Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:02:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Spondoolies = the next KnCMiner & Bitfury [WATCH OUT] Screwing SP30 Pre-Orders  (Read 2071 times)
Another User (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:55:08 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 03:54:39 PM by Another User

Boy oh boy, Spondoolies is now crowdsourcing funds from the community to be competitive in the next round and offering a 1 PH/s mine. Doesn't this sound similar to Bitfury or Hashfast? But it's ok because they have stated multiple times here (and here and here and here and here and here) they have no stake in this "IPO" but they aren't "endorsing" it either. That's a lot affirmation in a company that you "don't have a stake in." Right, well what does this have to do with you miners right? For all those who pre-ordered those Yukons, your slice is going to smaller now because Spondoolies decided to promise some hashrate to other forum posters by the end of June.

You've all seen how Avalon, KnC, Hashfast, Bitfury, and every other "company" that chooses to double dip with the community. This is only the start, remember this when you have another company that screws other the folks that helped them off the ground.

Waiting for the Spondoolies and their supporters to now flood this thread with hate. Come on Spondoolies, you're going to say you have no stake in the "IPO" and you're "not endorsing them" either here too.

Still like your pre-orders with them? That Yukon pricing doesn't look as good as it did now, huh?

RoadStress Sock Puppet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:01:50 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2014, 09:05:32 PM by Another User

Nice to know where all the SP10s went.

CBCM are legit. Assuming their first round will be a success, we'll cover it with 35 SP10s we removed from our stock.
We also helped them secured additional hosted hash power in case their subsequent rounds will be successful, from a trusted partner and customer we're working with.

Guy

This is not endorsement to buy CBCM, but I look at PBMINING cost. The electricity alone for 5 years cost a lot more than the contract cost per $/GHs
Either it is a pyramid or they expect to replace with new hardware at an unrealistic rate. Do the math.

Guy

I know and familiar with all the placement details.
Assuming each round will succeed, there will be a quick placement. Initial placement will be with 35 SP10s we agreed to host.

We've due diligence all the parties involved, and I'm 100% confident.
Moreover, hefty collateral has been taken.

This should not read as an endorsement to participate in the IPO, but to assure the prospect investors that Taras and the offer is genuine.

Guy

We've due diligence all the parties involved, and I'm 100% confident.
Moreover, hefty collateral has been taken.

My understanding is Havelock sends you the take from this IPO, so your risks are negligible to nonexistent.  Why the "hefty collateral"?

And what are you 100% confident in? The delivery of the units or the operation of the company?

It's three ways deal between cbcm, the hosting facility and Spondoolies-Tech. All is Kosher.
The miners will be placed and will mine per the promised hashed-rate after each successful round.

Again - this is not an endorsement to participate in the IPO.

A long extended (essentially interest-free) loan for Spondoolies.

As explained, our entire "share" of this IPO is 35 SP10s for round one.

Edit: We also helped them secured additional hosted hash power in case their subsequent rounds will be successful, from a trusted partner and customer we're working with.

We're not the one initiating the cbcm IPO. Our part of it is only the 35 SP10s promised for round 1.
Initially we thought we'll be able to cover more rounds. When the SP10 were sold out, we helped cbcm secured additional hosted hash-power from a trusted partner and customer we're working with.
The collateral will make sure the placement after each successful round will happen.

This is the sad truth: we sold the SP10s too fast to cover the IPO. Havelock Window for the IPO came too late.
This whole IPO will have zero impact on our bottom line. We could have sold 1,000s more SP10s if we had them in stock.

Regarding the SP30: We're selling the SP30 Yukons very fast as well.

Regards,
Guy

Edit: And for the last time, we don't endorse the IPO. We just make sure it run by honest people who will fulfill their obligations. We had to do that to protect our name.

Added:
Since our name is involved, we wanted to make sure both CBCM and cowboyminer will respect their obligations. They will.
Even without the collateral, their handling and conduct was professional.

Added:
I'm getting tired, so this will be the last answer.

The collateral is against faithful execution of the IPO promises to the prospect investors. It has nothing to do with the 35 miners I'm selling. Since three entities are involved (four with Havelock), we had to make sure it will be executed cleanly. It will.

I'm repeating my statement that we don't endorse the IPO. If it will succeed, it will be executed - this is our promise backed up by the collateral.

Looks like they sold their pre-orders as quick as possible and now promise to offer their hashrate to others before you.

Added:
A good and strong company like spondoolies is even backing this up.

What happened to having only one deal? I thought Cowboyminer was supposed to do all future supplies?

RoadStress Sock Puppet
Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:27:02 PM

The strategic partnership with Spondoolies-Tech and WPT Limited means CBCM will have access to future chip developments at the most competitive rates on the market.

They've offered long-term discounts to folks who paid AFTER you. Are you folks really falling for this again? The shamelessness of Spondoolies...

RoadStress Sock Puppet
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:32:01 PM

Ooooh.... exciting!  I'm pulling up a seat.  Beer and nachos, check.  Let the games begin!

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:37:39 PM

This whole IPO will have zero impact on our bottom line.

This is true, it's only going to affect everyone else who bought and pre-ordered from them.

RoadStress Sock Puppet
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:50:37 PM

So, who is 'Another User', who seems to be so heavily vested in this new information - of which he is the only source?

Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:52:53 PM

All is Kosher. The miners will be placed and will mine per the promised hashed-rate after each successful round.

I guess Spondoolies wasn't considering pre-order buyers when they said "all." Clearly this is kosher with them  Roll Eyes

@dogie: Look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647360.0 It's their front for an "IPO"  Roll Eyes

RoadStress Sock Puppet
wpgdeez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:53:38 PM

So, who is 'Another User', who seems to be so heavily vested in this new information - of which he is the only source?
I don't care who he is but he makes valid points. Customers just got screwed by the big guy once again.
Guy Corem
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1051

Spondoolies, Beam & DAGlabs

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 03:57:23 PM

I don't care who he is but he makes valid points. Customers just got screwed by the big guy once again.

Indeed I'm a big Guy, but we're not the big guys. This entire thread is ludicrous. But funny.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647360.msg7253414#msg7253414

New Mimblewimble implementation: https://www.beam.mw
Spondoolies is now part of Blockstream: https://blog.blockstream.com/en-blockstream-mining-builds-momentum-with-spondoolies-acquisition/
Kaspa is a POW cryptocurrencty which implements GhostDAG protocol: https://kaspanet.org/
Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 03:59:37 PM

This exactly. I didn't say a thing when they were just selling (which they were doing a fine job of). But taking pre-orders for late July - August and to turn around and offer immediate hashrate to others because they can offer a more sizable sum? Does the community need another manufacturer who can dominate the network? Will people wait until they release their statement of "network protection" to realize that it's too late?

Indeed I'm a big Guy, but we're not the big guys. This entire thread is ludicrous. But funny.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647360.msg7253414#msg7253414

@Spondoolies: Ah, you're arrived. We've been waiting for you. You've been taking PR lessons from Hashfast_CL, haven't you?

We all know what comes next: extended delays on refund requests

RoadStress Sock Puppet
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:12:42 PM

@Spondoolies: Ah, you're arrived. We've been waiting for you. You've been taking PR lessons from Hashfast_CL, haven't you?

We all know what comes next: extended delays on refund requests

What refunds? There are no refunds so they can't have extended delays. You haven't done your homework trolly boy.

Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:13:16 PM

... And by doing so you are putting investor level risks on customers ...

Completely untrue and false. September batch is covered.
For every batch we open, we're covering it with the necessary financing.

Well, we know now where this is from.

Will Spondoolies stop production of the SP-10 after June or will they still make them as well as the SP-30?

Mid June will be the last batch of SP-10

Yep but they can ship 35 miners to this "separate IPO" by June 30th.

@Roadstress: Think about what I said again, you'll get it eventually and clearly your impartial voice means a lot here  Roll Eyes

RoadStress Sock Puppet
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:20:00 PM

@Roadstress: Think about what I said again, you'll get it eventually and clearly your impartial voice means a lot here  Roll Eyes

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/buyipo.php?symbol=SHA&id=77 You mean by June 18

Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:22:34 PM

https://www.havelockinvestments.com/buyipo.php?symbol=SHA&id=77 You mean by June 18

Atta boy, look at you! Grin

You saw how well Bitcoinorama did from KnC and now want the same huh? I don't blame you.

RoadStress Sock Puppet
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:41:21 PM

You saw how well Bitcoinorama did from KnC and now want the same huh? I don't blame you.

Avenger is that you?

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:50:02 PM

Avenger is that you?

I had to check his post history to see what he was accused of but sure, why not?  Grin

Is it not blatantly obvious what they're doing here? Understand that independent miners won't last that much longer if more of these companies are able to get by with their bait-and-switch. This is exactly what Avalon did. Then Bitfury. Then KnC.

How many more times will this occur before people catch on?

RoadStress Sock Puppet
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 04:55:46 PM

Bitcoinorama did good for KnC. He left KnC when they started to build their big ass Datacenter.

What stake do you have here?

Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:05:23 PM

Bitcoinorama did good for KnC. He left KnC when they started to build their big ass Datacenter.

What stake do you have here?

Sure he did, I'm sure he received nothing for his troubles.

My stake is like everyone else here: looking for the best deals for myself. If you don't think this is relevant info as a miner, go ahead and ignore. Doesn't bother me. But when your pre-ordered miner doesn't ROI because the company you paid gives hashing power to someone else who paid after you, you'll know why.

RoadStress Sock Puppet
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:10:23 PM

My stake is like everyone else here: looking for the best deals for myself. If you don't think this is relevant info as a miner, go ahead and ignore. Doesn't bother me. But when your pre-ordered miner doesn't ROI because the company you paid gives hashing power to someone else who paid after you, you'll know why.

This was the best deal: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.0 but it seems that you missed it and until now all my miners had a nice ROI. The SP30 will ROI too!

Another User (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 05:11:51 PM

This was the best deal: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=575499.0 but it seems that you missed it and until now all my miners had a nice ROI. The SP30 will ROI too!

Thank you for posting, your input is much appreciated here.  Smiley

RoadStress Sock Puppet
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: