Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:25:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 610 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XCR] Crypti | Dapps | Sidechains | Dapp Store | OPEN SOURCE | 100% own code | DPoS  (Read 804605 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
lordhavok

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 06:41:48 PM

What were the parameters of the NXT launch? Was there a BTC limit on the launch? Was there a per investor limit on the launch? Or was it open ended?

One parameter I know that BCNext set for Nxt IPO was that the upper limit for each investor was 1 BTC.

BTC limit is the difference between NEM and Qora.     

NEM went to the moon. And Qora still don't have much trading volume.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:00:35 PM

I would like to know something:

AFTER the IPO is completed, and the coin launches, will there be any additional income for the devs? 

If little or no additional income is forthcoming for the devs, what is to stop them from taking their 100-500 BTC and proceeding to the next coin launch? 

winterzauber

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:05:32 PM

this is good coin and i buy a stake here tommorow

NXT-BXK9-6SJ2-ET7T-D9R9P
GreXX

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

I would like to know something:

AFTER the IPO is completed, and the coin launches, will there be any additional income for the devs? 

If little or no additional income is forthcoming for the devs, what is to stop them from taking their 100-500 BTC and proceeding to the next coin launch? 

This is a fair concern and has been brought up previously. Right now there is no vesting in place for the 15% developer payment. This is payment for services rendered and complete and technically if they want to walk I don't think anyone could stop them. They deserve to be paid for work already accomplished.

As per the developer fund (the BTC + scaling 10%) that will be maintained in the public wallets, it will be community driven and released to pay for specific bounties and goals. This will be openly managed and the Foundation will work in a way that all items can be brought by the community and voted on for development purposes. We talked about creating a vesting schedule and approaching an escrow about linking developer funds release based on milestones or even coding it into the block chain (for the 10%) to release at certain intervals but no decision has been set in stone. I don't know if anything like this has been done previously but we did discuss it at one point.

If this is something that would help ease a lot of minds in regards to investing we can re-open it for discussion. The only issue would be if there is a service that requires a handsome fee, we would need to make sure developer funds were not locked up somewhere that would cause development to halt. Some services cost a lot more than people often realize. A code audit for instance can cost anywhere from 10-20 BTC.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 07:21:12 PM

What were the parameters of the NXT launch? Was there a BTC limit on the launch? Was there a per investor limit on the launch? Or was it open ended?

One parameter I know that BCNext set for Nxt IPO was that the upper limit for each investor was 1 BTC.

Which went which route?

For me, limiting the amount of BTC per investor simply encourages gaming the system. Those who obey the rules are penalized by the 1 BTC cap, but those who choose otherwise will simply open up multiple wallets and send funds from several accounts to increase their stake. As I mentioned before, the only way to stop this practice is real world identity validation but I doubt most people on here want to send us drivers license or social security numbers!  Wink

We had quite a few discussions as I previously mentioned about how best to do this and we decided on leaving it open ended. That is something we voted on, came to a decision, and feel comfortable with.

lordhavok

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:28:16 PM

Which went which route?

For me, limiting the amount of BTC per investor simply encourages gaming the system. Those who obey the rules are penalized by the 1 BTC cap, but those who choose otherwise will simply open up multiple wallets and send funds from several accounts to increase their stake. As I mentioned before, the only way to stop this practice is real world identity validation but I doubt most people on here want to send us drivers license or social security numbers!  Wink

We had quite a few discussions as I previously mentioned about how best to do this and we decided on leaving it open ended. That is something we voted on, came to a decision, and feel comfortable with.

I am not trying to fix anything, since i doubt you will listen voice from us.

PLZ remember : Do not fail to do good even if it's small; do not engage in evil even if it's small.
Your logic is like, since i can't be a perfect person, why should i bother to be a good person.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 07:38:22 PM

Which went which route?

For me, limiting the amount of BTC per investor simply encourages gaming the system. Those who obey the rules are penalized by the 1 BTC cap, but those who choose otherwise will simply open up multiple wallets and send funds from several accounts to increase their stake. As I mentioned before, the only way to stop this practice is real world identity validation but I doubt most people on here want to send us drivers license or social security numbers!  Wink

PLZ remember : Do not fail to do good even if it's small; do not engage in evil even if it's small.
Your logic is like, since i can't be a perfect person, why should i bother to be a good person.

I think we are showing by our actions that we do listen and we want ideas and opinions from the community. It is of utmost importance to us.

If anyone has any ideas, please, bring them forward.

As per your quote at the bottom, i'm not sure I understand what you are referring to or how to respond to that.

lordhavok

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:48:25 PM

Which went which route?

I think we are showing by our actions that we do listen and we want ideas and opinions from the community. It is of utmost importance to us.

As per your quote at the bottom, i'm not sure I understand what you are referring to or how to respond to that.

U never heard of NEM and Qora?

NEM and qora both are 2nd generation coin with own renovation, the difference is that  NEM have fair distribution but Qora doesn't.  

NEM has 4000 users each own one share. There is still some sock puppets accounts,but it is in reasonable level.
Qora has no BTC limit at all. Several investor each of them own more than 3% of total coins.

Result is
NEM already reach 10000 btc cap level even before official launch. ( sell token on AE, Each token worth 2.5 btc)
Qora has only 4000 btc cap, and has much less buy order support.

If CRypti is a long term project, you should consider distribution structure before too late.

There is noway to do a pure perfect distribution. what we can do is to make it fair at a reasonable level.

Do not fail to do good even if it's small; do not engage in evil even if it's small.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:51:20 PM

What is average performance with node.js when it comes to transaction volume? How many transactions per second can average Crypti node (average mobile phone?) can
handle without running into major system performance problems?

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:54:17 PM

I want to know what name CRYPTI was using in this blog previously.  The handle "CRYPTI" is a newby handle, obviously created to match the coin name.  

SO, before any of us pays our money, a little more investigation into the devs is required.

SO>>>>>>>> Crypti......... what other handles have you been using here???

Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:04:08 PM

I am a little bit worried because there is no cap on invested money.

I am pretty happy to invest 1 BTC if the cap would be 100 BTC.
But without a cap and figures thrown around like 500 BTC, the situation looks different.

So I didn´t come to a final decision.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 08:14:56 PM

But without a cap and figures thrown around like 500 BTC, the situation looks different.

As I mentioned before, the cap is irrelevant for the most part. Yes, you will get a smaller amount strictly speaking in numbers terms, but the valuation of each coin will be higher due to the larger amount raised in the initial distribution which typically sets initial valuation.

GreXX

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 08:17:47 PM

Which went which route?

U never heard of NEM and Qora?

NEM and qora both are 2nd generation coin with own renovation, the difference is that  NEM have fair distribution but Qora doesn't.  

NEM has 4000 users each own one share. There is still some sock puppets accounts,but it is in reasonable level.
Qora has no BTC limit at all. Several investor each of them own more than 3% of total coins.

Result is
NEM already reach 10000 btc cap level even before official launch. ( sell token on AE, Each token worth 2.5 btc)

If CRypti is a long term project, you should consider distribution structure before too late.

There is noway to do a pure perfect distribution. what we can do is to make it fair at a reasonable level.

Do not fail to do good even if it's small; do not engage in evil even if it's small.

You can't claim initial distribution as the sole cause or even gauge it's impact on these valuations or levels of volume based on the number of possible factors that have to be taken into consideration. The two coins are not identical in purpose, features, distribution model, how the IPO was conducted, who provided escrow, or countless other ways. To isolate one particular difference and attribute 100% of the different in volume to that specific event isn't sound. Many factors would have to be considered and analyzed. It could come down to aesthetics of the launch materials, whether or not they took funds in NXT, etc.

loveyouforever

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:19:57 PM

How to use Escrow, is there any detail now?
Tobo

Activity: 763

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:38:39 PM

I don't think NEM's high market cap has much to do with its distribution. It has much more to do with its being started from Nxt community and its asset issued on Nxt AE. Nxt community is the place you can find 1) the most 2 gen crypto fans and 2) lots of money available for investment for 2 gen.

There is no a better place to promote a 2 gen crypto than Nxt community and AE. NEM was benefited by being started from and promoted in the Nxt community and AE.
open82buy

Activity: 695

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:41:40 PM

Now where is the escrow address?
kashish948
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:42:57 PM

not worth 500 btc! not even 10 btc actually!
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 08:56:13 PM

As I mentioned before, the cap is irrelevant for the most part. Yes, you will get a smaller amount strictly speaking in numbers terms, but the valuation of each coin will be higher due to the larger amount raised in the initial distribution which typically sets initial valuation.

That can´t be right.
In a couple of months nobody cares about how much was raised. Then only technology, community and adoption counts.
But it will be a big difference if I own 1% or 0.2%. That´s simple 5 times more.

But that´s not the whole point. I don´t like it to not know how much percent I will get. So it´s investing in the dark.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:18:47 PM

That can´t be right.
In a couple of months nobody cares about how much was raised. Then only technology, community and adoption counts.
But it will be a big difference if I own 1% or 0.2%. That´s simple 5 times more.

But that´s not the whole point. I don´t like it to not know how much percent I will get. So it´s investing in the dark.

As said earlier, there will be a public ledger explorer, allowing everyone to see the estimation of how many Crypti they will receive.
GreXX

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2014, 09:52:26 PM

That can´t be right.

Well with any commodity, having more, at any given value point will be worth more at that point. You are 100% correct there. However, initial valuation does matter for long term growth and determining what tier of coin you get lumped in with. If we raise 10 BTC and the coin hits the exchanges at 0.0000001BTC, then despite it's merits it will still be considered a dud useless coin no matter what any of us do. A strong initial valuation and funding round shows others that there is strong interest, that the coin isn't going away anytime soon, and encourages them to get in post-launch.

Irrespective of any of that, the only way to guarantee a % to an investor would be to limit the number of people allowed to invest in Crypti and set limits on investment amounts. We investigated this route and internally discussed several methods in which we would give X Crypti for Y investment up to 250 BTC. That is something we decided we did not support. If we set a 1 BTC limit per person and a 250 BTC cap with a ratio of X Crypti to Y BTC, there are a finite amount of spaces in the pre-sale launch to get in on the ground floor of Crypti. We want as many people as desire to do so to be able to be a part of this launch. We decided it would be best to let the market dictate how the pre-sale would unfold.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 610 »
  Print  

Jump to: