Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:32:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we all write to FBI asking not to sell bitcoins but hodl them?  (Read 3055 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:50:00 AM

yeah they too can hodl them and benefit if bitcoin goes to moon!..
no point in selling now...they too can add wealth to FBI..

maybe buy some FBI gadgets using bitcoins.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 03:56:06 AM

Make more money.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 03:58:02 AM

You can try. I do not believe FBI would listen to us emailing them about bitcoin being an investment tool. Those are evidence to a case, they are not likely to touch them yet. If they were considering selling them, they will auction them off exchange. So, the market price would not be hugely affected.
TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:06:22 AM

I dont see too much of an issue with this. It's a private auction with the coins, not a exchange selling them off. If they went to an exchange to do this, I would be very concerned, but with a private auction it creates a sale outside of the BTC ecosystem and should have little effect on the price aside from speculator fears.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:10:44 AM

i actually prefer this be done with ASAP. i don't want it to linger around like the "will china ban bitcoin" circus. once it's done, it's done... no takesies backsies. no one will need to speculate whether it happens, and/or when it happens.
freedombit

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:12:50 AM

What is more important to you? Having a higher number or the ability to change the number you control?
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:23:36 AM

You can write all you want but the law will prevail and the law kills your idea.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 04:39:22 AM
Last edit: June 14, 2014, 03:16:47 AM by _Miracle

Let's get this done with already. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out, the effects will be temporary, then we can move on to the next thing {whatever that may be)

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
acs267

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:45:03 AM

Why would someone E-Mail the FBI, anyway?

By the way, the FBI won't listen to us. They back the Gov, or only listen to the Gov. I doubt a petition would do much, but hey. We're Bitcoiners.
btcbug

Activity: 399

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:52:32 AM

Yes they should hold them. 30,000 coins X 1,000,000 per coin in 2017 could pay down the debt by a few percent! Wink
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1247

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:13:32 AM

People without $ always what to tell the ones who have it what to do. Stick your email up your ass n go about your day Cheesy (respectfully)

I'll feel better when the FED's don't have these monster wallets that they could pwn a market such as BTC-E or Bitstamp with! Ty for the auctions. Let them do their thing and take their exit.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:23:07 AM

People without $ always what to tell the ones who have it what to do. Stick your email up your ass n go about your day Cheesy (respectfully)

I'll feel better when the FED's don't have these monster wallets that they could pwn a market such as BTC-E or Bitstamp with! Ty for the auctions. Let them do their thing and take their exit.

The sad thing is that they either dont know or dont care.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Cryptogirl82

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:38:51 AM

how many BTC does the FBI actually hold? So much to being private.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:43:53 AM

1) It is the DOJ not the FBI who temporary holds seized property
2) They sell all of it as quickly as is manageable.  Million dollar mansions, metric tons of gold, priceless works of art, yachts, speedboats, vehicles, stocks, and yes now bitcoins.
3) They are obligated by law to dispose of seized property.  They aren't speculators, they sell it off and add the proceeds to the US treasury.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:52:20 AM

2) They sell all of it as quickly as is manageable.  Million dollar mansions, metric tons of gold, priceless works of art, yachts, speedboats, vehicles, stocks, and yes now bitcoins.
3) They are obligated by law to dispose of seized property.  They aren't speculators, they sell it off and add the proceeds to the US treasury.

While the Gov't needs a viable source of real income, the points above are correct and writing the Feds about holding will not do any good.
They are not selling near the top, but already made a big profit compared to the day of the SR bust.

how many BTC does the FBI actually hold? So much to being private.

You just reminded me, they are only selling far less than half of what they hold. The DPR stash is not being sold now, possibly related to the on-going trial.

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 06:00:00 AM

Govt should put bitcoin bounties on the heads of heinous violent criminals with no other color (victimless crimes).

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:00:12 AM

I would rather the feds not hold any coins. They could be used for market manipulation and the current way they do things with regular money doesn't exactly give you confidence that they wouldn't exercise that power.  

validium

Activity: 350

Decentralized thinking

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 06:54:30 AM

2) They sell all of it as quickly as is manageable.  Million dollar mansions, metric tons of gold, priceless works of art, yachts, speedboats, vehicles, stocks, and yes now bitcoins.
3) They are obligated by law to dispose of seized property.  They aren't speculators, they sell it off and add the proceeds to the US treasury.

This happens in most of the countries like where i live the money will be used to pay national debts or fund government projects

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:24:47 AM

i actually prefer this be done with ASAP. i don't want it to linger around like the "will china ban bitcoin" circus. once it's done, it's done... no takesies backsies. no one will need to speculate whether it happens, and/or when it happens.
There may indeed be a sinister motive behind their pre-announcing the sale of these coins.  I'm almost inclined to believe it was for exactly this reason.

Should be interesting to see what happens to the price of bitcoin between now and the 27th that's for sure.  Already dumping 30% of what I have JIC it ends up taking a couple more serious dips.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
CaptainBeck

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 07:29:13 AM

http://online.wsj.com/articles/fbi-readies-144-341-bitcoins-for-sale-1402606244

Got a feeling the price may be push abit lower before the 27th. Its going to be off exchange so shouldnt massively effect at the time. Hopefully the person buying them wont flood the market but who knows who will buy from the FBI likely some high up company who wants in on a quick buck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: