Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:25:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DataTank Mining: 1.2MW 3M Novec Immersion Cooled 2PH Mining Container  (Read 44267 times)
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:11:10 AM

So DTM basically raised enough money during direct investment to cover for at least 5 whole shipping containers.

Do I understand this correctly?

Will capacity be available for sale once the management interface is online?
-yes, management interface will be available around time of deployment

Will those units then be built to order or are you producing more than originally sold?

Will the smallest unit of investment then be ~ 1/400th of a tank? (As I understand around 400 blades will fit into one tank)

I really hope that small investors will get the opportunity to buy capacity, as originally promoted by DTM.

This is obviously a long-term effort by DTM, and I hope the production goes well and we will see some finished units soon.

I for one was really hoping to get the chance of investing into this, lets hope capacity will be for sale in 3-6 months.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
horcoff

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:13:44 AM

DataTank, antirack

Were You able to overclock sp10 and ae200 in Your fluid more than them with air cooling?

@yoyoo
tinyfox266

Activity: 67

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:19:52 AM

Is there anyone willing to collect the small investments to buy one tank capacity from DTM?
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:07:31 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2014, 11:38:06 AM by NotLambchop

@tinyfox266:  Sure.  Send me your money.

@havelock:  Second thoughts? EDIT: Lol, gone Cheesy

@horcoff:  A bit, but not as much as with Ed Trcie's Liquid Nitrogen Overclocking Undecided

@everyone else:  In keeping with the submersion cooling theme,

ty
tinyfox266

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:36:48 PM

How can i make sure that the money is used to buy the capacities of DTM? And how to declare the ownership of the capacities bought?

Thanks! 
Collider

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:05:40 PM

How can i make sure that the money is used to buy the capacities of DTM? And how to declare the ownership of the capacities bought?

Thanks! 
He isn´t serious. He is trying to prove some point aka "this is a bad investment...blablabla...."
tinyfox266

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:12:51 PM

Thanks! 
He isn´t serious. He is trying to prove some point aka "this is a bad investment...blablabla...."

@,@
NotLambchop

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:24:02 PM

@tinyfox266:  I'm super serious.  Send me your money, will explain later.

@Collider: Y U B hatin'?
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:34:09 PM

So there is no chance now for small investors to get in on this?

On the contrary. Small investors can get in once the control panel is online and the first systems are being deployed.

In other words: the larger investors are paying for the small investors to get in with less risk.

It will take a while, but the wait will be shorter = more predictable investment. Everything else still applies.

Patience is all that is required. In the meantime you can watch it happen without the need to risk your Bitcoins on it.

This literally developed during the past few hours, so this is also very new to me.

Also with less reward...
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:43:20 PM

On the contrary. Small investors can get in once the control panel is online and the first systems are being deployed.

In other words: the larger investors are paying for the small investors to get in with less risk.

It will take a while, but the wait will be shorter = more predictable investment. Everything else still applies.

Patience is all that is required. In the meantime you can watch it happen without the need to risk your Bitcoins on it.

This literally developed during the past few hours, so this is also very new to me.

Also with less reward...

That's what I was thinking.   Let the big boys play......you guys sit on the bench.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
tinyfox266

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:44:51 PM

@tinyfox266:  I'm super serious.  Send me your money, will explain later.

@Collider: Y U B hatin'?

it seems that you don't bullish on this business
NotLambchop

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:03:41 PM

^The failure is essential to my pass through.  If the business didn't "fail," I'd have to return your money + profit.  As it stands now, I can just...

...and no hard feelings Smiley
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:07:04 PM

I can't seem to find the price for 1 unit (or 10k for that matter).

Is that only available privately or are the costs known?
Collider

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 05:04:30 PM

I can't seem to find the price for 1 unit (or 10k for that matter).

Is that only available privately or are the costs known?
The costs are estimated in the prospectus, basically 0.01kW is *7$ for capacity only, and around 2.5*that for capacity plus miners.

1 tank aka the minimum amount for direct investment (~100kW) is therefore ~$70k for capacity alone.

BTW, why is one tank billed as being 100kW according to the statement
a minimum purchase of 10,000 units (1 tank)

It should really be at least ~200kW per tank....
DataTankMining (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:55:43 PM

1 tank aka the minimum amount for direct investment (~100kW) is therefore ~$70k for capacity alone.
why is one tank billed as being 100kW according to the statement
a minimum purchase of 10,000 units (1 tank)
It should really be at least ~200kW per tank....

10,000 units are 100kW. Has been corrected in the update.

antirack

Activity: 489

Immersionist

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:25:01 PM

Also with less reward...

That's what I was thinking.   Let the big boys play......you guys sit on the bench.

These thoughts are incorrect, as this phase is not producing income for anyone and you are not missing out.

1. There is no reward in this phase as no mining will happen. Current investors are considering this long-term, with the patience to accept this fact.

2. Investments in units are in DTMB only, no DTMA units have been sold/accepted and DTMA won't exist in the originally proposed form (please see update and wait for new prospectus).

3. After initial mining systems/containers are built, the production pipeline is established and multiple systems can be produced weekly (site will be made ready too).

4. During the run-up of initial deployment, hardware (in form of a replacement for DTMA) will be made available, to existing and new investors, including as small as 1 single unit.

This truly makes it more predictable for current and new investors in the future: When DTM scales up, more hardware will be ready, first systems/containers are either produced our en-route, first US site will be ready, our HK location will have hot tanks (vs. prototypes) available for tech demonstration, and so on.

We've had some inquiries by groups for direct investment into tanks, I'll check in the next few days if they are still looking for more members to join in or if they changed their mind.
SamboNZ

Activity: 1064
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 02:36:42 AM

Could I please get some clarification on what all this means for small buyers in terms or price / capacity?  ie; how much will a single DTMA unit now cost, what hashing capacity will it represent, and what will the OpEx costs be?

Another question is; what will we be 'buying'?  Will this be a purchase of mining gear, rental, shares representing earning capacity?  What kind of resale/onsale options will there be?

Also, I realise that this is very early days, and you may not be able to give me an answer at this point, but do you have any ideas on a ballpark timeframe for units to be ready for sale?  I assume it will now be quicker than the originally estimated 3-6 months?

Thanks.
SamboNZ

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:18:18 AM

Any chance of getting a reply to my question from someone officially representing DataTank Mining?
DataTankMining (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 11:21:45 AM

Could I please get some clarification on what all this means for small buyers in terms or price / capacity?  ie; how much will a single DTMA unit now cost, what hashing capacity will it represent, and what will the OpEx costs be?

Another question is; what will we be 'buying'?  Will this be a purchase of mining gear, rental, shares representing earning capacity?  What kind of resale/onsale options will there be?

Also, I realise that this is very early days, and you may not be able to give me an answer at this point, but do you have any ideas on a ballpark timeframe for units to be ready for sale?  I assume it will now be quicker than the originally estimated 3-6 months?

Thanks.

Apologies for the delayed reply.

While you can still take a look at the example DTMA Revenue Forecast and Profit Model on page 15 out of our Data Tank Mining Ops Prospectus for unit costs, hashing capacity and OpEx as general reference, we are currently only accepting investments of at least 10,000 units of DTMB or more. We have mentioned earlier that it would be better for unit buyers if we don't raise any money for mining hardware under DTMA units yet.

There will be another funding round later, specifically only for the mining hardware at the then best available efficiency and price, instead of committing to hardware now already and letting it lose on value with every difficulty increase and upcoming new hardware releases competing on price with older hardware. This would then essentially be like a DTMA unit if added on top of the DTMB.

Page 9 of our prospectus lines out what you are going to purchase. It is essentially purchasing capacity, which can be traded later as well:
http://www.datatank-mining.com/files/DataTank_Mining_Ops_Prospectus.pdf

If you are interested, then please use the contact information on our prospectus on page 16 for direct purchase of 10,000 untis of DTMB or more.
SamboNZ

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:50:46 PM

Thanks for the reply.  So the pricing per GHS in the prospectus is still valid?  I guess it depends on the exact pricing of the mining gear at the time of purchase tho?

Also, given the recent fully funded first stage, do you have any updated estimates as to when DTMA units will go on sale?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: