Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:46:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs ( BFL ) Official Issue Thread  (Read 5451 times)
GWilkiejr (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 02:39:57 PM

I'm making this thread as a repository for BFL dissatisfaction.  So many of us have been screwed by BFL, and anyone on their forum's with their own opinion is banned for "posts unrelated to topic" which translates to "You said something we don't like."   

Anyhow here's the deal.  I want as much info posted here as POSSIBLE. Screen shots of deleted posts, posts that BFL_Josh has made raging and then deleted, order info (no sensitive personal data please.), BFL screen shots showing delivery dates that were obviously inaccurate, anything that you have and ESPECIALLY your story.  I will compile this info and share with the DA, attorney general and wood law firm who is the lead attorney on the class action law suit. ( http://www.woodlaw.com/cases/butterfly-labs-and-bf-labs-inc-bitcoin-miners )  As far as their legal troubles are concerned here's a taste:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1QYUo9oe-ZxTkdWemxEMmhIaFk/edit?usp=sharing

Here's just part of my beef with these guys.  I tried to be civil, but they acted like complete a**&#@$s so I have become an anti-BFL vigilante if you will.  Try to keep your posts as matter of fact as you can.  I know it's hard because we have all given them millions of dollars and are now getting the screws put to us.  This creates a ton of emotion and I am in the same boat with you guys, but let's keep the info here clear so that it can be utilized for our cause, which is getting our money back and seeing to it that BFL has done this for the last time to people.

BFL,

Please forward this to Josh.

I find it very interesting that your attorney general forwarded my complaint to your local District Attorney.  As it turns out there is more litigation in the works than we as consumers were unaware.  I also find it humorous that you all have edited the forums to include only customers who post things that are about the working of the cards versus how folks actually feel about your business practices.  You know what that tells me (and the DA, Jury, or anyone else who inspects it?)  It shows intent to  deceive.  You are sealing your own coffin by acting the way you are.  Also blatantly denying that this exists: http://www.woodlaw.com/blog/customers-unite-bring-class-action-against-butterfly-labs then threatening to ban anyone who references it so that the rest of your active community stays in the dark. It’s just a bad showing, or rather a lack of professionally.   Don’t worry though – I screen capped all the comments prior to deletion.  That way there’s nothing missing that might shed some light on the case for the prosecutor.    Remember when I said that stifling people’s voices is never a good choice?  It leads to rebellion, but I digress.  My point is this – You never really know to whom your dealing with unless you have had personal experience with them.   You attempted to ridicule me about my poor advice I shared with folks and a few other nasty things in response to my sharing facts about your business practices and our federal government’s stance on business practices.  At any rate Josh I have no expectation of anything from you or your company at this point.  My order was $4k.  I could really care less, as that’s not a ton of money to me; however, what is important now is winning.  I will see to it that BFL changes their business practices and complies with the FTC even if it costs me 200k.   It’s principle now.  Bitcoin is hobby which I enjoy thoroughly, and you have hampered that while infuriating me and hundreds of other folks who had made serious plans based on your company’s statements.  Now it’s time to pay the piper.  Believe me when I tell you I have the means and desire to see to it.   
  Hindsight is always 20 20, and while I may not have been the only opponent you have in the world I will become the most vocal and most organized.   To think that if you would have simply complied with my simple request earlier this would have all been avoided.  See you soon.

-Gerald

Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 11:32 AM
To: office@butterflylabs.com
Cc: Gerald.wilkie@upmanns.com
Subject: RE: [#GLV-205-76031]: RE: Butterfly Labs - Bitcoin Mining Hardware: New Order # BFL-013348136

BFL,

Since there has been no attempt on your behalf to reconcile the situation, and as I had previously advised you, I have now opened official complaints against your company with both the KS and NC  attorney generals offices.   I will be meeting with my attorney tomorrow to begin the process of filing suit for damages resulting from manufacturing negligence and loss of income in addition to the original purchase price of the hardware, as well as, all legal fees associated with this endeavor.

On a personal note it saddens me to have to take this line of action.  I had such high hopes for a great relationship with your company.  The most troubling part is twofold: First that you all are breaking the law by holding customers money for a longer period of time than you are legally allowed to without being classified as a fiduciary.  Secondly that on your website it STILL says that if you buy a Monarch it should arrive by June of this year.

“  However, this is our second generation, so we have much greater clarity on the process and plan to begin shipments in May 2014.  Orders are shipped in order date priority so any order placed now should be expected to be delivered in June.”

As I have been advised, I have attached a copy of the confirmation of my complaints to this email for your reference.  Lastly should you decide to comply with my original reasonable request for a full refund in BTC to my wallet:  1CURKLXqJ1autETY4X5w1wkM5JHGqGN7Nb  The amount is now at the original order of $4,348 + $200 for my legal consultation thus far.  That brings the total to; $4,548 or 7.97894737BTC.

-Gerald Wilkie

Included:

Your Consumer Investigation Request Form has been submitted to the Kansas Attorney General's office!
Thank you for filing with our office. Once your request is received, it will be processed by our office and reviewed by attorneys to determine how we can assist you. A case number and Investigator will be assigned. The Investigator will contact you and provided you with your case number in approximately 2 weeks from receiving your complaint. Also, please be aware that the business you are filing against will be contacted and given a chance to respond. Normal initial processing time is between 2-3 weeks, but an investigation could take several months. If you need assistance sooner, you may want to contact a private attorney.

Also Included:

Thank you for submitting a complaint to the North Carolina Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division. We’ll review your complaint and work with you and the business to try to reach a resolution of your dispute.

Please remember to mail copies (not originals) of any supporting documents such as contracts, bills of sale, receipts, written estimates, or warranties to our office at:

Consumer Protection Division
NC Department of Justice
9001 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-9001

You can also call us toll free within North Carolina at 1-877-5-NO-SCAM, at (919) 716-6000 from outside of North Carolina, or at (919) 716-0058 for Spanish speakers.

Sent: Friday, May 23, 2014 12:49 PM
To: gerald.wilkie@upmanns.com
Subject: [#GLV-205-76031]: RE: Butterfly Labs - Bitcoin Mining Hardware: New Order # BFL-013348136

Gerald,
We are refunding orders placed 6 months ago or longer. That is all we are refunding at this point in time (subject to change). Your order will be eligible for refund under our current policy on 7/1/2014. If we do not ship your product to you by 7/1/2014 you will be able to request and receive a full refund and your order will not ship to you. I will not speak to FTC regulations, the current refund policy was instituted by executive management at Butterfly Labs, Inc.

Kindest Regards,
Paul
BF Labs, Inc.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: GLV-205-76031
Department: General
Type: Issue
Priority: Normal

Support Center: https://support.butterflylabs.com/index.php?/Default

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:17:35 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 02:10:14 AM by Bicknellski

I will do what I can to compile as much as I can from the threads available and list all the relevant links and send you a PM with the working document. I hope others will come forward to help with this and finally puts BFL out of business.

BFL List of Lies Thread
BFL Fucks us Over Again Thread
Announcement - ASIC mining processor by Butterfly Labs Thread
I'm starting to get fucking pissed (BFL)
BFL Product Failures / Underperformance.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
GWilkiejr (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:46:41 PM

Thanks for the help Bick.  These guys at BFL need to be taken to the mat. 
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:27:42 AM

Thanks for the help Bick.  These guys at BFL need to be taken to the mat. 

Arm bar submission?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:00:50 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/bitpay-processes-1-million-bitcoin-order-butterfly-labs/

Published on October 29, 2013 at 13:31 BST (ButterflyLabs Standard Time)

BitPay has processed its largest ever single transaction – $1 million for bitcoin mining hardware manufacturer Butterfly Labs.

This means that, at the current price of $192 per bitcoin, Butterfly Labs received an order for around 5,208 BTC-worth of mining equipment. BitPay then processed this order, depositing the equivalent in fiat currency in Butterfly Labs’ bank account.

Despite the size of the order, the cryptocurrency payment processor processed it in their usual one-business-day timeframe.

Tony Gallippi, co-founder and CEO of BitPay, said: “The speed, reliability, and certainty of payments over the bitcoin network is expanding at a rapid pace, and in many regards has already surpassed the functionality of our 60-year old credit card networks.”

Butterfly Labs is notorious for missing delivery deadlines, so bitcoiners awaiting the delivery of their mining equipment may be hoping this large transaction will allow the company to speed up its production and delivery.

“Butterfly Labs can now ship this merchandise with confidence that there will be no reversibility or chargeback of the payment, which is a significant risk when accepting credit cards online or PayPal,” said Gallippi.

Jeff Ownby, vice-president of marketing at Butterfly Labs, said his company was confident all along that BitPay would be able to process such a large transaction.

“The $1m payment with bitcoin is only a down payment of a much larger institutional order for 28nm product, and is not related to 65nm production,” he added.

Ownby went on to say Butterfly Labs has quadrupled its 65nm production in the last six weeks and has doubled its production staff.

“Funds received for 28nm Monarch products are used for production of our 28nm Monarch cards only. We expect to begin delivery of Monarch cards in December,” he concluded.

The latest update from Butterfly Labs was at the start of September when the company announced customers could transfer their orders to another person. Customers can do so using the classified ads section located at the top of every page of the forum for hardware sales.

https://blockchain.info/tx/1b6ea350c094071412df1f801651263fd65ffa0b89ad6c8626ceeca8755f50bc
October 21 Estimated BTC Transacted   5,562.354 BTC BTC about $1,001,223.72 at ~$180

This is the one. At least per a bit of Googling -- http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11283333.htm

If only I had found this thread sooner Tongue

EDIT: Funny how the only [tiny] image of the BitPay receipt (that I could find so far) is paired with an article written by someone from BFL </tinfoil hat>

Because I'm an awesome guy, I'm paying acorn $10 USD and Korbman $5 USD via bitcoins. Please provide me an address via PM so that I can pay you. Apologies for not PM'ing you both for the time being, for I'm busy.

~TMIBITW

Interesting! Three hours prior to the $1M USD transaction, this...

Re: Gigamining: Request for claims
October 21, 2013, 02:55:47 PM
Claims are now closed.

The law officer is the same used by the HashTrade two main principles going back several years: https://virtualprocessingsolutions.com/claims

qpage at mylawyr dot com

or

Law Offices of Carlos M. Fleites
ATTN: Quentin A. Page
407 Lincoln Road, Suite 12-E
Miami Beach, FL 33139
USA

True. And also interesting is that Gigavps is the CMO for HashTrade Wink
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 10:45:08 AM

Some newer posts in the bfl forums seem to be worth further review. Particularly slok saying there is no class action suit. LOL.

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:39:08 PM

Some newer posts in the bfl forums seem to be worth further review. Particularly slok saying there is no class action suit. LOL.

Did the suit get class certification?  As far as I know the suit hasn't been given class certification, yet.  Clearly it's SOP misdirection tactic by camp BFL.  Since the suit isn't certified class action yet he can claim there is no class action law suit and unsuspecting marks will hopefully get the idea things are fine and dandy.

The comment had ONE single purpose and that was to PORTRAY a certain image, while trying desperately to maintain an air of legitimacy in order to make the new marks fell more secure...

BFL is a propaganda JUGGERNAUT, and a good propaganda campaign can work on the unwashed masses for a LONG time.  You know things are starting to unravel when the assholes start grasping at straws like this.  Time is not on their side, the piper is coming, all that is left is to determine how much he wants and when he is coming for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: