Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:32:21 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHC] ShinyCoin █First ever RAMHOG algo Pow/Pos █NO ASIC/GPU | Whitepaper  (Read 58385 times)
primer-
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:54:43 PM

How many satoshis will you accept?

1 nakamoto for 10,000 shinys, just for you taijiga

I was joking about selling of course, only a fool would sell 10,000 shinys for 1 BTC. This thread needs some drama...

Grin  Really wanna buy some cheap Shiny.

Just mine and introduce drama from time to time to lower the difficulty.  Grin
TaijiBagua

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:21:29 PM

How many satoshis will you accept?

1 nakamoto for 10,000 shinys, just for you taijiga

I was joking about selling of course, only a fool would sell 10,000 shinys for 1 BTC. This thread needs some drama...

Grin  Really wanna buy some cheap Shiny.

Just mine and introduce drama from time to time to lower the difficulty.  Grin

you know what? it's too hard to mine shiny..
TaijiBagua

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:18:36 PM

For a moment I thought you gave up. Grin

I hope primer gave up shiny. That indicates it's easy to mine shiny for me.
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 09:49:27 PM

Dev not releasing fixes and updates on purpose ? He has got the most hash power at the pool :
http://106.3.225.46/worker/SRKTcvDg4yTsguFkv91dDtzRmGpp7RSAqb

I guess he wants more shiny before shitty wallet ram requirements are fixed...
balthazr

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:52:48 AM

hahaha fucking bartard dev  Grin Grin Grin Grin
balthazr

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:27:39 AM

hahaha you're right, EVERYONE, attention please!!!

ALL miners, please stop minining ASAP, to allow diff drop off and Dev can get 1.000.000 SHC, so he can release the RAM issue fix.
Show some respect to Dev lol
Grin
sunnyprince (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

Shinycoin developer

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:38:56 AM

Dev not releasing fixes and updates on purpose ? He has got the most hash power at the pool :
http://106.3.225.46/worker/SRKTcvDg4yTsguFkv91dDtzRmGpp7RSAqb

I guess he wants more shiny before shitty wallet ram requirements are fixed...

I make a coin, I have a small stake of the coins after spending quite a bit on miners, and the accusation is that on purpose I'm not working on issues with the wallet and further development?  Why on earth would I want to make people not interested in the coin I developed?  Primer I hope you improve your infantile behavior which inlcudes your idiotic posts as well as your other gimmicks to block other people's mining as you likely own a fortune, likely multiples of my stake in Shiny and your bs is not helping anything, particularly for people's interest in the coin.  Its quite clear youre technically sophistocated..

Do you offer your help for anything on the coin? (no)
Do you try to block others from mining, including the pool? (no)
Do you waste your time with idiotic posts, which include saying you're done with the coin good luck with the dev many times? (yes)
I don't even understand what your interest in the coin is if you think I'm incompetent or otherwise manipulating things in my favor.  I seriously hope you change your act and can somehow contribute to the postive.

truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 03:49:50 AM

calm down, man!

@sunnyprice: i think overall i agress with 7000years and other that you need a clear plan on promote this coin asap. No need to get exchange at this time, but priority:
- Domain/web page/twiter/re-design op page...
- Organize the team if possible to have strong back support for coin to grow. Fund may be from donation, we' willing to put some donation for Dev team.

Those parts make the coin,

Bleeckerpub

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:45:19 AM

How about everyone on this thread yell at primer to cheer sunny up.
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:52:17 AM

How about everyone on this thread yell at primer to cheer sunny up.
I sent 5 SHC to cheer him up Smiley
truckythin

Activity: 781
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:56:02 AM

if everything stand up, 1000 SHC from my, stand up is as my last post.
kalisto

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:01:59 AM

Everybody looses interest in a coin when primer is involved. Just look at slimcoin for example, as soon as he opens his mouth people start dumping.

The problem with him is that he thinks his few ec2 instances are l33t but he forgets there are enough people here who have (free) University servers to maintain (like me) or are involved with folding projects (friends). Anyway he discourages the dev to keep developing and others simply loose interest because of him and will keep dumping the coin.
primer-
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 01:45:54 PM

Everybody looses interest in a coin when primer is involved. Just look at slimcoin for example, as soon as he opens his mouth people start dumping.

The problem with him is that he thinks his few ec2 instances are l33t but he forgets there are enough people here who have (free) University servers to maintain (like me) or are involved with folding projects (friends). Anyway he discourages the dev to keep developing and others simply loose interest because of him and will keep dumping the coin.

Idiot.
Bleeckerpub

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:13:24 PM

Oh primer devalues coins and annoys their devs for a living.  Not surprised.
utrecht

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 05:27:47 PM

Oh primer devalues coins and annoys their devs for a living.  Not surprised.

Remember primer says 1 BTC is far too cheap for 10k shiny, so at least he believes in the coin.
sunnyprince (OP)

Shinycoin developer

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:53:10 PM

I'm in the final stages of testing the wallet RAM fix.  It will be a non-forking change, but I encourage everybody to update their nodes as soon as possible.  The github will be updated in a few hours.

The solution I found is to assign a hash-signing private key.  The node who owns this key verifies that the ramhog hash for a particular block is accurate, and then signs it.  Any node that trusts that key uses the signed hash instead of computing it itself.  All nodes propagate these signed hashes so that they are easily accessible.  The result will be that anybody can run a wallet without needing to run the ramhog algorithm.  This will also make sync times near-instant.  For the security of the network, I suggest that those who have the RAM not use the signed hashes, or perhaps only use them to sync and then let their wallet verify all the hashes itself. 

I will also hard-coded the genesis block info and the seed nodes in the OP and set the default to not run any ramhogthreads, so the average user can just download and run the binary without needing a special computer.  These nodes still fully validate all transactions as usual.  The only difference is they don't compute the proof-of-work hash themselves.

Laxori666, instacash, could you please recompile the Windows and Mac wallets once the source is posted?
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 07:48:01 PM

I'm in the final stages of testing the wallet RAM fix.  It will be a non-forking change, but I encourage everybody to update their nodes as soon as possible.  The github will be updated in a few hours.

The solution I found is to assign a hash-signing private key.  The node who owns this key verifies that the ramhog hash for a particular block is accurate, and then signs it.  Any node that trusts that key uses the signed hash instead of computing it itself.  All nodes propagate these signed hashes so that they are easily accessible.  The result will be that anybody can run a wallet without needing to run the ramhog algorithm.  This will also make sync times near-instant.  For the security of the network, I suggest that those who have the RAM not use the signed hashes, or perhaps only use them to sync and then let their wallet verify all the hashes itself. 

I will also hard-coded the genesis block info and the seed nodes in the OP and set the default to not run any ramhogthreads, so the average user can just download and run the binary without needing a special computer.  These nodes still fully validate all transactions as usual.  The only difference is they don't compute the proof-of-work hash themselves.

Laxori666, instacash, could you please recompile the Windows and Mac wallets once the source is posted?

Awesome work. So only if ramhogthreads=0, it will use the signed hashes?

sunnyprince (OP)

Shinycoin developer

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:04:17 PM

Awesome work. So only if ramhogthreads=0, it will use the signed hashes?
That's how I had it initially.  However, if I do that then syncing will still be slow for someone who is checking.  I am leaning towards having the default be true.  Then a miner has two choices after adding "-gen=1": either add "-ramhogthreads=n" or add both "-ramhogthreads=n" and "-usesignedhashes=0".  The former, they will sync quickly and mine, the latter, they will sync slowly and mine.  Or they can leave it on for the initial sync, then change the setting again.  A miner will have to be comfortable with changing config files anway.  Any thoughts?
laxori666

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:13:33 PM

The result will be that anybody can run a wallet without needing to run the ramhog algorithm.  This will also make sync times near-instant. [...] These nodes still fully validate all transactions as usual.  The only difference is they don't compute the proof-of-work hash themselves.
Nice! This should really help increase adoption of the coin. I will be around, I should be able to get the windows wallet up quickly enough after you update the code.

Gib ShinyCoins: STGsZtHw4DRUby8aYCKjiGReFt3JU94YnT
sunnyprince (OP)

Shinycoin developer

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:07:50 PM

Ok, I just updated the github code.  I will be spending some time transitioning my nodes to make sure they signing node isn't overloaded, as it has a few thousand blocks to catch up with.  Feel free to update your nodes in the meantime, and when the signing node is ready it will spread the signed hashes throughout the network.  Then anybody should be able to run a wallet with minimal RAM requirements.  Let me know if there are any bugs or issues.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: