Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 05:01:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Bittrex do a "clear database" to re-open on the good fork even if it means that people that have buy NJA on the wrong fork have pay BTC for nothing ?
Yes, re-open the market on the good fork - 24 (66.7%)
Yes, switch to the new fork but only for withdraw - 2 (5.6%)
No, i wan't to keep my billions of NJA on the wrong fork - 10 (27.8%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][X11][PoS only] NinjaCoin - Ninja Launch - Hard fork 1.2.2  (Read 69024 times)
kryptologist

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:31:31 PM

I´m pretty sure Bittrex will give us our BTC back; it´s their fault when they list a coin and didn´t check it before.

"It's their fault" ?
Wow, you are really stupid. If they listed the coin, the regular check didnt yield any red flags. Would you expect them to run every coin on testnet with accelerated time for days with each coin to test if everything works? Ofcourse not. When the dev launches it, it should be working and fine.
This time, dev screwed up. Bittrex had nothing to do with it. If you are really nice to them, you might just get them to reverse trades, but they have no obligation to do anything.

Bittrex should have catches for such things. Why do they allow more coins than the total supply on their exchange? Should have been caught immediately and market suspended. I'm pulling my funds from bittrex.
JohnBirco (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:36:40 PM

I compiled the new source code on my Mac.  Deleted all files except wallet.dat and reopened, but it seems to be stuck on block 14000.
Yes, this is what must be done. Just KEEP YOUR WALLET.DAT and remove everything else.
Start the new wallet and we are on block 14000, or maybe 1 or 2 more.

Bittrex and pools should update, we are on a new fork. All what has been done after block 13999 is cancelled, don't panic.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:39:42 PM

I compiled the new source code on my Mac.  Deleted all files except wallet.dat and reopened, but it seems to be stuck on block 14000.
Yes, this is what must be done. Just KEEP YOUR WALLET.DAT and remove everything else.

Bittrex and pools should update, we are on a new fork. All what has been done after block 13999 is cancelled, don't panic.

What about billions of coins on Bittrex?Huh

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:40:32 PM

Damn. I was sleeping and here is the news lol.
darkowenter

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:41:19 PM

Where is my money Mr. JohnBirco ?
chadwickx16

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:49:00 PM

Well, shit....Just sent some from pool to wallet too.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
JohnBirco (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:51:04 PM

What about billions of coins on Bittrex?Huh
Thet were comming from the PoS problem after block 14000. I have make a checkpoint and we are back to block 14000.
All there coins no more exists on the good fork.

Windows, linux and source are up now. Mac is comming soon.
Shadow_Runner

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:56:12 PM

Can someone explain how this fucking millions can be fixed?
What if someone keep millions and sell than on exchange?
Sorry, I do not understand clearly, this is just my hobby.
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:58:17 PM

Can someone explain how this fucking millions can be fixed?
What if someone keep millions and sell than on exchange?
Sorry, I do not understand clearly, this is just my hobby.

Bittrex needs to update their wallet and remove the invalid coins.  People who paid BTC for those invalid coins are going to be pissed.
richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:59:33 PM

I compiled the new source code on my Mac.  Deleted all files except wallet.dat and reopened, but it seems to be stuck on block 14000.

This is an unfortunate case where the dev screwed up and/or screwed us all.

We will NOT be taking a fork of this coin.  The damage is already done here.  Our systems worked as designed and our balances match including checking the moneysupply.  I would like to remind everyone that Bittrex is an exchange.  Our responsibility is to ensure that when you trade xxx A for yyy B, that it happens safely.  We do not police what is being traded.

Again, we will not be taking a new wallet or fork of this coin.  The damage done is irreparable and would have been after the first trade.  The market will remain open and we will let this die its natural death like so many coins before it.

Thanks
richie@bittrex

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
cecilbdemented

Activity: 383

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:03:34 PM

I compiled the new source code on my Mac.  Deleted all files except wallet.dat and reopened, but it seems to be stuck on block 14000.

We will NOT be taking a fork of this coin.  The damage is already done here.  Our systems worked as designed and our balances match including checking the moneysupply.  I would like to remind everyone that Bittrex is an exchange.  Our responsibility is to ensure that when you trade xxx A for yyy B, that it happens safely.  We do not police what is being traded.

Again, we will not be taking a new wallet or fork of this coin.  The damage done is irreparable and would have been after the first trade.  The market will remain open and we will let this die its natural death like so many coins before it.

Thanks
richie@bittrex

JohnBirco (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:04:44 PM

Thanks
richie@bittrex

People can blame me for my error, i don't hide it, it was my fault. But if you don't get on the right fork, people will loose money on the wrong fork because of you.
neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 05:05:47 PM

Don't panic, PoS is fixed but need a hard fork. The PoS was giving too much money, a simple math problem...sorry.

I'll update the code very quickly

so?Huh?
sorry?Huh
what about money?Huh?

kryptologist

Activity: 714

@kryptographer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:07:31 PM

Thanks
richie@bittrex

Yes but your exchange has no catches for this shit? Well that would be poor untested code. How is it possible a coin is meant to have 19 million total supply, but your exchange allows more than that to be deposited? Currently your exchange is allowing over 500 million coins to be deposited.. Don't you think your system should pick up on this and suspend the market immediately?  Not very secure for your clients. Polo is by far the best exchange now. Don't get goxed guys, pull your coins from Bittrex.
ixk1

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:08:25 PM

People can blame me for my error, i don't hide it, it was my fault. But if you don't get on the right fork, people will loose money on the wrong fork because of you.

looks like i already... awesome day... and still 1/2 of it left to go... wonder what else im in store for today
whatdidshedo

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:10:24 PM

Thanks
richie@bittrex

bittrex screwed up by not having a check in place if more coins than in existence land on it, i wouldn't be surprised if bittrex got the huge stake from all coins in exchange and dumped them themselves, i learned to know that it's a risk and i accept loses but this is a huge no no for a buisness (but since when were exchanges any buisness) good job bittrex and dev , another loss i learned from back to trading on MP and Cryptsy and Polo

linked67

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:12:37 PM

P2PoolCoin.com
P2pool node for NinjaCoin

EU server: http://p2poolcoin.com:12500
Canada Server: http://ca.p2poolcoin.com:12500

Dedicated server
Xeon cpu
32Go ram
SSD
1Gbps

Fee: 1% ONLY !!!!
Wallet updated to the hard fork, don't let the coin die !!!!

P2Pool EU:http://p2poolcoin.com 1 % fees - Server dedicated Xeon, 32 Go Ram, Ssd, 1 Gbps - DarkCoin - HiroCoin - ExeCoin - GpuCoin - MyriadCoin Qubit - Muniti - RotoCoin - VertCoin - etc
Free Middlecoin Stats for Iphone on Apple Store:https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/middlecoin/id795238640?l=fr&ls=1&mt=8
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:12:52 PM

Thanks
richie@bittrex

So, in this words, You want to say that this situation can happen with any coin on Bittrex and You don't care about that?

.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

richiela

Activity: 937

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:14:45 PM

Thanks
richie@bittrex

Yes but your exchange has no catches for this shit? Well that would be poor untested code. How is it possible a coin is meant to have 19 million total supply, but your exchange allows more than that to be deposited? Currently your exchange is allowing over 500 million coins to be deposited.. Don't you think your system should pick up on this and suspend the market immediately?  Not very secure for your clients. Polo is by far the best exchange now. Don't get goxed guys, pull your coins from Bittrex.

Using what as a supply guideline?  Random text in an ANN that we can't parse or the moneysupply value which is cryptographically sound?

*EDIT* Cryptographically sound is probably the wrong term since honestly a dev can return anything to us;  but it *should* be cryptographically sound.  Obviously malicious code is malicious.

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
SrsCrypto

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Designer

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:16:09 PM

ATH: AKRKvTF3WuGK5BCYcbmt5a3or5uZ1khChx | ZS: E173jErfaAFHW6Lmws5r5NHeSPaUKqswuX | SHA2: SZPkeefDH1iqHvn76DUVjpYA8rWYphu6pk
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: