to make your own order books in any currency you want), gateways (where anyone can become a gateway) etc etc.

NXT so far managed only to copy asset exchange from ripple (but in next you cannot choose in which currency to list assets etc, nor can you make your own order books, its central exchange) and will try to copy gateways (but run by devs, not by anyone) and will try to copy instant transactions (but only in nxt, you cannot transfer other currencies).

So NXT and other clones of ripple can be called crypto 1.1 only for now since they managed to copy only small part of Ripple so far.
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:37:40 AM

NXT was the first POS.

Ripple was first crypto 2.0 and it set the standards (2 years ago). It offers instant transactions, ability to send any currency anywhere (you can send even USD, EUR, BTC, or airline points) instantly, asset exchange (where you have the ability to make your own order books in any currency you want), gateways (where anyone can become a gateway) etc etc.

NXT so far managed only to copy asset exchange from ripple (but in next you cannot choose in which currency to list assets etc, nor can you make your own order books, its central exchange) and will try to copy gateways (but run by devs, not by anyone) and will try to copy instant transactions (but only in nxt, you cannot transfer other currencies).

So NXT and other clones of ripple can be called crypto 1.1 only for now since they managed to copy only small part of Ripple so far.

Ripple is centralised though so most people don't even consider it in the same category. Not that it isn't an interesting idea though.

devphp

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 11:55:54 AM

@atoni,

I have no idea which blog post you're referring to. Whatever it is, there is objective information that you get from analyzing the blockchain (300+ successful block generating accounts) and there are subjective opinions in the blogs. You need to check the date of the post also, if it was some time ago, things have changed a lot.

Likewise, there are subjective opinions on which assets to invest into, why do you ask me to comment on one of them? It's not like all the NXT community invests in one and the same assets, community is decentralized just like NXT itself, unlike Ripple Wink
atoni

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:07:37 PM

NXT was the first POS.

Ripple is centralised though so most people don't even consider it in the same category. Not that it isn't an interesting idea though.

Ripple is not centralised, its distributed. There was good picture by some of nxt members that shows how it goes from centralized  - decentralized - distributed so one can argue that distributed is more advanced. And it has nothing to do with centralized, its actually the opposite.
atoni

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:12:12 PM

@atoni,

I have no idea which blog post you're referring to. Whatever it is, there is objective information that you get from analyzing the blockchain (300+ successful block generating accounts) and there are subjective opinions in the blogs. You need to check the date of the post also, if it was some time ago, things have changed a lot.

Likewise, there are subjective opinions on which assets to invest into, why do you ask me to comment on one of them? It's not like all the NXT community invests in one and the same assets, community is decentralized just like NXT itself, unlike Ripple Wink

Read Szalasz blog with interview with JL777Hodl where he explains how they released only 25% of currency to people and still control 75%.

It is not some random asset that I used, for that type of scam there is over 160 assets on nxt asset exchange that are blatant scam which I could use as example. I used post and asset from NXT Founder and its Developer so you can pretty much say one of Nxt Main Figures that pays for fake volume to unload his crap on noobs.

And there you go again with Ripple being centralized, you already saw that picture which shows you the difference between centralized - decentralized - distributed so I dont know why you are playing blind englishman here.
atoni

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:19:50 PM

I will help you, here is quote from JL777Hodl.

"This means the active liquid NXT is probably around 250 million total, which is still plenty especially with the normal trading volumes of 1 million NXT per day."
devphp

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:22:01 PM

Please post links to blog, etc., you can write anything here as you always do, I'll believe when I see the links. Chances are you're misinterpreting someone's subjective opinion.
devphp

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 12:23:24 PM

"This means the active liquid NXT is probably around 250 million total, which is still plenty especially with the normal trading volumes of 1 million NXT per day."

And? The active liquid Bitcoin is probably 1 million or less, the rest is hodl'ed and never leaves wallets, what does it have to do with anything?
atoni

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:08:20 PM

Please post links to blog, etc., you can write anything here as you always do, I'll believe when I see the links. Chances are you're misinterpreting someone's subjective opinion.

How is that subjective opinion? Its a quote
atoni

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 01:09:36 PM

And? The active liquid Bitcoin is probably 1 million or less, the rest is hodl'ed and never leaves wallets, what does it have to do with anything?

It has a lot to do with anything. First and more important stakes dont matter in POW currencies while in POS they are the only ones that matter. So if a couple of people control 75% of network its EXTREMELY important.
Este Nuno (OP)
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
July 19, 2014, 02:10:31 PM

Where does it say that 75% of the NXT is held by one or two people?

That sounds like he just means that 75% of the NXT is locked away in cold storage or something not on the network. Which isn't too surprising really. Doesn't sound like he's saying it's controlled by one or two people.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: