Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:24:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804604 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GreXX

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 05:18:13 PM

15% to go into your pocket and 10% for development ?   why so greedy ?

And why don't you just invest your BTC at the IPO to get stakes ? (How would we know if you didn't invest another 100BTC and got a final balance of 50% of the total coins? )

I really don't understand why everyone keeps throwing out the word greedy. As an investor, you are being rewarded with stake in the currency at the early stages for your support of future development. But, the current developers are responsible for ALL current development up to this point on their own dime. I think the people who put in the sweat and tears to make this thing a reality deserve some credit here. Without the development team, nothing exists.

Greed on our part isn't the issue here. Asking us to work for months for free with no compensation so that you can profit off of a product we created is greed. I don't think there is any stronger definition of the word. If you think the amount we are holding back for payment is too high, I understand your complaint and disagree.

I'm not trying to be offensive here and I have been very patient, but at this point my answer is simply this; If you disagree with the distribution model, which we have been very open to adjusting and are doing so based on community feedback, then walk. We can't please everyone, we are happy with where we are at, and if 1 or 2 possible investors have to walk for us to launch in the way that we think is equitable, then I guess that is the reality.

We have discussed the distribution ad nauseam in this thread already and explained our reasoning behind the numbers we chose. I also recently posted an update to how we will be scaling the 10% amount based on BTC earned. I think that is as far as we are willing and able to budge on this matter and I think it is a good compromise.

As per your other note, we didn't make it a binding rule that a developer couldn't invest in the launch as far as I know. I wish I had 100 BTC sitting around to invest in anything, lol. I personally have chosen not to invest anything additional because I don't want the coin to end up in the hands of a small number of people and also because I don't have extra holdings right now to put towards the launch. That being said, I can't control anyone else's actions and they will have to speak for themselves.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jcarl987

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:20:12 PM

I won't involved because the the dev team  is too greedy and the unknown escrow with no credit in crypto currency community.

Welcome to my Ignore List!   Grin  

Oh god, please don't tell me you're investing in this coin. Please if you want to ignore someone then just do it, don't spam this thread with announcing it like you do in the Qora thread.

lordhavok

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:22:15 PM

And why don't you just invest your BTC at the IPO to get stakes ? (How would we know if you didn't invest another 100BTC and got a final balance of 50% of the total coins? )

I really don't understand why everyone keeps throwing out the word greedy. As an investor, you are being rewarded with stake in the currency at the early stages for your support of future development. But, the current developers are responsible for ALL current development up to this point on their own dime. I think the people who put in the sweat and tears to make this thing a reality deserve some credit here. Without the development team, nothing exists.

Greed on our part isn't the issue here. Asking us to work for months for free with no compensation so that you can profit off of a product we created is greed. I don't think there is any stronger definition of the word. If you think the amount we are holding back for payment is too high, I understand your complaint and disagree.

I'm not trying to be offensive here and I have been very patient, but at this point my answer is simply this; If you disagree with the distribution model, which we have been very open to adjusting and are doing so based on community feedback, then walk. We can't please everyone, we are happy with where we are at, and if 1 or 2 possible investors have to walk for us to launch in the way that we think is equitable, then I guess that is the reality.

We have discussed the distribution ad nauseam in this thread already and explained our reasoning behind the numbers we chose. I also recently posted an update to how we will be scaling the 10% amount based on BTC earned. I think that is as far as we are willing and able to budge on this matter and I think it is a good compromise.

As per your other note, we didn't make it a binding rule that a developer couldn't invest in the launch as far as I know. I wish I had 100 BTC sitting around to invest in anything, lol. I personally have chosen not to invest anything additional because I don't want the coin to end up in the hands of a small number of people and also because I don't have extra holdings right now to put towards the launch. That being said, I can't control anyone else's actions and they will have to speak for themselves.

I totally agree with greXX, get involved or not, it totally up to you.  nobody but yourself should responsable for your investment.
And, somebody here should pay for your tuition on your investment.
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:27:53 PM

NXT was lightning in a bottle and it's value went up 46x the IPO price almost immediately after launch. Because each of the 21 investors maintained SO much of the currency at launch, their personal wealth at that point skyrocketed. Millionaires were supposedly made in the NXT launch so I don't think they can be used as an example for any other launch. Something like that is very unlikely to happen again.

There were actually 73 as far as I remember, that said a core group out of these IPO investors has left their day jobs and focused on making NXT one of the leading crypto's as it is now.

We do not expect our pre-sale participants to do the same, hence the raised funds need to suffice for a full-time team dedicated to this cause.

Sure. But the point is: NXT dev couldn´t know about the succeed of the coin. So you can´t compare before and after launch.

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
GreXX

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 05:28:56 PM

Don't invest if you think its not fair. its free market. you should take care of your own money.  

You can't control developers.They set the rules, some of them are greedy . If you want give money to them, thats totally up to you. don't blame dev team.
 Nobody would guarantee investor's profit,think with your own brain before move.    BTW , I can smell your honey.
I won't involved because the the dev team  is too greedy and the unknown escrow with no credit in crypto currency community.

Based on the font size and color of this post, I feel as though this is a little bit immature in nature, but as is my policy, I will still try to respond in the event that you might be serious.

For starters, you make a point that I think is relevant, everyone is responsible for their own money and it is their internal decision how they choose to invest it. This goes back to one of my recent posts. As you said, we cannot guarantee investor profits and there is no feasible way anyone could do that.

As per the second part of your statement where you went off a cliff;

The honey comment is an entertaining one and I laughed a little bit so I appreciate that. If you believe we are greedy that is OK. Thank you for having an opinion on the matter but next time, please don't voice it so boisterously on our thread. 20 font in red is a little bit overboard don't you think?

As per the unknown escrow part, are you sure you want to say that? Maxmint is a very well respected and well known escrow on these boards and has done quite a few high profile launches. Your ill-informed comment here makes your entire post much less reputable and much more trolly in nature.

Again, please continue to post your thoughts and ideas here, but please do not do it in Red, 20 font or we will have problems. Thanks!

GreXX

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

NXT was lightning in a bottle and it's value went up 46x the IPO price almost immediately after launch. Because each of the 21 investors maintained SO much of the currency at launch, their personal wealth at that point skyrocketed. Millionaires were supposedly made in the NXT launch so I don't think they can be used as an example for any other launch. Something like that is very unlikely to happen again.

There were actually 73 as far as I remember, that said a core group out of these IPO investors has left their day jobs and focused on making NXT one of the leading crypto's as it is now.

We do not expect our pre-sale participants to do the same, hence the raised funds need to suffice for a full-time team dedicated to this cause.

Sure. But the point is: NXT dev couldn´t know about the succeed of the coin. So you can´t compare before and after launch.

What were the parameters of the NXT launch? Was there a BTC limit on the launch? Was there a per investor limit on the launch? Or was it open ended?

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:33:57 PM

It seems strange to me how people feel they will lose money based on how the IPO works.

Look at it this way, your money is gone.

However, the IPO will set a base floor price for the coin. Since the initial investors paid that price it is very reasonable to expect that they will not sell the coin BELOW that price.

The big question is, will anyone buy the coin for that price. The value of something is only what someone will pay for it.

So remember, 100% of any crypto coin you buy is at RISK. Plan to lose it all. If you can't afford to loose it all, don't "invest".

Easy peasy.
lordhavok

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:41:21 PM

Don't invest if you think its not fair. its free market. you should take care of your own money.  

You can't control developers.They set the rules, some of them are greedy . If you want give money to them, thats totally up to you. don't blame dev team.
 Nobody would guarantee investor's profit,think with your own brain before move.    BTW , I can smell your honey.

Based on the font size and color of this post, I feel as though this is a little bit immature in nature, but as is my policy, I will still try to respond in the event that you might be serious.

For starters, you make a point that I think is relevant, everyone is responsible for their own money and it is their internal decision how they choose to invest it. This goes back to one of my recent posts. As you said, we cannot guarantee investor profits and there is no feasible way anyone could do that.

The honey comment is an entertaining one and I laughed a little bit so I appreciate that. If you believe we are greedy that is OK. Thank you for having an opinion on the matter but next time, please don't voice it so boisterously on our thread. 20 font in red is a little bit overboard don't you think?

As per the unknown escrow part, are you sure you want to say that? Maxmint is a very well respected and well known escrow on these boards and has done quite a few high profile launches. Your ill-informed comment here makes your entire post much less reputable and much more trolly in nature.

Again, please continue to post your thoughts and ideas here, but please do not do it in Red, 20 font or we will have problems. Thanks!

Fine , due to your upset, i take your advise and won't use bold front.  
but, why you so upset?  Interesting!

and you are trying to threaten me,how mature you are! and it makes your entire post much less reputable and looks like a scamer

td services

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

black swan hunter

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 05:42:41 PM

I totally agree with greXX, get involved or not, it totally up to you.  nobody but yourself should responsable for your investment.
And, somebody here should pay for your tuition on your investment.

The term 'greed' is typically used as a tool for emotional manipulation, used by one person or group to control another. It is devoid of informational content in that there is no objective definition of what is 'greedy'. How much of an expected return on investment constitutes greed? 1%, 5%, 10%, 100%, 1000% or more? At what point does it become greed? At what percent reserve of shares for developers does it become greed? .1%, 1%, 5%, 10%, 20%, or 50%? I would be interested in seeing a consensus agreement on where we draw the line, so we can have an objective definition of 'greed'. As far as I'm concerned, if you can't put a number on it and objectively define something, then it doesn't exist - it is just non-scientific, emotional, irrational psychobabble.
crypti (OP)

Activity: 511

Boris, Crypti Lead Developer, Lisk Advisor

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 05:51:35 PM

OP post updated. IPO time added.
We are working, wait for wallet, we will post it soon.
lordhavok

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:00:58 PM

Based on my understanding, if you collect under 100btc in IPO. investor will receive  (10%+9%)X0.75=14.25% of total coins.  You dev team will receive  85.75% of total coin plus 100 btc.  

Before you get more upset, explain this to us.

and one more thing make your project looks bad. If you have a goal of 500 btc, That's  a lot of money and investor can't trust you because you may do unethical things to reach the goal (such as invest to yourself).  

PS:
Getting upset and threaten people, Good marketing!!!

GreXX

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 06:02:33 PM

Fine , due to your upset, i take your advise and won't use bold front.  
but, why you so upset?  Interesting!

and you are trying to threaten me,how mature you are! and it makes your entire post much less reputable and looks like a scamer

Ok, I will give you another chance to be a reasonable and constructive poster here and I will respond to your comments.

I am upset because everyone here has been having a respectful adult conversation with some great ideas that are pushing Crypti forward. Your post came blaring in with ridiculous giant red font for no apparent reason other than you strive for attention. That is not what this thread is about and I refuse to have it deteriorate. We have been having really constructive and great conversations here and I don't want anything to ruin that.

As per my "threat". It wasn't an unreasonable threat, the reality is, if you had continued trying to hijack the thread with giant red font we would have had to moderate it exactly for the reasons I mentioned above. You can think that makes me immature but I think it makes me a good manager of this community. Either way, I appreciate you switching to something more reasonable.

If you have additional comments that are constructive and provide ideas to fix the problems you mention, I am all for it and would love to hear your thoughts. As long as they stay in a reasonable font.  Cheesy

handsomemember

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:06:52 PM

Expect very much, I want to join
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:07:23 PM

Based on my understanding, if you collect under 100btc in IPO. investor will receive  (10%+9%)X0.75=14.25% of total coins.  You dev team will receive  85.75% of total coin plus 100 btc.  

and one more thing make your project looks bad. If you have a goal of 500 btc, That's  a lot of money and investor can't trust you because you may do unethical things to reach the goal (such as invest to yourself).  

PS:

Maybe you should go re-read the details before you post... Pre-sale will distribute, at a minimum, 75% of the coins to investors. If 100 btc is invested, then only 15 + 8% will go to the dev team- meaning 77% goes to the investors...
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:08:43 PM

PS:

As per 500BTC, again it's not the final goal and we will be happy with any combination below it.

Finally, as per GreXX post the only "threat" that he meant (if it can be called that) that we will be forced to moderate the thread, if a hard to read font will be used. I don't really see him being "upset" anywhere, and it actually was first introduced by your post...
GreXX

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 06:12:28 PM

PS:

Unfortunately, I need to respond to this post in the off chance someone new comes along, reads your math, and thinks it is in any way remotely accurate, which it so obviously isn't.

I don't even know how to argue with your calculations as I have no idea where you managed to pull those numbers from. Nowhere on this thread does it even remotely indicate that under any circumstances would investors receive any less than 75% of the genesis block. That is set in stone. For reference for anyone else reading this, were we to raise 100 BTC in the pre-sale funding, we would lower the developer fund of 10% of genesis to 8% of genesis, therein putting 2% more into the investor pot. So investors would now receive 77% of the genesis block and the developers would receive 8% for future development along with the 100 BTC.

That is the math as we have laid it out within this thread.

As per your comment about investing ourselves to reach the 500 BTC goal, what point would that serve? I don't even see where we would benefit from that, the investors would benefit from that. If we reach the 500 BTC goal, 0% of the genesis block would go to the development team, and 85% would go to investors. There is no major benefit for the development team for reaching the 500 BTC mark other than the fact that we earn more funding for future development from the additional BTC earned, which really benefits the entire community.

SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:13:24 PM

I'd like to encourage everyone to see the updated OP:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463.msg7344569#msg7344569

It includes both final pre-sale time start, and the changes to distribution and fee structure.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:27:26 PM

As per your comment about investing ourselves to reach the 500 BTC goal, what point would that serve? I don't even see where we would benefit from that, the investors would benefit from that. If we reach the 500 BTC goal, 0% of the genesis block would go to the development team, and 85% would go to investors. There is no major benefit for the development team for reaching the 500 BTC mark other than the fact that we earn more funding for future development from the additional BTC earned, which really benefits the entire community.

1. Get 100 BTC and distribute 75% of Crypti, an unknown and possibly never-to-achieve-anything cryptocoin.
2. Get 500 BTC and distribute 85% of Crypti, an unknown and possibly never-to-achieve-anything cryptocoin.

Any sane person would chose 2.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
lordhavok

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:28:22 PM

PS:

As per 500BTC, again it's not the final goal and we will be happy with any combination below it.

Finally, as per GreXX post the only "threat" that he meant (if it can be called that) that we will be forced to moderate the thread, if a hard to read font will be used. I don't really see him being "upset" anywhere, and it actually was first introduced by your post...

I didn't read the announcement till now.  I argue with GreXX only because some other people called him greedy, and he picked up on me.

and i never called him greedy directly.

He got upset  and pick up on me and pissed me off. that all what happened!!!

I am not even interested in this project(unsure how the name spelling), just no idea how be involved in all of this drama.

Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:38:13 PM

What were the parameters of the NXT launch? Was there a BTC limit on the launch? Was there a per investor limit on the launch? Or was it open ended?

One parameter I know that BCNext set for Nxt IPO was that the upper limit for each investor was 1 BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: