Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:36:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: RK-BOX,450GH/S,480W ,shipping date 25th  (Read 14160 times)
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 04:48:55 AM

Can I use the same software on the RK box that I do on the R box?  I just got my Rbox, it's running good a nice little toy Smiley.  I have 4 S1's and am considering the RK box.

i think so!

sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 08:44:13 AM

Just got 22 Rocket box miners their doing great hashing out of the box in 15 minutes setup time.

Reserved for pics and videos later.

Check me out on Facebook.com/fiendsforfreedom if you want to see the pics earlier!

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
WheresWaldo

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:07:04 AM

For those of you who haven't seen the Rocket Box video yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekgsAmnNChQ&feature=youtu.be

They say it comes with a pi, usb hub and all cables.

Holy shit, spaghetti wires like you talk about!   Huh

Something about a loose Pi and USB hub and USB cables all over the dam place just sounds messy.  And that doesn't even factor in the power connection to the PSU yet.

So far S3 has the edge over the RK-box in simplicity.  No pi's, hubs, put wire through this hole, then plug here nonsense.

Nothing matters besides ROI...who cares what it looks like.

Actually, looks does matter.  If a x wire snags on y wire on your home shelf, then you try to pull on one and it snags and the whole thing falls off...spaghetti wires does matter.

Also, this thing is not stackable at all, something it looks like you can do easily with the S3 without shelving.

I agree... While looks may not matter, the actual design does.

If you sell me a triangle shaped miner, I'm going to have a hard time putting 20 of them in one place.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
ProudMiner

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:00:15 AM

AntMiner S3 for sales shipping starts from July 10th

Bitmain is proud to announce the sale of AntMiner S3 for 0.75 BTC each to include International shipping
S3 is hashing at 478 GH/s while consumes 366 Watt power from the wall.

Notes:

1)   Power consumption: This figure depends on the PSU efficiency, ambient temperature and the accuracy of the power meters.

2)   PSU: You have to prepare your own the ATX PSU. The S3 ships without a PSU. There are 4 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input, but it only needs to connect two of them if without overclocking (PSU not included). Don’t parallel connected different DC input from different PSU into the same Hashing board.

Features:

Stand alone: The S3 mines stand alone, needs no proxy server, ethernet controller on board.

Quiet: The customized heat sinks mounted to the hash boards, one box over S3 to control the air flow, two fans mounted on both front and back ends that mean fans are able to work at lower speed to dissipate all heat easily. This design let S3 run at much lower noise level.

Stable: Running 24 hours a day with minimal downtime.

Accurate: Hardware Error got from the sample unit rate is as low as 0.01%, hundreds times better than some competing products.

Efficient: High energy efficiency to save your investment on PSU and electricity bills.

Why didn't I order this instead of the "spaghetti incident"  Cry

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:01:14 PM

AFIAK my rocketbox hasnt even shipped Sad

its 6 days since the 25th was a promised ship date, with no tracking number or confirmation of shipping yet. Glad i only got a pair of them, since the remainder of my funds are now tagged for Bitmain gear.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:21:53 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 03:54:57 PM by bobsag3

its 6 days since the 25th was a promised ship date, with no tracking number or confirmation of shipping yet. Glad i only got a pair of them, since the remainder of my funds are now tagged for Bitmain gear.

We had ~53 on order for the first batch, Shipped this weekend (so late), But they are finally out for delivery today.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:19:10 PM

We had ~53 on order for the first batch, Shipped this weekend (so late), But they are finally out for delivery today.

lucky you at least know where they are. I am used to bitmain shipping a day or two before giving me a tracking number, but only because they have elivered on time again and again (other than an S2 shipping two days late).

Not overly happy that my rocketbox is at least 5 days late, particularly since it was confirmed over email by alex on the 17th that "miners will be shipped out asap,may before than 25th."

hopefully seeing bitmain S3 units for sale will get the rockminer crew back on schedule and with some price reductions. Bitmain is offering cheaper hashrate thats about 30% more efficient.

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
ravin

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:08:14 PM

Got my rkbox today. Bad I don't have time to properly config. It's kind of loud though. Need to get the s3 for comparison :-)

The class 10 8GB card looks blank. Does it supposed have a pi image?
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:08:45 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 03:01:15 AM by klondike_bar

Got my rkbox today. Bad I don't have time to properly config. It's kind of loud though. Need to get the s3 for comparison :-)

mine arrived today.
1) shipping packaging sucked. loose cables rattling around, both miners have bent corners on the frame, one box was opened by the security agency.
2) class 10 card is good - works off the bat
3) BIG and HEAVY. way too much aluminum for the heat produced, its rediculous and probably why shipping costs a fortune.
4) LOUD. why do the fans not seem to be variable speed? It is really loud despite not being terribly hot.
5) too manyu cables. 4xPCIe is silly, as is 4x USB.
6) what is the ip address to reach the RPi once running?  EDIT: 192.168.1.254 on my network
7) whats the login for the raspberry pi?

update after 1.5hrs of operation:

the unit is stable at about 927GH for two units - pretty good. still waiting for the pools delay to confirm.
Im using 1 DPS800 at 120V per rk-box, with 4 independant 16awg cables that I sell, and the second psu having two cables and two 16awg splitters. both methods are stable without wires getting warm. (up to ~130w per splitter or 260W were 16awg, with clear headroom to carry more Smiley)

the fan speed is silly though - how can this be turned down since the PWM functionality is clearly not in place and the fans are spinning at 100% blowing barely-warm exhaust and are probably in the same 70dB range as an SP10 at 60%

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:32:05 AM

mine arrived today.
1) shipping packaging sucked. loose cables rattling around, both miners have bent corners on the frame, one box was opened by the security agency.
2) class 10 card is good - works off the bat
3) BIG and HEAVY. way too much aluminum for the heat produced, its rediculous and probably why shipping costs a fortune.
4) LOUD. why do the fans not seem to be variable speed? It is really loud despite not being terribly hot.
5) too manyu cables. 4xPCIe is silly, as is 4x USB.
6) what is the ip address to reach the RPi once running?  EDIT: 192.168.1.254 on my network
7) whats the login for the raspberry pi?

the unit is stable at about 927GH for two units - pretty good. still waiting for the pools delay to confirm.
Im using 1 DPS800 at 120V per rk-box, with 4 independant 16awg cables that I sell, and the second psu having two cables and two 16awg splitters. both methods are stable without wires getting warm. (up to ~130w per splitter or 260W were 16awg, with clear headroom to carry more Smiley)

the fan speed is silly though - how can this be turned down since the PWM functionality is clearly not in place and the fans are spinning at 100% blowing barely-warm exhaust and are probably in the same 70dB range as an SP10 at 60%

You may have to install lower power fans.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:10:32 PM

I tried but 70cfm fans were not sufficient - temps got up into the 55-65 range and 2 boards turned off. had to switch back. any good 100-120cfm suggestions?

also, after 9hrs operation the miners have 925GH hashrate but 12% rejects  - meaning only ~810Gh at the pool.

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:35:20 PM

I tried but 70cfm fans were not sufficient - temps got up into the 55-65 range and 2 boards turned off. had to switch back. any good 100-120cfm suggestions?

also, after 9hrs operation the miners have 925GH hashrate but 12% rejects  - meaning only ~810Gh at the pool.

That's a lot of discarded shares.

I have used the Akasa Thermal fan in similar situations.  It's not PWM but it has a temperature sensor on it and the speed adjusts to the ambient temperature, up to about 105 cfm.  It would probably run full speed on this miner, but max noise level is 38 db.  Almost half of what you have now.  It's fairly reasonably priced too.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10352/fan-677/Akasa_120mm_x_25mm_Auto_Thermal_Fan_-_800_-_2300_RPM_26C_-_45C_-_AK-174BKT-B.html?id=bcsD8IWM&mv_pc=316
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:52:55 PM

We are having a problem with most if not all of our RK Boxes on Pis, only 1 blade works at full speed and the other 3 almost shit off and only run at 40GH.
ravin

Activity: 132

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:23:58 PM

We are having a problem with most if not all of our RK Boxes on Pis, only 1 blade works at full speed and the other 3 almost shit off and only run at 40GH.

Mine too. I thought it's because I am running stock cgminer 4.4.1 which has only rockminer rbox (right?) support. ie., run at 270 freq max 290. And the SD card was blank (but class 10) so didnt get time to chase and find the right software.

Are you saying it's a defect really?
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:09:05 PM

Rockminer.com points to an sd image for the rocketbox on megaupload that is actually an image for the rbox(1.3.1). You'll notice the web-UI is version .5. I had similar issues with this build. You'll need to download the 1.3.2 version from baidu(web-UI v.9). I have 2 RBoxes running at 450-500gh/s off of 1 RPi on the latest version, although with 10 percent rejects.

I also built the latest customized cgminer for beaglebone and an x86 box. They seem to be a bit more stable on those systems. I'll provide an updated windows installer sometime this weekend.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:12:50 PM

Rockminer.com points to an sd image for the rocketbox on megaupload that is actually an image for the rbox(1.3.1). You'll notice the web-UI is version .5. I had similar issues with this build. You'll need to download the 1.3.2 version from baidu(web-UI v.9). I have 2 RBoxes running at 450-500gh/s off of 1 RPi on the latest version, although with 10 percent rejects.

I also built the latest customized cgminer for beaglebone and an x86 box. They seem to be a bit more stable on those systems. I'll provide an updated windows installer sometime this weekend.

We are using the version with web-UI v.9, labeled Rockminer v1.1.
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:25:29 PM

Disregard the previous version numbers I listed.

Right Image:
RaspberryPi_Rockminer_Rocket_V1.1.img

Wrong Image:
RaspberryPi_Rockminer_RBoxV0.3.1.img

I would try running against an x86 build of cgminer and see if they behave the same way. It seems yours are being recognized as rboxes… I had the same thing happen when I tested them on a 4.4.1 build of cgminer. Also, make sure they are getting enough power.

I have 6 running, 2 on rpi, 2 on beaglebone, and 2 on x86 ubuntu. No problems other than 10% reject rate.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:36:07 PM

Disregard the previous version numbers I listed.

Right Image:
RaspberryPi_Rockminer_Rocket_V1.1.img

Wrong Image:
RaspberryPi_Rockminer_RBoxV0.3.1.img

I would try running against an x86 build of cgminer and see if they behave the same way. It seems yours are being recognized as rboxes… I had the same thing happen when I tested them on a 4.4.1 build of cgminer. Also, make sure they are getting enough power.

I have 6 running, 2 on rpi, 2 on beaglebone, and 2 on x86 ubuntu. No problems other than 10% reject rate.

We will try some more things, I would be very interested in the BB build as I have a strong dislike of Pis.

Also looks like a new image was posted, 1.2.1
geoffrey

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:14:04 AM

someone already downloaded the 1.2.1 version ?
What's the difference with 1.1 ?
I can't seem to get it downloaded right,
it get's stuck at 16% from downloading or so.

Maybe someone can reupload it somewhere else.
klondike_bar
Legendary

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:39:52 AM

I have 2 RBoxes running at 450-500gh/s off of 1 RPi on the latest version, although with 10 percent rejects.

pretty musch same as me. after a full weekend its a 439GH/unit average but with 12.28% rejects.   822GH at the pool (ie: 12.3% less). If the cause of rejects can be identified and resolved, as well as adding a proper fan speed control, these could be an alright unit. but its not a finished product by any means

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: