Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 11:44:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What are some new innovative none spammy ideas that can help people getting into BTC earn a little coin?  (Voting closed: June 14, 2014, 06:48:25 PM)
More gambling sites! - 2 (14.3%)
Faucets again? Ugh. - 0 (0%)
More signature campaigns - 10 (71.4%)
I don't know - 2 (14.3%)
I don't know - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ideas for newbies to earn a little coin  (Read 4515 times)
skottiejay (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2014, 05:54:34 PM

money is not easy

Ain't that the truth.

I'm just thinking of ideas of people just wandering into the world of bitcoin who don't have the money or whatever to invest in rigs and what not. Faucet sites are long gone, mining is pretty much dead unless you can put the capitol into it.

What else could I say?
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:00:15 AM

money is not easy

Ain't that the truth.

I'm just thinking of ideas of people just wandering into the world of bitcoin who don't have the money or whatever to invest in rigs and what not. Faucet sites are long gone, mining is pretty much dead unless you can put the capitol into it.

Amen brother.

You need a lot of capital to put into miners.

Faucets are still around it is just that they pay next to nothing.

The best way to get bitcoin is to sell your services in the marketplace (either on the forums or elsewhere)
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:35:59 PM

While mining may not be profitable for many newbies, anybody with a desktop pc can do it.  This at least meets the criteria of "idea for a newbie to earn a little coin".  I mean, shoot, my daughter has a pc she doesn't use during the school day with a GT260 vid card on it that with cudaminer is lucky to get 40kH.  40!  That's crap.  But I let it run anyway and still get about 100 Dogecoin/day from multipool.us and since +100 Doge is more than I had the day before then I let it run.

Yeah, you may say the electricity cost isn't worth it and it's probably not.  But backing any new idea that could be worldchanging is rarely profitable in the early stages.

I don't trust gambling sites.  I suck at real life gambling when I can see everything on the table in front of me so the last thing I want to do is click a button on a website and hope the programming on the backend is set properly to mimic real life machines (which are only required by law to payout 75% of the time in Vegas).
JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:41:03 PM

I think we have reached the point where the BTC economy is too large and important that large holders feel they have to "give away" anything. Now it's just like $ -- need to offer stuff to sell, or run a business/offer a service.
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:47:07 PM

If you're a good programmer who already knows something about integrating payment options, you can just pick up some jobs in the Services section and start earning some decent amount of Bitcoin in about a month. Otherwise, just do the Bitcoin version of a garage sale and sell some old stuff you don't need anymore.
acs267

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:53:59 PM

Participate in one of those Newbie and Jr. campaigns. Go into it knowing you're going to get a crappy payscale, just a few cents.

Other than that, Bitcoin is pretty darn hard to get if you're not willing to make a stable business plan, rank up, or sell/buy things.
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 08:56:11 PM

I think we have reached the point where the BTC economy is too large and important that large holders feel they have to "give away" anything. Now it's just like $ -- need to offer stuff to sell, or run a business/offer a service.

+1

Similar to the gold rush of 1849 - it was never the miners that made out with the profit, it was the hoteliers, the retailers of mining equipment, and the convenience services (bath & extra).  If you really want to capitalize on crypto at this stage find something that fills a void and others would be willing to pay for.
Joca97
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1023

Signature spot available for rent!

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 09:00:15 PM

join gambling sites that have good faucet Smiley))
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:10:32 AM

An awesome comboo is a gambling site with a high paying faucet! Prime dice is a bit low to make gains from.
merockstar

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:16:14 AM

Write for devtome
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:32:16 AM

Write for devtome

Could you provide me with a link please? Im interested in making articles if im guessing correctly Cheesy
merockstar

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

BTS: merockstar420

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:36:30 AM

Write for devtome

Could you provide me with a link please? Im interested in making articles if im guessing correctly Cheesy

devtome.com

see the links in my signature as well. you'll need to go through a registration admin to get setup. not sure who they currently are but if you have any trouble figuring it out let me know and i'll get to the bottom of it for you.
AuroraHF

Activity: 784

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:38:52 AM

Signature campaigns are really good for newbies. You get paid to post something on the forums with their signature. If you need a good and trusted signature campaign, check this out:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=291387.0;topicseen

I have been paid several times by Stunna already.

lmao
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 09:15:23 AM

Other than free bitcoin, if you're good at something (anything photoshop, graphic design etc) and don't mind doing some work you can earn some nice BTC.
Check out /r/jobs4bitcoins on Reddit

https://pay.reddit.com/r/Jobs4Bitcoins

Good luck!  Smiley
Domino

Activity: 662

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:40:20 AM

Signature campaigns are really good for newbies. You get paid to post something on the forums with their signature. If you need a good and trusted signature campaign, check this out:

Newbies can't really join the PD sig program, but the good news is, they can join the 777coin one. Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

Domino

Activity: 662

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:47:23 AM

money is not easy

Ain't that the truth.

Even if you have a big budget, it is very difficult to break even in bitcoin mining.
Altcoin mining is slightly better, but still it is not easy to get profits.

Icardi09

Activity: 476

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:16:06 AM

signature campaign is the best way
i hope i can received some BTC too from this campaign Grin

something fishy here, you became member less than 1 month
how can you have been paid several times by stunna?  Grin
did you use multiple accounts there?
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 02:00:45 PM

You could try to sell stuff locally for BTC on craigslist or the goods section on here. I've sold domains and simple websites that I made for BTC. Obviously though, you have to offer something of value to make BTC, and you usually have to spend either time or money to be able to make some money.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
skottiejay (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 06:51:19 PM

These are all good ideas to be honest, when I made the topic I was looking for ways to capitalize on getting some btc. I have some ideas now but it's going to take work for sure.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

What else could I say?
Candystripes

Activity: 294

***THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE***

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:50:44 PM

How about regular random giveaways?

---------------------------------
No longer under the possession of Candystripes.
Account is currently dormant.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: