Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:51:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why satoshi is gone?  (Read 5716 times)
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:39:29 AM

I think he made all his dreams come true by implementing BTC. Why he is gone is another question, but i think he might be even dead by this day, since he has many many enemies in this world.

Satoshi is probably not dead.  Alteast he was alive on March 7, 2014 when he posted this on his p2p profile:

" Satoshi Nakamoto on March 7, 2014 at 1:17

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.
"

Link  http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/xn/detail/2003008:Comment:52186

as someone mentioned earlier in the post.. this is not verified as fact as it is not signed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:50:20 AM

If you guys write a folk song about him he'll probably be a little pissed.  Just say'in.
As long as nonces continue to fly...
Satoshi Nakamoto will never die  do-whop do-whop

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:17:52 AM

Maybe he created another account on this forum and is lurking around, having fun reading our posts?
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:27:07 AM

The founding members of TBF killed him, had a taxidermist stuff him and hung him on a wall in Gavin's den.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:47:51 AM

Worst case, USA probably has his private keys and will destroy Bitcoin whenever it wants to by releasing continuous stream of coins onto the markets for months on end.
We call that cheap coins. And that's your worst scenario? Cool.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:01:02 AM

Worst case, USA probably has his private keys and will destroy Bitcoin whenever it wants to by releasing continuous stream of coins onto the markets for months on end.

Bitcoin itself would survive such a scenario, but the damage to the ecosystem would be devastating, the entire mining community would be forced elsewhere... would be interesting to watch.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:36:39 PM

Bitcoin itself would survive such a scenario, but the damage to the ecosystem would be devastating, the entire mining community would be forced elsewhere... would be interesting to watch.
No. There will always be miners, by design, no matter what the price does. And the "ecosystem" involves big holders dumping when they feel like it. Non-problem.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
robolove

Activity: 129
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:58:23 PM

He is completely irrelevant today. He did his job, and he did it well. Why would he waste his precious time here?
jdbtracker

Activity: 727

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:57:21 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 08:20:59 PM by jdbtracker

man, I am just amused by all the comments, who knows maybe they did it for a good giggle. Somewhere
out there, Satoshi is giggling reading all their posts, just so much wild speculation is possible.

But why Satoshi left? Dude, they made this thing unstoppable, how do you guarantee something to be unstoppable? It has to survive after you are gone. Look at the protocol, the design, the people, the community... They did all this from the beginning... it was well planned; This thing is unstoppable. The only thing that can kill it, is destroying all the digital infrastructure on the planet. And, even then if you create a strong community around it actively dissecting the code, the idea, re-iterating it a thousand fold; It will not die.

This thing is decentralized at every level, Blossoming into a thousand currencies, schemes, businesses, co-operatives, spreading and re-organizing itself, integrating itself into the current legacy system. This things is insane, the code, the protocol, adapting and evolving because it pays people to have an active interest in it's well being. We are taking care communally of the fastest growing network on the planet.

It is an example of what can be done when you begin to think of reality as a big processing engine, every human, computer, program, network, system is simply a node processing information that is visible for it to modify and reflect upon. A Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Network/ Decentralized Autonomous Organization observing itself from every perspective and point of view.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:28:36 PM

He is completely irrelevant today. He did his job, and he did it well. Why would he waste his precious time here?

Satoshi is working on more complex ideas:

"There's more work to do on DoS, but I'm doing a quick build of what I have so far in case it's needed, before venturing into more complex ideas.  The build for this is version 0.3.19."

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2228.msg29479#msg29479

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:40:07 PM

Look for Satoshi in the ninth decimal place.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 07:09:44 PM

A lot of people who already went in on Bitcoin don't understand that what's BAD for them (flood of coins for sale pushing BTC price down) is GOOD for others who haven't yet bought in (cheap coins for sale).

Far too many capitalists are like infants, they are only capable of considering themselves...

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:13:11 PM

I think more than anything Satoshi just got a bit burned out. He must have spent several years (at least) developing the ideas that led to the creation of the bitcoin whitepaper and then invested a great deal of effort and thought into starting the blockchain and working with the early community to make it survive and flourish. Eventually a person just gets tired.

That alone wouldn't cause him to completely drop out. But if this fatigue coincided with a period of rising fame (even on a minor scale compared to how it would be today) that a very private person like Satoshi would not appreciate, and an increasing flood of public and private communications... I know how I would react to that. There's a point where I (as an introvert) would just need to switch off. And I'm 99% sure that Satoshi was an introvert. It was ideas that made him tick, and people were a drain on his battery. Even positive interactions have this effect - it leaves us drained and seeking privacy. Hard for extroverts to understand.

So Satoshi saw Bitcoin taking off and reaching a point where it could grow without him. And bitcoin as an idea that he enjoyed was being replaced by the social aspects of fame and questions and criticisms and accolades - all of which were a negative to him. The risk that he would be unmasked, that there would be increasingly strong efforts to identify him - would have driven him to a point of no return.

With his personality I'm sure he's working on something now (and given his penchant for security, I'm inclined to believe the Foundation entry declaring he was not Dorian was genuine), but it may have nothing to do with crypto. He may have chosen a less stressful line of intellectual inquiry, like doing personal genealogy research or something.

I have trouble with the idea that he traded identities and got back into crypto. If he did it would be hard to keep his focused, keen intelligence and crypto experience masked. His desire to perfect whatever aspects of crypto he got involved with, and lack of patience with others struggling through issues he'd already decided or solved, would tend to create a track record of forceful arguments and epistles from this new identity showing a person with a masterful understanding of crypto. (I'm not saying he'd sound egotistical, but clear and forceful and firm.) How many candidates would there be with that kind of record, who are totally anonymous like Satoshi was, and whose prose is as crisp as Satoshi's? I'm guessing the list would be very small.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 08:21:38 PM

Likely he's still around, he just isn't calling himself Satoshi.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:56:00 PM

Likely he's still around, he just isn't calling himself Satoshi.
I agree with this theory, and the one about him leaving behind the Satoshi identity because of Gavin visiting the CIA.
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:44:22 PM

No. There will always be miners, by design, no matter what the price does. And the "ecosystem" involves big holders dumping when they feel like it. Non-problem.

And what prevents miners from choosing another coin???.... nothing, and what are the barriers to another coin taking over because it is now more valuable?Huh.... zero barriers, it is software, and there are a hundred coins with the same protocol.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 07:36:24 AM

And what prevents miners from choosing another coin???.... nothing, and what are the barriers to another coin taking over because it is now more valuable?Huh.... zero barriers, it is software, and there are a hundred coins with the same protocol.

No coin is even close to be more valuable : the second one Litecoin is only 2.5% of Bitcoin's valuation

I can imagine a coin created by a bank in Singapore or Hong Kong and backed by Gold that succeeds to get a lion share of the market but it would not mean that Bitcoin goes down to zero; by then Bitcoin will probably be valued a few tens of thousands of dollars or more

sj2199

Activity: 797

BBOD fast, non-custodial & transparent Exchange

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:56:05 AM

may be he is still on this forum but with a different username....

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 07:59:17 AM

Wouldn't he be in great danger if certain people knew who he was?
That's probably the reason why he left/changes his alias.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AlPutino

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:47:44 AM

He can't be completely gone cmon. He just uses a different name, that's it.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: