Bitcoin Forum
August 07, 2024, 06:25:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Bittrex do a "clear database" to re-open on the good fork even if it means that people that have buy NJA on the wrong fork have pay BTC for nothing ?
Yes, re-open the market on the good fork - 24 (66.7%)
Yes, switch to the new fork but only for withdraw - 2 (5.6%)
No, i wan't to keep my billions of NJA on the wrong fork - 10 (27.8%)
Total Voters: 36

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][X11][PoS only] NinjaCoin - Ninja Launch - Hard fork 1.2.2  (Read 69032 times)
Franky2010

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

Crypto enthusiast for years.

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:02:22 PM

new wallet fails to load on windows. application error.
Same error.

Same here, cant load. Did clean load, not working.

Argamas

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:03:29 PM

[...]

lol and to the greedy s.o.b's who put their obviously bad coins on to bittrex in the first place... thats some shaddy sh!t.

[...]

I couldn't agree more with you. In the banking system, if you deposit a fraudulent cheque and move the money before it is confirmed fraudulent, your bank account gets debited and you loose the money. Plain and simple.
It has to work that way even if scams exists around this, because we cannot allow for the creation of money out of fraudulent transactions.

So, I would have to say that the exchange is "in part" responsible for the fuck up, since they rely 100% on the coin network security, do not implement any deposit validations on there side, and won't do anything in case the coin network is abused. In clear, they are somewhat negligent and irresponsible: they assume that the coin network is always reliable at all time, and have no mechanism to ensure that a commodity does not get destroyed if the network stops working properly for a moment.

But, their responsibility is minimal compared to those trading the "glitch coins", and the coin network operator (the dev?).

My 2 NJAs on the issue...
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:09:27 PM

If the missing dll is libwinpthread-1.dll, it's in the official download zip. I have udated it a some times ago.

just tried yet again... and no dl etc warnings... it just straight up crash's on launch every time I try it.

"golf clap"

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:12:42 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 09:23:46 PM by fonzerrellie

[...]

lol and to the greedy s.o.b's who put their obviously bad coins on to bittrex in the first place... thats some shaddy sh!t.

[...]

I couldn't agree more with you. In the banking system, if you deposit a fraudulent cheque and move the money before it is confirmed fraudulent, your bank account gets debited and you loose the money. Plain and simple.
It has to work that way even if scams exists around this, because we cannot allow for the creation of money out of fraudulent transactions.

So, I would have to say that the exchange is "in part" responsible for the fuck up, since they rely 100% on the coin network security, do not implement any deposit validations on there side, and won't do anything in case the coin network is abused. In clear, they are somewhat negligent and irresponsible: they assume that the coin network is always reliable at all time, and have no mechanism to ensure that a commodity does not get destroyed if the network stops working properly for a moment.

But, their responsibility is minimal compared to those trading the "glitch coins", and the coin network operator (the dev?).

My 2 NJAs on the issue...

yuppers if a bank can prove you knowingly were trying to give them a bad check you get charged with fraud or attempted fraud.

EDIT: once the states put some more reg's/laws on the books it'll give a good exchange the ability to report to ban and hopefully charge people who knowingly try to rip their other customers off with dirty coins like some of these "ninja's" did.

It'll help slowly weed scammers out, good exchanges that try to protect their customers will flourish while the others will wither and die, just like the coins with real people,dev's,teams standing beside them are going to do awesome in the long run and the rest with newb (anon) dev's will fade in to the history books.

WAVES
binaryclock

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 09:45:11 PM

Dedicatedpool does not agree with rolling back.  Bittrex should not be forced to lose BTC on this matter.  Dedicatedpool has stayed on the old wallet, and Bittrex will as well.

This was not Bittrex's fault.  Shit happens unfortunately, but you can't except them to take the hit on this.

If Bittrex stays on the old wallet, how are you guys going to sell your NJA?

DEDICATEDPOOL.COM
phreakish

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 09:47:41 PM

well new wallet compiles fine on linux but seg faults upon launching. good thing i only mined like a K of this coin lol

a cunning and whitty statement to follow.
JohnBirco (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:55:47 PM

Dedicatedpool does not agree with rolling back.  Bittrex should not be forced to lose BTC on this matter.  Dedicatedpool has stayed on the old wallet, and Bittrex will as well.

This was not Bittrex's fault.  Shit happens unfortunately, but you can't except them to take the hit on this.

If i have roll back the chain it's because there was a very small error but with huge problems on PoS. It's not that it was not working but it worked too well.
Millions or billions of coins were created in no time with staking. It's just not possible to stay on the old wallet.

The rollback was very short, maybe 3 hours ago to get in a sane blockchain with correct staking reward.

For a 3 hours problem, i think it's better to roll back a little. No other choice.
andrealandia
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:57:36 PM

Resolve the problem of WALLET!!!!!!!!!
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:07:36 PM

Dedicatedpool does not agree with rolling back.  Bittrex should not be forced to lose BTC on this matter.  Dedicatedpool has stayed on the old wallet, and Bittrex will as well.

This was not Bittrex's fault.  Shit happens unfortunately, but you can't except them to take the hit on this.

If i have roll back the chain it's because there was a very small error but with huge problems on PoS. It's not that it was not working but it worked too well.
Millions or billions of coins were created in no time with staking. It's just not possible to stay on the old wallet.

The rollback was very short, maybe 3 hours ago to get in a sane blockchain with correct staking reward.

For a 3 hours problem, i think it's better to roll back a little. No other choice.

I would totally agree with you John if people hadn't sold their obviously fawlty coins to bittrex it would have been an easy fix to just roll it back, everyones wallets would have been corrected and problem solved without anyone getting hurt. but because some (seems to be quite a few) knowingly sold their coins on bittrex there is now a shwack load of people who spent real btc's for those coins and it's their wallets that will be hurt if it's done now.

besides price this is the other reason it's retarded to push a coin on bittrex before it's been checked/tested... if we had waited till after pow had ended to list on bittrex then we wouldn't be in this mess and the people that wanted to knowingly sell their bad coins wouldn't have had the help of the exchange, we would have been able to fix the issue and have everything top notch before it hit the markets... so there would have been no fud to work through and no people out money cause of a lack of testing.

EDIT: do we know appox how many bad coins were sold in the market?

WAVES
JohnBirco (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

Dedicatedpool does not agree with rolling back.  Bittrex should not be forced to lose BTC on this matter.  Dedicatedpool has stayed on the old wallet, and Bittrex will as well.

This was not Bittrex's fault.  Shit happens unfortunately, but you can't except them to take the hit on this.

I would totally agree with you John if people hadn't sold their obviously fawlty coins to bittrex it would have been an easy fix to just roll it back, everyones wallets would have been corrected and problem solved without anyone getting hurt. but because some (seems to be quite a few) knowingly sold their coins on bittrex there is now a shwack load of people who spent real btc's for those coins and it's their wallets that will be hurt if it's done now.

besides price this is the other reason it's retarded to push a coin on bittrex before it's been checked/tested... if we had waited till after pow had ended to list on bittrex then we wouldn't be in this mess and the people that wanted to knowingly sell their bad coins wouldn't have had the help of the exchange, we would have been able to fix the issue and have everything top notch before it hit the markets... so there would have been no fud to work through and no people out money cause of a lack of testing.
Yes, that's the problem... i'm aware of it. That's why i say bittrex is out, they can't ask BTC back from people that have withdraw.
It's "just" a bad story with bittrex on a faulty chain. I don't blame them, it's my fault, a stupid 6 char length missing in the maths reward.

But on the other side, if we go on another exchange with the good fork, this coin can continue to live without any problem.
People who have sell the bad coins on bittrex have make some profit AFTER block 14000. All the miners/buyers that were holding a lot of NJA still have them on the good fork.

If we don't move on another exchange, everyone will loose much more that if we let this coin die.

We have the choice to be bagholder of a dead coin because of some BTC that were "stolen" or we can jump on the good fork and let it continue his road on poloniex, mintpal, bter... so many exchanges...

Edit: the p2pool seems to move the good folk well.
Pala_00

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:27:58 PM

phreakish

Activity: 120

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2014, 10:28:36 PM

Yes, that's the problem... i'm aware of it. That's why i say bittrex is out, they can't ask BTC back from people that have withdraw.
It's "just" a bad story with bittrex on a faulty chain. I don't blame them, it's my fault, a stupid 6 char length missing in the maths reward.

But on the other side, if we go on another exchange with the good fork, this coin can continue to live without any problem.
People who have sell the bad coins on bittrex have make some profit AFTER block 14000. All the miners/buyers that were holding a lot of NJA still have them on the good fork.

If we don't move on another exchange, everyone will loose much more that if we let this coin die.

We have the choice to be bagholder of a dead coin because of some BTC that were "stolen" or we can jump on the good fork and let it continue his road on poloniex, mintpal, bter... so many exchanges...

Could be a good option ... IF wallets were functioning lol New Linux QT seg faults with core dump so it doesn't even open anymore. Have tested on Arch-Linux and Debian with same result

a cunning and whitty statement to follow.
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:30:20 PM

Windows wallet v1.2.0 is the same , It everytime stopes responding and closes...
andrealandia
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:32:46 PM

Windows wallet v1.2.0 is the same , It everytime stopes responding and closes...
same problem, as the others users
Rage19420

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:40:31 PM

Edit: the p2pool seems to move the good folk well.

CANT USE A P2P IF THE F*CKING WALLET DOESNT WORK!
FIX IT ALREADY!
JohnBirco (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:41:07 PM

I had my wallet open without any problem and with many re-open since the new fork.
But i just have close it and have the same error...
MarryUncle

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:45:25 PM

not work

Get Daily Free SignatureCoins.T2QmmNiv1Z8J118zYieALtELY3VQ64gLeo
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Kaspa

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:50:58 PM

I had my wallet open without any problem and with many re-open since the new fork.

K let us know when you got it please.

I do respect the effort and the honesty of taking the responsibility for the problem, it's not your fault that people tried/did sell the bad coins. all you can do now is try to make it right and hope people understand.

WAVES
Rage19420

Activity: 672

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:52:09 PM

Get the wallet working, reach out to allcoins to list it and lets get back on track. Chances are polo and mint aren't going to touch this coin with a ten foot pole after what happen today.
JohnBirco (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 11:18:29 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 12:15:16 AM by JohnBirco

I think i have found, it's working on linux. It was the market tab that take info from bittrex. Since it's disable or seomthing like this, it produce error. Give me a couple of minutes the time i upload all this.

Edit:
-source on github is updated
-linux wallet is updated
-windows wallet is updated
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: