Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 03:23:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New 400 BTC Bounty Pales Roger Ver's 37.6 BTC Bounty for Return of Stolen BTC  (Read 18341 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:54:18 PM

This is a bit mind numbing, there is a guy you can physically reach out and put hands on who stole 1,300+ BTC from you and this is where it is at?

Considering they are in Europe wouldn't the most violent way to recover them be the easiest as well. You need to get some Serbian or Bulgarian friends Phin.

I've received a few PMs and emails from those suggesting violence, of which I'm not advocating, and that's not what I'm offering the 400 BTC bounty for.

These French fucks wanted to play by their rules from the get-go, but now it's time they play by mine.

Boussac claimed that there was more than one auditor (not liquidator) working on the case, whereas davout claimed there was only one auditor (not liquidator) involved. Except at the very onset of the InstaWallet fiasco, a liquidator was only brought up briefly by some others until most realized that Paymium, et al. was in full control of the situation, promising to return everybody's bitcoins. To date, only >1K users have been satisfied outta the ~20K users Boussac/davout claimed to have claims against IW having ~3M users, presumably mostly inactive, but definitely ~20K active accounts according to their accounts.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:55:35 PM

Paying 50k would be acknowleging davouts missbehaviour.. No way they'll settle. Bitcoin is war.

I have an agreement from Davout to settle the deal I posted just before

I now wait agreement from OP

Somehow, I missing the terms of said deal. Link please.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 03:58:17 PM

Any French can reach Davout easily because he is not hiding at all.
On the contrary, he goes to many meetup.

This is really weird. Why isn't he hiding if he stole so much Bitcoins ?
Why didn't he disappear and live a good life ??

And why are you ready to give 400 BTC ??

400 BTC is approximately a third of the 1,132 BTC they stole from me, that is how.

The only reason I can think of them not hiding is because they may feel they can get away with their crime. Hell, they just recently shut down InstaWallet's site in spite of owing ~20K non-customers their bitcoins. These fucks are totally brazen.
silentgwad

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:02:51 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 04:18:51 PM by silentgwad

i'm waiting for phinneaus to show up on -assets again, so i can pierce him a second butthole in front of everyone
HIRE SOME SERBS TO GET IT
Definitly made my day  Cheesy

Well, seems like a complex story with complex evidences.
Phinnaeus Gage , if those coins really belongs to you, I hope you'ill take them back and get davout recognized as a scammer.
If not, I hope davout will offer a counter bounty of 401 BTC to shut your mouth down for false accusations. ' Cause heh, reputation is everything in the small bitcoin ecosystem ..
Good luck to the truth teller among you guys  Wink

"If regulators stomp on bitcoin, they will turn the gecko into a komodo dragon that will bite off their foot." - Andreas Antonopoulos
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:04:43 PM

I understand what you are saying with the first point but some people would still give him his money out of a sense of justice. Maybe not many people. But some.

With the second point. If his urls were leaked then there should be blockchain evidence of someone removing the 1000++ btc away from addresses that are controlled by instawallet. It sounds like the wallets related to this event have ~1300 btc in them if I'm understanding Bruno's posts correctly.

Has Davout posted evidence of the 1000 btc wallet having that btc moved from the wallet before instawallet was shut down?

For first step, requesting a thief to stole money and have a sense of justice is a bit unrealistic. So I guess Phinneas is not looking for a thief. But whitout proof, who will do something? (except thiefs?)

I think the issue is no one knows what is the wallet, no one has blockchain transaction ID, that's why nothing moves. If you read the irc log, you clearly see that Davout says he has tried to identify the wallet, has searched the blockchain, but there is no sign of this wallet. And having transaction ID would have helped, but there is no.

From my point of view, I don't see any proof anywhere. I have no reason to believe Davout has stolen BTC.

Yeah, it is unrealistic to assume someone is going to steal the btc. I was just addressing your hypothetical about the incentive for the person to give Bruno back his money rather than just keep it all for himself.

So after reading the chat log Davout claims that there is no address for two of the three that Bruno gave him. What was the point of having an audit if not to have the auditor as an impartial source do the searching themselves and make a statement reflected the lack of associated address. At this point it's just Davout's word saying there's nothing there versus Bruno's. For this amount of money there really should be an independent source confirming these things.

Regardless of whether Davout is guilty or he genuinely can not locate any funds related to any of the information given to him by Bruno, for Davout's own sake as a professional who obviously intends to continue his career in bitcoin, he should have these things confirmed independently. Personally, it would be my first priority to remove all doubt as to my involvement with Bruno's claim by having an audit. Otherwise you're only left with two possibilities, one being Davout being completely unable to find any link to Bruno's claimed funds, or an opportunistic theft where the evidence is completely controlled by Davout and there's no definitive way to determine guilt. Why make people wonder?
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 04:27:16 PM

Co create enough preassure, so thing acctualy happens....
Tho, if guy is not hiding, than well...no legal terms or BTC bounty is needed...

I've already put a lot of pressure on them sans a bounty. Now, with this effort out in the open, Bitcoin-Central, et al. is going to get a looking into.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:31:16 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2014, 04:53:39 PM by hdbuck

First I think both Phin and Davout are eminent bitcoiners and should get the credit/respect they desserve.

However, PG's claim isnt new. He was the only one claiming that those 1k+ BTC belong to him up to now and had put tremendous efforts and time to try to get it back since Instawallet went down. I know davout and PG arent besties but they should be reasonable enough to put an end to this whole story for the sake of Phin's health and Davout's businesses, at the very least.

Bury the axe, settle down and move on.

They way I understood it is that there is more than 40k BTC waiting to be refunded to Instawallet's users that can come up with some more proof, which may just be impossible to get. So if they dont, what will happen with those funds? Instawallet's owners will just keep it all?! That just doesnt sound right.

Dont make this case another Mtgox scandal which would harm Bitcoin in general (and especially in France since davout & folks represents it in here).

PG's reputation and efforts to denounce bitcoin heists & abuses in general should account for his sincereness and legitimacy in this whole drama.

Peace, luv... and bitcoins! Cheesy
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:34:32 PM

What jurisdiction is this guy in?
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:43:33 PM

Am I wrong here or is it incredibly arrogant to expect people to accept your word at face value that there are no matches to Bruno's wallets?

Davout may very well be completely innocent, but how can anyone expect people to believe that at face value with no other evidence?

If I'm off base here, let me know, because I just don't see it.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 04:47:43 PM

The fact that you lost this many BTC makes me sick to my stomach.   That is so much to lose, no matter how much you have...
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:04:49 PM

My settlement will now be a minimum of $100K USD via BTC, NO LONGER ONLY $50K USD via BTC.

You now fuckin' tell me these fucks at Paymium and Lemon Way have nothing to hide.

https://twitter.com/lemonway/status/316873425778012160

https://twitter.com/lemonway

There is no motherfuckin' way in hell that Lemon Way would have a reason to delete their tweet requesting where they - Sebastien Burlet - could obtain bitcoins three days prior to the InstaWallet "hack" unless they are in on Paymium's scheme.

If the tweet was nothing but mundane, then why delete it after it's been up for over a year, but rid it only after I brought attention to it about a month back? By all accounts, I shouldn't be on Lemon Ways RADAR, but I guess I am, either via their own eyes or from Paymium, et al.

I suggest that Paymium best get this episode behind them ASAP, otherwise ANY plans they have in France or the European theatre pertaining to Bitcoin is going Bye-Bye, and that's not a threat. By the time I get done with you assholes, you'll pay out more than 1,132 BTC equivalent to your French lawyers to defend the charges I'll continue to make via the various internet options at my disposal, and I'll use my real name when I do such. Not to mention the moneys you're going to lose over and beyond lawyer fees. And, I almost forgot to mention future VC funding of the likes of Galitt.

https://angel.co/paymium

https://angel.co/galitt/followers

http://bensonsamuel.com/bitcoin-3/bitcoin-goes-to-cartes-2012-paymiums-newest-offering/

Pierre Noizat

These days, we are actively preparing the “Cartes 2012″ trade show where we are exhibitors on the Galitt booth (Galitt is an investor in Paymium with over 20 years of payments expertise).

We will be introducing our “Paytunia” app (web and mobile) in its “multicurrency” version: Payments in Euro are processed through the Bitcoin network.

Merchants using “Paytunia Pro” can accept payments from Paytunia app users and/or from Bitcoiners using any other “Bitcoin-enabled” payment app.

Merchants do not need to display prices in Bitcoin because Paytunia Pro will calculate the equivalent Bitcoin amount from a price denominated in Euro.

Paytunia Pro provides merchants with the benefits of using Bitcoin (easy set up, no chargebacks, low fees, immediate payments, regardless of a customer’s country of residence) without the need to display prices in Bitcoin (a difficult step to take for most merchants).

To roll out its new payment app to the consumer market, Paymium has signed an agreement with a banking partner.

Thanks to this agreement, funds deposited in Euro to Bitcoin-central or Paytunia will enjoy the same level of legal protection as any other bank account in France.

Paymium Offerings

Paymium has some of the most talked about products in the Mobile Bitcoin Space.

-          Paytunia – Bitcoin Wallet with cloud based storage. No download of Blockchain required. <GONE!>

-          Instawallet – Anonymous Bitcoin wallet. 1.3m wallets in existence at the time of writing this article. <GONE!>

-          Bitcoin-Central – Bitcoin Exchange

-          Instawire – Purchase Bitcoin directly via Wire Transfer <GONE!>

Paymium bridges the gap between legacy payment companies and the newer generation of Bitcoin companies by providing solutions for Consumers, Developers and Enterprise.

With Paytunia Pro, now allowing POS & Multi-Currency capabilities in EUROs, we can expect viral growth in the company as well.

With the financial backing of a payments veteran & exposure to CARTES, It would be great to watch the Paymium growth across Europe and the rest of the world.

Closing

Needless to say, Mobile wallets are a large area for Bitcoin to penetrate and Paymium seem to be getting it right on every count.

This is a tremendous victory for Bitcoin to be introduced at this massive Payments stage at CARTES.

No doubts that Paymium will be one of the stronger Bitcoin players going forward.

Must be nice to receive $400K USD in funding to back your 4 entities, of which only 1 entity remains - Bitcoin-Central - of which is backed by a bank named Lemon Way which inquired about how to obtain bitcoins via a tweet three days prior to InstaWallet's "hack" and only has some fuckin' app as their claim-to-fame. I guess one needs to be French to get in on this wonderful action.

Full Disclosure: I've only begun to dig into these lying pieces of shit, and can't wait to share with the world the dirt I'd uncover on these bastards.

Continue with your motherfuckin' lies, davout/David François, for they'll be your Waterloo (almost injected 'bane', but my hole-in-head brain kicked into high gear at the last second).

~Bruno Kucinskas
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:08:57 PM

Phinn:

It seems pretty clear that Davout (claims) to not have enough information for the balances you claim. I would think you have two options:

a) Provide Davout additional information about the deposits (tx id or deposit address) that funded your instawallet account.
b) Find a lawyer and take legal action.

If you cannot provide the additional information he requests, if the information does not help Davout or for some other reason he does not pay out, then your only option is legal action.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:16:30 PM

Sun Tzu Style :
Those skilled in defense can hide in plain sight.
Smiley

I've read The Art of War three times, albeit when I was much younger. Time to give it another read. I love that book, right up there with Prisoner's Dilemma by William Poundstone.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:24:44 PM

Paying 50k would be acknowleging davouts missbehaviour.. No way they'll settle. Bitcoin is war.

Or it could be settling for loosing his BTC after the InstaWallet Hack.

Other members got some money back.
Why shouldn't PG, and I think he has given Davout a fair deal here.
Just what it cost him.

Like I said if I was Davout, I would pay out the 50K and make a public notice that PG (just like other members) was refunded some of the lost money from the InstaWallet hack.

That deal is now off the table due to Lemon Way deleting their tweet(s) expressing interest in obtaining bitcoins three days prior to the InstaWallet "hack" because I now honestly believe they, too, are hiding shit. The new deal is $100K USD via BTC with a very favorable bounty in place for anybody willing and able to act as a liaison to this fiasco, with Rassah acting as escrow if such is warranted, him earning at least $1K USD for his efforts.

If/when another can of worms manifests themselves, I'll up any arbitrary deal even higher. Either way, Paymium, et al. has a lot to lose, and I'm more than willing to help them lose it.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:36:34 PM

<OP Snipped>

So is Roger Ver also on this forum? What is his name here?

Roger Ver's user name is MemoryDealers on this forum, but he's not part of the InstaWallet scam I 99% believe. If I learnt otherwise, I'll have no qualms with draggin' his good name (so far that statement is relatively true) through the mud.

Roger Ver is one of the few I've opted to not dig that deeply into. Others include, theymos (don't ask me why), the BitPay gain (because I like and trust them to date), Erik Voorhees (think he's cool), Dank (not worth it), Goat (albeit, he would be the first on this short list I would spend time looking into), Gavin Andresen (still have some trust for him), Rassah (a person I consider be highly trustworthy), and most the other mods on this forum, albeit not sure about John K. Apologies if I left your good name off this list, but wanted to keep it short to give you folks an idea as to where I'm honestly coming from.

At one time, I regard InstaWallet to the highest esteem... until they fucked me royal.

~Bruno Kucinskas
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:37:21 PM

My sister had a baby yesterday  Grin

Sounds like the opening move in some sort of scam.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:38:21 PM

Like I said if I was Davout, I would pay out the 50K and make a public notice that PG (just like other members) was refunded some of the lost money from the InstaWallet hack.

Like I said, Davout has accepted the deal I proposed here, so let see if OP will honor is bounty

I'm available here or by PM to write agreement in the stone

I have a lawyer available to settle the agreement, that I will pay on my part of the Bounty.

This deal you speak of still eludes me, but if it was brokered prior to me upping the deal, then I will surely honor it. It's only fair.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:44:42 PM

Phinnaeus just one question:

How can you prove that the BTC is yours? I have not seen signed transaction from the originating address in any of your many rants about this and, it's not that I don't believe you, but I am slightly surprised that you havn't volunteered this as it seems to be the sort of evidence you might call for yourself if the shoe was on the other foot...?

Anyway, good luck either way.

That's exactly the center of the question discussed publicly in french meetup.
No one have seen this proof...

I don't understand why phinnaeus would pay 400BTC for 50K$, but I can write the agreement with him and make the deal

Davout will send to trusted escrow 50K$ (in dollard or BTC)
Phinnaeus will send to escrow 400 BTC

when escrow have both, he will send me 400 BTC and send Phinnaeus is 50K$

I will then send 300 BTC to Davout

We will all waive the right to terminate this agreement and to all actions regarding the instawallet service

My english is king of crappy, but you will have a real agreement translating this in good english by an international lawyer speaking flawless english  Smiley

I think something was lost during translation.

The 400 BTC bounty is if I receive the full 1,132 BTC owed to me. I, personally, will (at the time) accept $50K as part of any arbitrated deal, with onus on anybody acting as a liaison to accomplish said feet to cut their own bounty deal with Paymium, et al. as long as I receive no less than $50K USD (now $100K if this particular falls through).

In hindsight, I kinda wish I didn't put the lower sum on the table, but it is what it is, in essence offering up an olive branch, so to speak, with nothing else need be read into said offer.

~Bruno Kucinskas
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638

View Profile
June 12, 2014, 05:51:13 PM

lake lack of proof

Actually "lake of proof" is not far from "ocean of proof" which would be a valid English phrase (akin to "mountain of proof").  In this case it would have the opposite meaning to what you intend.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2014, 05:57:51 PM

Funny thing is from what I remember there wasn't even a 'hack'. It was simply an issue of some people losing money in their wallets due to search engines indexing their wallets. So instawallet shut down to minimise damage.

The fact that they've just decided to keep all this money to themselves with no explanation is pretty incredible.

As much as I often disagree with things the US government does, at least they go after people like Trendon Shavers, who ended up with a much smaller amount stolen from people on here. And it seems there's no one to go after these guys despite them pulling off a million+ dollar scam.

Bitcoin wallet service Instawallet hacked, shuts down ‘indefinitely’

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167215.msg1741392#msg1741392

Dear Instawallet users,

I am a co-founder of Paymium, the company behind Instawallet.

We have now finished our analysis of the events that lead to the suspension of the service.
An intruder was able to access the instawallet database. As a result, all "hidden" urls, i.e wallets, have been compromised and are no longer safe to store bitcoins.
Funds were stolen: a police report was filed by Paymium with BEFTI ( Brigade d’Enquêtes sur les Fraudes aux Technologies de l’Information, a unit of the French "Police Judiciaire") and an investigation is in progress.
Computer forensic analysis is in progress with independent auditors.
We will be able to refund all instawallet balances up to 50 BTC per wallet.
In the next few days we are going to open the claim process for Instawallet balance holders to claim the funds they had stored before the service interruption.

Note the plural of 'independent auditors'. A month or so later, davout claims the same thing but in the singular form. After literally hundreds of requests to provide a single name of a single auditor, that request has gone unaddressed, with davout claiming that he will not release such, ergo there fuckin' wasn't one, with davout supposedly doing all the investigation leg work when he felt such was/is warranted.

Perhaps, one day he'll be so kind to post such in the Swahili section of this forum like Boussac did with a link to the police report by placing it in the French section and not the official InstaWallet claims thread upped and manned at the time by him, opting to play hide-and-seek with IW's non-customers.

These fuckers want to play assholes, then this asshole, along with some asshole allies, are now willing to play their game, and we have a feeling that we're going to win.

~Bruno Kucinskas
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: