Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:39:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Treat developers better - XHC THREAD MOVED  (Read 113178 times)
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:24:59 AM

Great wrok  Shocked

3K+ sat will back
once everything will be in place and the new wallet, pool etc.. will be ready and we the community will be supportive and deciding to be long investors, I know how grab other investors' attention to this coin...

Yeh, we'll need this skill of yours. We need to make this coin appealing, maybe before than 20 june have we some other plan for an unique and specifically strategy about it?
I liked the previous logo but from what I'm understanding it was not original... but more charismatic
Anyway, thank you for the hard job

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
testadimerlo

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 08:30:38 AM

I was just checking out the new Honorcoin website and saw the About Us page.
On the page it says "A real development team!" and it includes this photo:

Who are these people?
http://nurture-education.com/about-us.html
http://www.alabamaschoolofministry.com/
https://www.washingtonhousingassociation.org/about-us.html
http://brightkidstutors.com/about-us.html
http://www.scientia.co.in/about-us.html

Clearly honorcoin.me is using the same template as these other sites. But what's with keeping the photo? It's hard to believe this was an an oversight.

ah ah, surely they will explain. This photo is ridiculous but I think ( and hope ) that they are still working on the web site
phreakish

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 08:59:46 AM

Im trying to get ahold of jarvis today to see if we can get that image on the website removed. and a new logo Im gonna work on a few today once my stomach stops being a little bitch and allows me more then 5 minutes at my laptop lol

a cunning and whitty statement to follow.
srwt

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:01:29 AM

ah ah, surely they will explain. This photo is ridiculous but I think ( and hope ) that they are still working on the web site

Yes, they (perhaps only one dev?) are working so hard now that don't have time to photo themselves and replace old photo.

hero18688

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:09:48 AM

Who are these people?

Clearly honorcoin.me is using the same template as these other sites. But what's with keeping the photo? It's hard to believe this was an oversight.
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

phreakish

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:14:33 AM

Who are these people?

Clearly honorcoin.me is using the same template as these other sites. But what's with keeping the photo? It's hard to believe this was an oversight.
Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

sorry hero,

they just look like over zealous hipsters on steps lol

testadimerlo

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:20:06 AM

There is a phone number. Who of those will reponse if you call?   Cheesy
really, let's destroy that photo, it would be better mickey mouse
phreakish

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:24:05 AM

ive msg'd them about the photo and that address and phone number. and i posted on irc. hopefully I get a responce

testadimerlo

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:25:16 AM

ive msg'd them about the photo and that address and phone number. and i posted on irc. hopefully I get a responce

ehm... I think at the moment they are sleeping, if I m not wrong dev is from USA. Let's see. Surely it would  be funny to call in the half of the night asking for change the photo
phreakish

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:28:14 AM

ehm... I think at the moment they are sleeping, if I m not wrong dev is from USA. Let's see. Surely it would  be funny to call in the half of the night asking for change the photo

lol yes from the US, as am I but then again i dont sleep normal hours like the rest of the world either.

barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 09:37:48 AM

AN APPRECIATION

This take over by Jarvis is a great move to try to salvage what otherwise would be a total loss. So, in fact, this is a take over by the miners, not by the community. Other than that, the takeover and 'declaration of principles' so to speak, coincide completely with what I believe a new altcoin should be. But, like I just stated, if we don't call it like it is, where's the honor?

What does Honor coin bring, with their restoration, to the overcrowded table of altcoins? Technically, absolutely nothing whatsoever: It is just another copy/paste hack job which Jarvis expects it will be improved by the ideas and contributions of the Community not just the miners. Somewhat of a slipery slope there ... if we want to carry the all-important badge of honor that is the name of the coin, its only real asset.

Oh course the one-sidedness of this argument can be clearly and very easily be countered with the statement that it would require very little investment to become the top holder of the richest list: 1 BTC buys right now about 250,000 XHC, which by the 20th will become 500,000 new XHC. Not too many miners, I suspect, amassed as much with their rented rigs, etc. And perhaps not too many will be capable of amassing many more than those during the 7 days of the PoW distribution... and here is where the real problem comes: By the design of this restoration, I can see that the one-sidedness in favor of the miners -current ones, mostly- is enormous, and produces, de facto, a distribution problem that will be highly incremented if only a few people decide to invest lets say 50 BTC in the coin -which comes to an average of 2 BTC each by 25 investors... some of which, if not most, will ALSO be current miners. The picture is quite clear: Very, very few people will hold easily in excess of 1 million Honors... and that will be after the first 6 million mined.

Consequently, the originally designed 36 million limit may end up being quite a few millions more than that, after the 1=2 exchange, thus diluting the value and, again and more importantly, with the bulk of the coins in circulation in very, very few hands.

There's nothing scammy or not legitimate about any of this, but that doesn't eliminate the fact that a coin like Honor, which brings nothing new to the table in its current form, having such acute distribution problem, present an excessive risk for any future investors... and, obviously, they'll stay away. A few miners not a Community make, no matter the level of success of the coin. I'll give you a clear example: Lets just assume that Honor coin is very successful and that only a few months -or even a couple years- from now those who hold above 1 million coins are, let's say 35. Lets assume that the total count of coins ends up being 50 million instead of the 36-40 originally intended. And lets assume that, by them, this miniscule community has put a lot of effort, had a lot of luck, BTC has gone through the roof and every Honorcoin is worth, in fiat money, $5.00. We will have a community of multi-millonaires, 35 of them, with a few others, lets say 40 in total, with enough money to change their lives completely: You know, homes, cars, vacations all over the world, etc. Why would they remain invested living lives mostly miserable? Can you imagine the effect in the price of one or two of them cashing out at lets say $3.00? or even $2.00? I can assure you it will throw the price of the coin down the toilet.

But the distribution problem present several other significant problems, that would require a much longer than this already very long post. To resume it a bit, the coin would have an elite, not a real community. And that, you could say, is also a problem for other coins. And it is, yes. Bitcoin itself. But, don't forget, a) those are very long established coins, the reference for the whole movement, while Honor will be an improvised, copied, johnny-come-lately and b) without an strong -and as large as possible- community, an altcoin simply cannot survive.

Just a few thoughts to ponder. This looks very, very rushed and not too well though over, in my opinion. The simple fact that so few people is actually aware of what is going on and interested enough to post, should be a red flag. It looks like a hasty decision, way too desperate to be efficient or even viable. And it would be a pity because, is things are done in a sensible manner and thought thoroughly, this could and should actually work.

I wish you the very best and sorry for the long post that includes some of the considerations that keep me on the fence pondering if to invest in Honor or not.

That is if there's indeed a good explanation for that website snafu. Explanation that, at this point, would require, idealistically, a real photo of the real "team".
PTseller
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:00:43 AM

good move just waiting for free distribution
kozmos

Activity: 381

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:38:47 AM

Great wrok  Shocked

3K+ sat will back
once everything will be in place and the new wallet, pool etc.. will be ready and we the community will be supportive and deciding to be long investors, I know how grab other investors' attention to this coin...

Yeh, we'll need this skill of yours. We need to make this coin appealing, maybe before than 20 june have we some other plan for an unique and specifically strategy about it?
I liked the previous logo but from what I'm understanding it was not original... but more charismatic
Anyway, thank you for the hard job
With my pleasure.

1st thing and before anything else, the dev team in my humble opinion shall take in consideration all the comments whether it's positive or negative, I guess this is the 1st step before taking any other step.

From that point the dev. team community can brain storm ideas and start to apply it .

For example, the picture of dev. team in honorcoin site, it's a bad mistake even if no bad intention about it, have to be fixed.

AN APPRECIATION

This take over by Jarvis is a great move to try to salvage what otherwise would be a total loss. So, in fact, this is a take over by the miners, not by the community. Other than that, the takeover and 'declaration of principles' so to speak, coincide completely with what I believe a new altcoin should be. But, like I just stated, if we don't call it like it is, where's the honor?

What does Honor coin bring, with their restoration, to the overcrowded table of altcoins? Technically, absolutely nothing whatsoever: It is just another copy/paste hack job which Jarvis expects it will be improved by the ideas and contributions of the Community not just the miners. Somewhat of a slipery slope there ... if we want to carry the all-important badge of honor that is the name of the coin, its only real asset.

Oh course the one-sidedness of this argument can be clearly and very easily be countered with the statement that it would require very little investment to become the top holder of the richest list: 1 BTC buys right now about 250,000 XHC, which by the 20th will become 500,000 new XHC. Not too many miners, I suspect, amassed as much with their rented rigs, etc. And perhaps not too many will be capable of amassing many more than those during the 7 days of the PoW distribution... and here is where the real problem comes: By the design of this restoration, I can see that the one-sidedness in favor of the miners -current ones, mostly- is enormous, and produces, de facto, a distribution problem that will be highly incremented if only a few people decide to invest lets say 50 BTC in the coin -which comes to an average of 2 BTC each by 25 investors... some of which, if not most, will ALSO be current miners. The picture is quite clear: Very, very few people will hold easily in excess of 1 million Honors... and that will be after the first 6 million mined.

Consequently, the originally designed 36 million limit may end up being quite a few millions more than that, after the 1=2 exchange, thus diluting the value and, again and more importantly, with the bulk of the coins in circulation in very, very few hands.

There's nothing scammy or not legitimate about any of this, but that doesn't eliminate the fact that a coin like Honor, which brings nothing new to the table in its current form, having such acute distribution problem, present an excessive risk for any future investors... and, obviously, they'll stay away. A few miners not a Community make, no matter the level of success of the coin. I'll give you a clear example: Lets just assume that Honor coin is very successful and that only a few months -or even a couple years- from now those who hold above 1 million coins are, let's say 35. Lets assume that the total count of coins ends up being 50 million instead of the 36-40 originally intended. And lets assume that, by them, this miniscule community has put a lot of effort, had a lot of luck, BTC has gone through the roof and every Honorcoin is worth, in fiat money, $5.00. We will have a community of multi-millonaires, 35 of them, with a few others, lets say 40 in total, with enough money to change their lives completely: You know, homes, cars, vacations all over the world, etc. Why would they remain invested living lives mostly miserable? Can you imagine the effect in the price of one or two of them cashing out at lets say $3.00? or even $2.00? I can assure you it will throw the price of the coin down the toilet.

But the distribution problem present several other significant problems, that would require a much longer than this already very long post. To resume it a bit, the coin would have an elite, not a real community. And that, you could say, is also a problem for other coins. And it is, yes. Bitcoin itself. But, don't forget, a) those are very long established coins, the reference for the whole movement, while Honor will be an improvised, copied, johnny-come-lately and b) without an strong -and as large as possible- community, an altcoin simply cannot survive.

Just a few thoughts to ponder. This looks very, very rushed and not too well though over, in my opinion. The simple fact that so few people is actually aware of what is going on and interested enough to post, should be a red flag. It looks like a hasty decision, way too desperate to be efficient or even viable. And it would be a pity because, is things are done in a sensible manner and thought thoroughly, this could and should actually work.

I wish you the very best and sorry for the long post that includes some of the considerations that keep me on the fence pondering if to invest in Honor or not.

That is if there's indeed a good explanation for that website snafu. Explanation that, at this point, would require, idealistically, a real photo of the real "team".
+1 and sometimes +0.5 lol just kiddin.

I agree with you about the development. coin shall not turn into dump coin for those who missed the 3k sat chance and every single word you have mention related to this issue, though as you know it is impossible to control the pump/dump movements for any coin you can name it.

but with all my respect to you, I disagree with you about there is no nothing this coin can offer.

for example, BlackCoin, one of the strongest coins being supported by very active dev. team and community.

I got in blackcoin during the 1st days multipool when it (the multipool) had been designed months ago by dev. radiostatic, BC was only 500sat back at these days.

radiostatic did something almost the same of what the scammy old dev. of this coin did, he abounded the multipool, and those who were following BC at that time saw it clearly radiostatic was doing nothing but manipulating the price.

One day he is telling the multipool is on, the next few days after the price hit the 2400 he said he will turn off the multipool temporary, PANIC SELL, BOOM back to 1700sat. After few days, he brought back multipool again, he went to sleep, 10 minutes after that he came online and informed us that he can't continue with multipool again, you can imagine how to price fell down at that time lol it was an epic F**K. Then Legion Dev. team with the help of rat4 the dev of BC tookover the multipool-idea, enhanced and created a greater idea with the community, and here we are talking about a coin was equal to 500sat and now around 25000sat and it went to 90000sat awhile ago.

What I mean is honorcoin is still at its beginning, and I agree with you about things shall be not rushed and be planned well. but when it come to what this coin is offering then also we don't need not to rush things up, the community is still small, I believe more will come, new ideas will be drafted etc.. But first thing is to re-establish the trust all of us need it to continue.

All of that will depend on dev. team and the community, if all of us are willing to support it, then this coin after month or two will have a new higher level
NetAlp

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:07:10 PM

bittrex down
have any news?

▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
          █   █▄  ▀▀▀██▄▄
       ▄▄▀▀█  ██  ▄ ▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄
 █▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀▀      ▐███▄ ▀ ▀▀▄
  ▀██▄    ▀▄    ▄ ▄  ▀▀▀▀▀█    ▄██
    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄  █▌ ▀▀▄▄▄  ▄█     ▐█
   ▀▄▄ ██▀▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  █▄▄    █▀
     █▌ ██    ▐████▀▀   ▄██▄▄▄▄██
      ▌ ▐█   █ ▀▄    ▄ ▐██▀    ▀
        █▀  █    ▀     ▐██
       ▄▀ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀████
      ▄▀    ▄█▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █▀
    ▄▀   ▄█▀▀█▀        ▀█▄▄▀
 █     ▄█▀              ▀
██   ▄█▀
█▀ ▄█▀
██▄██
▀███
 ▀██
  ▀█
Tigereum             ▀▀▄▄
                ▀█▄▄
▀▄▄      ▄▄       ▀█▄▄
  ▀█▄     ▀█▄       ▀██▄
    ▀█▄    ███▄▄     ▀██▄
      ██▄▄   ▀███▄    ▀██▄
       ▀█▄▄    ████   ▀▀██▄
        ███    ▀████   ▐███
        ▀██▄    ████▄   ████
        ████    ▀████▌   ▐██▄
         ▀███    ▀███    ▐███▐
          ▀███    ▀███     ███
          ▀████    ▀███     ██▄
            ███      ██      ██▄
             ███      █▌      ███
              ▀█▄      █       ██
               ▀█▄▄     ▀       █▄
                ▀█▌              ▀
                 ▀█
                  ▀▄
              ' WHITEPAPER '             
Join Us on Telegram
Facebook   Twitter   Linkedin
amsat

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:19:41 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 12:34:52 PM by amsat

this news https://twitter.com/ramikawach/status/476663315972632577
bittrex back again
NoxX

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:37:06 PM

Sooo, should I change my sig?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
PatCash79

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:29:37 PM

What's going on??

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-XHC
hero18688

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:32:05 PM

Because that article AN APPRECIATION

PatCash79

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:54:45 PM

Insane dumping!

Why don't give this project a chance?
hero18688

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 01:56:44 PM

Insane dumping!

Why don't give this project a chance?
All you can do is buying what they are dumping at low price.And hopefully you'll become rich if you support this project.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 »
  Print  

Jump to: