Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:43:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KoreCoin [X13][PoS] | V1.2 - UPDATE | Anonymous going live 27th June  (Read 77497 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MUSCLEGIRLS

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:10:49 AM

honestly, just read the dev's responses and draw your own conclusions. i'll be very surprised if this turns out to be a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoGretzky

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:17:59 AM

honestly, just read the dev's responses and draw your own conclusions. i'll be very surprised if this turns out to be a scam.

I just downloaded the new wallet (1.2) an hour ago.  It keeps getting stuck on blocks.  I deleted blk001, blkindex and even peers and it still gets stuck.  Any help?

Delete everything except wallet.dat in the appdata folder and then try again  Smiley

Unfortunately that didn't work.  I've only had 1 other stuck wallet before and I was able to get it to work by deleting those files.  This one is not fixing itself.  Very strange.  Maybe I'll download the wallet again.  

maybe you just need to create korecoin.conf

- create new text document within folder C:\Users\(your own computer username)\AppData\Roaming\Korecoin
- copy and paste code below

Code:
server=1
listen=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=usernamehere
rpcpassword=passwordhere
rpcport=28555
port=28556
addnode=162.243.172.138
addnode=162.252.52.144
addnode=192.99.166.203

- save file as KoreCoin.conf (remember don't save file as .txt)
- open wallet again and let it sync.

That still didn't work.  I'm going to try to install the wallet again.

I noticed that version 1.2 says update.  Do I need to install 1.0 first?  That could be my problem.  Version 1.0 is asking me for a password.  Is that correct?  What is the password?

No you don't need 1.0 first, a fresh install of v1.2 and the KoreCoin.conf on the main post is sufficient enough. Please try leaving the wallet open for 30mins or so as it may sync slowly at the start. Otherwise try restart your computer/wallet. If that all fails please pm us and we shall try and help.

Looks like the price of KORE is slowly correcting itself everyone Smiley remember we are developing this out of our own pockets now so have put up donation addresses for anyone that wishes to help fund us too.
It is not necessary or mandatory to as we will continue to develop KORE with or without donations!

That was his response.  More than 2 days ago....

Kuttingcorners

Activity: 446

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:23:47 AM

maybe he really spent a lot of what he expected to keep as a premine then he seen the price go down when he left and wanted time to rebuy? On the other hand when i got scammed for an asic miner the scammer refunded me .2 btc when he dropped the price and he sold a lot after that because it brought him trust. It could go either way i think. Obviously the house is built on sand if the builder walks away one day and it falls down . Problem with these coin is everyone is expecting to get ripped off
MUSCLEGIRLS

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:32:23 AM

welp, i got some more evidence for you guys...lol. i hate to post this considering i just bought .10 BTC worth but w/e

i looked up the WHOIS for both KiwiCoin and Kore-Coin

so yeah...same domain registrar....same digitalocean nameservers. 100% the same person. NOW, the question is why does this matter?
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:41:11 AM

welp, i got some more evidence for you guys...lol. i hate to post this considering i just bought .10 BTC worth but w/e

i looked up the WHOIS for both KiwiCoin and Kore-Coin

so yeah...same domain registrar....same digitalocean nameservers. 100% the same person. NOW, the question is why does this matter?

OMG...... Shocked

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:52:19 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 01:20:25 AM by avatarius1

Guys, originally FUD started from me. I found this info about dev.

I understand, what i destroyed coin. Maybe, if i didnt post it on twitter, probably you can trade on dead coin some time...

If i post same messages - absolutely i am sure about it. ATM i think pumpers and whales want to kill me. lol.

Shit happens, good luck and take care with future investments, i lost some BTC too.

Maybe dev will return - who knows? But reputation KoreCoin dev isnt looking good.

S. :SSSS:                     ,i9&&&&&&&&&&2:                                        
                      rG; .iSSSS;                    5&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&,                                       
                     s&&  sSSSSS          .         r&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&9      .,,,.        .            .      
                    s&&X ;iSSSSi    ;siSSSSSSSi;    h&&&&&h:.:5G&&&&&h :2&&&&&&&&&9i  r3&&&&5     ,3&&&&3    
                    &&h:,iSSSSi; :iSSSSSSSSSSSSS:   &&&&&G;    2&&&&&X3&&&&&&&&&&&&&h,h&&&&&9    :h&&&&&2    
                  ,9&9. iSSSSi: SSSSSSir:;iSSSSSr  3&&&&&:   :9&&&&&Gi&GXr;;;2&&&&&&Gr&&&&&&S   .&&&&&&;     
                 ;G&G; .SSSSSr .SSSSS,    ,SSSSS, 5&&&&&&ii53&&&&&&Gr         2&&&&&XS&&&&&&s  ,9&&&&h:      
                2&&&i  sSSSSs  iSSSSr     iSSSSi rG&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&2  :iXh&&&&&&&&&&h:X&&&&&&: ;G&&&&&.       
               S&&&&  ;SSSSS, rSSSSS.    rSSSSSr.h&&&&&&&&&&&&&&h  rh&&&&&&&&&&&&&&i 9&&&&&h.i&&&&&&S        
    &GhXirrsXG&&&&&h ,SSSSSS :SSSSSi    ;iSSSSs,3&&&&&&GGGGh3i,  ,G&&&&&&3X25&&&&&2  9&&&&&X &&&&&G:         
    ;9&&&&&&&&&&&&Gr.iSSSSSr.iSSSSS;    iSSSSi; &&&&&&S          G&&&&&i    S&&&&h   9&&&&&3h&&&&X           
       s&&&&&&&&&&5 rSSSSSi sSSSSSr     SSSSir ;&&&&&3           &&&&&&S..:5&&&&&;   3&&&&&&&&&&G            
         ;XG&&&&&3  SSSSSS, iSSSSs.    rSSSSs..9&&&&G,           &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&    r&&&&&&&&&2             
              ,i3,  iiSii,  SSSSs     .sSSSi  ;h&&&G.            r9G&&&&&&&&GS:      ,2&&&&&&;               
           r9s,                                                      ,,:,           s&&&&&&&i                
           ,&&&&93S                                                              r9&&&&&&&S                  
            &&&&G;                                                               &&&&&&&&                    
            &&&&                                                                 &&&&&X:                     
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:35:12 AM

Maybe the dev has had a family crisis or something happened to him medically. I don't understand why everyone automatically assumes something is a scam when the dev won't hold your hand every day. This is what happens when we trade in a market filled with children and men with the maturity of children (basement dwellers).

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:43:18 AM

So, what would be the purpose of paying miners back if he was a scammer? Just wondering what the strategy would be there. Trying to apply some game theory to this. Lol There are times that you'd intentionally lose in order to advance your position and win in the end. Wondering if someone would lose his own coins to pay miners in order to develop trust with possible investors. You lose in the short term, but win in the end by taking investors money. I hope this isn't the case. If I were a theiving bastard, that's what I would do.
MUSCLEGIRLS

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:44:02 AM

honestly guys - look at it from the dev's perspective. if he plays his cards right, he can make a huge profit from this swing in price. I really doubt he is going AWOL...
kpierce77
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:45:57 AM

So, what would be the purpose of paying miners back if he was a scammer? Just wondering what the strategy would be there. Trying to apply some game theory to this. Lol There are times that you'd intentionally lose in order to advance your position and win in the end. Wondering if someone would lose his own coins to pay miners in order to develop trust with possible investors. You lose in the short term, but win in the end by taking investors money. I hope this isn't the case. If I were a theiving bastard, that's what I would do.

Just to add to this, I think we need to hold til the 27th. If no communication from dev by then, and no anon, then I guess we'll know.

Activity: 75

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:46:05 AM

did we have proof about paying to miners? maybe some delays from pools, not? if we havent proofs - this is just scam-market strategy

S. :SSSS:                     ,i9&&&&&&&&&&2:                                        
                      rG; .iSSSS;                    5&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&,                                       
                     s&&  sSSSSS          .         r&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&9      .,,,.        .            .      
                    s&&X ;iSSSSi    ;siSSSSSSSi;    h&&&&&h:.:5G&&&&&h :2&&&&&&&&&9i  r3&&&&5     ,3&&&&3    
                    &&h:,iSSSSi; :iSSSSSSSSSSSSS:   &&&&&G;    2&&&&&X3&&&&&&&&&&&&&h,h&&&&&9    :h&&&&&2    
                  ,9&9. iSSSSi: SSSSSSir:;iSSSSSr  3&&&&&:   :9&&&&&Gi&GXr;;;2&&&&&&Gr&&&&&&S   .&&&&&&;     
                 ;G&G; .SSSSSr .SSSSS,    ,SSSSS, 5&&&&&&ii53&&&&&&Gr         2&&&&&XS&&&&&&s  ,9&&&&h:      
                2&&&i  sSSSSs  iSSSSr     iSSSSi rG&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&2  :iXh&&&&&&&&&&h:X&&&&&&: ;G&&&&&.       
               S&&&&  ;SSSSS, rSSSSS.    rSSSSSr.h&&&&&&&&&&&&&&h  rh&&&&&&&&&&&&&&i 9&&&&&h.i&&&&&&S        
    &GhXirrsXG&&&&&h ,SSSSSS :SSSSSi    ;iSSSSs,3&&&&&&GGGGh3i,  ,G&&&&&&3X25&&&&&2  9&&&&&X &&&&&G:         
    ;9&&&&&&&&&&&&Gr.iSSSSSr.iSSSSS;    iSSSSi; &&&&&&S          G&&&&&i    S&&&&h   9&&&&&3h&&&&X           
       s&&&&&&&&&&5 rSSSSSi sSSSSSr     SSSSir ;&&&&&3           &&&&&&S..:5&&&&&;   3&&&&&&&&&&G            
         ;XG&&&&&3  SSSSSS, iSSSSs.    rSSSSs..9&&&&G,           &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&    r&&&&&&&&&2             
              ,i3,  iiSii,  SSSSs     .sSSSi  ;h&&&G.            r9G&&&&&&&&GS:      ,2&&&&&&;               
           r9s,                                                      ,,:,           s&&&&&&&i                
           ,&&&&93S                                                              r9&&&&&&&S                  
            &&&&G;                                                               &&&&&&&&                    
            &&&&                                                                 &&&&&X:                     
Koko

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:48:34 AM

did we have proof about paying to miners? maybe some delays from pools, not?

He did pay some of the miners just not all of them. Maybe he ran out of funds, maybe he decided to keep some for himself, who knows.
kpierce77
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:54:46 AM

honestly guys - look at it from the dev's perspective. if he plays his cards right, he can make a huge profit from this swing in price. I really doubt he is going AWOL...

True. At this point he has a massive incentive to keep developing. I guess then I'd be concerned about the price skyrocketing and him dumping his coins down the road once it gets to a certain price. That is if he's a profiteering glutton. "It's a tightrope Spud. A fucking tightrope." - Mark "Rent Boy" Renton
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:55:48 AM

This is not game theory...   this is basic scamming thoery.

IF you are a scammer, what do you want people to do if you are going for the long con?

You tricked them and make them think you are trustworthy and then you go for the big fish.

Was the premined address published and clearly shown that the wallet was cleared?   There was a post earlier saying he still has 82k coins that was moved throughout and possibly dumped.   If that's the case, then that would be the right thing to do is pay some back to the miners and make some good PR, then BAM!   Hooked and sinker.

powersup

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:55:54 AM

Just to add to this, I think we need to hold til the 27th. If no communication from dev by then, and no anon, then I guess we'll know.

Firstly, a number of miners never received coins from the dev.

Secondly, and most alarming is the reduction of total POW blocks, meaning the dev may have had in excess of 10% of total coins, not to mention he increased the POS interest rate to 10%.  Dev could have paid out miners and still retained a huge percentage of coins.

Thirdly, a lot of us caught the dev out at the beginning and he had to try and gain community trust after the fork issues otherwise the coin would not have retained any value on exchanges.  What better way then to give our coins to gain a community trust.

Finally, dev was super active during first week.  All of a sudden dev whet silent when we started demanding a rich list and started pointing to wallets holding a lot of coins.  These wallets have dumped a lot of coins onto what appear to be exchange wallets around the same time dev when quiet.
knightlife999

Activity: 845
Merit: 1000

Whale Watchers and Pinnacle Brilliance founder

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:59:56 AM

I'm holding until the 27th. We'll see what happens. Does anyone know who this Dev is actually? Not the Korecoin "fresh" BTCtalk ID. He must have a real ID on BTCtalk. Does anyone know who he is?

Pinnacle, the only trading application you will ever need: https://pinnacle-brilliance.com/
Know The Future High/Lows Of Any Market: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762278.msg8592180#msg8592180
Best Exchange for trading Forex, Commodities, and Stocks with Bitcoin: https://1broker.com/?r=3299
YoyodyneSystems
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:33:04 AM

The scammers are getting better at their game.

We will all just have to be that much more alert and be careful not to trust pre-mined coins ever
unless there are extraordinary circumstances (like XC).

You can use the pre-mine as a huge red flag.
Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:32:08 AM

He did pay some of the miners just not all of them. Maybe he ran out of funds, maybe he decided to keep some for himself, who knows.

if you follow the devs posts, he clearly states he ran out of pre-mined coins, paying people back.
crypt0xx

Activity: 95

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:35:51 AM

Maybe the dev has had a family crisis or something happened to him medically. I don't understand why everyone automatically assumes something is a scam when the dev won't hold your hand every day.This is what happens when we trade in a market filled with children and men with the maturity of children (basement dwellers).

Yeah, that pretty much describes 80% on here... poor babies
CryptoGretzky

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 03:38:33 AM

if you follow the devs posts, he clearly states he ran out of pre-mined coins, paying people back.

In the crypto world, we have this thing called blockchain, which is a public ledger that can prove that the pre-mined coins was all gone.   Did the dev ever publish the premined address or we have a rich list to look at it ourselves?    

He "stated" that he ran out and we are all just supposed to believe him instead of being skeptical that it was just a long con?

I think people have every rights to be skeptical since literally 75%+ of the new coins lately are scams in some sense, especially now that the dev have gone MIA.

Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 »
  Print  

Jump to: