Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:00:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Neutrinocoin | The Secret Coin  (Read 5704 times)
templar77 (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:40:07 AM

My new analysis: Neutrinocoin | The Secret Coin

http://coinliberty.net/altcoins/coin-report-neutrinocoin-secret-coin

This report should only be considered as my personal opinion in certain determined time. I could be mistaken in some points, and change my opinion in the future. Do your own research before using/investing in any cryptocurrency.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:32:22 AM

The fact there are 21 million neutrinos for sale at 1 btc each on bittrex, more than there even is Bitcoin available is a dead giveaway it is a scam. I can't believe those 3 guys behind it would put their public reputations on the line like that considering they have impressive linkedin resumes.
garthkiser

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:37:33 AM

Check out an expanded bio of the Neutrino devs. I've included many links in this article. These guys must have more in store: http://www.blockchange.info/altcoins/neutrinocoin-research/
Posted from Bitcointa.lk - #WYcRmadu1EeHHe3q

megadestruct61

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:25:12 AM

The fact there are 21 million neutrinos for sale at 1 btc each on bittrex, more than there even is Bitcoin available is a dead giveaway it is a scam. I can't believe those 3 guys behind it would put their public reputations on the line like that considering they have impressive linkedin resumes.
EH?? I bought 1500 at 4000 sato's earlier today sold em for a quick profit before it dropped more. Now at 3000 sato's much less then 1 BTC. AND there are 210 MILLION neutrinos, 21 million is bitcoins number. So your wrong on lots of things.  This coin seems interesting to me.  From what I can find in a web search seems to have been in the works since Feb of this year.  Whats weird is you can only seem to mine it on multipool from info on their website.  https://www.multipool.us/stats.php?curr=ntr

Came from out of nowhere but I say it passes the first smell test but needs more pools at least so I can mine some!
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:35:56 PM

EH?? I bought 1500 at 4000 sato's earlier today sold em for a quick profit before it dropped more. Now at 3000 sato's much less then 1 BTC. AND there are 210 MILLION neutrinos, 21 million is bitcoins number. So your wrong on lots of things.  This coin seems interesting to me.  From what I can find in a web search seems to have been in the works since Feb of this year.  Whats weird is you can only seem to mine it on multipool from info on their website.  https://www.multipool.us/stats.php?curr=ntr

Came from out of nowhere but I say it passes the first smell test but needs more pools at least so I can mine some!

There are 13 million mined Bitcoins, these scam artists who mined 99% of their own coin are asking 1 BTC EACH for 21 million coins. There is not enough Bitcoin in the world to even buy them at this price! And this is just 10% of their whole stash! How can you NOT see this is a con?
newuser01

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 01:40:49 PM

The secret scam coin

don't buy it unless you literally want to give your money away.
T-800

Activity: 205
Merit: 105

【Ƀ】➔ ☽

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 02:05:01 PM

The secret scam coin

don't buy it unless you literally want to give your money away.

Or if you just want to ride the wave. I bought some yesterday, and sold them today for twice the BTC I invested, and still hold some of the NTR just in case. You can do the same with a lot of coins, especially new ones that have some hype around them. Since the risk is huge however, you shouldn't use a lot of BTC.

The TOR part of this coin is pretty cool, but I have no idea why they didn't announce this coin and secretly mined all the coins.

It's actually 1 NTR with an asking price of 21 million BTC on bittrex.

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:09:04 PM

lol what a piece of crap, how can CMC list this dirt.

Whoisthelorax

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:21:12 PM

lol what a piece of crap, how can CMC list this dirt.

WORD

they mined 3992 coins per block in the dark. now the coin mines 10.987 per block. nearly 400x less drop in subsidy and now it just pops onto the most popular coin market cap site.

reeeeeeeks of scam.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins&#neutrinocoin
syyyn

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:01:03 PM

I can't believe people are buying this crap.  Your all making these devs free money.  This thread is going to be huge in a few days after everyone realizes they were scammed.  If something's to good to be true... it is.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:08:17 PM

I can't believe people are buying this crap.  Your all making these devs free money.  This thread is going to be huge in a few days after everyone realizes they were scammed.  If something's to good to be true... it is.

This may sound crazy though as much as it is a scam I trust more the devs not to dump and tank their own coin than I do all the fly-by-night whales on every other coin anymore. Most likely their plan if it works out is to just let the value rise and slowly sell off as needed and not spook the market, in this it might not be such a bad investment after all if you're willing to accept you're going to make 3 creators rich rather than a few dozen whales.
syyyn

Activity: 212

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 08:20:57 PM

Gee I should just create a coin like this one, mine the shit out of it, then pull this crap.  Would you trust me to hold all of the coin?  I could care a less about a linkedin profile or a dev blog or pictures and names of the devs.  It can easily be faked.  In a matter of time these 3 guys for Neutrino will be laughing all the way to the bank.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 08:49:46 PM

Gee I should just create a coin like this one, mine the shit out of it, then pull this crap.  Would you trust me to hold all of the coin?  I could care a less about a linkedin profile or a dev blog or pictures and names of the devs.  It can easily be faked.  In a matter of time these 3 guys for Neutrino will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Well the creator was profiled in a WSJ article last year for creating Bitcoin ATMs so he is definitely real.

Just playing devil's advocate though, is there fundamentally any difference between a corporation that goes public and offers its "pre-mined" shares of its company to investors v.s what these guys are doing offering up their premined coins at a set price? This goes against everything Satoshi stood for obviously but if you approach it from a strictly love-of-money corporate/business environment, there is actually nothing unethical about it compared to the stock market.

Obviously buying Microsoft stock made Bill Gates and its employees rich but it also made alot of other people rich who bought at the beginning too. Personally i've lost MORE money trying to be principled and not dumping my coins or buying into a coin for the honesty or technical fundamentals and I lose money everytime.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 09:59:16 PM

I have been following this coin for a few weeks now... dont think its a scam... i think it just became popular.  Lots of points on this coin point to a non scam coin.  Maybe it is pre mined.. but so is drk.. so who cares.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 10:01:26 PM

Gee I should just create a coin like this one, mine the shit out of it, then pull this crap.  Would you trust me to hold all of the coin?  I could care a less about a linkedin profile or a dev blog or pictures and names of the devs.  It can easily be faked.  In a matter of time these 3 guys for Neutrino will be laughing all the way to the bank.

Well the creator was profiled in a WSJ article last year for creating Bitcoin ATMs so he is definitely real.

Just playing devil's advocate though, is there fundamentally any difference between a corporation that goes public and offers its "pre-mined" shares of its company to investors v.s what these guys are doing offering up their premined coins at a set price? This goes against everything Satoshi stood for obviously but if you approach it from a strictly love-of-money corporate/business environment, there is actually nothing unethical about it compared to the stock market.

Obviously buying Microsoft stock made Bill Gates and its employees rich but it also made alot of other people rich who bought at the beginning too. Personally i've lost MORE money trying to be principled and not dumping my coins or buying into a coin for the honesty or technical fundamentals and I lose money everytime.

from the site:

megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:07:44 AM

I can't believe people are buying this crap.  Your all making these devs free money.  This thread is going to be huge in a few days after everyone realizes they were scammed.  If something's to good to be true... it is.

This may sound crazy though as much as it is a scam I trust more the devs not to dump and tank their own coin than I do all the fly-by-night whales on every other coin anymore. Most likely their plan if it works out is to just let the value rise and slowly sell off as needed and not spook the market, in this it might not be such a bad investment after all if you're willing to accept you're going to make 3 creators rich rather than a few dozen whales.

I get your point and when I first said this coin passes the smell test in this thread it was before I realized its all premined.  While devs may not tank the market this thing is against the ideals of crypto IMO.  Also after more research this wallet does not bundle transactions it just uses tor network to hid your IP so in reality it is no more anonymous then using Bitcoin with an Electrum wallet.

This thing should be like 30 sato's or so.... everyone that buys it is just making the devs rich.
Kuriso

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:01:07 AM

Came across a couple of these threads as I was looking at this coin again.  This coin looks so good at first glance but when you dig into it, its a total scam.

The block explorer shows 0.0 difficulty during almost the entire mining period.   They ninja mined the entire 210 million NTR with NO DIFFICULTY! 

This link came from one of those other threads: http://explorer.neutrinocoin.org/chain/Neutrinocoin?hi=52625&count=100

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657607.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651175.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647597.0

If this coin had a fair launch, I'd be all over it.  I just cant pull myself into buying it.  Only thing I'm going to do now is keep watching it and see what happens
Whoisthelorax

Activity: 370
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:32:23 AM

Came across a couple of these threads as I was looking at this coin again.  This coin looks so good at first glance but when you dig into it, its a total scam.

The block explorer shows 0.0 difficulty during almost the entire mining period.   They ninja mined the entire 210 million NTR with NO DIFFICULTY! 

This link came from one of those other threads: http://explorer.neutrinocoin.org/chain/Neutrinocoin?hi=52625&count=100

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657607.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=651175.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647597.0

If this coin had a fair launch, I'd be all over it.  I just cant pull myself into buying it.  Only thing I'm going to do now is keep watching it and see what happens

QFT.

You know how there are people who will defend massively instamined coins? And you suspect they are just bag holders?

Expect the same here.
bctx

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:34:17 AM

They ninja mined the entire 210 million NTR with NO DIFFICULTY! 

That's why they're smiling in the pictures posted on their website.
bctx

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:52:01 AM

Maybe it's because they're willing to sacrifice their public reputation to get a few million out of the cryptoworld. To them, what it comes down to is, "what's the better option?" Working for another 5-20 years doing whatever it is they were previously doing; or create a scam coin with the knowledge that they have, and skim the top every time the market rises past a certain point? Unsurprisingly, their profiles and pictures have been removed from the Neutrino website.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: